• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:51
CEST 00:51
KST 07:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6764 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 43

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 54 Next
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
August 08 2011 06:20 GMT
#841
I've been looking into mechanical keyboards and I'm pretty sure I'll get one eventually.

Did some reading on the links provided here, and as far as I can tell, the MX Black are the quietest of the Mechanical Switches? Can anyone verify that?

Unfortunately, for my setup I'm going to need them to be as quiet as is practical with actual mechanic design. I think I would prefer something loud and tough, like the Buckling Spring, but that is not going to be in the works for me.

Any advice about sound and switches, even specific makes? Thanks in advance.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
MASSivezTV
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States289 Posts
August 08 2011 06:51 GMT
#842
i own a Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless with Cherry MX Brown switches, it's great if you have the money (around 120 bucks if i remember right)
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
August 08 2011 07:31 GMT
#843
Is there any keyboard that isn't so loud, it's pretty cheap and has a wrist rest?
ryan1894
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia264 Posts
August 08 2011 07:57 GMT
#844
The reason the mechanical keyboards are loud are because to type at a semi-feasible speed, you have to bottom out - thus causing the plastic on plastic contact which causes a bit of a clack.

If you want to soften this - you can buy soft landing pads at EliteKeyboards, or something - but the actual keyswitch is silent (browns/blacks) its just that the bottom out cause noise

The only mechanical keyboards with a wrist rest would be something like BlackWidow, but that uses Blues. It is also the cheapest mechanical keyboard.

Browns = silent, tactile
Blues = clicky, tactile
Browns = silent, linear

Even "silent' is clacky without soft landing pads. Specific makes: Razer BlackWidow (sponsors TL.net), Filco Majestouch 2 (Ninja if you want) MX Blues/Browns/Blacks. Das Keyboard if you like dust/fingerprint magnets. Most people who have typed on more than make usually recommend Filco.
Jago
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland390 Posts
August 08 2011 08:50 GMT
#845
On August 08 2011 16:57 ryan1894 wrote:
The reason the mechanical keyboards are loud are because to type at a semi-feasible speed, you have to bottom out

No, you don't.
Xation
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada147 Posts
August 08 2011 09:05 GMT
#846
I have a Filco Majestouch 2 ten-keyless with Cherry MX Blues, and I love it. It has a nice weight to it, it's built well, and the sound isn't as annoying as some might say. I personally love the sound it makes, and it doesn't sidetrack me from what I am thinking about or anything like that. I highly recommend it. It was 99 euros though, which came out to like 124$. Anyway, yeah, this keyboard is awesome. Doesn't take up any space either.
Liquid HerO bonjwa. Stardust fighting! -Jester 1754
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
August 08 2011 12:55 GMT
#847
Hey, Im thinking about buying good new keyboard since my manager promised me new keyboard to replace my old crappy 5euros keyboard, if i make it to the WCG and I just want to ask if this one would be good?
http://www.silentrig.com/product/1063/filco-majestouch-2-nkr-tenkeyless-tactile-action-fise

It has brown switched on it and I think browns are the best one? I don't really know much about keyboards so I would like some help^^... and remember I need swe/fin layout
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
JPP
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland104 Posts
August 08 2011 13:04 GMT
#848
On August 08 2011 21:55 Welmu wrote:
Hey, Im thinking about buying good new keyboard since my manager promised me new keyboard to replace my old crappy 5euros keyboard, if i make it to the WCG and I just want to ask if this one would be good?
http://www.silentrig.com/product/1063/filco-majestouch-2-nkr-tenkeyless-tactile-action-fise

It has brown switched on it and I think browns are the best one? I don't really know much about keyboards so I would like some help^^... and remember I need swe/fin layout

That is indeed an excellent keyboard. I ordered one from silentrig as well about three weeks ago and now i'm waiting for it to arrive.
cmh
Profile Joined December 2005
United States88 Posts
August 08 2011 13:04 GMT
#849
On August 08 2011 21:55 Welmu wrote:
Hey, Im thinking about buying good new keyboard since my manager promised me new keyboard to replace my old crappy 5euros keyboard, if i make it to the WCG and I just want to ask if this one would be good?
http://www.silentrig.com/product/1063/filco-majestouch-2-nkr-tenkeyless-tactile-action-fise

It has brown switched on it and I think browns are the best one? I don't really know much about keyboards so I would like some help^^... and remember I need swe/fin layout


You will be very happy with that keyboard and especially with brown switches for sc2. In terms of quality, Filco makes some of the best mechanical keyboards on the market.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
August 08 2011 17:29 GMT
#850
On August 08 2011 21:55 Welmu wrote:
Hey, Im thinking about buying good new keyboard since my manager promised me new keyboard to replace my old crappy 5euros keyboard, if i make it to the WCG and I just want to ask if this one would be good?
http://www.silentrig.com/product/1063/filco-majestouch-2-nkr-tenkeyless-tactile-action-fise

It has brown switched on it and I think browns are the best one? I don't really know much about keyboards so I would like some help^^... and remember I need swe/fin layout


Filco is a great board, weighs a ton and is super quality. There's no 'best' switch, just one that suits you best.

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

Have a read of that to see what switch you might want.
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
August 08 2011 18:06 GMT
#851
Ended up with SS 6gv2. Decided that price of filco was too overkill for just being keyboard^^
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
natey-nate
Profile Joined June 2011
United States20 Posts
August 08 2011 19:05 GMT
#852
Filco is completely worth it. I have to say there is definitely a noticeable difference in build quality when i compare a majestouch to a Razer BWU, ThermalTake MekaG1, or Steelseries boards.

Other brands i would recommend: DAS, Noppoo Choc Mini, Cherry corp, Ducky.
Ive only heard awesome things about Realforce Topre switches, but they are so expensive, ive never tried them.

If you can, i would heavily recommend trying out the switches to see which one you prefer. They all have quite a distinct feel to each of them. Brown or Red might be the best ones to start off with if you are unsure. I personally use Blues.
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
August 08 2011 19:24 GMT
#853
I propably get new keyboard, if some companies will start selling quality/comfortable/cheaper keyboards with many different switches... I just think that 120+ euros is little bit too much for keyboard, but its my opinion >_>
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
August 08 2011 20:03 GMT
#854
On August 09 2011 04:24 Welmu wrote:
I propably get new keyboard, if some companies will start selling quality/comfortable/cheaper keyboards with many different switches... I just think that 120+ euros is little bit too much for keyboard, but its my opinion >_>


mechanical keyboards are expensive. rubber dome keyboards are not.
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 20:23:50
August 08 2011 20:22 GMT
#855
Hi all, could use some advice on buying a mech keyboard:

I really like laptop keyboards, so from my reading about mechs, here's what I think I would like:
- easy to click (so probably mx brown / red?)
- low noise/silent
- low price would be nice... (less than $100 I guess)

So blue/black does not sound like it's for me.

As for the layout and stuff, I'll just have a look at your recommendations. I live in the US.

What do people think about this one? (with browns)
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
JPP
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland104 Posts
August 08 2011 20:38 GMT
#856
On August 09 2011 05:22 Wabbit wrote:
Hi all, could use some advice on buying a mech keyboard:

I really like laptop keyboards, so from my reading about mechs, here's what I think I would like:
- easy to click (so probably mx brown / red?)
- low noise/silent
- low price would be nice... (less than $100 I guess)

So blue/black does not sound like it's for me.

As for the layout and stuff, I'll just have a look at your recommendations. I live in the US.

What do people think about this one? (with browns)

I haven't personally tried the noppoo but there's a review on geekhack. From what I can tell, it seems to be a very good keyboard, especially if you are looking for something smaller than a full size board.
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
August 08 2011 22:55 GMT
#857
On August 09 2011 05:38 JPP wrote:
I haven't personally tried the noppoo but there's a review on geekhack. From what I can tell, it seems to be a very good keyboard, especially if you are looking for something smaller than a full size board.


Yeah, thanks - saw that review, seems good. So far, that one seems to fit all my criteria...

But I'd still like more opinions/recommendations (especially about specific models and whether mx brown or red or whichever sounds like it would fit my preferences).
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
GigaFlop
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 21:15:02
August 09 2011 00:34 GMT
#858
I'm going to keep this short and simple. I hope it's specific enough.

1. I want to get a Mechanical keyboard
2. I want it to have Linear(Cherry MX Black/Red) switches
3. The keyboard must have a layout similar to that of a Das(i.e. no giant Enter key, no tiny Backspace)
4. I currently have a Saitek Cyborg, which is rather gigantic, and wouldn't leave much space on my future college dorm desk. A smaller keyboard would work wonders, especially one with a numpad. However, I can deal without an integrated numpad.

Side notes:
Backlighting is a big deal for me.
I can get used to odd fonts, but I prefer normal ones.
I would very much like mic/headphone ports somewhere.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Links to keyboards I have in mind:
Deck Legend
Deck 82
Zibal 60

Almost made a thread for this ^^

edit: made a thread for this
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ "Shift-Q oftentimes makes a capital Q" - Day[9] || iNcontrol - Alligator from heaven = ^
Hamzilla
Profile Joined April 2011
United States143 Posts
August 11 2011 04:19 GMT
#859
just got a black widow but I am returning it bc its NOT full size. if you're used to full size this can get annoying...especially for hot keying units in sc2. The ctrl key and the numbers dont line up like on a full size. I even changed the Caps Lock key to Ctrl but I couldnt get used to it.

However the Razer software is amazing. You can customize any key. The macro keys are easy to use. I'm just too used to a full-size. If you dont mind the smaller size, this is the best and most affordable mechanical keyboard
nerd
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
August 11 2011 04:43 GMT
#860
anyone just looking for a relatively cheap, good and reliable mechanical keyboard should look for ducky.
It's production factory is at taiwan and exactly the same as the deskeyboard, so you can expect some great quality there.

you can of cause take out the keys and replace with customised keys.

(btw, if anyone needs to type essay often, don't get black because it is quite stressful for the fingers to apply great force for long time)
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 143
910 45
NaDa 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever279
NeuroSwarm141
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8857
Liquid`Hasu1735
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3176
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo175
C9.Mang0157
ArmadaUGS93
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV244
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1088
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 9m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.