• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:33
CEST 19:33
KST 02:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7239 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 44

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 54 Next
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
August 11 2011 09:58 GMT
#861
What's so special/good about the QSENN DT-35
Aim Here
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Scotland672 Posts
August 11 2011 10:17 GMT
#862
On August 11 2011 18:58 Kluey wrote:
What's so special/good about the QSENN DT-35


It's cheap, standard therefore easily replacable, not rubbish by cheap rubber dome standards.

Western Starcraft fans like them because Korean pros use them.

Other than that, there's nothing special about them
ArhK
Profile Joined July 2007
France287 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 10:31:41
August 11 2011 10:31 GMT
#863
On August 09 2011 05:22 Wabbit wrote:
Hi all, could use some advice on buying a mech keyboard:

I really like laptop keyboards, so from my reading about mechs, here's what I think I would like:
- easy to click (so probably mx brown / red?)
- low noise/silent
- low price would be nice... (less than $100 I guess)

So blue/black does not sound like it's for me.

As for the layout and stuff, I'll just have a look at your recommendations. I live in the US.

What do people think about this one? (with browns)


I have this model for 1 week now; I bought it in order to make my workday a little more enjoyable .

It is a very nice Keyboard, well built. The layout is very tight, so it can be surprising. I have at home a Das Keyboard, so I had to adjust to the tighter layout but it is all good now.

You can find it on Qtan for around 85 $ if I remember correctly, don't hesitate. The Das Keyboard is more of a heavier / bigger keyboard, with a very standard layout, awesome to use ingame as well.

If you want more intel don't hesitate to PM me, I am typing on the Noppoo right now .
SetStndbySmn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States657 Posts
August 11 2011 21:43 GMT
#864
My Filco Majestouch-2 with blue switches arrived today and I'd recommend it a million times over.
"He doesn't operate under some divine shroud that lets him determine what is or is not valid culture. He cannot rob you, retroactively, of wholly valid experiences; he cannot transform them into worthless things." - Tycho
Glockateer
Profile Joined June 2009
United States254 Posts
August 12 2011 03:50 GMT
#865
On July 27 2011 08:22 Wihl wrote:
I got it from qtan on Geekhack. He has a forum in the vendors section called Esports something something (or gaming, i cant remember. Its really obvious though).

His english isnt perfect, he's chinese but lives in the US and has a store in China that sells computer-related stuff. He sends some stuff from China and some from the US depending on where he has stuff in stock.

The keyboard cost around 96 dollars or so (other switch types are a few dollars cheaper) and the shipping was 30 dollars to Sweden. Its cheaper to the US. I paid through Paypal and got my tracking number in PM. Then he asked me to create a thread in his vendor forum so he could use that to follow-up on my order. A few days later I got a second tracking number. I'm guessing the first one was tracking for the store and the second was for the international delivery.

I understand how it can feel a bit dodgy to get stuff from China but this guy is completely legit. He has a bunch of reviews in the vendors forum and his ebay status is perfect as well.

I just remembered... he actually sells all the stuff he has on ebay as well: http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments

I will definitely get more stuff from qtan. He answered all my questions within a few hours, usually less than an hour. Highly recommended. He'll also get anything (key caps, clothes, whatever) you want from www.taobao.com (kinda like chinese ebay) with a 10% fee.


Thanks for referring this. I have the same keyboard on the way since I've been looking for good priced mx reds for a while now. Qtan has nice service and great deals.
GET SM4SHED
hiturheartx
Profile Joined August 2011
61 Posts
August 13 2011 12:27 GMT
#866
hihi any recommendation for brown switch?

with audio/mic port, wrist rest would be nice
f7n
Profile Joined April 2011
Finland9 Posts
August 13 2011 14:28 GMT
#867
I recently bought a Filco Maj-2 with browns. Mine was broken or something. It pinged liked a motherfucker (google/youtube 'filco ping' and you'll know what I'm talking about). I RMA'd it today.

I really like the look of the Filco and I'd love to buy another but this Filco ping issue is pretty common and most manufacturers don't really address the issue. I'm considering a Das, but I don't like the glossiness or the style of the board.

I'm also trying to decide if I should get tenkeyless or just the same full 105 keys. And then there is the issue of the keys. Browns were okay but felt really dull. I'd like to try blues but I hear they suck for fps gaming (I play a lot of Battlefield).

Can anyone give me some advice?
see you, space cowboy
koonst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States215 Posts
August 13 2011 17:41 GMT
#868
cherry reds might be ur speed f7n good for fps and rts
f7n
Profile Joined April 2011
Finland9 Posts
August 13 2011 17:54 GMT
#869
arent they really hard to find?
see you, space cowboy
Rk0
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-13 23:31:06
August 13 2011 23:29 GMT
#870
how many players use the blackwidow ultimatum version and how many the normal one? The ultimatum version is like twice as expensive but does it have another benefit? I dont feel like paying double for lights
snigor
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway129 Posts
August 14 2011 00:16 GMT
#871
On August 14 2011 08:29 Rk0 wrote:
how many players use the blackwidow ultimatum version and how many the normal one? The ultimatum version is like twice as expensive but does it have another benefit? I dont feel like paying double for lights

It has usb-hub and audio jacks if i remember correct. If you're considering paying for the ultimate, you're better off getting a das/filco imo(higher quality keyboards).
They_
Profile Joined January 2011
Japan62 Posts
August 14 2011 10:34 GMT
#872
Brought a Zowie Celeritas last week and have been using it since. One really huge downfall to this keyboard is the spacebar. It feels really mushy, worse than a membrane keyboard I would say. It seems it has two cherry mx black switches as stabilizers and a cherry mx brown in the middle. With that aside, its the first time I've used a brown switch and I must say, the blues overall gave me a better feel. The only time when I need brown switches will be when its late at night or at work. One advantage I've realized that the brown switches have over the blue switches is that the actuation force required is noticeably lighter. Also, browns are much more quieter than I thought.
Diamond Zerg | Diamond ADC/MID | 音ゲー | Legendary Eagle
They_
Profile Joined January 2011
Japan62 Posts
August 14 2011 10:42 GMT
#873
On August 14 2011 08:29 Rk0 wrote:
how many players use the blackwidow ultimatum version and how many the normal one? The ultimatum version is like twice as expensive but does it have another benefit? I dont feel like paying double for lights

Blackwidow ultimate provides blue backlight as well. It is one thing you won't find in many quality mechanical keyboards. The price difference between the ultimate and non-ultimate is only around 20~30 bucks if I recall correctly.

More people need to start buying the blackwidow ultimate as their first mechanical keyboard. I don't quite get it why people hate on Razer products. They are durable as long as you handle them well.

NOTE: Blackwidow clicky sounds much more crisp than filco with blue switches. My guess would be that filco has a much thicker board while blackwidow's board is more similar to das/ducky.
Diamond Zerg | Diamond ADC/MID | 音ゲー | Legendary Eagle
Rk0
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands224 Posts
August 14 2011 11:36 GMT
#874
found the normal one for 73 euro and the ultimate one for 123 thats almost double the money
firehand101
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3152 Posts
August 14 2011 11:39 GMT
#875
All of the mechanical ones kick ass so you cant go wrong with them.
The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
August 14 2011 11:46 GMT
#876
On August 09 2011 05:22 Wabbit wrote:
Hi all, could use some advice on buying a mech keyboard:

I really like laptop keyboards, so from my reading about mechs, here's what I think I would like:
- easy to click (so probably mx brown / red?)
- low noise/silent
- low price would be nice... (less than $100 I guess)

So blue/black does not sound like it's for me.

As for the layout and stuff, I'll just have a look at your recommendations. I live in the US.

What do people think about this one? (with browns)


If your looking for a compact good mechanical keyboard I would go with the Leopold. I own one and have recommended it to several of my friends and they all love it. I agree with your choice on browns, I use them and I am quite happy with my decision.
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
August 14 2011 12:00 GMT
#877
On August 13 2011 23:28 f7n wrote:
I recently bought a Filco Maj-2 with browns. Mine was broken or something. It pinged liked a motherfucker (google/youtube 'filco ping' and you'll know what I'm talking about). I RMA'd it today.

I really like the look of the Filco and I'd love to buy another but this Filco ping issue is pretty common and most manufacturers don't really address the issue. I'm considering a Das, but I don't like the glossiness or the style of the board.

I'm also trying to decide if I should get tenkeyless or just the same full 105 keys. And then there is the issue of the keys. Browns were okay but felt really dull. I'd like to try blues but I hear they suck for fps gaming (I play a lot of Battlefield).

Can anyone give me some advice?
Sounds like you really "need" black switches. They don't feel dull at all, and are considered the best for FPS.

A Steelseries 6gv2 or 7g or a Mionix Zibal 60 could be choices for you, and are made in neighboring countries(Denmark and Sweden).


LiangHao
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 12:03:22
August 14 2011 12:03 GMT
#878
LiangHao
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
August 15 2011 05:26 GMT
#879
I just found this website, it seems they launched in the last month or two but when I saw the customizations my jaw dropped

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

Right now I'm honestly considering offloading my Das to a friend for cheap and buying one since I don't think anyone else even comes close to what they offer as far as customization and price range.

Initial review/impressions seem positive as well:

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/1083244-wasd-keyboard-v1-first-impressions.html
aznguyen316
Profile Joined August 2011
United States36 Posts
August 15 2011 05:43 GMT
#880
Love my HHKB with Topre capacitative switches.. mmm, I enjoy using them more than my Reds for sc2. The tactile feel really helps..
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM708
TKL 312
TaKeTV 261
IndyStarCraft 177
BRAT_OK 137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 708
TKL 312
IndyStarCraft 177
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 137
MaxPax 93
UpATreeSC 80
Rex 63
MindelVK 19
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 937
EffOrt 592
Mini 534
ggaemo 178
firebathero 167
Barracks 59
910 56
Hyun 48
Shine 42
Shinee 40
[ Show more ]
Killer 31
Bale 28
Sea.KH 25
ToSsGirL 20
Trap 19
soO 17
yabsab 11
White-Ra 11
Dota 2
qojqva4296
Counter-Strike
Fnx 707
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
crisheroes1455
Liquid`Hasu1090
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2670
singsing1494
B2W.Neo1016
ceh9588
Beastyqt480
ArmadaUGS173
C9.Mang0127
Dewaltoss94
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream459
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2247
• TFBlade920
Other Games
• Shiphtur247
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.