• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:13
CEST 01:13
KST 08:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8982 users

WCG USA 2006 Live - Page 20

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-18 04:37:32
September 18 2006 04:36 GMT
#381
On September 18 2006 12:25 NonY wrote:
also, i find that the fans are a lot more hateful and negative than the actual players. it was so obvious the whole time that whoever won was going to win by luck. lastgosu got lucky, day would've been lucky if he had won, artosis and i got lucky that we had relatively easy groups(no offense to the other players in our groups but i think it's obvious that the other groups were better). so in general i dont think the players can be that disappointed since nobody got really screwed over. from my observation, there was nobody that really really deserved it. lastgosu is a talented player and he was able to do the job when the pressure was on so i think he'll be just as good, if not better, than some of the other possible candidates

very true. so many factors offline that it can never only be decided by skill.

lastgosu is a nice guy and a good player. maybe you wanted day to win, oh well, shit happens. dont blaim lastgosu for it.
that 2nd part is directed at the people bitching about lastgosu winning, not nony.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
DirtyBirD
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States239 Posts
September 18 2006 04:38 GMT
#382
NonY isn't in sMi, although I wish he still was </3, and I don't know who Broken.Mind is. Also, us being in the same team has nothing to do with us agreeing. We disagree on plenty of things since we all have our own set of thoughts. I just wish people could be a bit more appreciative of someone who played their heart out to do as well as they did.
sMi.DirtyBirD
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8925 Posts
September 18 2006 06:37 GMT
#383
People are just gonna miss DAy cause he sounded like a great guy to party with =[. If I was going to the Grand Finals, I'd want to be partying with DAy too. In that sense, he represents the Americans in more positive ways than just skill.

Best of luck to lastgosu.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
September 18 2006 06:45 GMT
#384
DAy doesnt party. He takes WCG very seriously and wouldn't blow any chances by drinking alcohol etc..

He's very dedicated and I was sad he couldn't go to Italy even as 2nd
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
ToT)Testie(
Profile Joined September 2006
Canada723 Posts
September 18 2006 06:55 GMT
#385
It's not that Day takes it seriously or it's his lifes work or anything.

But he did put a lot of games into practicing. If you have the right mindset, you do not want to waste that time you spent practicing. For it may have been put to better use. So, he stays concentrated until it's over. ;p
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 18 2006 07:32 GMT
#386
any word on replays
Zeller
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States1109 Posts
September 18 2006 08:09 GMT
#387
On September 18 2006 16:32 zulu_nation8 wrote:
any word on replays
Last.Epic , Epic[LighT]
bine
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States2352 Posts
September 18 2006 08:10 GMT
#388
I think you totally misunderstood my remarks. I'm not discounting lastgosu per se, I have no idea who he is, or if he's cool or not. I believe you that he is. My point is not that day is the most famous so he should have won, or anything like that, and I didn't say anything to that effect in my previous post. I'm just saying that from my point of view, as a person not knowing either personally (or being in the same clan as either person) I really wanted day to win and felt awful when he didn't. There were two people I was rooting for, two people that post frequently and nicely on tl.net and who's games I have watched many times, NoNy and Day. And it may not matter to other people, but to me, names are a big part of the aesthetic picture I have of players. Just as I can't picture myself loving a player named "DarkKillerX" I can't get excited for someone I've never heard of named "LastGosu" who just knocked out one of my favorite american players. Again, it's not like I don't think LG deserved it, or that the result is flawed, or that SMi. isn't super awesome, I'm just trying to explain why I am disappointed in the result. Congradulations to Lastgosu, but I can't say I'm excited.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
September 18 2006 08:10 GMT
#389
As much as I would have preferred our lord Day[9] and think he is still a superior player, at least a zerg player won :O. Congratulations Eth.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
bine
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States2352 Posts
September 18 2006 08:12 GMT
#390
And I didn't mean that Day was everyone's favorite player in the USA or anything, I just meant in this given match, I think Day was the favorite for *most* people here.
NerO
Profile Joined February 2003
United States2071 Posts
September 18 2006 08:20 GMT
#391
On September 18 2006 15:37 Flaccid wrote:
People are just gonna miss DAy cause he sounded like a great guy to party with =[. If I was going to the Grand Finals, I'd want to be partying with DAy too. In that sense, he represents the Americans in more positive ways than just skill.

Best of luck to lastgosu.

if thats wut u wanted u should have been rooting for me. I was a lil tispy starting thurs. nite going all the way through the weekend lol
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
September 18 2006 08:23 GMT
#392
i had people have sex on top of me with drawn penises on my limbs with a sore thigh
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
DirtyBirD
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States239 Posts
September 18 2006 08:26 GMT
#393
On September 18 2006 17:23 YoiChiBow wrote:
i had people have sex on top of me with drawn penises on my limbs with a sore thigh

It happens
sMi.DirtyBirD
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
September 18 2006 08:51 GMT
#394
haha bine wtf -_-


QUOTE
Player A) with the best handle ever was about to go to the world championships and then Player B) with the worst, most cheesy and awful handle ever beat him in really unfortunate circumstances.
/QUOTE

what are you saying?
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-18 08:57:57
September 18 2006 08:57 GMT
#395
that was a pretty retarded comment, its ok to root for people by name but dont judge them by it..
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
September 18 2006 09:05 GMT
#396
hmmm one of u top players pay ur way through asap plz... 1 for SC = no thx...
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
NonYold
Profile Joined April 2004
United States2814 Posts
September 18 2006 09:20 GMT
#397
well... next year will be better for usa :o
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
September 18 2006 09:51 GMT
#398
lets see how he does in italy
Teamliquidian townie
stalife
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada1222 Posts
September 18 2006 10:06 GMT
#399
i was rooting for lastgosu from the beginning!
www.memoryexpress.com
Orlandu
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
China2450 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-18 10:18:29
September 18 2006 10:17 GMT
#400
Nero, I woke up Sunday with a piece of chocolate in my bed and it looked like I crapped my pants.

What the hell happened that night? (BTW I was totally piss drunk when I came in that night, I dunno if you knew lol)
We cant give up just because things arent the way we want them to be.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings10
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 155
ProTech142
ViBE100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14323
Artosis 619
PianO 21
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever567
NeuroSwarm143
canceldota133
League of Legends
Doublelift3718
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe57
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g6806
FrodaN981
shahzam502
C9.Mang0337
Day[9].tv144
Maynarde33
Trikslyr6
fpsfer 0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• RyuSc2 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie832
• Shiphtur560
• Day9tv144
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 47m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.