• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:50
CEST 18:50
KST 01:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10863 users

Why I dont care about the beta anymore. - Page 6

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Spidermonkey
Profile Joined April 2010
United States251 Posts
May 19 2010 14:56 GMT
#101
On May 19 2010 23:49 Armathai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 23:45 MorroW wrote:
agree 100% with OP. in sc1 i went online to play and to chat with friends and new ppl, actually more than i wanted to play. in sc2 i only go online to play
no channels is retarded along with crashing at any button i click in bnet 2.0

Definitely agreed, I spent way more hours chatcrafting and watching reps with people in sc1.
SC2 beta has just been getting to know the game, then deciding to forget about it until the rest of the functionality is available and my friends can play.


Agreed. I can understand why Blizzard wouldn't want channels in for a portion of Beta. Funnel us to game testing, that's fine. However beta is nearly done and we are going to see a sort of open beta/demo right before launch. If Blizzard was planning on implementing chat for that, great, it all makes perfect sense... but they aren't. Blizzard said chat channels are an AFTER launch feature.

At this point, given how crappy the ladder system is and the lack of socail options, I miss the old b.net.
~ Richard Trahan
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
May 19 2010 15:01 GMT
#102
I never would have met Dr Ling if I hadn't stalked Plexa into their secret chat channel.
Savio
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1850 Posts
May 19 2010 15:07 GMT
#103
The system in the original Starcraft was horrible and encouraged spam fests. Chat channels as they were, were major fail.

I think some form of private chat channels would be good, as long as the creator can boot people. But most chat channels are fail. I don't miss them 1 bit.
The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. – Winston Churchill
Papillon
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany131 Posts
May 19 2010 15:09 GMT
#104
i hope they get over it and implement normal chatrooms even if i never would use them
its like playing iccup atm, but thinking of the older times when bw was new first thing i did after login was joining brood war deu-1, oftentimes just chilling there and talking
i agree it feels kind of cold atm
deepfield1
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States373 Posts
May 19 2010 15:12 GMT
#105
Do we really need a new thread for this kind of post?

It's getting a bit repetitive.
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
May 19 2010 15:14 GMT
#106
I agree with you, but I don't think the game completely falls apart without chat channels like you seem to suggest.

I've used the practice partner thread here and have a friends list full of mannered, active gamers around my skill level to practice with. So it's still fairly social every time I log onto b.net for some SC2.
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Enragemana
Profile Joined April 2010
United States46 Posts
May 19 2010 15:51 GMT
#107
Okay, guys, Blizzard already has addressed this. So stop whining and read this post :

They said that they can add in Chat Rooms any time they want, they already have the code, but they want a better system, so instead of adding it in BETA, there seeing if there is a better system. They still want the same community feel, why would they not? Think for a second. The interegating WoW and lolfacebook, so it creates a community. And you think they don't want to? When the games out they will know if they have a better system or not, if they don't, well here are the chat rooms. At school, so can't find source, but what they have done so far is they want to create a community. Why do you think they forums? Why do you think they allow a bunch of fan sites.
Random for giggles
Holden Caulfield
Profile Joined March 2010
102 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 16:08:20
May 19 2010 16:07 GMT
#108
On May 20 2010 00:07 Savio wrote:
The system in the original Starcraft was horrible and encouraged spam fests. Chat channels as they were, were major fail.

I think some form of private chat channels would be good, as long as the creator can boot people. But most chat channels are fail. I don't miss them 1 bit.



Spam is easily solved and nobody is obligated to join a chat channel if they don't want to.
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
May 19 2010 16:08 GMT
#109
On May 20 2010 00:51 Enragemana wrote:
Okay, guys, Blizzard already has addressed this. So stop whining and read this post :

They said that they can add in Chat Rooms any time they want, they already have the code, but they want a better system, so instead of adding it in BETA, there seeing if there is a better system. They still want the same community feel, why would they not? Think for a second. The interegating WoW and lolfacebook, so it creates a community. And you think they don't want to? When the games out they will know if they have a better system or not, if they don't, well here are the chat rooms. At school, so can't find source, but what they have done so far is they want to create a community. Why do you think they forums? Why do you think they allow a bunch of fan sites.


So let me get this straight.
They have the code. They don't implement the code. They have something way better!!! Just not...yet. They cant have both because that would implode the universe. So we get. Nothing.

I have no WoW friends, i only befriend chicks on facebook and as for the "community" argument. We are the community, we've been here for more than 10 years. Why take away (or not implement) such vibrant tools like chatrooms and online replays?
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
May 19 2010 16:21 GMT
#110
On May 20 2010 01:08 Jayson X wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2010 00:51 Enragemana wrote:
Okay, guys, Blizzard already has addressed this. So stop whining and read this post :

They said that they can add in Chat Rooms any time they want, they already have the code, but they want a better system, so instead of adding it in BETA, there seeing if there is a better system. They still want the same community feel, why would they not? Think for a second. The interegating WoW and lolfacebook, so it creates a community. And you think they don't want to? When the games out they will know if they have a better system or not, if they don't, well here are the chat rooms. At school, so can't find source, but what they have done so far is they want to create a community. Why do you think they forums? Why do you think they allow a bunch of fan sites.


So let me get this straight.
They have the code. They don't implement the code. They have something way better!!! Just not...yet. They cant have both because that would implode the universe. So we get. Nothing.

I have no WoW friends, i only befriend chicks on facebook and as for the "community" argument. We are the community, we've been here for more than 10 years. Why take away (or not implement) such vibrant tools like chatrooms and online replays?

If they have a mediocre system that they know they can do better/will do better but just haven't had enough time to hash out yet (yes it's close to release, w/e) and they release that mediocre chat system, all they're going to get is a bunch of feedback (read: bitching) on a chat system they know they don't want to keep. Pretty pointless on their part because a lot of feedback is going to waste. Useless for them, very frustrating for us.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
May 19 2010 16:26 GMT
#111
Could I perhaps entice OP to look into social networking sites such as facebook.com or myspace.com ?? If you're so interested in meeting mass amounts of people, perhaps check those out. Or maybe if you want to meet people AND game with them...Just use steam more, and go find a different game to play?
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
May 19 2010 16:29 GMT
#112
Like with the language filter? Or because there's the xbox live dude working on the battle.net and he probably thinks achievements are more important than chatrooms, online replays,useful statistics, or just an interface that doesnt look like it's been designed for TV's?
DrivE
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States2554 Posts
May 19 2010 16:32 GMT
#113
Although I agree with the fact that its ridiculous to have no chat rooms, I really like the 2v2 idea where you can 2v2 with your friend. Hopefully they will add chat rooms really soon after the release, I don't know why they wouldnt.
LUCK IS NO EXCUSE
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
May 19 2010 16:35 GMT
#114
On May 20 2010 01:26 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Could I perhaps entice OP to look into social networking sites such as facebook.com or myspace.com ?? If you're so interested in meeting mass amounts of people, perhaps check those out. Or maybe if you want to meet people AND game with them...Just use steam more, and go find a different game to play?


Not that I'm a good representative sample of all SC players, but I'm more likely to want to talk about playing SC2 on an SC2 chat room than on my facebook wall or various facebook groups.

SC2 and real life rarely mix, and they don't typically mix well.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
May 19 2010 16:40 GMT
#115
On May 20 2010 01:35 Amber[LighT] wrote:

Not that I'm a good representative sample of all SC players, but I'm more likely to want to talk about playing SC2 on an SC2 chat room than on my facebook wall or various facebook groups.

SC2 and real life rarely mix, and they don't typically mix well.


For people that chatting is absolutely essential to their game experience, as a temporary fix, alt tab and open the TL IRC to chat or view one of the various popular live stream / ustreams that have many people chatting. This is the means I will use until chat channels are available.

Honestly, you're more likely to get more mature, intelligent conversation out of those means than you would in a typical b.net chat channel anyways.
italiangymnast
Profile Joined December 2009
United States246 Posts
May 19 2010 16:41 GMT
#116
chat rooms in SC2 would be cool, i agree, but thats what we have TL.net for yo!
SCII ID: Sanctuary LoL ID: erzin
ikarigendo
Profile Joined December 2009
United States99 Posts
May 19 2010 16:50 GMT
#117
On May 19 2010 18:45 TabyLing wrote:
I started playing broodwar in 2005, I found battle.net to be this strange and great place with so much option for communication and meeting people, it made it so fun, it wasn't just the game at all there was a huge social element that kept me going back years after i stopped playing seriously.

I have met so many people on battle.net from all over the world, made some really good friends and even met my partner on there. I went from friend group to friend group because it was so easy to make new friends and just relax and chat.

Now battle.net 2 is this cold and empty place, even though i have friends in the beta i barely have any interest playing it, there is nothing to make me want to go online, nowhere to idle and just chat about w/e or meet new people. I don't want some random channels saying your are meant to talk about a particular thing or weird stuff like that, the system in the original battle.net was perfect I don't understand why blizzard would change it, or completely subtract it, I have always thought during the whole time, blizzard is a great company, they aren't blind, they know what made the game successful, they wouldn't remove such an integral part... would they?

The social aspect has been removed so completely, even watching replays online with friends is gone. The hours me and my friends would spend playing, then watching reps, or more experienced players explaining things with reps, or just when everyone wants to eat or take a break from playing... This is no longer there, to be completely honest because of not being able to watch replays online i never really got into warcraft 3 and left it even though i had friends there. It just removed such an important social aspect for me.

It really does concern me, the so far complete lack of channels and social atmosphere, since it makes me uninterested in the beta, should I really spend so much on the game? I don't see myself playing it for long or enjoying the cold and lifeless multiplayer.

Some of the changes are pretty neat, it's easier to have a private conversation i guess, but the whole msn style of things for all conversations doesn't work at all.
I want a place to go to chat with the people I am playing with, A place with new interesting people that might join in the fun... I want to play starcraft and I want the socialness which was such an integral part of my continued interest and enjoyment while i played it.


I agree... you should post this on the Blizzard beta forum if you haven't already. I don't think they will have chat rooms by launch, but if enough people complain they make include this "feature" in one of the expansions.
Beatus
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada101 Posts
May 19 2010 16:57 GMT
#118
It's only a beta so please stop saying you can't talk with your friends...

the only thing I agree with you is the fact that you won't be able to watch replay with friends. I'm pretty sure they said something about adding this feature in a patch later on but I would have been really happy to be able to do that right at the start.
?
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 17:06:45
May 19 2010 16:57 GMT
#119
On May 20 2010 00:51 Enragemana wrote:
Okay, guys, Blizzard already has addressed this. So stop whining and read this post :

They said that they can add in Chat Rooms any time they want, they already have the code, but they want a better system, so instead of adding it in BETA, there seeing if there is a better system. They still want the same community feel, why would they not? Think for a second. The interegating WoW and lolfacebook, so it creates a community. And you think they don't want to? When the games out they will know if they have a better system or not, if they don't, well here are the chat rooms. At school, so can't find source, but what they have done so far is they want to create a community. Why do you think they forums? Why do you think they allow a bunch of fan sites.


Are you serious? Why do they have forums? They have forums because just about every major game developed has forums both pre and post-release. It's difficult to generate and maintain hype about a game without giving a venue for fanboys to crusade against anyone who criticize something about it. Also, do you think TL.net went to Blizzard to get permission to make a site about Starcraft? Of course not. Fan sites are free advertising for the company. There's no reason any sensible company would put a lockdown on those. Besides, it would be difficult to shut down fan sites anyway (if for some strange reason, they wanted to) because there's this thing called "freedom of speech" on the internet.

For everyone constantly reminding us that this is a BETA, let's all remind ourselves that we're at a point in this beta where we're like 2 months away from the game's retail release. If there's a feature as simple as chatrooms that isn't yet implemented, it's generally pretty safe to assume that we're probably not going to see it at release. All that talk about how they want people to play the game rather than idle in a chatroom is complete BS to me simply because people idle in chatrooms when they don't want to play. In that case, instead of idling, they'll just turn the game off and go do something else anyway. It's not like you force people to play more by not implementing chat channels. The "it's just beta" argument also immediately fails just on the fact that it's already been stated numerous times that chatrooms are NOT going to be in the initial retail release of the game. The fact that they already supposedly have the code to implement chatrooms (which I don't doubt because it's not complicated to write up) and can implement them whenever they want, but are for some reason unwilling to implement them at release is a completely legitimate cause for concern because it obviously means that they don't actually have an intention of implementing it at all. If they did, why wouldn't they just do it?

Talking about how they want a community feel doesn't work when their initial plan at release is to not have open social interaction within the game. A game should not have to rely on fansites like TL.net or other programs such as Skype or Ventrilo for players to adequately communicate with eachother within the community so any such suggestions really have nothing to do with the issue at hand... Would Blizzard have released World of Warcraft without a general chat channel despite the fact that players could communicate through these other methods? Of course not, because that would be stupid. Why would it be considered any less stupid here?

I am well aware of Browder talking about having "something better" in mind or some BS like that, but I would immediately write that off as a load of bullshit simply because creating a venue for social interaction is not complicated. All this Facebook integration or whatever is just nonsense because while it's how we interact with our real-life friends, it has absolutely no relationship in most instances with the way we interact with our gaming friends. I've never had a gaming friend on my Facebook and I never will because my gaming life and my real life are two completely separate things and I've no desire to combine them. Chatrooms were an integral part of the Battle.net experience and frankly, they got it right the first time around. Whatever complaints of SPAM could easily be addressed by squelching spammers and having private, moderated channels so I don't see what part of the experience actually needs to be improved... This is all a massive miss on Blizzard's part. They're so far off the mark, but every interview Browder gives makes me feel that they might just be so arrogant that they don't realize how far off they actually are. Why bother asking the community for input if you're not going to listen to it?

Maybe I would actually be more convinced if Browder had given some details into what this supposedly "better system" actually is, but without any such details I will simply continue to assume that he's got a mouth full of shit that he's spewing to make it seem like he's actually in touch with how people feel. Of course I know I'll immediately be pounced on by a bunch of rabid Blizzard fanboys, but I'm just calling it the way I see it. You may be the type to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not. Suffice to say, there's no way I'm buying this game at launch... I am simply not the type that finds "fun" in sitting there laddering all day against random strangers I don't know and will never talk to again. Community is a big part of the game for me and seeing as how I don't have any friends on real life that play Starcraft or plan to play Starcraft 2, having no open community interaction within the game would not jive with me at all. I'll definitely wait to see what Blizzard does with this game before shelling out my money for it.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 19 2010 16:57 GMT
#120
Yeah I agree with this too and I agree with posting it on the bnet forums, even if it's been posted there before. Dunno why blizz has to be so retarded about this but if they don't have a chat system it is going to hurt long-term game sales.
.
If I do not get into the first release of sc2 because blizz doesn't give me chat channels, I will not be buying the expansions.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 433
UpATreeSC 89
Codebar 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37053
Calm 3805
Bisu 1640
Shuttle 1248
FanTaSy 998
Mini 396
EffOrt 324
actioN 274
Rush 208
firebathero 196
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 185
Dewaltoss 100
Barracks 73
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 43
Sharp 30
Hyun 29
Free 27
soO 26
Pusan 24
Bale 24
Aegong 20
HiyA 20
PianO 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6901
Dendi1118
XaKoH 353
League of Legends
KnowMe51
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1130
x6flipin670
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes666
Other Games
singsing2372
FrodaN1142
Beastyqt577
mouzStarbuck318
B2W.Neo224
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0120
RotterdaM106
Trikslyr68
Mew2King54
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV497
Other Games
• Shiphtur950
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 25m
Replay Cast
6h 10m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.