• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:44
CEST 13:44
KST 20:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10281 users

Guy hangs himself, streams it via webcam - Page 18

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
October 13 2010 05:29 GMT
#341
Man, I don't think I have the guts to watch a real live suicide from someone. I would feel like shit for a very long time.
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
October 13 2010 05:31 GMT
#342

I don't want to be an ass or anything, but i don't get this part "never understood how to socialize with other human beings." seems like he actually did know how to socialize with others. Maybe not just girls. Seems like that would be his Youtube account, dunno has it been here already.


Do you even know what asperger's syndrome is?

I know it is getting a lot of shit today and people are loosely defining it more and more, which is starting to give it less credibility (in the sense that how truly functional the person is socially is unknown). But regardless, all you honestly have to do is wikipedia the word. Seriously.

And the FIRST sentence that comes up is

Asperger syndrome or Asperger's syndrome (English pronunciation: /æspɜrɡɜrz/) is an autism spectrum disorder that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.


In correlation with what the guy said himself. With very little research you can see someone posted this on the first page:

(He made a post how his life otherwise is going good, grades good, good income, everything fine and dandy except for his social life that seemed to have been affected by his disease.)


I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Shpiel
Profile Joined April 2010
United States47 Posts
October 13 2010 05:31 GMT
#343
On October 13 2010 13:16 Maynarde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 17:42 TallMax wrote:
To the author of the OP, and anyone else who has watched this, I hope you're doing OK, but don't beat yourself up over it. There's large events in history that change the way we will perceive the world, even things that happen before we were born; and, there's small, tragic events that not everyone is directly a part of that help shape us differently than everyone else. Posts like this always bring up arguments about suicide, but the real point here is how it happened and how to help people who've seen this. Don't get caught up in the opinions that aren't related to your experience, particularly from people who don't even know you.

My main point is, you're still alive, decide what you want to take from having seen this. You don't have to make a sunny day out of it, but try to take something from this situation. Don't let this be another meaningless death. Oh, and go have some ice cream, or hot chocolate.


Can I get an amen


Amen. I really want more people to see this.
Life! Enjoy it.
dranko
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden378 Posts
October 13 2010 05:51 GMT
#344
My brother watched this... I didn't believe my ears when he told me...
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 07:04:42
October 13 2010 06:51 GMT
#345
On October 13 2010 07:49 SichuanPanda wrote:
People are gonna call my cynical for this, and hell I guess I am. But I can't feel sorry about someone dieing because of a suicide, it was their decision, and they figured it was the right thing to do. I also think that people who resort to suicide instead of really confronting their problems are of a weak mental fortitude. I however do feel sorry for the people who had to see the morbidity of the video and are not able to handle it, I can completely understand that. But I will never feel sorry for someone who killed themselves, especially one who made it such a spectacle.



So you can't feel sorry for some one whos life sucks and they have "weak mental fortitude"? You are a fucking asshole. The amount of posts in this thread saying suicide is for the weak, cowards, or some other ridiculous statement make me want to puke. How fucking dense can you be.

People who are at the point where they will kill themselves either have had the world shit on them or have some serious mental problems that require professional help. This guy had aspergers which makes it difficult for him to socialize with others. Obviously his sydrome affected his life and mental state greatly.

Who gives a shit about people who saw a video of a guy they didn't want to see. I imagine the torment going through this young guys head his entire life was far worse then a glimpse of this video.
#1 Kwanro Fan
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 06:54:54
October 13 2010 06:54 GMT
#346
On October 13 2010 15:51 Bosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 07:49 SichuanPanda wrote:
People are gonna call my cynical for this, and hell I guess I am. But I can't feel sorry about someone dieing because of a suicide, it was their decision, and they figured it was the right thing to do. I also think that people who resort to suicide instead of really confronting their problems are of a weak mental fortitude. I however do feel sorry for the people who had to see the morbidity of the video and are not able to handle it, I can completely understand that. But I will never feel sorry for someone who killed themselves, especially one who made it such a spectacle.



So you can't feel sorry for some one whos life sucks and they have "weak mental fortitude"? You are a fucking asshole.


Indeed, its a paradox, on one hand he claims he cant feel sorry for said individuals, but on the other hand he atributes their actions to inate cirscunstances, so basically, you hes an asshole ?
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
October 13 2010 07:09 GMT
#347
Suicide is a very sad thing indeed, and oftentimes what is even sadder is that there exist persons who garner a sadistic thrill as a result of the self-inflicted violence of another.

Few things in life are as painful as what one could maximally experience, painfully, in life, by logic of tautology and therefore, no further conclusion might be reached from my statement.

I offer the deepest condolences to all those who have been affected in a neutral or negative way. I offer only a scowl to any and all trolls who derive any degree of schadenfreudist pleasure from this tragedy.

O woe is the woe of the woeful.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
DROPPINBOMBS
Profile Joined April 2010
United States312 Posts
October 13 2010 07:42 GMT
#348
On October 12 2010 07:56 TheCabDriver wrote:
You tried to stop him, just remember that.

Hes absolutely right, obviously this kid/guy had this planned already. Sorry for you having to see that.
Ideas are bullet-proof.
countolaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Georgia38 Posts
October 13 2010 08:08 GMT
#349
I mean I'm fucking amazed these stories happen online. Clearly this is a problem still and something that has to be addressed by those streaming sites.
Just your random person..
Vlanitak
Profile Joined November 2009
Norway3045 Posts
October 13 2010 08:38 GMT
#350
He was streaming this through a private FTP stream server he setup, it was not streamed through livestream/ustream/justin.tv like some did a bit back in time.
washed
Ghier
Profile Joined June 2010
99 Posts
October 13 2010 08:41 GMT
#351
What shocks me is the amount of people that say stuff like "People who commit suicide are selfish and weak. They dont even care about what they are doing to their families". It really just boggles my mind that they can make a judgement like that and place it on every single person who commits suicide. Like it is really just that simple. Also, they think they know what depression is because their dog died when they were a kid and since they were able to cope. Everyone else should be able to cope as well. Including people diagnosed with mental illnesses.

I think volunteering or working at a mental health facility would be very eye opening to a lot people. The lack of understanding and compassion for those who are struggling with something very serious is sad. It makes life incredibly harder for them because they already feel worthless and when so many people avoid them or pass their naive judgement, its like proof to them that they really are worthless. So very sad.
andy186
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1058 Posts
October 13 2010 09:06 GMT
#352
On October 13 2010 15:51 Bosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2010 07:49 SichuanPanda wrote:
People are gonna call my cynical for this, and hell I guess I am. But I can't feel sorry about someone dieing because of a suicide, it was their decision, and they figured it was the right thing to do. I also think that people who resort to suicide instead of really confronting their problems are of a weak mental fortitude. I however do feel sorry for the people who had to see the morbidity of the video and are not able to handle it, I can completely understand that. But I will never feel sorry for someone who killed themselves, especially one who made it such a spectacle.



So you can't feel sorry for some one whos life sucks and they have "weak mental fortitude"? You are a fucking asshole. The amount of posts in this thread saying suicide is for the weak, cowards, or some other ridiculous statement make me want to puke. How fucking dense can you be.

People who are at the point where they will kill themselves either have had the world shit on them or have some serious mental problems that require professional help. This guy had aspergers which makes it difficult for him to socialize with others. Obviously his sydrome affected his life and mental state greatly.

Who gives a shit about people who saw a video of a guy they didn't want to see. I imagine the torment going through this young guys head his entire life was far worse then a glimpse of this video.


He says that people who commit suicide are weak thats his opinion. Who are YOU to say that they aren't? What do you know about suicide to prove otherwise? Everyone is different and acts differently to certain situations. Sure aspergers wouldn't have helped but many people have aspergers syndome they didn't all commit suicide now did they?

To say that someone is dense for not feeling sorry for someone who commited suicide is a load of shit some people are weak that is a fact. Most of us here are probably weak. I will say sure I am weak. I sometimes feel hard done by and that life is unfair yet I really have a better life than most people hell everyone who is on this forum gets to play starcraft, have the internet, has the ability to see this stuff. We have a good life and to just throw it away like that yes sure many people will say that is weak. So you can not say that they are an arsehole or dense for feeling that way when it is common sense for that reaction to occur.

Maybe he was very strong maybe he wasn't we don't know him nor will we ever know him now because of what he has done.

I just personally cant see any logical reason to kill yourself and yes logic doesnt play into a suicidal persons mind whatever It just seems so pointless. But yes I would say he was weak because I personally believe there is always a better way out. Like i said further up he isnt poverty stricken or stuck in a warzone hes in Sweden. A country which has one of the highest standard of living
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 09:23:23
October 13 2010 09:14 GMT
#353
On October 13 2010 18:06 andy186 wrote:

He says that people who commit suicide are weak thats his opinion. Who are YOU to say that they aren't? What do you know about suicide to prove otherwise? Everyone is different and acts differently to certain situations. Sure aspergers wouldn't have helped but many people have aspergers syndome they didn't all commit suicide now did they?



His opinion is ridiculous, ignorant, and wrong. Yours is too. I am very confident that I am right and you are both pricks.

I didn't say he is dense for not feeling sorry for him. I don't give a shit about the guy who killed himself to be honest. I watched the video and It doesn't make me sad. However, I can sympathize with the young man that decided to off himself. I can say that I am not a big enough asshole not to be able to see that he needed help and he was very unhappy in his life. He isn't a coward or weak for taking his life, he was sick and needed help. Have some fucking empathy.

It has nothing to do with the choice of suicide being logical or not. Why have so many people said that stupid shit blows my mind.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Zyzxx
Profile Joined September 2010
104 Posts
October 13 2010 09:21 GMT
#354
Tis why i don't bother with underground sites like that.. TL satisfy's my interweb needs )
simme123
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Sweden810 Posts
October 13 2010 09:27 GMT
#355
I am not trying to be insensitive but first of just in sweden there are about 1200 suicides a year. This one gets a lot of publicity because it was publiced online. However I think it was really mean of lurifaxflux since if he wants to take his life then he's got the right to do that in my opinion it's his life after all eventhough I still think there a lot better options. But by streaming it online he's traumatized a lot of people as well as making the media heavin to report a suicide which they rarely do due to the fact that it might inspire other people by doing so.

People who blame flashback are retarded. Ok they could have done something about it. But first of one of the sites main themes is annonimity and freedoom of speech. Also the reason to why some people said stuff like "Ju do it" and "How long is this gonna take I have to get to work soon" is because on a forum like that there's a lot of trolls who just want the attention and after 10 fake posts and no one who has actually done it before people just think that it's not gonna happen and start to get mad at him because they think he's trolling. However most of the repsonses if you read the post weren't encouraging. They were either peopl who tried to make him change his mind or people just saying good luck in the after life which I don't think that's encouraging. Anyways this is my view on it.

FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
October 13 2010 09:41 GMT
#356
Woah...

Just reading this one just gives me the chills.

It must be horrid to feel so lonely that you have the urge to end your life, it must be a torment far worse than everything I could ever imagine.

/Sad
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
October 13 2010 09:42 GMT
#357
reading this makes me really appreciate that i've never even considered this once
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
October 13 2010 09:54 GMT
#358
O_o

waking up and reading this... makes me want to go back to bed in horror.

That's probably the craziest thing you can possibly witness on a webcam. EVER!
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
October 13 2010 10:39 GMT
#359
On October 13 2010 02:19 intrigue wrote:
i will never understand people who speak so harshly of suicide. those of you who think you are enlightened on the subject because you've been through so-and-so condition and know how miserable it is - do you really think that you survived because you somehow have just that much more mental fortitude and willpower than others? isn't there certainly a silent mass of thousands upon thousands of people out there to which your problems pale in comparison?

you guys should know best of all how hard it is for the average person to grasp what depression and its friends are like. i think giving your fellow human beings the benefit of the doubt and acknowledging that there may be despair beyond your understanding is the only a natural progression of having gone through a mental illness yourself.

what does it even mean when people say suicide requires a "weak mind"? what a fucking ego trip.

well said, intrigue...
and i agree wholeheartedly with this.
pum
Profile Joined March 2004
Sweden306 Posts
October 13 2010 11:05 GMT
#360
dont watch that video. i feel like shit after
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 706
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings188
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26132
Shuttle 11571
FanTaSy 1635
Hyuk 1017
Horang2 584
BeSt 502
Mini 274
Pusan 249
Stork 231
EffOrt 140
[ Show more ]
Killer 138
Last 135
Zeus 121
Mind 88
ggaemo 69
Hyun 56
sorry 48
PianO 45
ToSsGirL 38
Snow 37
Bale 34
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 22
Aegong 21
zelot 18
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe339
Dendi8
Counter-Strike
fl0m2263
byalli847
x6flipin325
Other Games
gofns33559
singsing2867
B2W.Neo769
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King61
Hui .59
Livibee56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 17m
Replay Cast
11h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.