• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8916 users

Portable Starcraft for Linux - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Yurebis
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1452 Posts
October 09 2010 18:20 GMT
#21
I'll test this np
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
SmoKe93
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany162 Posts
October 09 2010 18:36 GMT
#22
On October 09 2010 18:23 Gummy wrote:
The last time I downloaded something from megaupload, my computer was infected with a horse porn virus, which is like a regular virus, only with horse porn.


Oh god i love you
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
October 09 2010 18:44 GMT
#23
--- Nuked ---
tarpman
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada723 Posts
October 09 2010 18:54 GMT
#24
On October 10 2010 03:44 krndandaman wrote:
Wait, is this any different from having starcraft on a USB?

It's the same thing, but you put it into a computer running Linux instead of one running Windows, and you don't need to have Wine installed ahead of time.
Saving the world, one kilobyte at a time.
Yurebis
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1452 Posts
October 09 2010 18:57 GMT
#25
I tested the monikon version, ICC is unavailable at megaupload
lol took me a while to realize i didn't have fuseiso, but it works. installed and used acetoneiso to mount (which installed fuseiso w\ it)
theres nothing wrong with the script and if theres any viruses it would be within starcraft or the wine binary but I dont think there is.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
October 09 2010 19:18 GMT
#26
On October 10 2010 03:17 Gummy wrote:So apparently, this is just a CD-rip and thus, this thread should be closed immediately since this is in clear violation of copyright policies, and since TL does not harbor pirates.


I don't think so, I've bought my copy of Starcraft Antology (and Starcraft II), this is just the most convenient way for me to play it. Also, got both from here.

On October 10 2010 03:57 Yurebis wrote:
I tested the monikon version, ICC is unavailable at megaupload


Weird, both seem to work fine here right now.
This parrot is no more.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
October 09 2010 20:31 GMT
#27
On October 10 2010 04:18 RazZziel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2010 03:17 Gummy wrote:So apparently, this is just a CD-rip and thus, this thread should be closed immediately since this is in clear violation of copyright policies, and since TL does not harbor pirates.


I don't think so, I've bought my copy of Starcraft Antology (and Starcraft II), this is just the most convenient way for me to play it. Also, got both from here.

Show nested quote +
On October 10 2010 03:57 Yurebis wrote:
I tested the monikon version, ICC is unavailable at megaupload


Weird, both seem to work fine here right now.

I highly doubt it's the most convenient way to play it in that if you have wine, just popping in the disc and installing gives you exactly the same no-cd functionality.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
xNaquada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada19 Posts
October 09 2010 20:34 GMT
#28
On October 09 2010 18:23 Gummy wrote:
The last time I downloaded something from megaupload, my computer was infected with a horse porn virus, which is like a regular virus, only with horse porn.


This is incredibly hilarious!

//back OT

Is there a linux livecd with SCBW integrated and ready to do kicking around the web anywhere? THAT I would be interested in!
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-09 20:38:21
October 09 2010 20:38 GMT
#29
On October 09 2010 18:23 Gummy wrote:
The last time I downloaded something from megaupload, my computer was infected with a horse porn virus, which is like a regular virus, only with horse porn.

Pretty sure you had orgasms with the horsies on the top which made you dl that
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
October 09 2010 20:38 GMT
#30
On October 10 2010 05:34 xNaquada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2010 18:23 Gummy wrote:
The last time I downloaded something from megaupload, my computer was infected with a horse porn virus, which is like a regular virus, only with horse porn.


This is incredibly hilarious!

//back OT

Is there a linux livecd with SCBW integrated and ready to do kicking around the web anywhere? THAT I would be interested in!

You could always build your own.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
October 09 2010 20:48 GMT
#31
On October 10 2010 05:34 xNaquada wrote:Is there a linux livecd with SCBW integrated and ready to do kicking around the web anywhere? THAT I would be interested in!


I think a LiveUSB would be sexier (who uses CDs nowadays anyway), and you can make one using http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ and one of those images.
This parrot is no more.
xNaquada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada19 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-09 20:53:14
October 09 2010 20:49 GMT
#32

You could always build your own.


Why build what has [possibly] been already built? That's why I ask.

It seems for a LAN center or whatnot a preconfigured SCBW livedistro would be sweet. Incredibly easy to setup and takedown, also webbrosing/viruses/etc would have no chance to affect the media.

edit
@ RAZZ

Does SCBW work natively in Linux [i didnt think it did?] I think the distro would have to be preset with wine working with SC out of boot. That is where I would need to be "creative".

Of course then the LIVEUSB would function more like a portable OS, which is also good for personal use, but not for deployment.

I love unetbootin!
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
October 09 2010 21:19 GMT
#33
On October 09 2010 23:12 waxypants wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2010 21:49 Kms wrote:
On October 09 2010 18:23 Gummy wrote:
The last time I downloaded something from megaupload, my computer was infected with a horse porn virus, which is like a regular virus, only with horse porn.

Damn, a horse porn virus? I'm sorry, but ROFL! What exactly were you trying to download in the first place?


Probably just the horse porn without the virus.


Z-Z-Z-ZINGGG!
Fan of the Jangbanger
zengrz
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada37 Posts
October 09 2010 21:19 GMT
#34
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS REAL!!!

THANKS SO MUJCH!
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
October 09 2010 21:20 GMT
#35
On October 10 2010 05:49 xNaquada wrote:
Show nested quote +

You could always build your own.


Why build what has [possibly] been already built? That's why I ask.

It seems for a LAN center or whatnot a preconfigured SCBW livedistro would be sweet. Incredibly easy to setup and takedown, also webbrosing/viruses/etc would have no chance to affect the media.

edit
@ RAZZ

Does SCBW work natively in Linux [i didnt think it did?] I think the distro would have to be preset with wine working with SC out of boot. That is where I would need to be "creative".

Of course then the LIVEUSB would function more like a portable OS, which is also good for personal use, but not for deployment.

I love unetbootin!

Yes, SCBW does work natively with the latest stable version of wine. So long as the image has wine and SCBW installed, you're good to go.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 09 2010 21:30 GMT
#36
Sick, now I can still play SC in my Linux server management class(and fail!) :D
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
October 09 2010 22:08 GMT
#37
On October 10 2010 06:30 Grobyc wrote:
Sick, now I can still play SC in my Linux server management class(and fail!) :D

But you could always play SC in your Linux server management course(and fail!). This provides you no additional resource that the original BW+wine did not.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 09 2010 22:22 GMT
#38
But I'm too lazy to go through the effort of installing it with wine. It sounds long-ish, and everything on my Linux machine is pretty much wiped when I logout, so I'd have to do it every time. This sounds much faster
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
October 09 2010 22:24 GMT
#39
On October 10 2010 07:22 Grobyc wrote:
But I'm too lazy to go through the effort of installing it with wine. It sounds long-ish, and everything on my Linux machine is pretty much wiped when I logout, so I'd have to do it every time. This sounds much faster

Oh cool! I should use this then, since, just as Linux is so much better than Windows, we all know that BW is so much better than SC2.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
RazZziel
Profile Joined December 2008
Spain15 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-09 22:50:32
October 09 2010 22:50 GMT
#40
[B]On October 10 2010 07:24 Gummy wrote:[/B
]Oh cool! I should use this then, since, just as Linux is so much better than Windows, we all know that BW is so much better than SC2.


Well, in my case, the EEE901 I have to use until I buy a better computer runs much better on Ubuntu than on Windows, and given the shitty HD I'm always out of space, so I end up having all my games and some applications on a SDHC card, and this is where all these packages from portablelinuxapps.org come handy
This parrot is no more.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 215
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2231
Shuttle 1373
Bale 55
Dewaltoss 49
Snow 38
Noble 35
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
JimRising 709
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 564
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King269
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor494
Other Games
summit1g8630
C9.Mang0325
PiGStarcraft324
ArmadaUGS59
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• davetesta18
• Letter146
• Response 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo767
• Stunt137
Other Games
• Scarra732
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 14m
OSC
18h 14m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.