• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8885 users

[R] Why did you choose your race? - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 01 2010 21:13 GMT
#41
I preferred Terran in both because even though they aren't incredible technology of the protoss or sheer overwhelming numbers of the zerg they always find some way to get by on the skin of their teeth.

That and the boom of siege tanks firing...so satisfying.
OverSight
Profile Joined June 2010
United States104 Posts
July 01 2010 21:17 GMT
#42
Zerg because I was ten and I thought they were soo cool.
Mostly because of the over minds intro speech. Awaken my child! I also loved bugs when I was little
I have learned and I will thusly crush people. -Day[9]
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
July 01 2010 21:17 GMT
#43
I've always gravitated to the "human" race in almost any game. Usually game designers make them average in all categories. This plays to my jack of all trades style, and usually appeals to me.

If I had to change for SC2, which I've considered, I'd go Protoss. For some reason, Protoss style just "clicks" for me. Maybe it's just an easy race, but I just understand the game flow as Protoss. I'm holding out because I'm stubborn and my favorite training partner (my cousin) is Protoss.

Maybe I'll switch, but I enjoy the versatility for now of Terran.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Xanatoss
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany539 Posts
July 01 2010 21:21 GMT
#44
New to SC at all and Protoss since last Ladder-Reset.

One Reason are the
Units..
there...
NOW!

Mechanics of Warpgates buffering my not-the-best-Macro at the beginning of my history at this game.

The other is that I am _obsessed_ about Bisu's Forge-FE into Corsair Build in PvZ, described in Day[9]'s Podcasts and want to force it to work in SC2 in any way as well.
The chair slowly turns around. You see his face, but it can't be. He's not supposed to be here. Not him. Not a Protoss. Not THAT Protoss. MC says, "Hi Greg, long time no see." You back slowly out of the booth. But you can't. It's already forcefielded.
tfmdjeff
Profile Joined June 2010
United States170 Posts
July 01 2010 21:23 GMT
#45
I play zerg because I just love every aspect of it. The ability to expand so rapidly, the inexpensive units, the ability to tech switch in a moment's notice, the havoc you can cause with burrow, (it's like energyless cloak for every unit), infestors, the way the creep looks, and I just felt the most comfortable with its macro mechanics (I'm much better at managing larva injections than I am at managing unit production facilities). The only thing I don't like about it is that the only unit that can deal with terran mech, the brood lord, is tier 20000000000 or something similar to that.

I tried Terran out, and I liked it a bit. I just felt really restricted by it. I love to expand, which certainly is not a very terran trait. I fucking LOVE ravens and ghosts, though. I play random whenever I play 2v2, and whenever I get terran, I mass the shit out of ravens and ghosts, even if that is the most terrible, gas guzzling unit composition terran could possibly have.

And I hate protoss. I wasn't going to play it as my main race, I didn't want to be associated with the pathological cheesers that play it. Whenever I get it in 2v2 I play macro oriented and just mass up stalkers with blink. It always works because nobody ever expects a protoss player to play a straight up macro game. Blink stalkers are hella fun to micro, too.

So yeah, that's basically my thoughts on all the races and why I do/do not enjoy them.
Toads
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1795 Posts
July 01 2010 21:25 GMT
#46
There is so many thread already made about this subject, you should try to use the serch function just in the left bar
(。◕ ω ◕。) Beer Time !!!! (。◕ ω ◕。)
DanielD
Profile Joined May 2010
United States192 Posts
July 01 2010 21:26 GMT
#47
On July 02 2010 06:23 tfmdjeff wrote:

And I hate protoss. I wasn't going to play it as my main race, I didn't want to be associated with the pathological cheesers that play it. Whenever I get it in 2v2 I play macro oriented and just mass up stalkers with blink. It always works because nobody ever expects a protoss player to play a straight up macro game. Blink stalkers are hella fun to micro, too.

.


That's racist.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe
Duban
Profile Joined July 2009
United States548 Posts
July 01 2010 21:27 GMT
#48
I picked protoss when I first started. I thought pylon warp, stalker blink, and collossi would be extremely flexible but it wasn't remotely. They were good tricks but protoss in general didn't have the flexibillity and mobillity I was looking for. I Did my first placement matches as toss and placed in the silver leauge "pre diamond league".

So after some frustration I tried zerg and loved it. Zerg's macro and micro offer amazing flexibillity. With both it's military and economic units produced from the same building you can focus on either one exclusively. It can go all in offensively like no other race and build a strong army very early, it can focus entirely on macro and build up an economic advantage extremely quickly. It has a wide range of units that are fast, mobile, and yet effective in ways terran and toss can only dream of. Went from silver to platinum overnight with Zerg and I love it :-).
An ignorant person makes a mistake. A stupid person makes it again.
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
July 01 2010 21:30 GMT
#49
I can't stand playing T or P because of low mobility. I love the amount of information and map control you can have as zerg.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
July 01 2010 21:31 GMT
#50
In sc2 it's Zerg, because I really like the feel of the race. T and P just rubbed me the wrong way. From opening BOs to late game strategies, from basic units to late game units, both T and P just felt plain old wrong.
I guess maybe I feel they changed too much or too little from BW.

I really enjoy playing Zerg, the units are fast, agile and good attackers. They compliment my aggressive play style. Overlords give you good scouting information, and the creep speed boost is good too. Also, having only 1 unit producing structure is very comforting, even though Z's macro mechanic is by far the most unforgivable out of the 3 races.

But since the roach nerf, and the subsequent change of ZvZ dynamics from roach wars to ling/bling wars my conviction to this race has been wavering. I just hate with all my heart the ling/bling spam that ZvZ has degenerated into. A complete snoozefest to watch AND play at the same time. Lately I've been experimenting with Protoss, but I think I'll stay Z since I just don't feel at home with P ;/.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Frozenzen
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden97 Posts
July 01 2010 21:40 GMT
#51
Protoss, since back in starcraft 1 I simply thought aliens with laser weapons was awesome. I was young, I swear!

In SC2 the warpin mechanic made me fall in love with them all over again, and seeing as how my favorite BW unit (the carrier) is still there it's all fine.
vindKtiv
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States215 Posts
July 01 2010 21:44 GMT
#52
I've always been a Terran guy. For whatever reason, I always opt to play the "good guys"/race most comparable to ours (for example: GDI in CnC, Humans in WC3, etc). I ended up switching to Protoss in SC1 because Protoss was in my opinion easier to play than Terran. For SC2, I felt that it was a great time to start fresh and pick Terran.
Leeoku
Profile Joined May 2010
1617 Posts
July 01 2010 21:45 GMT
#53
zerg cause it is easiest to macro with
Mesha
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Bosnia-Herzegovina439 Posts
July 01 2010 21:48 GMT
#54
My race choose me.
Reality hits you hard bro.
tfmdjeff
Profile Joined June 2010
United States170 Posts
July 01 2010 21:50 GMT
#55
On July 02 2010 06:26 DanielD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 06:23 tfmdjeff wrote:

And I hate protoss. I wasn't going to play it as my main race, I didn't want to be associated with the pathological cheesers that play it. Whenever I get it in 2v2 I play macro oriented and just mass up stalkers with blink. It always works because nobody ever expects a protoss player to play a straight up macro game. Blink stalkers are hella fun to micro, too.

.


That's racist.


Is something racist if it's completely true? I'd think it'd just be a statement of fact.
Yuka
Profile Joined June 2010
United States133 Posts
July 01 2010 21:51 GMT
#56
I chose random to start because I felt it was the best way to get a very general and 'big picture' feel of all the races at once. Although each race certainly has their quirks and playstyles, locking on to the commonalities and fundamentals of SC2 all at once was, IMHO, the best way to learn the game.

I approached WC3 and SC/BW the same way.
Race? No, I'm equally bad with all of them.
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
July 01 2010 21:54 GMT
#57
Stim. I guess that says everything.
TheNomad
Profile Joined April 2010
United States134 Posts
July 01 2010 21:55 GMT
#58
Terran, I love their buildings (oddly enough). I love making steady long pushes with mech + scvs building turrets/supply depots/bunkers/sensor towers with a huge army of siege tanks/hellions/thor +raven and just working my way across the map into a contain or win. That is most fun to me just surviving/harassing and turtling on 2 bases to prep for timing pushes makes me happy! <3 Terran, I used to play zerg in sc1 and started with zerg in sc2 but I felt like it just isn't right for me, I always feel so....vulnerable as zerg I cannot stand it, even though it is just a mental thing!
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
July 01 2010 21:55 GMT
#59
I for some reason loved protoss when I was 10 and couldn't actually play the game. Love still continues for mainly lore reasons. I mean cmon... Fenix and Tassadar. You can't go wrong.


Also in SC2 its the race I am both most familiar with the hotkeys and I think it's macro mechanics are extremely newb friendly. Warpgates force you to have good non-cueing macro.


Also... REAVA REAVA REEEAVAAAAAA! ( I miss you buddy)
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
July 01 2010 21:56 GMT
#60
On July 02 2010 05:56 habermas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 05:31 Incinerate wrote:
Well, i am also pretty new to starcraft generally.

I decided to play Protoss because it's the easiest race in terms of micromanagement :D
I think i'll stay with protoss til i have an general overview of the game and better micro/macro


You've got it quite the opposite. It's the most difficult race in terms of micro and macro mechanics.

I play random in beta just to try them all and then decide upon the release. Probably will be protoss though cause they're awesome, however I find terran to be the "easiest" in terms of viable strategies. It seems like whatever you do, always works.


macro wise protoss is the easiest, They arnt that hard to micro either but none of the races are rly hard in that department. Terran and Zerg are about = in difficulty.

This reminds me of all tho protoss r ezy jokes back in bw
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 633
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16992
Rush 123
Dewaltoss 112
Sexy 29
Bale 11
Dota 2
qojqva1967
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
fl0m1390
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1847
crisheroes1226
Liquid`Hasu906
Other Games
summit1g4435
Grubby3677
FrodaN722
Beastyqt650
shahzam441
byalli244
ArmadaUGS184
C9.Mang0171
KnowMe164
UpATreeSC103
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 32
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie893
• WagamamaTV274
• Shiphtur242
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 19m
Stellar Fest
17h 19m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.