• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7671 users

[Fantasy] PL R3 Final Rankings - Page 30

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 47 Next All
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
February 11 2009 14:49 GMT
#581
On February 11 2009 23:38 Beamo wrote:
Hmmm...

I found the Fantasy PL funner when it was not the players everyone had that were dominating (Flash, Jaedong and Savior) :/

But that might also be because I am now far away from the top 10 :p


(T)HiyA in top10? (T)Notice IN Top10?!

One person has (T)Notice. One!
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
February 11 2009 14:53 GMT
#582
62 62 62 62 62 62 62 62 62 62 62 62 62 62

TOP 100 BABYYYYYYYYYYY. Kudos to Flash and Jaedong.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Beamo
Profile Joined March 2003
France1279 Posts
February 11 2009 17:06 GMT
#583
On February 11 2009 23:49 miseiler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2009 23:38 Beamo wrote:
Hmmm...

I found the Fantasy PL funner when it was not the players everyone had that were dominating (Flash, Jaedong and Savior) :/

But that might also be because I am now far away from the top 10 :p


(T)HiyA in top10? (T)Notice IN Top10?!

One person has (T)Notice. One!


?...?

Yeah that's what I'm saying, take a look at the top 10 teams, how many of them have Hiya or Notice ? -> None...

Most of these teams are Flash + Jaedong + Savior (+ often Free) which are just the 3 top players selected. I find it disapointing that it is so predictable.

Found it funner end of last week when the right picks were Hiya, Anytime and Luxury which not as many people had.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-11 17:16:05
February 11 2009 17:10 GMT
#584
savior and free is not predictable, as both of those players did horribly last round, plus, most of the top teams have some combo of Luxury, Anytime, Iris, etc.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-11 18:03:21
February 11 2009 18:02 GMT
#585
damn I made 4 points with Reach and +10 points with Flash and what happens? I fall from 30th to 60th place...stupid jaedong... :p
beep boop
Beamo
Profile Joined March 2003
France1279 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-11 18:22:08
February 11 2009 18:20 GMT
#586
On February 12 2009 02:10 Hot_Bid wrote:
savior and free is not predictable, as both of those players did horribly last round, plus, most of the top teams have some combo of Luxury, Anytime, Iris, etc.


Well you have to have something to distinguish the top from the others.

So yes I like the fact Free, Iris, Anytime, Luxury or Hiya bring points (most of them being smart choices more then lucky choices) and I take my comment back for Savior. I just find it disapointing Flash and Jaedong ruin everything being the "easy" choices and bringing in so many points.

But I'm not complaining on the format, just on the results


PS: Take a look at the comment just above me ^^
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
February 11 2009 18:37 GMT
#587
well, they cost so many points for a reason
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
February 11 2009 19:09 GMT
#588
I have two of the top 4 scorers but I'm in 688th. My supporting cast sucks.
Zero fighting.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 11 2009 19:40 GMT
#589
I think you forgot to update Samsung's total score (it says 1-3, but the game lists seem to show that they are 2-3?)
Uff Da
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
February 11 2009 19:46 GMT
#590
On February 12 2009 03:20 Beamo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2009 02:10 Hot_Bid wrote:
savior and free is not predictable, as both of those players did horribly last round, plus, most of the top teams have some combo of Luxury, Anytime, Iris, etc.


Well you have to have something to distinguish the top from the others.

So yes I like the fact Free, Iris, Anytime, Luxury or Hiya bring points (most of them being smart choices more then lucky choices) and I take my comment back for Savior. I just find it disapointing Flash and Jaedong ruin everything being the "easy" choices and bringing in so many points.

But I'm not complaining on the format, just on the results


PS: Take a look at the comment just above me ^^


not picking flash and jaedong is like not picking a top running back in the first two rounds of fantasy football: if you wannan base your team around a WR or QB combo, that's your prerogative, but most likely you won't be very competitive. picking running backs are more boring but safe
manner
kemoryan
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Spain1506 Posts
February 11 2009 20:00 GMT
#591
Now I'm realizing that wasting most of your points in 2 or 3 players such as Flash and Jaedong is actually a wise choice, since in this winner's league format one strong player can give you a lot of point compared to the other older PL format where it can give you a limited numer of points (1 game + ACE).

Btw. come on KAL I was expecting a lot more from you!
Freedom is a stranger
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
February 11 2009 20:30 GMT
#592
Yea! I'm ahead of Nikk now! Crap where the hell did all these other people come from?

Damn you oz for using Jaedong to rape the airforce...seriously couldn't you have sent hiya or somebody not named jaedong?
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
February 11 2009 20:42 GMT
#593
This is easy for me to say, because I'm doing well... But to everyone complaining about the results being too 'obvious', I agree with you, but don't sympathize. Obviously everyone has their own way of choosing their team, but by WISELY thinking through the entire rules of play before doing so, it's really not that difficult to choose a team that will place well, assuming each player plays -near- as well as they do on a daily basis.

I'm torn between whether I prefered this season, or the last. I'm doing way better this season, but I'm still not sure. (I think I finished 40th or 80th or something last season) Last season was MUCH more unpredictable in choosing your team (Due to the proleague format), and this season is MUCH more predictable (Due entirely to all-kill format).
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-11 20:55:57
February 11 2009 20:55 GMT
#594
i don't see how you can say its more predictable. sure a lot of the big names have been scoring points, but a lot of players have randomly gotten all kills like go.go, luxury, yarnc, hiya, etc. a lot of older players had resurgences too, like reach, savior, and iris, and a lot of new rookies are doing well like notice and roro. free did pretty bad last season and there was no real indication that'd be great this season. same with best and hwasin, but in the reverse. imo its easy to say "predictable" when you're doing well (your predictions are right, after all haha). it's only predictable relative to flash and jaedong.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Jaeden
Profile Joined September 2008
Romania1489 Posts
February 11 2009 21:05 GMT
#595
On February 12 2009 05:55 Hot_Bid wrote:
i don't see how you can say its more predictable. sure a lot of the big names have been scoring points, but a lot of players have randomly gotten all kills like go.go, luxury, yarnc, hiya, etc. a lot of older players had resurgences too, like reach, savior, and iris, and a lot of new rookies are doing well like notice and roro. free did pretty bad last season and there was no real indication that'd be great this season. same with best and hwasin, but in the reverse. imo its easy to say "predictable" when you're doing well (your predictions are right, after all haha). it's only predictable relative to flash and jaedong.

well, also Flash and Jaedong did well last season...so yeah, I agree
Boxer: " Lee Jae Dong is the best player. He`s all about the micro; he`s the player which has the most amazing control"
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
February 11 2009 21:18 GMT
#596
On February 12 2009 05:55 Hot_Bid wrote:
i don't see how you can say its more predictable. sure a lot of the big names have been scoring points, but a lot of players have randomly gotten all kills like go.go, luxury, yarnc, hiya, etc. a lot of older players had resurgences too, like reach, savior, and iris, and a lot of new rookies are doing well like notice and roro. free did pretty bad last season and there was no real indication that'd be great this season. same with best and hwasin, but in the reverse. imo its easy to say "predictable" when you're doing well (your predictions are right, after all haha). it's only predictable relative to flash and jaedong.


Well I do see what you're saying, however I still believe this season was more predictable simply because I believe it was highly obvious that S-Class players who are the only S-Class players on their teams would FAR outscore everyone else. In proleague format, they didn't have the opportunity to greatly outscore everyone else, simply because they were limited to a maximum of two games per series. Now they can play up to 4 games per series, which to me, says that S-Class players are worth more than they were pointforpoint than they were last season, and notsogreat players are worth less. So to me (at least in theory, which is all we had to go on at the time of team choice) this season was more predictable. But yeah, the random Notice/Hiya all kills and RorO doing well certainly do hinder my point. =P
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
February 11 2009 21:35 GMT
#597
RorO is actually not so bad... he did pretty well in Round one of proleague. I am VERY surprised that he was not picked by anyone as I had him as one of the better players to pick at 2 points.

Also... Leta and Mind are practically the of the only S/A-class players on OGN and WeMade respectively, but they aren't do as well as might have been expected.
Moderator
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
February 11 2009 21:59 GMT
#598
I see the point about Leta/Mind, but the difference between Flash/Jaedong/Free and Leta/Mind is that with Flash/Jaedong/Free, I'm quite confident that if they manage to take out the initial 'attacker' on them, they will have a high chance at all kill as their opponents become increasingly weak. Not to mention Leta/Mind were HORRENDOUSLY overpriced (in my opinion) due to their amazing performances in the last stage.

I dunno, but even when I was assembling my team I was thinking to myself that the choices were much 'easier' to make than last season for me. It felt much less like I had to take a gamble with my picks and much more calculated. The only real gamble I felt I was taking with this season's team was Savior, and at 2 points, I don't even really think that's much of a gamble.

I will admit that I was dead wrong in my confidence in Tempest though. Even if he was doing well, it wasn't a wise pick... I got too caught up in the 'Bank on KTF' theme and didn't think that one through enough. =P Oh well, we'll see where that ends up... I'm not likely to take a trade for him, but we'll see. haha.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
February 11 2009 22:09 GMT
#599
Thank you + Show Spoiler +
Jaedong all-kill
.

I'm in the 200s!!
Hello
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
February 11 2009 22:11 GMT
#600
On February 12 2009 06:35 semioldguy wrote:
RorO is actually not so bad... he did pretty well in Round one of proleague. I am VERY surprised that he was not picked by anyone as I had him as one of the better players to pick at 2 points.

Also... Leta and Mind are practically the of the only S/A-class players on OGN and WeMade respectively, but they aren't do as well as might have been expected.


I probably would of picked him if he didn't start to slump again after his initial success (beating calm jaedong and july in 1 week). I really like the guy and I'm glad he's doing good again.
Free Palestine
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4537
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
olofmeister543
Beastyqt493
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe314
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
OSC
7h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
OSC
20h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.