• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:22
CEST 16:22
KST 23:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6742 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 47

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 54 Next
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 09:36:49
August 19 2011 09:27 GMT
#921
On August 19 2011 18:20 Blisse wrote:
A Filco is always the better choice. The reason the others are popular is because they usually cost significantly less than a Filco, and are much more available. If they're the same price for you, always get the Filco unless you want Multimedia keys.

I didn't upgrade to a better mechanical keyboard from the BlackWidow because I don't feel they're worth the cost in the store.

Switch preference should also be taken into consideration, as well as keyboard layout. Steelseries has a funky keyboard layout, while Razer has a funky function key layout.


Ok thanks, I might just go with one of the Filco ones. I do like the "simple" look of them. They seems to be basically the same with either black, blue or brown switches. Though I'm not sure why the last one doesn't have a "-2" at the end of the name, but that doesn't seem relevant.

Edit: Found was the 2 was for. Blue led light while the other is red. I also noticed I forgot to add the tax rate for shipping to sweden so it's ends up a little more expensive. Still in the range of the ones I posted though.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
snigor
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway129 Posts
August 19 2011 10:42 GMT
#922
LEDs on the filcos are different for each of the switch types. Majestouch 2 came after Majestouch, kind of like Starcraft 2 came after 1.
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 11:04:14
August 19 2011 11:02 GMT
#923
It says blue led for both the one with the brown and blue switches though so I assumed it had to do with the number. Also because I didn't see any other difference in the specs or pictures of the three and they were sorted under the same article number and cost exactly the same

So what color does the one with the brown switches usually have? Are there any significant differences between the majestouch 1 and 2? Looking at pictures they seems awfully alike.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Talho
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium592 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 11:19:18
August 19 2011 11:13 GMT
#924
On August 19 2011 20:02 nihlon wrote:
It says blue led for both the one with the brown and blue switches though so I assumed it had to do with the number. Also because I didn't see any other difference in the specs or pictures of the three and they were sorted under the same article number and cost exactly the same

So what color does the one with the brown switches usually have? Are there any significant differences between the majestouch 1 and 2? Looking at pictures they seems awfully alike.


It's only a small difference, afaik. Geekhack is the best for this kind of information

I'll just google it

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?17744-Should-I-wait-for-Majestouch-2
http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=204#wrapper (scroll down for this, till "The main difference between 1 and 2 is the circuit board design." )
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
August 19 2011 11:26 GMT
#925
Thanks! I also found a youtube video with a guy comparing the two and it's seems to be mostly differences you'd barely notice.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
MinKi
Profile Joined September 2010
Korea (South)151 Posts
August 19 2011 12:50 GMT
#926
ibm model m /thread
"I'm a starcraft jock. I'm not a nerd" - Artosis
KangaRuthless
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States304 Posts
August 19 2011 13:42 GMT
#927
I just purchased this Razer Blackwidow

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114012

and got this for free

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153063
www.youtube.com/KangaRuthless
althaz
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1001 Posts
August 19 2011 13:55 GMT
#928
Hey guys, a buddy of mine is (after trying out my Das Keyboard Pro S) after a mechanical keyboard. His only proviso is blue or preferably brown switches and blue backlit keys (this is a must for him lol).

Any suggestions? Also it has to be available in Australia . So far the only one I've found is the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, but I've heard Razer keyboards aren't the best and he'd prefer brown switches (the Razer has blue).
The first rule we don't talk about race conditions. of race conditions is
Mo0Rauder
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada182 Posts
August 19 2011 15:42 GMT
#929
I use the steel series 6gv2, great keyboard!! Live in Ontario, bought it from Best Buy on sale for $99.99
All work or all play? Nive to five? Or, five to nine?
Hamzilla
Profile Joined April 2011
United States143 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 16:34:39
August 19 2011 16:34 GMT
#930
do you guys checker just for looks or does it serve some application? just wondering. i have a das professional s
nerd
ppeeddaa
Profile Joined May 2011
Austria28 Posts
August 19 2011 16:47 GMT
#931
On August 19 2011 22:55 althaz wrote:
Hey guys, a buddy of mine is (after trying out my Das Keyboard Pro S) after a mechanical keyboard. His only proviso is blue or preferably brown switches and blue backlit keys (this is a must for him lol).

Any suggestions? Also it has to be available in Australia . So far the only one I've found is the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, but I've heard Razer keyboards aren't the best and he'd prefer brown switches (the Razer has blue).


he might wants to wait for the Ducky Shine to be released:

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:21007&highlight=shine

should be then available with worldwide shipping at http://global.pchome.com.tw/
DalaiLameR
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
16 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 17:00:23
August 19 2011 16:59 GMT
#932
backlit keyboards:

xarmor u9bl s (cherry brown)

razer blackwidow ultimate (cherry blue)

Deck Legend - Ice (cherry clear)
MeLttlPowny
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands21 Posts
August 19 2011 17:00 GMT
#933
i got my razor blackwidow about a month ago and im very happy with it!
consider this one
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
August 19 2011 20:22 GMT
#934
On August 19 2011 18:20 Blisse wrote:
A Filco is always the better choice. The reason the others are popular is because they usually cost significantly less than a Filco, and are much more available. If they're the same price for you, always get the Filco unless you want Multimedia keys.

I didn't upgrade to a better mechanical keyboard from the BlackWidow because I don't feel they're worth the cost in the store.

Switch preference should also be taken into consideration, as well as keyboard layout. Steelseries has a funky keyboard layout, while Razer has a funky function key layout.


Not all others have are lesser quality than filcos. Costar the manufacturer of filcos also makes Leopold along with a few other brands.
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
raid3n
Profile Joined June 2007
United States58 Posts
August 19 2011 20:42 GMT
#935
Just purchased the Leopold tenkeyless with Cherry MX browns, and I absolutely love it. The feel of the keys is great, I was contemplating getting the blacks but I went with the browns since they're a little quieter.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
August 19 2011 22:21 GMT
#936
On August 20 2011 05:42 raid3n wrote:
Just purchased the Leopold tenkeyless with Cherry MX browns, and I absolutely love it. The feel of the keys is great, I was contemplating getting the blacks but I went with the browns since they're a little quieter.


I have this exact keyboard same switches tenkeyless as well. I love it. When i go to work and have to type on a normal keyboard it's so annoying. Makes me happy to go home and have my Leopold waiting for me.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
StormSnarlX
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States278 Posts
August 19 2011 22:43 GMT
#937
On August 19 2011 22:42 KangaRuthless wrote:
I just purchased this Razer Blackwidow

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114012

and got this for free

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153063


My wallet hates you but my gamer spirit salutes you ^__^
Catz Forever <3
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
August 20 2011 00:00 GMT
#938
On August 20 2011 07:21 Xinder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2011 05:42 raid3n wrote:
Just purchased the Leopold tenkeyless with Cherry MX browns, and I absolutely love it. The feel of the keys is great, I was contemplating getting the blacks but I went with the browns since they're a little quieter.


I have this exact keyboard same switches tenkeyless as well. I love it. When i go to work and have to type on a normal keyboard it's so annoying. Makes me happy to go home and have my Leopold waiting for me.


Same exact feeling. I actually look forward to writing essays because I get to type on my mechanical keyboard. Even more so now that its checkered
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
ReptarReptar
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia9 Posts
August 20 2011 00:24 GMT
#939
So I bought a Filco 10keyless with blues a couple of months ago. I can say I really enjoy the feel of it and would recommend it. I had a G15 and Logitech MX5500 keyboards and there is a significant difference between the Filco and the Logitech's. I think, if you are on the fence and you have bought a "gaming keyboard", I think you will find something like a Filco (or leopold or ducky) a good purchase and a definite improvement. Enough of how much I like my keyboard.

The other day I was at a friends place and some beer got spilled onto my keyboard making a few of my keys really sticky and not good. So trying to clean it was something I wanted to do. I tried using methylated spirits and cotton buds and flooding the affected switches which didn't really give me results. I ended up dismantling the keyboard cleaning the keycaps with warm soapy water and the circuit board with just warm water. It has been a couple of days now and every thing seems to be working well and no more beer on my keys.

Some quick details on dismantaling; there are 3 layers, the top of the case, the circuit board and the bottom of the case. There is a screw connecting the bottom of the case through the circuit board and into the top of the case AND 2 screws connecting the circuit board to the bottom case piece.
1> remove screw from bottom of case voiding warranty
2> wedge a thin object between top and bottom of the case from the underside (like a butter knife or something similar) and flex it outwards to disengage a hook (holding the two pieces of the case together)
3> repeat 2> around the case, from memory there are about 10 spread over the perimeter
4> case should come apart very easily
5> 2 screws should be visible attaching the circuit board to the bottom of the case
6> all done :D

The process is pretty simple, but it voids your warranty etc. So if you spring for a new keyboard and something like this happens and your options are sell for a big loss, or try and clean it, I would consider taking it appart and cleaning it. Once again voids warranty, do at your own risk and, if it's not broken, don't fix it.
naolin
Profile Joined March 2011
United States81 Posts
August 20 2011 04:26 GMT
#940
On August 20 2011 07:43 StormSnarlX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2011 22:42 KangaRuthless wrote:
I just purchased this Razer Blackwidow

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114012

and got this for free

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153063


My wallet hates you but my gamer spirit salutes you ^__^



I actually just went for that deal too :p
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 969
WardiTV808
OGKoka 259
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
Rex 141
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2784
Shuttle 1668
EffOrt 838
BeSt 638
Light 403
Mini 366
firebathero 356
ZerO 277
ggaemo 269
Stork 264
[ Show more ]
Rush 177
Barracks 120
Shine 89
Zeus 80
Sea.KH 67
Killer 59
Hyun 42
Yoon 40
sorry 36
Shinee 30
ToSsGirL 29
Sexy 28
Mong 27
Aegong 26
Terrorterran 25
Bale 20
soO 17
HiyA 16
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
qojqva3643
Dendi1932
BananaSlamJamma311
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes463
Other Games
singsing2247
olofmeister1621
hiko1044
B2W.Neo846
Lowko348
Pyrionflax230
Sick195
Liquid`VortiX190
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)12
Liquid`RaSZi4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream542
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2309
• Nemesis1825
• TFBlade476
Other Games
• WagamamaTV269
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.