• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:27
CEST 05:27
KST 12:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9688 users

Guy hangs himself, streams it via webcam - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
October 11 2010 23:15 GMT
#41
erm could i posibly see that video somewhere?
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
October 11 2010 23:15 GMT
#42
shitty situation
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
October 11 2010 23:15 GMT
#43
On October 12 2010 07:48 Coagulation wrote:
that sucks if its real.

just curious how can you tell if this wasnt just a very well staged hoax..


This attitude could've instigated the event more, like everyone thinking it's fake and antagonizing him about it. If everyone had been telling him not to do it, that may have stopped him OR if someone believed it was going to really happen and called the police sooner, the death could've been prevented and he could've gotten the help that he needed, even if it was maybe unwanted by him. It's sad that even with the internet, people are still this lonely. Such a sad story/situation.
Hi
Deleted User 45772
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
339 Posts
October 11 2010 23:15 GMT
#44
--- Nuked ---
pewzzri
Profile Joined June 2010
23 Posts
October 11 2010 23:15 GMT
#45
I saw this and thought it was kinda exciting, i've never seen a suicide live. if you feel so bad about watching it why did you even watch it or read it?

I do not understand people feeling bad about it, i mean in sweden around 1200 people kill themself every year that's ~3 people everyday you can "feel" bad about then? would it had been better if he didn't stream it since you wouldn't had known about it?

Also he wrote on facebook just a few days ago that he needed a rope to hang himself and one of his friends told him to use the networkcord instead, and he seemed very calm while writing so i don't think if some random anonymous people would had told him to not do it instead of pushing for it he wouldn't had done it.
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
October 11 2010 23:16 GMT
#46


this is so sad.
skYfiVe
Profile Joined April 2010
United States382 Posts
October 11 2010 23:17 GMT
#47
Terrible shit, but you can only imagine what goes through the head of people like that.. how fucked up do you actually have to be to hang yourself in front of people watching...
"1baseiwa"
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
October 11 2010 23:19 GMT
#48
On October 12 2010 08:15 whiteLotus wrote:
erm could i posibly see that video somewhere?


Don't ask for it here.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Deleted User 45772
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
339 Posts
October 11 2010 23:19 GMT
#49
--- Nuked ---
darklordjac
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada2231 Posts
October 11 2010 23:20 GMT
#50
Yah that sucks
baikor
Profile Joined April 2008
Bulgaria28 Posts
October 11 2010 23:24 GMT
#51
This is so sad.
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
October 11 2010 23:24 GMT
#52
I think I'm gonna stay far away from that link.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
October 11 2010 23:26 GMT
#53
I remember the feeling I got from seeing the footage of that American tourist being beheaded by terrorists ... It's weird how you can want to see something that horrible, cause I'll admit I was curious and wanted to see. Regretted it ever since, not going to search for the hanging video that dark pit in my stomach and cold feeling you get comes back everytime I think about it

Support to you Mrwl. Do somethin fun and try to get it out of your mind.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
kammeyer
Profile Joined June 2010
United States275 Posts
October 11 2010 23:27 GMT
#54
That is really sad. People with aspergers' syndrome are usually really intelligent people, but definitely socially awkward. ;\
Sqq
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway2023 Posts
October 11 2010 23:28 GMT
#55
If people think its weird people where curious they are kind o wrong. Its human natur to be curious. I have the picture series, and it actually made me sick to my stomach, and I spend alot of my day on /b/
Dead girls don't say no.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
October 11 2010 23:34 GMT
#56
I'm torn on this. On the one hand, I share his opinion on living for yourself and not others. I'm not particularly upset that he ignored pleas to stop and killed himself. (Note that I'm not saying I don't care if he dies, just that the choice was his to make, and if he was really focused on this, then I feel I have no right to stop him).

On the other hand, the reasons that he used are kinda bullshit. I have Asperger's Syndrome too, and while I did indeed suffer a bit of bullying and alienation in my childhood, I can confidently say that the kind of torment I went through is reserved pretty much for pre-college life (granted, some teasing by siblings still happens, but that's more of a family issue). After the shittiness of high school, people tend to be a lot more lenient and compassionate. I don't know how old this fellow was or if the Swedish educational system is similar to that of America's, but if he was still a minor, waiting it out until he hits 18 would have opened up a lot of freedom for him. If he was 18+, then it's probably the environment he was living in that drove him over the edge, and not just some villainous bullies with a grudge. In that case, I would suggest some kind of psychotherapy session, or consoling, or a new place to live, or anti-depression medicines (I take these, they DRASTICALLY curb the quirks of Asperger's), or... anything, really. Killing yourself isn't very high on my treatment list.

And as for being lonely? It's not that hard to socialize, even if you DO have Asperger's (which limits social interaction). Go outside, hang out with some people at school or your job, make new friends! Being clouded by your misconception of "I have no friends, the world hates me" can only lead to a further descent into despair. I would know, I've been there.

So, I guess I'm more disappointed with this man, rather than sad for him. He had so many other choices, and he threw them away in favor of not having to make choices ever again. It's pitiable, really.

By the way, I don't mean to be unnecessarily harsh, or incite any flames. These are simply my views on the matter, and if you disagree, don't say that I'm pro-suicide or some nonsense. That hurts my feelings. =(
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
kammeyer
Profile Joined June 2010
United States275 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-11 23:37:46
October 11 2010 23:37 GMT
#57
On October 12 2010 08:34 Aeres wrote:
I'm torn on this. On the one hand, I share his opinion on living for yourself and not others. I'm not particularly upset that he ignored pleas to stop and killed himself. (Note that I'm not saying I don't care if he dies, just that the choice was his to make, and if he was really focused on this, then I feel I have no right to stop him).

On the other hand, the reasons that he used are kinda bullshit. I have Asperger's Syndrome too, and while I did indeed suffer a bit of bullying and alienation in my childhood, I can confidently say that the kind of torment I went through is reserved pretty much for pre-college life (granted, some teasing by siblings still happens, but that's more of a family issue). After the shittiness of high school, people tend to be a lot more lenient and compassionate. I don't know how old this fellow was or if the Swedish educational system is similar to that of America's, but if he was still a minor, waiting it out until he hits 18 would have opened up a lot of freedom for him. If he was 18+, then it's probably the environment he was living in that drove him over the edge, and not just some villainous bullies with a grudge. In that case, I would suggest some kind of psychotherapy session, or consoling, or a new place to live, or anti-depression medicines (I take these, they DRASTICALLY curb the quirks of Asperger's), or... anything, really. Killing yourself isn't very high on my treatment list.

And as for being lonely? It's not that hard to socialize, even if you DO have Asperger's (which limits social interaction). Go outside, hang out with some people at school or your job, make new friends! Being clouded by your misconception of "I have no friends, the world hates me" can only lead to a further descent into despair. I would know, I've been there.

So, I guess I'm more disappointed with this man, rather than sad for him. He had so many other choices, and he threw them away in favor of not having to make choices ever again. It's pitiable, really.

By the way, I don't mean to be unnecessarily harsh, or incite any flames. These are simply my views on the matter, and if you disagree, don't say that I'm pro-suicide or some nonsense. That hurts my feelings. =(


There are certainly different levels of severity of aspergers' syndrome. I'm glad that you successfully got over your quirks and learned to socialize, but it certainly isn't as easily overcome for some others due to the different severity of cases there are with the disease, know what I'm saying? ;P
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
October 11 2010 23:38 GMT
#58
Wow thats really quite depressing if only someone could of talked him out of it. Just goes to show that suicide is nothing to joke about if everyone he talked to told him not to do it instead of saying he did not have the balls for it he might of lived depressing
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
Eloquent
Profile Joined July 2009
United States475 Posts
October 11 2010 23:40 GMT
#59
The saddest part was that the person was using smilies and all. He knew deep down inside that he was really going to hang himself, yet others were so ignorant.

It's like everybody is trying to prove that he is a troll, then got owned by the guy in return that he is not.

This. Sickens. Me.
Jaedong for Platnium Mouse.
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
October 11 2010 23:40 GMT
#60
On October 12 2010 08:11 Dali. wrote:
Yea it was real. There were a couple threads @ you know where.

I don't feel terribly disturbed by it. The man was evidently not enjoying life and didn't see a way out. He took his life to release himself from his problems, he understood the consequences, it wasn't a tragic accident. In a strange way, having on lookers may have eased his mind, he was getting attention (albeit for the wrong reasons), something which he may have never have had before.

Sorry if this comes off as cruel or offensive, its just my take on things. IMO it is worse for a young man enjoying life to lose his life in circumstances outside of his control rather than an unhappy one making a conscious decision to end his.


I don't think it's disturbing (haven't looked at the video though) but I find it incredibly sad. He probably could have turned things around with the right mindset and some help from the right people. He may have been aware of the consequences but that doesn't mean he was aware of the alternatives.
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 221
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 548
NaDa 48
TT1 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 681
Other Games
summit1g10295
WinterStarcraft413
Mew2King98
ViBE86
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV302
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush999
• Lourlo719
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 33m
INu's Battles
8h 33m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 33m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 33m
Replay Cast
19h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.