• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:52
CEST 00:52
KST 07:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6790 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 42

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 54 Next
snigor
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway129 Posts
July 31 2011 08:19 GMT
#821
On July 31 2011 17:11 Scaramanga wrote:
Whats the difference between a mechanical and non mechanical keyboard?

How their built and expected lifespan. A "normal" keyboard uses a rubber-dome membrane for all keys, while a mech keyboard uses a mechanical switch for each key.
http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html#post6009418
sad312
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada56 Posts
August 01 2011 14:35 GMT
#822
Alright I've been using a Ducky Cherry Mx Brown ones.

I really love the keyboard. The buttons register easily, and since i usually don't miss type/click it is perfect. It is extremely EASY to double tap and this has allowed me to boost my APM by a whole big margin. I used to do 80-90 APM and now i have 100-150 Apm average!! I am more solid and have moved ranks to top diamond instead of mid diamond.
bo0
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium550 Posts
August 01 2011 15:31 GMT
#823
I've been using a Filco Majestouch2 with cherry blue switches for a week now and I'm really happy with it ^^ the blue switches make quite a lot of noise, that's true, but I find them really comfortable to use. The keyboard is quite expensive and you don't get any flashy lights or monitors but that's a positive thing for me :D just a standard, really awesome keyboard I'd say
Divination
Profile Joined December 2010
United States139 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 18:20:00
August 01 2011 18:19 GMT
#824
Question for you guys...

I'm currently a masters player and I play on my laptop. Would buying an external keyboard (mechanical) help my performance? If so, in what way?
Virtue
Profile Joined July 2010
United States318 Posts
August 01 2011 18:24 GMT
#825
On August 02 2011 03:19 Divination wrote:
Question for you guys...

I'm currently a masters player and I play on my laptop. Would buying an external keyboard (mechanical) help my performance? If so, in what way?

The only reason to get a new keyboard is if your own keyboard is limiting you because of some amount of discomfort that it causes you or if it has some flaw, like a broken key or a slow repeat rate or something. Otherwise, it is all about personal preference.

If you like scissor swich keyboards like a laptop has, you might want to get an external keyboard like that. If you switched to a mechanical keyboard it would probably take a long time for you to get used to the new style of keys and to get comfortable again with macroing on the keyboard, which wouldn't be a bad thing, but it is something you have to consider. If you are comfortable with your current set up you probably won't experience any improvement just by switching to a mechanical keyboard.
Gattaca.usa
Profile Joined October 2010
131 Posts
August 02 2011 02:11 GMT
#826
I can't decide between a Razer BlackWidow or Thermaltake Meka G1 or a SteelSeries 6GV2

Any suggestions?

Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
August 02 2011 12:29 GMT
#827
I'm using a Zowie Celeritas with brown switches. Do I recommend it? Not really. I've tried both Das and Filco keyboards with brown switches and in my opinion the Celeritas is not the same quality as the other two, although they cost pretty much the same.

You're probably better off ordering something other than the Celeritas. The switches doesn't feel as good as the other keyboards and I had to order an extra space bar keycap since mine was broken when I first got the keyboard.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with the Celeritas?
ryan1894
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia264 Posts
August 02 2011 13:37 GMT
#828
On August 02 2011 03:19 Divination wrote:
Question for you guys...

I'm currently a masters player and I play on my laptop. Would buying an external keyboard (mechanical) help my performance? If so, in what way?


No.

Replacing keyboard will not help in any shape or form unless happen to be faster than JulyZerg was in his prime.

The only reason you should go with mech keyboards is because you want to/feel like it.
Nefariously
Profile Joined December 2010
277 Posts
August 03 2011 12:37 GMT
#829
if anyone is interested in purchasing a mechanical keyboard anytime soon, check out wasdkeyboards. they have a customizable keyboard service where you can customize the keycaps and color of your keyboard for about the same price as other retailers.
now ask me if i care
althaz
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-03 14:25:55
August 03 2011 14:22 GMT
#830
Dude that's frickin' sick as hell! I just designed a set of keycaps and if they ship to Aus I'm going to be ordering them right away!

EDIT: Oh god that's so awesome! Now where the hell did I put my credit card...
The first rule we don't talk about race conditions. of race conditions is
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
August 05 2011 02:49 GMT
#831
after a LOT of wrangling with my country's postal service (canada post, worst delivery service in the world), finally managed to get my das cherry browns in the mail today.

it's been very pleasant to type on them so far. i bought the unprinted keys version, doesn't really seem to affect my typing speed as I never look down when I type and I'm a proficient enough typist. trying to get used to the keys so I don't bottom out as much. i can see why some people get annoyed by the glossy surface, it's a dust/fingerprint magnet, and also prone to scratches - accidentally ran my fingernail across it and left some scratch marks already, so if you're very anal about aesthetics, you might want to reconsider getting the das.

otherwise, no complaints. my first venture into the mechanical keyboard world and it's been a blast so far.
Hierarch
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2197 Posts
August 06 2011 07:44 GMT
#832
Just got a blackwidow ultimate, I like it, but I can't stand the macro keys, it makes typing normally harder for me. Also the 1st one I got had a broken spacebar and the second one after that had a broken "w" key. About to return it and order a Das silent professional.
MC|NonY|HerO|NaDa|MVP|DRG|Ret|Sen|Dimaga|Leenock
Gattaca.usa
Profile Joined October 2010
131 Posts
August 06 2011 14:09 GMT
#833
I just order a Das Professional S with the student discount so it was only $103.20, I'm super excited for it to come!!!!
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
August 06 2011 14:46 GMT
#834
If you have money, buy a filco with RED switch.
I have a Zowie Celeritas (brown switch), and I love this keyboard. But I was able to test the keyboard of a friend : Filco majestouch with red switch. And it's just the best for RTS. I recommend.
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
Airship
Profile Joined August 2010
United States465 Posts
August 06 2011 15:00 GMT
#835
I spilled an entire pint of beer into my blackwidow because I am a walking disaster area. Left it to dry upside down for a few days. Works completely perfectly after a wipe.
Morta
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany557 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 10:55:08
August 07 2011 10:06 GMT
#836
So guys,i'am also interested now in a Mechanical Keyboard since i destroyed my old G11 by accident and now i'am typing on a 10 euro keyboard which is absolutely horrible.

Can you guys recommend me a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches which also has a german layout?

There are countless keyboards with Cherry MX Brown switches but they are ALL in American layout or japanese or whatever but i can't find any MX brown keyboard with germany layout.

Is there even any MX brown GER layout keyboard?


EDIT:
Finally got one.

Will get the Zowie Celeuritas Cherry MX Browns as soon as i get my money on my bank account.

Can't wait for that beauty. <3
if i'am sad i stop being sad and play starcraft 2 instead.True Story.
Zaken_
Profile Joined March 2011
Spain35 Posts
August 07 2011 13:12 GMT
#837
For the price of a celeritas i would get a filco, but that's me.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
August 07 2011 14:48 GMT
#838
getdigital.de also sels Das Keyboard Silent for about 130 euro with german layout.
linduxed
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden111 Posts
August 07 2011 15:17 GMT
#839
On August 07 2011 19:06 Morta wrote:
So guys,i'am also interested now in a Mechanical Keyboard since i destroyed my old G11 by accident and now i'am typing on a 10 euro keyboard which is absolutely horrible.

Can you guys recommend me a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches which also has a german layout?

There are countless keyboards with Cherry MX Brown switches but they are ALL in American layout or japanese or whatever but i can't find any MX brown keyboard with germany layout.

Is there even any MX brown GER layout keyboard?


EDIT:
Finally got one.

Will get the Zowie Celeuritas Cherry MX Browns as soon as i get my money on my bank account.

Can't wait for that beauty. <3

Since I'm typing this on a Das Keyboard Ultimate (blue switches, but oh well), I have to say you should have gotten a Das Professional S.

Just my opinion .
UserErrOr413
Profile Joined May 2011
United States178 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 16:53:22
August 07 2011 16:52 GMT
#840
Just got a Filco with the Metallic Blue Body and MX brown switches from Amazon, now i just need to get the lavender/blue WASD keys. It is pretty awesome. Definitely a good upgrade from my Macbook laptop keyboard :D.
Only wish i knew about the wasdkeyboard listed on the other page. A checker board keyboard would have been so cool.


On August 07 2011 19:06 Morta wrote:
So guys,i'am also interested now in a Mechanical Keyboard since i destroyed my old G11 by accident and now i'am typing on a 10 euro keyboard which is absolutely horrible.

Can you guys recommend me a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches which also has a german layout?

There are countless keyboards with Cherry MX Brown switches but they are ALL in American layout or japanese or whatever but i can't find any MX brown keyboard with germany layout.

Is there even any MX brown GER layout keyboard?


EDIT:
Finally got one.

Will get the Zowie Celeuritas Cherry MX Browns as soon as i get my money on my bank account.

Can't wait for that beauty. <3


Would something like this work, besides the fact it is too late cuz you have the Zowie on the way.

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_search.asp?SG=10040
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 127
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 143
910 47
NaDa 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever288
NeuroSwarm155
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8708
Liquid`Hasu1735
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3176
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo175
C9.Mang0157
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 8m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.