• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:18
CEST 14:18
KST 21:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8938 users

Portable Starcraft for Linux - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Trap
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States395 Posts
October 09 2010 22:53 GMT
#41
Does this version allow you to start BW with the ICCUP Launcher on Linux? I've never been able to get the antihack to run/update with Wine -> no LAN latency -> no playing BW on linux. (I can't try this version now)
coffeetoss | "Team Liquid Fantasy Proleague: Tales of Miserable Failure and Deep Regret" -Kanil
0mgVitaminE
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1278 Posts
October 09 2010 23:23 GMT
#42
First post was so good that the thread was derailed before it even got started
Hi there. I'm in a cave, how bout you?
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
October 09 2010 23:28 GMT
#43
I'm sorry for derailing this topic. For the record, I was also the one who brought it back on track! And apparently there is some utility to this for those people like Grobyc!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
QuoC
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States724 Posts
October 09 2010 23:45 GMT
#44
On October 09 2010 18:12 RazZziel wrote:
I thought some of you guys might enjoy this. It's a portable version of Starcraft for Linux. The files are both an ELF executable AND an ISO image, so you can chmod u+x it and run it, or fuseiso it and mount it. It has a minimal wine installation inside, so you should not need to have anything installed on the machine to run it, besides fuse so the executable can mount itself (which is almost always already installed).

I don't think it'll work on bnet, but may do the trick for quick LAN skirmishes. I have almost not tested them, so things might not work as they should.

ICC version: [url blocked]
monikon version: [url blocked]


RAZIEL? POGI?
Dario "TLO" Wünsch -- Favorite SC2 Player
Dystisis
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway713 Posts
October 09 2010 23:56 GMT
#45
The last time I downloaded something from megaupload, my computer was infected with a horse porn virus, which is like a regular virus, only with horse porn.

Sorry I'm late but, ROFL!!!
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
October 10 2010 00:25 GMT
#46
On October 10 2010 07:53 Trap wrote:
Does this version allow you to start BW with the ICCUP Launcher on Linux? I've never been able to get the antihack to run/update with Wine -> no LAN latency -> no playing BW on linux. (I can't try this version now)


Dunno, I ran the Launcher.exe that came in the package I downloaded with wine, and it updated to the newest version, which also runs. I just tried, and Launcher.exe doesn't run in the package I uploaded (you can test it extracting the package as an ISO file and editing the AppRun script to run Launcher.exe instead of Starcraft.exe), because I deleted some libraries it uses and the game doesn't (wsock32.dll,wininet.dll,winhttp.dll,oleaut32.dll,mpr.dll,wininet.dll,ws2_32.dll,iphlpapi.dll,wsock32.dll). After restoring those dlls, Launcher.exe runs fine, and it even launches the game. I don't know what else to test, I know nothing about ICCUP but if you want it can be packaged again with these changes.

On October 10 2010 08:45 QuoC wrote:
RAZIEL? POGI?


What? No?
This parrot is no more.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
October 10 2010 00:54 GMT
#47
On October 10 2010 03:17 Gummy wrote:
Edit:
So apparently, this is just a CD-rip and thus, this thread should be closed immediately since this is in clear violation of copyright policies, and since TL does not harbor pirates.

First I'd like to say that I have bought a legitimate copy of starcraft.

Then I'd like to hint at this website that the community supports called ICCUP
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
October 10 2010 03:27 GMT
#48
Does anyone know of a Wine version that doesn't crash when entering ICC's bnet server? Right now this seems the only thing preventing this package from working completely fine.
This parrot is no more.
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
October 10 2010 03:34 GMT
#49
Hmm I never had a problem entering the server... The bnet interface is always messed up though.
If you have to ask, you don't know.
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
October 10 2010 05:53 GMT
#50
On October 10 2010 03:17 Gummy wrote:
Dear Sirs and Madams,

It disappoints me that, while I did bring up a legitimate concern, nobody has so much as given the time of day to what could potentially be a wonderful resource to those peoples in the community that uses Linux and can't get BW to work properly for the life of them.

In fact, since my post describing the tragic events that had, at some point, befallen me, none of you have even responded to the content of the OP and have continued to circle-jerk in what you guys seem to have misinterpreted as a naughty joke.

I'm new here, so I can only presume how things run around here based on the handful of threads I've seen and the amazingly well-written commandments, but this community does not seem like one that would either:
1.) Leave an OP offering malicious software open... or
2.) Spend 100% of the responses in a thread rambling off topic.

What is this? Reddit?

Thanks for your time and consideration.




Edit:
So apparently, this is just a CD-rip and thus, this thread should be closed immediately since this is in clear violation of copyright policies, and since TL does not harbor pirates.


We don't harbor people who searches for horse porn either.

Also, iccup has been hosting the multiplayer component of the game on their website for forever, and the last time i checked it's not malicious. Blizzard doesn't give a shit. We don't either. If it makes you feel better i actually own the game.
Fan of the Jangbanger
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
October 10 2010 05:55 GMT
#51
On October 10 2010 07:24 Gummy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2010 07:22 Grobyc wrote:
But I'm too lazy to go through the effort of installing it with wine. It sounds long-ish, and everything on my Linux machine is pretty much wiped when I logout, so I'd have to do it every time. This sounds much faster

Oh cool! I should use this then, since, just as Linux is so much better than Windows, we all know that BW is so much better than SC2.


Games are the only reason why i even stay on windows.
Fan of the Jangbanger
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 10:15:18
October 10 2010 10:13 GMT
#52
On October 10 2010 12:34 JohannesH wrote:
Hmm I never had a problem entering the server... The bnet interface is always messed up though.


Meh, I tried with wine 1.3, 1.2 and 1.0, none of them worked for me. Anyway, here's a second version of the package I uploaded overnight (rural "broadband" sucks), I added the posibility to run the launcher (running "./StarCraft 1.16.1icc-r2 icc"; or just "./StarCraft 1.16.1icc-r2 icc" to run the game as always), added some libraries I missed, fixed read only map and characters directories, tweaked the registry with ICC's additions and graphics configuration (works for me, you mileage may vary, edit ~/.starcraft-icc/user.reg>DirectDrawRenderer if the game runs slow for you), etc. You will probably need to rm -rf ~/.starcraft-icc before running the new package.

[url blocked]

By the way, does anyone know how to properly change the paths where savegames and characters are stored? I have this registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (system.reg)

[Software\\Blizzard Entertainment\\Starcraft\\DelOpt0] 1286671912
"File0"="spc"
"File1"="mpc"
"Path0"="Y:\\.starcraft-icc\\characters"
"Path1"="Y:\\.starcraft-icc\\characters"

but they seem to be ignored.
This parrot is no more.
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
October 10 2010 13:37 GMT
#53
Fixed retarded bug that prevented the game from running twice without removing ~/.starcraft-icc, and added <app> conf option to run winecfg (if anyone wants to use a virtual desktop or whatever).

[url blocked]
This parrot is no more.
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-10 21:55:44
October 10 2010 21:52 GMT
#54
On October 10 2010 22:37 RazZziel wrote:
Fixed retarded bug that prevented the game from running twice without removing ~/.starcraft-icc, and added <app> conf option to run winecfg (if anyone wants to use a virtual desktop or whatever).

[url blocked]


Temporarily unavailable :/

EDIT: Nvm it's back now
Fan of the Jangbanger
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
October 13 2010 12:38 GMT
#55
I just tried it out on my university's computers (all of them run Linux), and it works flawlessly, full speed on 21.5 panoramic inches! Labs are gonna get SO interesting.

Besides, there's a stupid bug I didn't see that prevents the Readme.txt from showing up, but who cares.
This parrot is no more.
Phrujbaz
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Netherlands512 Posts
October 16 2010 13:24 GMT
#56
My mouse is extremely inaccurate in wine. Starcraft on Windows is much smoother, provided that you disable mouse acceleration in the registry. Anyone share this experience?

I don't have any trouble with mission red under Linux so I doubt it's some exotic X configuration.
Caution! Future approaching rapidly at a rate of about 60 seconds per minute.
grigorin
Profile Joined December 2009
Austria275 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-16 23:43:09
October 16 2010 20:41 GMT
#57
i'll test it out, when i find the time... had always some mouselag/framerate issues with SC and Linux, thats the only reason i have XP on my laptop

edit: still unplayable - i think its bc of a bug concerning intel onboard graphicscard
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 06:35:17
October 18 2010 06:34 GMT
#58
On October 17 2010 05:41 grigorin wrote:edit: still unplayable - i think its bc of a bug concerning intel onboard graphicscard


You can try tuning the registry. In ~/.starcraft-icc/user.reg, you have

[Software\\Wine\\Direct3D]
"DirectDrawRenderer"="dri"
"RenderTargetLockMode"="readtex"
"PixelShaderMode"="enabled"
"VertexShaderMode"="hardware"
;; DirectDrawRenderer = dri, opengl, gdi, glsl


Which are the options that I think work better in my computer, but you can play with them, specially with DirectDrawRenderer. I think "opengl" is commonly used, but "dri" worked better for me. No idea about "dri" or "glsl". About the other options, you can try commenting them with ;; before the line and see if something changes.
This parrot is no more.
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-18 07:57:30
October 18 2010 07:56 GMT
#59
On October 10 2010 02:53 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2010 02:48 Archaic wrote:
On October 10 2010 00:59 niteReloaded wrote:
On October 09 2010 23:12 waxypants wrote:
On October 09 2010 21:49 Kms wrote:
On October 09 2010 18:23 Gummy wrote:
The last time I downloaded something from megaupload, my computer was infected with a horse porn virus, which is like a regular virus, only with horse porn.

Damn, a horse porn virus? I'm sorry, but ROFL! What exactly were you trying to download in the first place?


Probably just the horse porn without the virus.

rofl

Ahahaha, wow. This thread took an unexpected turn.

That's what the foal said.


Hahaha!

I think Gummy just de-railed this thread, lol!
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
Anxiety
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States650 Posts
October 18 2010 08:07 GMT
#60
On October 18 2010 16:56 KinosJourney2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2010 02:53 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
On October 10 2010 02:48 Archaic wrote:
On October 10 2010 00:59 niteReloaded wrote:
On October 09 2010 23:12 waxypants wrote:
On October 09 2010 21:49 Kms wrote:
On October 09 2010 18:23 Gummy wrote:
The last time I downloaded something from megaupload, my computer was infected with a horse porn virus, which is like a regular virus, only with horse porn.

Damn, a horse porn virus? I'm sorry, but ROFL! What exactly were you trying to download in the first place?


Probably just the horse porn without the virus.

rofl

Ahahaha, wow. This thread took an unexpected turn.

That's what the foal said.


Hahaha!

I think Gummy just de-railed this thread, lol!


Horse crossing! get off the (race) track.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37069
Shuttle 2566
Bisu 1011
Horang2 948
Jaedong 936
Light 412
BeSt 365
firebathero 333
Mini 287
actioN 280
[ Show more ]
Stork 273
Hyuk 264
Soma 229
EffOrt 207
Zeus 191
ggaemo 175
Soulkey 160
Last 142
Leta 121
ZerO 119
Snow 110
Rush 78
Pusan 76
Killer 66
Mong 43
hero 40
Mind 38
Sharp 35
Aegong 31
Shinee 30
Shine 29
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 21
soO 20
Terrorterran 18
PianO 18
Trap 18
Yoon 16
zelot 13
Free 13
sorry 12
HiyA 10
Noble 9
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3477
qojqva1482
Dendi937
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1342
x6flipin278
markeloff75
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2170
crisheroes872
Other Games
gofns28039
singsing2108
B2W.Neo635
XBOCT355
DeMusliM227
Livibee174
XaKoH 156
Liquid`LucifroN130
Mew2King121
ArmadaUGS95
QueenE88
Mlord43
Chillindude10
ZerO(Twitch)9
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream276
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2283
• TFBlade464
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
OSC
43m
Stellar Fest
43m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 43m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.