• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:32
CEST 07:32
KST 14:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8307 users

[R] Why did you choose your race? - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Azar
Profile Joined June 2010
Colombia66 Posts
July 01 2010 20:46 GMT
#21
I play zerg but just because of the looks. I love the creatures and the sharp teeth and goo
It's just a ride you have to really enjoy
Deleted User 72834
Profile Joined April 2010
247 Posts
July 01 2010 20:47 GMT
#22
--- Nuked ---
HarryKC
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia58 Posts
July 01 2010 20:51 GMT
#23
Random - I want to learn all races.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
July 01 2010 20:54 GMT
#24
On July 02 2010 05:47 LSGamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 05:43 Grettin wrote:
Gotta quote somehow the master of Starcraft, Bisu.


"Why did you picked Protoss?"


- " It was good and easy"


Wasn't Bisu the cheating one Day9 mentioned? I love that quote, although i'm probably mixing it up


No idea, some oldschool sc1 player should know this.



afaik, this quote was on some interview, maybe made by Artosis while he was visiting SKT.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
IPlaySC
Profile Joined June 2010
United States79 Posts
July 01 2010 20:54 GMT
#25
Protoss macro seemed easiest to me when I started, and fewer units made for easier micro for a new player as well. And I just stuck with that
habermas
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom304 Posts
July 01 2010 20:56 GMT
#26
On July 02 2010 05:31 Incinerate wrote:
Well, i am also pretty new to starcraft generally.

I decided to play Protoss because it's the easiest race in terms of micromanagement :D
I think i'll stay with protoss til i have an general overview of the game and better micro/macro


You've got it quite the opposite. It's the most difficult race in terms of micro and macro mechanics.

I play random in beta just to try them all and then decide upon the release. Probably will be protoss though cause they're awesome, however I find terran to be the "easiest" in terms of viable strategies. It seems like whatever you do, always works.
Chaoz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States507 Posts
July 01 2010 20:57 GMT
#27
Protoss here and I just love being able to warp units in.
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
July 01 2010 20:57 GMT
#28
Random because I just couldn't decide which race I liked best. XD
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
July 01 2010 20:58 GMT
#29
Terran....


Because I'd rather here my units obey me in english than in something else.
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
TailsYouDie
Profile Joined June 2010
United States17 Posts
July 01 2010 20:59 GMT
#30
I play terran because the marines are badass. I enjoy blowing stuff up. I think a lot of you on TL will get a kick out of this. Its a clip from a TV show called the Jace Hall show. It is Hilarious, in these two clips he is actually in two design meetings for SC2. If you want some laughs and a less serious look at SC2 development process then please please check these out. You will enjoy them, laugh, and make the time for the beta go by faster. They discuss balancing and other various issues. I hope everyone enjoys.

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/1062228/jace-hall-show/videos/jacehall_prt_ep3_21210.html?show=hi

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/1062228/jace-hall-show/videos/jacehall_prt_ep4a_21910.html?show=hi
Refresh My Memory
hyped
Profile Joined April 2010
United States135 Posts
July 01 2010 21:01 GMT
#31
When I first started experimenting in BW I just hated having to queue stuff up in unit producing structures as well as having to build rows of pylons and depos so I played zerg and grew to love the play style of out-basing and swarming your opponent.
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 21:03:31
July 01 2010 21:01 GMT
#32
On July 02 2010 05:47 LSGamer wrote:
Wasn't Bisu the cheating one Day9 mentioned? I love that quote, although i'm probably mixing it up


If you're talking about the whole controversy of throwing games, that's Savior.


I play Terran for several reasons:

1. Easiest Macro mechanics when testing for optimal builds. You queue up a Unit, it gets made. With Zerg, you have to worry about Larvae, losing a Drone after making a building, and not missing the Queen's Spawn Larvae ability (though the Queen's ability is essentially the equivalent of calling down Mules). With Protoss, you also have have to test when the best time to use Chrono Boost is, making it take longer if you're testing for an optimal build.

2. I've always been more of a defensive type of guy. It's reassuring knowing that I don't have to worry about run-bys, which are a lot easier to do than busts.
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
Acidlineup
Profile Joined April 2010
123 Posts
July 01 2010 21:02 GMT
#33
Protoss and Terran ( Psy cool looking ultimate warriors with a touch of predator movie and also heavy on lazzzeerzzz pew pew and Transformers in space wiht a touch of Arnold Shvarceneger and marines from Aliens movie)
I just dont like bugs (Zerg).
system failure...
Ventez
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway107 Posts
July 01 2010 21:02 GMT
#34
Random cause I want to learn all the tricks of all the races and cause I suck at choosing.
NATO
Profile Joined April 2010
United States459 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 21:05:28
July 01 2010 21:04 GMT
#35
Used to be protoss (SC1, at start of SC2 beta), because they have less (read: higher food) but more powerful units that were generally larger, which made them easier to manage.

I switched to Terran in SC2 because Blizzard seems to have a obsession with them (until recently they got buffed every patch). I actually hate the manageability of Terrans base (9 different tab groups with MBS?!), as well as the ridiculous level of micro required to be optimal (seems like every unit has a spell). But in the end, even without managing everything perfectly I can come out on top because of their incredible versatility, and lack of nerfing. Furthermore, Terran are probably the most complex race, so there is still a lot of discover-ability to go on - whereas protoss can't really innovate many new strategies anymore. (I did protoss for the first two weeks of the beta, and was abusing sentries in every game at a time when people though PvP was just zealot rushes (back then sentries did terrible terrible damage to zealots, and force fields just pwnt everything).)

I did do zerg for a time, but their units are just less interesting, and (IMHO) Blizzard actually balances them (nerfing and buffing) rather than just buffing.

Yes, I know this sounds like I'm saying Terran are OP, but I'm just being honest about WHY I chose my race. I could very well be wrong about these things.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
July 01 2010 21:07 GMT
#36
I started out as Zerg because I liked their ability to adapt swiftly, Then I started experimenting with the other races and settled down with Protoss, probably because I really enjoyed to combine zealots immortals and the phoenix
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
AeonStrife
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States918 Posts
July 01 2010 21:08 GMT
#37
I have been playing Zerg since Brood War. It felt natural to me to produce a variety of units from a single building and have to only make one tech building to make it happen. It fits my style of gameplay. They can easily obtain map control and keep your opponent contained to an extent. This playstyle helps me exploit my opponent. However, the SC2 Zerg is not as "strong" as their BW counterpart. But the concept of Zerg is still there.
Whats worse...US Poltics or SC2 Balance Talks...
EatCrow
Profile Joined April 2010
Estonia333 Posts
July 01 2010 21:09 GMT
#38
P because of force fields and storms and warp gates and 4gate push and colossi. Oh man i love P. I also like to play zerg because of massive numbers of units and it feels good overall. But i suck with T even though i played T most in BW. I wish i could random between Z and P.
Deleted User 72834
Profile Joined April 2010
247 Posts
July 01 2010 21:11 GMT
#39
--- Nuked ---
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
July 01 2010 21:12 GMT
#40
i played random for the first 100 games or so, then i chose terran and never really looked back. i just feel the most comfortable with them, and also enjoy their style of play more.

quite odd as i was a zerg player in BW for over 6 yrs o_O
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2012
Shuttle 943
Dewaltoss 85
Hm[arnc] 41
Bale 25
Noble 23
ZergMaN 15
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor680
Other Games
summit1g8437
C9.Mang0316
PiGStarcraft306
Mew2King154
RuFF_SC272
ViBE64
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2312
League of Legends
• Rush1085
• Lourlo967
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 29m
OSC
16h 29m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.