• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:08
CEST 15:08
KST 22:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8184 users

Translation My Starcraft - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 25 Next All
Azure Sky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States52 Posts
May 18 2010 20:46 GMT
#261
I don't speak Korean but I noticed the cheerful has the same text as the rainbow potion. If that's correct then it adds +50 to all stats for one game. Overall I've found them to be more useful than the sniper item when I'm trying to build up C rank players. As for acquiring them, you seem to get one each time one of your players wins in the starleague.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
May 18 2010 23:13 GMT
#262
Same problem arises with this new version as well as the previous ver of 1.25.1. I can't see any pictures nor images at all! It's completely dark and blank, I can play the game and all but if I can't see any images, how can I play the game? The version 1.24.1 and older ones can show me pictures/images but not this one.... I mean is it because I'm on windows 7? It's sorta annoying to see that happen... -________-
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
C[SCL]
Profile Joined April 2009
Philippines576 Posts
May 19 2010 00:06 GMT
#263
On May 19 2010 08:13 QuickStriker wrote:
Same problem arises with this new version as well as the previous ver of 1.25.1. I can't see any pictures nor images at all! It's completely dark and blank, I can play the game and all but if I can't see any images, how can I play the game? The version 1.24.1 and older ones can show me pictures/images but not this one.... I mean is it because I'm on windows 7? It's sorta annoying to see that happen... -________-


Have you tried putting the executable for ver 1.26 in the 1.24 folder? That's what I do to fix the image issue. I do agree though that playing w/o pics is kinda hard.
BISU FAN FOREVER|Really fan.. really.|Flash, please get all the golds. k thx
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
May 19 2010 00:20 GMT
#264
On May 19 2010 09:06 C[SCL] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 08:13 QuickStriker wrote:
Same problem arises with this new version as well as the previous ver of 1.25.1. I can't see any pictures nor images at all! It's completely dark and blank, I can play the game and all but if I can't see any images, how can I play the game? The version 1.24.1 and older ones can show me pictures/images but not this one.... I mean is it because I'm on windows 7? It's sorta annoying to see that happen... -________-


Have you tried putting the executable for ver 1.26 in the 1.24 folder? That's what I do to fix the image issue. I do agree though that playing w/o pics is kinda hard.

Yes I did and it worked but you don't see images/pictures of new maps, players etc. Just w/e it was on 1.24 version which still isn't 100%. It's good but not perfect and I'm like a perfectionist, I need that 100%! Lol.
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
C[SCL]
Profile Joined April 2009
Philippines576 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 01:15:15
May 19 2010 00:26 GMT
#265
On May 19 2010 09:20 QuickStriker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 09:06 C[SCL] wrote:
On May 19 2010 08:13 QuickStriker wrote:
Same problem arises with this new version as well as the previous ver of 1.25.1. I can't see any pictures nor images at all! It's completely dark and blank, I can play the game and all but if I can't see any images, how can I play the game? The version 1.24.1 and older ones can show me pictures/images but not this one.... I mean is it because I'm on windows 7? It's sorta annoying to see that happen... -________-


Have you tried putting the executable for ver 1.26 in the 1.24 folder? That's what I do to fix the image issue. I do agree though that playing w/o pics is kinda hard.

Yes I did and it worked but you don't see images/pictures of new maps, players etc. Just w/e it was on 1.24 version which still isn't 100%. It's good but not perfect and I'm like a perfectionist, I need that 100%! Lol.


I just tried what wswordsmen said. The control panel > Region and Language > Last tab switch the language of non-unicode programs to Korean. Im on windows 7 as well and what do you know, it works perfectly! All images working for 1.26! Try it!

NOTE - when you change the language to Korean, you will have to download the file again!
BISU FAN FOREVER|Really fan.. really.|Flash, please get all the golds. k thx
wswordsmen
Profile Joined October 2007
United States987 Posts
May 19 2010 06:15 GMT
#266
I just realized I left a joke I put in for testing (because I find it mildly funny) in the released version. No one has commented on the One Ring I have put in the however many past item translations. A map name is much more noticeable, so I am surprised at the lack of comments.
Megaman703
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada688 Posts
May 19 2010 07:00 GMT
#267
I just assumed the original game was like that >_>
Deleted User 55994
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
949 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 07:15:37
May 19 2010 07:14 GMT
#268
what do the 3 checkboxes during games do (says 1, 4 and 8)

and am I meant to be able to choose the other teams ace player? ;x
C[SCL]
Profile Joined April 2009
Philippines576 Posts
May 19 2010 07:50 GMT
#269
On May 19 2010 15:15 wswordsmen wrote:
I just realized I left a joke I put in for testing (because I find it mildly funny) in the released version. No one has commented on the One Ring I have put in the however many past item translations. A map name is much more noticeable, so I am surprised at the lack of comments.


lol. Is it the "BeBeep" for Roadrunner? I remembered I read that on the original map description, I thought that was really it's name so I completely forgot about it. lol
BISU FAN FOREVER|Really fan.. really.|Flash, please get all the golds. k thx
ryseungoo
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada91 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 18:13:05
May 19 2010 18:05 GMT
#270
I think this game has a sick sense of humor.

http://i47.tinypic.com/xp4xsp.jpg
C[SCL]
Profile Joined April 2009
Philippines576 Posts
May 19 2010 18:25 GMT
#271
On May 20 2010 03:05 ryseungoo wrote:
I think this game has a sick sense of humor.

http://i47.tinypic.com/xp4xsp.jpg


lol. For me, nothing is as worse as losing to hOn_si. Try using Jaedong. You'll be frustrated by how easily he loses.
BISU FAN FOREVER|Really fan.. really.|Flash, please get all the golds. k thx
wswordsmen
Profile Joined October 2007
United States987 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 19:12:05
May 19 2010 18:36 GMT
#272
On May 19 2010 16:50 C[SCL] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 15:15 wswordsmen wrote:
I just realized I left a joke I put in for testing (because I find it mildly funny) in the released version. No one has commented on the One Ring I have put in the however many past item translations. A map name is much more noticeable, so I am surprised at the lack of comments.


lol. Is it the "BeBeep" for Roadrunner? I remembered I read that on the original map description, I thought that was really it's name so I completely forgot about it. lol

We have a winner, it is from Roadrunner. I am surprised you didn't notice it on your own. Maybe you don't need to remember the map name, as much as have a name associated with it. That would be a nice experiment to try.

Anyway I am more or less finishing up the item shop translations (although there are a few phrases I can't do if you try and purchase the wrong item) new version should be up in not too long. Also still didn't find the army either, that is really annoying.

New version is up, I will be uploading a new new version as a .rar for Quickstriker. If that doesn't help I am not sure what to do.
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
May 19 2010 19:28 GMT
#273
Awesome stuff, a guide to proper set up would be great in the FAQ bit though.
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
wswordsmen
Profile Joined October 2007
United States987 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 19:33:35
May 19 2010 19:30 GMT
#274
On May 20 2010 04:28 ComusLoM wrote:
Awesome stuff, a guide to proper set up would be great in the FAQ bit though.

If you want something more than download extract play try checking the OP of the original thread (It should be in spoilers in the OP).

On May 19 2010 16:14 faction123 wrote:
what do the 3 checkboxes during games do (says 1, 4 and 8)

and am I meant to be able to choose the other teams ace player? ;x

They control the speed of the game (they have no effect on the game, just do you want to spend time watching the game or not), and you don't choose the opponents player for an ace game, you get to look at the other team to analyze who they are likely to send out, and compare their players to your players. If you are using a sniper, then that just determines who do you gain an advantage against.
C[SCL]
Profile Joined April 2009
Philippines576 Posts
May 19 2010 19:35 GMT
#275
Woah. Thanks for translating the items. I finally know what each item does exactly! Time to have another marathon! Cheers!
BISU FAN FOREVER|Really fan.. really.|Flash, please get all the golds. k thx
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
May 19 2010 20:06 GMT
#276
I really like the new feature where sometimes a player gets a massive condition boost for a game - adds another thing to consider when selecting lineups and gives you incentive to use more players than just 4 or 5

thanks again for translating, wswordsmen
I drop suckas like Plinko
phlamez
Profile Joined January 2008
United States96 Posts
May 19 2010 20:10 GMT
#277
This may be silly but does the rush distance component of the map indicate whether its favorable to rush or how far that distance is. I.e. does longer bar mean shorter rush distances or longer ones.
wswordsmen
Profile Joined October 2007
United States987 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 20:52:15
May 19 2010 20:51 GMT
#278
On May 20 2010 04:35 C[SCL] wrote:
Woah. Thanks for translating the items. I finally know what each item does exactly! Time to have another marathon! Cheers!

This is the first for me as well. Before the most info I got for ceremonies was too vague,

On May 20 2010 05:06 Gann1 wrote:
I really like the new feature where sometimes a player gets a massive condition boost for a game - adds another thing to consider when selecting lineups and gives you incentive to use more players than just 4 or 5

thanks again for translating, wswordsmen

Thank you for enjoying it, I know this sounds corny but people's gratitude is the reason I have been doing this for so long. Although this time their was a little bit extra in it.

On May 20 2010 05:10 phlamez wrote:
This may be silly but does the rush distance component of the map indicate whether its favorable to rush or how far that distance is. I.e. does longer bar mean shorter rush distances or longer ones.

Small rush distance bar = quick rush. Perhaps next time I will just put distance instead of rush distance.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
May 19 2010 21:30 GMT
#279
Oh wow, a fully translated version! Thanks wswordsmen for your time and effort to translate! I dled it and it didn't work under non-unicode in English but when I changed it to Korean, it works like everyone else said.. and it took me a while to figure out what that meant too since I converted the entire language of the computer to Korean... anyway, it's all good, once you dled it in non-unicode in Korean, you can change back to English and you can still play it!

But yea, this looks good, thanks! (Time for a PM ^_^)
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
May 19 2010 21:44 GMT
#280
it's impossible to translate the play-by-play, right?
Commentator
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV703
OGKoka 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko427
OGKoka 248
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8424
Bisu 4643
FanTaSy 3449
Jaedong 2159
Shuttle 1515
EffOrt 1175
Horang2 782
BeSt 676
actioN 426
Larva 394
[ Show more ]
Mini 323
Stork 144
Mind 115
Zeus 114
Dewaltoss 94
Snow 90
910 74
Barracks 59
Mong 45
hero 42
ToSsGirL 42
soO 40
Sexy 38
Killer 31
sorry 28
Bale 26
JYJ 25
Free 21
Shine 21
Shinee 21
Aegong 19
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 14
HiyA 13
zelot 13
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4357
qojqva1387
Dendi975
XaKoH 471
febbydoto22
Counter-Strike
x6flipin230
Other Games
singsing2806
olofmeister1255
hiko843
B2W.Neo699
Livibee671
crisheroes391
XBOCT260
Pyrionflax225
dupreeh65
Liquid`VortiX60
QueenE23
Hui .13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick621
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2082
• Nemesis1255
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 52m
Replay Cast
9h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 52m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 52m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.