• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:32
CEST 03:32
KST 10:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7568 users

NoisE's ASL2 Grand Finals - Page 4

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
October 21 2012 01:55 GMT
#61
Hello everyone!

I just felt like I should write a small message to everyone in order to thank and give credit where it is due.

Firstly and certainly most importantly, the sponsors:

To NoisE: You are the most dedicated person I know. You see opportunities to help grow our community and you jump on it! Your sponsorship of the first ASL made me insanely joyful and I cannot thank you enough for that. When the second installment came around, you did NOT hesitate one bit. At all. Not even for a second. You helped me grow something I saw a vision for and something you believed in as well. You are truly an amazing person who was so very crucial to the leagues happening in the first place. You and the other sponsors practically grew our up-and-coming generation of BW players. I think it's safe to say "Thanks!!!!!!!!!" on their behalf as well.I appreciate you and applaud you for supporting the ASL and the ASL2. Thank you so very much.

To Reclusive: Reclusive - The nicest person in the community I know. Honestly, if there's ever a time when I just wanted to chat with someone or ask for help, you were that person. I deeply thank you for your sponsorship and I know everyone else does as well. You, and all sponsors for that matter, were equally instrumental in the forming of this league. As much as I wanted you to play in it, I believe some conflicts of schedules prevented you from doing so. Here's to me hoping you win the next one! :D I'm just so proud of people like you who want to support leagues like this. I just thank you so so so so so so so much! + Show Spoiler +
Why did the chicken cross the road? LOL


To Sayle: The man of BW. If anyone says foreign BW, they're probably talking about Sziky. After Sziky though, they are talking about you! + Show Spoiler +
I hope you don't take that the wrong way Just joking of course LOL
Sayle, the most well known person in our scene, wanted to support the ASL? Yes. Yes he did. His generosity is out of this world and I thank him so much for that! I hope you continue to cast and spread BW to as many people as possible and on behalf of the ASL, WE THANK YOU! You are seriously awesome, man ^^




Now to the people that actually did 10x more than I did. To the staff:

To Hacklebeast: I don't get Hacklebeast. I give him a LOT of things to cast, no one else for him to cast it with, and he never once complained. He truly loves this game and loves the ASL. He has become my favorite caster in all of the community just because he's so good at what he does. He entertains so much and adds so much to the games. He can call the shots if I somehow screw him over by not sending replays or if something goes wrong during the cast. I apologize to him for throwing so much undertaking on him! I really do thank you though for casting and making the ASL2 what it is! You are the best, man!

To dOTY and EleGant: Thank you for accompanying Hacklebeast when you could! You guys are so great at what you do and I hope we can work together in the future! :D

To Quirinus: Quirinus. I looked it up in the dictionary and it came up as: A person who just wants to give up time in order to help people as much as he possibly can regardless of the task asked of him. As far as I am concerned, Quirinus organized the ASL2 (As well as a LOT of the ASL1). He may not have chosen maps or format, but he completely did everything wiki related, VOD related, Reffing related, everything related, etc. I looked up boss in the dictionary too and it said "Go to Quirinus". This guy is just so helpful and kind. He does so much and never takes as much credit as he deserves. He's a genius. EVERYONE, MAKE IT KNOWN THAT QUIRINUS IS AMAZING. Thank you so much, man!

To Stratos: Stratos - The Hype. That's what I'm going to be calling you from now on ;P Stratos helps a LOT of people, but his ASL2 performance was mind blowing. Literally some of the best video editing I have seen ever. I'm just like, "Hey Stratos, I need blah blah blah. Wait, no... Just freestyle it and make it your own." Here's a tip for anyone asking him for video stuff: Always let him do his thing. He's just plain brilliant. It's truly a talent that he has. Gosh, the first hype video was like watching a movie! It's just so tense. I really do hope he knows I appreciate him as much as I do because I appreciate him A LOT!!!!!!! Thanks, Strat!

To Shiroiusagi: The best graphic artist on TL.net. Hands down, the best. If I need something, I utter one word and BOOM. Without complain, Shiroiusagi does her best work just for me. I've never been disappointed with ANYTHING Shiri does. I've had things I've needed a day before they were going to be used, and Shiroiusagi delivers EVERY time. I always feel bad asking because I think she's going to hate me, but she's never showed any sign of unhappiness. Just one of the kindest people I know who once again, DOES NOT GET THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE. The face of the ASL is Shiroiusagi. Thank you so much for your hard work and beautiful graphics. I so very much appreciate all the other threads that are graced with them as well.

To KivA, Kororo, and Miso: The trio that basically made the qualification happen. They also gave up their time to help me when I was not able to do certain things. They are so sharp and understood everything that I needed. Thank you so much, guys.



Lastly to the players:

I would be lying if I said I didn't get entertainment out of this league. It's fun. Really fun. I enjoy watching players who are considered to be the lower skill level win some really exciting games. Sure things are unpredictable, but what is BW if you can predict everything? Boring. The ASL2 was not boring. I really enjoyed getting to know you guys as well. So many neat storylines that some of the public never got to see. Thankfully not as much drama haha I congratulate the winners, but I also congratulate those who participated to just improve or see how far they could go. You guys are amazing and literally the whole ASL2 happened because of you. You mean so much to me and the sponsors. I hope that you all have improved and are now wanting to take it farther by participating in other leagues or joining teams or skype groups. Whatever it is, it's about improving. That's what this ASL2 was about as well as the ASL1. If you left better than you came, I consider my job done. Good luck to all of you in the future and I hope to see even more of you in the next Amateur StarLeague!

Sincerely,
Shimy
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
October 21 2012 01:58 GMT
#62
Nice write up above!
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
October 21 2012 06:03 GMT
#63
thanks.

I'd like to reemphasize the thanks to the sponsors and staff, and of course shimy.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
BulgarianToss
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria495 Posts
October 21 2012 14:56 GMT
#64
OMGROFLCOPTERMAO, Wands won? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! And 4-0!!!!!!! Totally unexpected :O, dat play, dat everything, the absolute favourite to win the C level tournament NoisE got outplayed by a B rank player. I am amaze and disappoint at the same time!
music is the best thing in the world
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
October 21 2012 15:02 GMT
#65
On October 21 2012 23:56 BulgarianToss wrote:
OMGROFLCOPTERMAO, Wands won? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! And 4-0!!!!!!! Totally unexpected :O, dat play, dat everything, the absolute favourite to win the C level tournament NoisE got outplayed by a B rank player. I am amaze and disappoint at the same time!

[image loading]
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 21 2012 22:11 GMT
#66
On October 21 2012 23:56 BulgarianToss wrote:
OMGROFLCOPTERMAO, Wands won? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! And 4-0!!!!!!! Totally unexpected :O, dat play, dat everything, the absolute favourite to win the C level tournament NoisE got outplayed by a B rank player. I am amaze and disappoint at the same time!


You can blame it on the fact he is a higher rank all you want Wallace, but it will forever sound like you are just bitter he worked harder than you. I don't care I lost to Wands. He out practiced me and out worked me in every way possible. You saw in every game I was completely unprepared for that set of games and it was because his preparation was so much better than my own. I played a total of 5 game of BW between my games vs You and my games vs Wands. I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
BulgarianToss
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria495 Posts
October 22 2012 07:54 GMT
#67
On October 22 2012 07:11 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2012 23:56 BulgarianToss wrote:
OMGROFLCOPTERMAO, Wands won? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! And 4-0!!!!!!! Totally unexpected :O, dat play, dat everything, the absolute favourite to win the C level tournament NoisE got outplayed by a B rank player. I am amaze and disappoint at the same time!


You can blame it on the fact he is a higher rank all you want Wallace, but it will forever sound like you are just bitter he worked harder than you. I don't care I lost to Wands. He out practiced me and out worked me in every way possible. You saw in every game I was completely unprepared for that set of games and it was because his preparation was so much better than my own. I played a total of 5 game of BW between my games vs You and my games vs Wands. I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.


And I hope that to all the normal and reasonable people out here who read our posts I sound like the only person who acknowledges the fact that you let 2 B rank players play in your C level tournament. That is all, I couldn't care less about anything else, I enjoyed playing this tournament. I think ASL should take notes from the YSL, because it seems you guys failed 2 times to make a fair C level tournament while it took NinaZerg only one try..

And btw this
I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.
has nothing to do with anything and is off topic.

Actually everything is off topic now in this thread, but whatever. Some things needed to be said.
music is the best thing in the world
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
October 22 2012 11:04 GMT
#68
On October 22 2012 16:54 BulgarianToss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2012 07:11 Shotcoder wrote:
On October 21 2012 23:56 BulgarianToss wrote:
OMGROFLCOPTERMAO, Wands won? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! And 4-0!!!!!!! Totally unexpected :O, dat play, dat everything, the absolute favourite to win the C level tournament NoisE got outplayed by a B rank player. I am amaze and disappoint at the same time!


You can blame it on the fact he is a higher rank all you want Wallace, but it will forever sound like you are just bitter he worked harder than you. I don't care I lost to Wands. He out practiced me and out worked me in every way possible. You saw in every game I was completely unprepared for that set of games and it was because his preparation was so much better than my own. I played a total of 5 game of BW between my games vs You and my games vs Wands. I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.


And I hope that to all the normal and reasonable people out here who read our posts I sound like the only person who acknowledges the fact that you let 2 B rank players play in your C level tournament. That is all, I couldn't care less about anything else, I enjoyed playing this tournament. I think ASL should take notes from the YSL, because it seems you guys failed 2 times to make a fair C level tournament while it took NinaZerg only one try..

And btw this
Show nested quote +
I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.
has nothing to do with anything and is off topic.

Actually everything is off topic now in this thread, but whatever. Some things needed to be said.

No, you're absolutely wrong.

Jonoman hit B- like what, 3-4 years ago? Give me a fucking break, B- back then first of all has nothing to do with B- now, secondly people's skills DETERIORATE after not practicing. Look at his following seasons, he never even came close to the same record. No one except you would consider this a mistake or oversight. He didn't even win. So, you're wrong on this count.

Wands hit B- only on his ASL name. This is something that was discussed, predicted, and allowed in ASL1! If we get a pool of players, all of which are C-/C, and one player is solid C+, that C+ can win so many games he will get to fucking Olympic. Think about it - a lot of strong players probably did not end up playing in this tournament, including C+/B- borderline people. The other important factor is that there are no players whose skill is ABOVE C ranks that just hadn't laddered far enough yet, so they haven't cruised into the blue ranks, thereby lowering the rank of other C ranks in the process. It is absolutely logically sound. So, you're wrong on both counts.

Please, before coming back and probably complaining/arguing more, THINK about what you're saying dude. A B- four years ago and a B- within a strictly limited player base do NOT make a player actually B ranks.

"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 22 2012 12:40 GMT
#69
On October 22 2012 16:54 BulgarianToss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2012 07:11 Shotcoder wrote:
On October 21 2012 23:56 BulgarianToss wrote:
OMGROFLCOPTERMAO, Wands won? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! And 4-0!!!!!!! Totally unexpected :O, dat play, dat everything, the absolute favourite to win the C level tournament NoisE got outplayed by a B rank player. I am amaze and disappoint at the same time!


You can blame it on the fact he is a higher rank all you want Wallace, but it will forever sound like you are just bitter he worked harder than you. I don't care I lost to Wands. He out practiced me and out worked me in every way possible. You saw in every game I was completely unprepared for that set of games and it was because his preparation was so much better than my own. I played a total of 5 game of BW between my games vs You and my games vs Wands. I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.


And I hope that to all the normal and reasonable people out here who read our posts I sound like the only person who acknowledges the fact that you let 2 B rank players play in your C level tournament. That is all, I couldn't care less about anything else, I enjoyed playing this tournament. I think ASL should take notes from the YSL, because it seems you guys failed 2 times to make a fair C level tournament while it took NinaZerg only one try..

And btw this
Show nested quote +
I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.
has nothing to do with anything and is off topic.

Actually everything is off topic now in this thread, but whatever. Some things needed to be said.


Yes, you have constantly complained that people better than you were allowed to participate in this tour. I'm sorry Wallace, next ASL we will just find a list of opponents you have beaten to make it easier for you.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
October 22 2012 12:41 GMT
#70
On October 22 2012 16:54 BulgarianToss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2012 07:11 Shotcoder wrote:
On October 21 2012 23:56 BulgarianToss wrote:
OMGROFLCOPTERMAO, Wands won? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! And 4-0!!!!!!! Totally unexpected :O, dat play, dat everything, the absolute favourite to win the C level tournament NoisE got outplayed by a B rank player. I am amaze and disappoint at the same time!


You can blame it on the fact he is a higher rank all you want Wallace, but it will forever sound like you are just bitter he worked harder than you. I don't care I lost to Wands. He out practiced me and out worked me in every way possible. You saw in every game I was completely unprepared for that set of games and it was because his preparation was so much better than my own. I played a total of 5 game of BW between my games vs You and my games vs Wands. I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.


And I hope that to all the normal and reasonable people out here who read our posts I sound like the only person who acknowledges the fact that you let 2 B rank players play in your C level tournament. That is all, I couldn't care less about anything else, I enjoyed playing this tournament. I think ASL should take notes from the YSL, because it seems you guys failed 2 times to make a fair C level tournament while it took NinaZerg only one try..

And btw this
Show nested quote +
I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.
has nothing to do with anything and is off topic.

Actually everything is off topic now in this thread, but whatever. Some things needed to be said.


I think both leagues should exhange their notes so to speak.

ASL did a lot of things better than YSL and vice-versa.

For instance ASL had better thread organization (A very nice thread layout and everything wasn't jammed into one thread or to spread out), better graphics (It's just amazing I have to give props to Shiroiusagi), a unique group stage system and better VOD organization ( I liked that they made a youtube channel for the future ASLs)

Now YSL outclassed ASL in several other areas such as fairness (This wasn't a as big an issue as you are making it out to be), custom overlay (This should be fucking done all the fucking time literally soo fucking cool! (Excuse my use of vocabulary, but I had to express my opinion)) and I'm sure there were a couple more, but I honestly followed ASL2 A LOT more than the YSL.

The event organizers should work together and they should learn from each other to improve the quality of their product and I think both leagues are on the right path!
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
October 22 2012 12:45 GMT
#71
On October 22 2012 20:04 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2012 16:54 BulgarianToss wrote:
On October 22 2012 07:11 Shotcoder wrote:
On October 21 2012 23:56 BulgarianToss wrote:
OMGROFLCOPTERMAO, Wands won? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! And 4-0!!!!!!! Totally unexpected :O, dat play, dat everything, the absolute favourite to win the C level tournament NoisE got outplayed by a B rank player. I am amaze and disappoint at the same time!


You can blame it on the fact he is a higher rank all you want Wallace, but it will forever sound like you are just bitter he worked harder than you. I don't care I lost to Wands. He out practiced me and out worked me in every way possible. You saw in every game I was completely unprepared for that set of games and it was because his preparation was so much better than my own. I played a total of 5 game of BW between my games vs You and my games vs Wands. I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.


And I hope that to all the normal and reasonable people out here who read our posts I sound like the only person who acknowledges the fact that you let 2 B rank players play in your C level tournament. That is all, I couldn't care less about anything else, I enjoyed playing this tournament. I think ASL should take notes from the YSL, because it seems you guys failed 2 times to make a fair C level tournament while it took NinaZerg only one try..

And btw this
I also played maybe 10 total practice games this entire ASL. So you should be upset you lost to someone who didnt prepare at all instead of being upset the man who played his ass off and practiced his ass off every series took it so convincingly.
has nothing to do with anything and is off topic.

Actually everything is off topic now in this thread, but whatever. Some things needed to be said.

No, you're absolutely wrong.

Jonoman hit B- like what, 3-4 years ago? Give me a fucking break, B- back then first of all has nothing to do with B- now, secondly people's skills DETERIORATE after not practicing. Look at his following seasons, he never even came close to the same record. No one except you would consider this a mistake or oversight. He didn't even win. So, you're wrong on this count.

Wands hit B- only on his ASL name. This is something that was discussed, predicted, and allowed in ASL1! If we get a pool of players, all of which are C-/C, and one player is solid C+, that C+ can win so many games he will get to fucking Olympic. Think about it - a lot of strong players probably did not end up playing in this tournament, including C+/B- borderline people. The other important factor is that there are no players whose skill is ABOVE C ranks that just hadn't laddered far enough yet, so they haven't cruised into the blue ranks, thereby lowering the rank of other C ranks in the process. It is absolutely logically sound. So, you're wrong on both counts.

Please, before coming back and probably complaining/arguing more, THINK about what you're saying dude. A B- four years ago and a B- within a strictly limited player base do NOT make a player actually B ranks.



Yeah this is also true also if the event holds a ladder stage and the players have an external ladder (aka you can ladder with people who aren't playing in the league) players should be encouraged to reach higher ranks (, but the organization should first make sure that this players weren't above the rank prior to the start of the league). The leagues like ASL and YSL are here so we can find new stars among the BW community and so that they can join proper teams after they have won or got into the later stages of the tournament and have already proven their worth.
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
October 22 2012 14:01 GMT
#72
Congrats to the winner of Noise ASL2, my teammate and great guy - + Show Spoiler +
WandS, you deserved it man
!
Also congratulations to + Show Spoiler +
NoisE and Jonoman92
for the 2nd and 3rd place!

Here are hacklebeast's twitch.tv VODs until the videos get uploaded to the
[image loading]
ASL Youtube channel
:
  • 3rd place match
  • Grand Finals
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
October 22 2012 14:03 GMT
#73
I also want to thank everyone who helped make Noise ASL2 a reality.
I pretty much feel like it'd turn out like Shimy's post, so I'm just going to list you awesome people so I don't do a copypasta:

NoisE, Reclusive, Sayle for sponsoring
Hacklebeast, dOTY, EleGant, Stratos, Shiroiusagi, KivA, Kororo, Miso for helping with running everything and doing their part like heroes. (Yes, they definitely have superpowers!)

and of course

Shimy
Who did the most of the work: finding people to do everything, coordinating players and staff, writing threads, refereeing, collecting replays and applications, discussing and planning everything from start to finish, dealing with problems that inevitably surface and much more. Central pillar of ASL and such an amazing and kind guy.

One does not simply make a tournament - but yes, Shimy does: he takes the fucking ring, slams it down Sauron's throat and then makes a picnic on top of Mount Doom.


Last but not the least:
Thanks to all the players and viewers! :D


Playing was also fun, was || this close to the ro8, but I guess barely losing to the 3rd place finisher without having time to practice isn't bad. Happy that I did better than in the last ASL. xD
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
dOTY
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany483 Posts
November 02 2012 15:06 GMT
#74
Thank you a lot too Shimy, i did enjoy every second casting these games and i do hope too that we could repeat this sometime !!
It’s cool to cry, don’t ever question your strength .
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 147
RuFF_SC2 104
ProTech59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15722
Rain 2258
Artosis 570
NaDa 16
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift3503
Counter-Strike
taco 388
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox600
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor972
Other Games
summit1g8555
Day[9].tv691
JimRising 558
PiGStarcraft316
C9.Mang0261
ViBE49
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 156
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv691
• Scarra560
• Shiphtur200
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 28m
OSC
20h 28m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.