• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:44
CEST 23:44
KST 06:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8241 users

Teamliquid.net Fight Club - Page 7

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
140 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
December 31 2016 16:51 GMT
#121
On January 01 2017 01:11 Freakling wrote:
Armories at nat are standard in TvP.
I was assuming that you build some depots at other bases (in fact you should do that for defensive wallins and optimizing worker pathing) and/or together with forward turrets to simcity defend on the mid ground. Other bases actually have quite a bit of building space, so you do not need to squeeze everything in your main.
There is still wiggling room for wider gaps, Unless you want to place four factories side by side, half of them with machine shops and with a two tile gap in between each one of them, which I think you cannot do on any map (this would require space equivalent to one quarter across the map. No main has ever been that big, and a map like that would have a very small middle section because half the space would be taken up by just the mains...).

Also, you do not really need more than nine factories on three bases, I think...

Can you post a screenshot of your building setup or something like that?

[image loading]
Here you have it. I don't think there is too much improvement possible. Basically up to 11 Facs possble with terrible pathing to defend recalls on depots (with a clean base layout). And if you go for relative fast 4 bases, 11 Facs is totally reasonable. So it is possible, but for me good means something else.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
December 31 2016 17:02 GMT
#122
Which bases would be your 3rd and 4th?
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
December 31 2016 18:07 GMT
#123
3rd is the closest mineral only, 4th dunno really, probably the close high ground base, as it is wallable and you always have to defend the huge choke between 3rd and 4th anyways for your 3rd.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-31 18:36:11
December 31 2016 18:28 GMT
#124
So you probably want to build some nice simcity of turrets and depots on the medium ground around your main to shield your tanks against Zealots rushing the high ground (against goons you already have some hefty high ground advantage. and your 4th/3rd gas (the high ground base) shields most of the backside of your main against Arbiter fly-bys (very similarly to FS, actually). There is also no reason not to wall the small backdoor ramp shut, which you probably need three depots for. You also want one depot (or turret) right below your mineral only CC to optimize mining rates.

So you probably only have half of your depots in your main, which frees a lot of space (you will definitely not need the group of depots below your mineral line, which really gets in the way of an efficient macro area), and you have a nice defensive parameter around it, which makes it hard for an opponent to attack your main directly. You also have the high ground base, which offers some additional building space in case you need it.

And with just four machine shops (which is probably the standard amount, rather than my "spam as many shops as fit in"-version, you also get some nice wide corridors between factories, as you want it.

(and in case building space remains an issue nonetheless, I could also add some more building space at the right side, bottom left corner and top left corner of that main. But since that would require me to retest the entire map for mining bugs, it is nothing I will try out today...)
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
December 31 2016 18:56 GMT
#125
Being able to build more than one turret between the 3rd and 4th or depots as part of a wall between nat and 3rd would certainly be nice, but I dunno if that goes against your intentions for the map. Personally, I would prefer to be able to fit everything into my main, if I have occupied all reasonable expansions in my corner. That's what a main should be for in my opinion.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
December 31 2016 19:02 GMT
#126
I would say just test the map out and see how it feels in game in a TvP
www.broodwarmaps.net
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-31 19:33:55
December 31 2016 19:32 GMT
#127
On January 01 2017 03:56 Cryoc wrote:
Being able to build more than one turret between the 3rd and 4th...

I think there are buildable spots to fit at least two... But granted, I can add more buildable ground in that area.

...or depots as part of a wall between nat and 3rd would certainly be nice,

You definitely can. Lots of them.

but I dunno if that goes against your intentions for the map.

Why would you as a player care about my intentions (my intentions are basically summed up like this: make a three player map that makes full use of all three terrain levels. Specifics like the ones we are discussing here are just flexible parameters that have nothing to do with the core concept). Of course I have certain balance considerations and expectations of how players will (want to) act to secure expansions and such, and Terran players wanting to build a nice turret/depot ring to secure the mid ground area, mineral only and high ground base is definitely one of the things I foresaw, so that is why I added enough building space to do that (on the other hand I did not want players to actually wall the ramp or Zerg to go absolutely crazy with sunken defence, so there is only a narrow buildable strip there).

Personally, I would prefer to be able to fit everything into my main, if I have occupied all reasonable expansions in my corner. That's what a main should be for in my opinion.

And inefficient use of space due to bulky buildings, coupled with relatively slow expansion progression, are part of how the terran race works. This is not really a map specific problem, few maps do actually allow you to comfortably build everything in your main. The 10 o'clock main has exactly the width needed to comfortably fit in an array of about 12 factories/gates (with a reasonable amount of shops/pylons) that fits into one f-hotkeyed screen.

Anyway, I'll put this down as a provisional to-do list:
- add a bit more buildable area between mineral only and high ground exopansion.
- extend the buildable space of the 10 o'clock main where possible.

Probably not many people online this evening, but maybe there will be some more opinions.
BulgarianToss
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria495 Posts
January 02 2017 12:47 GMT
#128
Finally motivation for me to try hitting A- :D, good news and thanks to BisuDagger!
music is the best thing in the world
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
January 02 2017 14:50 GMT
#129
I made a few changes to Reap the Storm to address Cryoc's concerns. You can download a WIP version for playtesting here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6cq4ntknr4umuv/(3)Reap the Storm 1.03pre2.scx?dl=0

This is not a stable version/final release yet. There are a few mining bugs and I may do further changes. I'll give players a week to send me or post any complaints or suggestions they may have and will upload a final version at the beginning of next week.
Bonyth
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland619 Posts
January 05 2017 02:30 GMT
#130
On December 31 2016 10:31 BisuDagger wrote:
Who qualifies:
The selection of via a random drawing. After selecting a name, I will be verifying the following criteria: That you are A- and above ranked based on ICCUP standing. If you only play on Fish, but believe you are rated high enough to be A-rated please register. If your name is selected, my committee will research your credentials and make a determination on whether it is equivalent or above an A-rating. I will not share the details of this process, but I assure you it will be fair.


hey BisuDagger these words are nothing but lies. I'm writing this regarding Sugo[PaiN] aka U-Sugo[aLive] who is my teammate at Fish server. I've heard you denied his participation even though he sent u a sceenshoot proving he reached D rank on Fish. D rank D rank D rank D rank D rank D rank !!

Let me tell you this. Trutacz can hardly go beyond D, Dewalt is D, Lancer is E/D, eon is D and you dare deny him? Under what reasoning? Oh wait, I've heard u THINK he obrained it through some weird methods.

So much for this 'fair committee' of yours.

I expected more of you.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-05 02:48:47
January 05 2017 02:47 GMT
#131
On January 05 2017 11:30 Bonyth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2016 10:31 BisuDagger wrote:
Who qualifies:
The selection of via a random drawing. After selecting a name, I will be verifying the following criteria: That you are A- and above ranked based on ICCUP standing. If you only play on Fish, but believe you are rated high enough to be A-rated please register. If your name is selected, my committee will research your credentials and make a determination on whether it is equivalent or above an A-rating. I will not share the details of this process, but I assure you it will be fair.


hey BisuDagger these words are nothing but lies. I'm writing this regarding Sugo[PaiN] aka U-Sugo[aLive] who is my teammate at Fish server. I've heard you denied his participation even though he sent u a sceenshoot proving he reached D rank on Fish. D rank D rank D rank D rank D rank D rank !!

Let me tell you this. Trutacz can hardly go beyond D, Dewalt is D, Lancer is E/D, eon is D and you dare deny him? Under what reasoning? Oh wait, I've heard u THINK he obrained it through some weird methods.

So much for this 'fair committee' of yours.

I expected more of you.

How can someone be denied if sign ups haven't occured yet...

edit: whoever spoke to you has lied and made stuff up. I'd be concerned with who is saying this stuff.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Bonyth
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland619 Posts
January 05 2017 03:20 GMT
#132
i'll right, i apologize
SuGo
Profile Joined March 2013
United States681 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-05 04:04:46
January 05 2017 03:23 GMT
#133
On January 05 2017 11:47 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2017 11:30 Bonyth wrote:
On December 31 2016 10:31 BisuDagger wrote:
Who qualifies:
The selection of via a random drawing. After selecting a name, I will be verifying the following criteria: That you are A- and above ranked based on ICCUP standing. If you only play on Fish, but believe you are rated high enough to be A-rated please register. If your name is selected, my committee will research your credentials and make a determination on whether it is equivalent or above an A-rating. I will not share the details of this process, but I assure you it will be fair.


hey BisuDagger these words are nothing but lies. I'm writing this regarding Sugo[PaiN] aka U-Sugo[aLive] who is my teammate at Fish server. I've heard you denied his participation even though he sent u a sceenshoot proving he reached D rank on Fish. D rank D rank D rank D rank D rank D rank !!

Let me tell you this. Trutacz can hardly go beyond D, Dewalt is D, Lancer is E/D, eon is D and you dare deny him? Under what reasoning? Oh wait, I've heard u THINK he obrained it through some weird methods.

So much for this 'fair committee' of yours.

I expected more of you.

How can someone be denied if sign ups haven't occured yet...

edit: whoever spoke to you has lied and made stuff up. I'd be concerned with who is saying this stuff.


I guess I was being trolled horribly and I'm a moron clearly for falling into it.

Though - I guess that's why the responses sounded so ridiculous. lol

Thanks to bonyth for the defense though there goes that - whomever was trolling me I assume.

EDIT: I'm a retard for that. <3 Bonyth
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-05 03:40:26
January 05 2017 03:39 GMT
#134
The selection process will be legit I promise.

Step 1: Sign ups the 7th. LITERALLY anyone can sign up even if you aren't ranked high enough because I can't possibly moderate that
Step 2: I randomly select 2 from the list using a random number generator using a min/max based on the number of participants
Step 3: I verify the selected players are active on either ICCUP or FISH and then check their ranks to ensure they are good enough to play
Step 4: Epic Fight Club Games

After being part of TL for so long, I have no reason to start ruining my reputation by making garbage decisions as previously suggested. I want this to be as far to everyone as possible and be lots of fun. Don't worry, I still appreciate you guys very much and thank you for being concerned about the players! <3
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
SuGo
Profile Joined March 2013
United States681 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-05 04:04:25
January 05 2017 03:49 GMT
#135
On January 05 2017 12:39 BisuDagger wrote:
The selection process will be legit I promise.

Step 1: Sign ups the 7th. LITERALLY anyone can sign up even if you aren't ranked high enough because I can't possibly moderate that
Step 2: I randomly select 2 from the list using a random number generator using a min/max based on the number of participants
Step 3: I verify the selected players are active on either ICCUP or FISH and then check their ranks to ensure they are good enough to play
Step 4: Epic Fight Club Games

After being part of TL for so long, I have no reason to start ruining my reputation by making garbage decisions as previously suggested. I want this to be as far to everyone as possible and be lots of fun. Don't worry, I still appreciate you guys very much and thank you for being concerned about the players! <3


Yes - sorry for the moronic thing.

Continue the good work. GGs.

EDIT: Bonyth was ready to stab someone lol.
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7092 Posts
January 05 2017 10:06 GMT
#136
protosses dangerous people
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 05 2017 10:17 GMT
#137
lol did that happen yesterday on his stream? i watched that a bit
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-05 13:19:53
January 05 2017 13:18 GMT
#138
In regards to maps, I did set out with a goal to have 4 foreign maps, but did not want to overwhelm the players with a lot of changes. The last map that would be considered is Crown and Scepter. Please vote and explain your choice so I can adjust accordingly.

CAS: http://www.panschk.de/mappage/comments.php?mapid=4849
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Poll: Replace Pathfinder with Crown and Scepter

Yes (21)
 
54%

No (18)
 
46%

39 total votes

Your vote: Replace Pathfinder with Crown and Scepter

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No

ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
January 08 2017 01:10 GMT
#139
Just a little reminder: I will finalize Reap the Storm tomorrow. This is literally your last chance to test out the map and suggest any changes you consider necessary. I will definitely not have the time to do any more edits any time soon after that.
trutaCz
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland686 Posts
January 08 2017 22:14 GMT
#140
Event seems cool, hope i'll have a chance to participate!
yo~.~
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O128
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason126
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1086
ZZZero.O 128
Bale 20
League of Legends
Doublelift4678
JimRising 564
Counter-Strike
Fnx 980
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6490
Other Games
summit1g8643
FrodaN3053
B2W.Neo620
KnowMe247
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1383
BasetradeTV275
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• blackmanpl 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1166
• Shiphtur214
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 16m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 16m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 16m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.