• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:34
CEST 04:34
KST 11:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9042 users

Map Making Contest [Art] - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ZhenMiChan
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Netherlands1181 Posts
April 03 2008 13:10 GMT
#81
very interesting maps :D

very skilled people here!
Studying Chinese~
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
April 03 2008 13:57 GMT
#82
On April 03 2008 20:40 VIB wrote:
Me make round 3 player map ^^

Download:
http://rapidshare.de/files/39007955/_3_Round.scm.html

Pic:
[image loading]


My main goal was to promote harassing more harassing and harassing everywhere ^^ Wanted a fast paced map with lots of action.


... terran bunker rush overlooking the opponent's main?
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-03 14:21:48
April 03 2008 14:19 GMT
#83
Bunker, tanks, lurker, mutas, storm, cannons. You could even put a hatchery up there and sunken rush ^^ Like I said, I wanted to value harassing of all kinds. Tho I did make sure that the defender has enough space to put sunken, lurker, cannon, bunkers behind his main mineral line to protect it tho. Plus there are 2 open easy to flank fronts against these types of rushes. So it's not an overpowered unstoppable move. But still veeery strong and you're gonna want to make sure you scout that and try to take over the middle ^^

Fun isn't it? :D
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
April 04 2008 13:31 GMT
#84
cmon guys!! only three days left, make some more maps. its really not that hard.
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 06 2008 21:20 GMT
#85
Less than 6 hours left before deadline. Your mad skillz and reputations are at stake!!!!
Queasy
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States48 Posts
April 07 2008 06:16 GMT
#86
I know I'm past the deadline, but hopefully you can make an exception? I was working on another map for quite awhile, but just wasn't satisfied in the end. So, this is a map I whipped up tonight, and I haven't even gotten a chance to play test it, so I hope nothing is wrong. I've never really tried making a map, so it's probably nothing special.

[2] Rotar 1.0
+ Show Spoiler [Image] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Download Link] +
http://rapidshare.com/files/105497829/_2_Rotar1.0.scm.html


For those curious a picture of the map I gave up on:
[4] Pincer
+ Show Spoiler [Image] +

[image loading]


The tankable main was mostly what irked me the most, and I couldn't think of anything to replace it without making the map more boring than it already is.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 07 2008 12:13 GMT
#87
was working on a map right now, didn't know about this contest ;/ Am I too late to submit?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Resonate
Profile Joined October 2002
United Kingdom8402 Posts
April 07 2008 12:56 GMT
#88
rotar 1.0

not convinced, that central bump makes it a TvT KOTH map =/
Memory lane in nice
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 08 2008 01:16 GMT
#89
Alright, some family stuff came up, so I am going to extend the deadline a week, so keep submitting.
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
April 08 2008 15:13 GMT
#90
On April 07 2008 15:16 Queasy wrote:
[2] Rotar 1.0
+ Show Spoiler [Image] +
[image loading]
I like the concept, can't think of any potential imbalanced match ups.
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
April 08 2008 15:47 GMT
#91
I drew a map on paper. Can I submit that? I don't have the technical skills to actually make it in an editor
Moderator
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 08 2008 17:13 GMT
#92
On April 09 2008 00:47 Chill wrote:
I drew a map on paper. Can I submit that? I don't have the technical skills to actually make it in an editor

I think everybody is just going to start out the game by drawing 24 carriers for themselves.
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
April 08 2008 17:15 GMT
#93
On April 09 2008 00:47 Chill wrote:
I drew a map on paper. Can I submit that? I don't have the technical skills to actually make it in an editor


Chill if you want send me a picture and I'll try to convert it into map form :D

Make sure it's detailed, I don't want like 3 circles on a paper and expect me to make a godly map
^-^
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-08 18:27:10
April 08 2008 17:40 GMT
#94
Rotar 1.0:
Just opened it on on editor and found what could be a mistake. I suppose the cracked cliffs behind the naturals are intended to avoid unit drops? If so you might want to fix the holes in both of them, use the unit layer in stardraft to see it:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

You could even build a turret in some spots. Not sure if it's intentional or not.
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 08 2008 17:44 GMT
#95
Wow, I never used the unit layer when I used to make maps...I would just move the mouse around trying to place a unit and make sure it never turned green.
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-08 23:04:12
April 08 2008 22:59 GMT
#96
I changed a couple of things in my map. Made ramps larger, added ramps to second expo, changed middle expo, made corridors larger and adjusted some distances between bases. Most of it to try to make the map more friendly for pvt and zvt.

(3)Round
download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/105976568/_3_Round.scm.html

pic:
[image loading]

(click to enlarge)
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
Queasy
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States48 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-09 04:08:54
April 09 2008 02:45 GMT
#97
On April 09 2008 02:40 VIB wrote:
Rotar 1.0:
Just opened it on on editor and found what could be a mistake. I suppose the cracked cliffs behind the naturals are intended to avoid unit drops? If so you might want to fix the holes in both of them, use the unit layer in stardraft to see it:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

You could even build a turret in some spots. Not sure if it's intentional or not.


Thanks for pointing these out. I was pretty rushed because I was already past the initial deadline while making it. I'm going to fix this and a few other things in the map.

Edit:

Rotar 1.1:

+ Show Spoiler [image] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [download link] +
http://rapidshare.com/files/106015923/_2_Rotar1.1.scm.html


The changes are minors. I fixed the noted cliffs (I believe so anyways, if there are still any holes, please tell me), I moved the ramp at the bottom main over since it wasn't symmetrical with the other main, I changed the mineral layout in the mains since the gathering times were stupid and I believe that's all. I'm sort of afraid to make any drastic changes unless there are any notable imbalances.
AltaiR_
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Korea (South)922 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-12 01:41:14
April 12 2008 01:36 GMT
#98
can anyone verify that the sprites do appear as assimilators/psi disruptors, not carriers and stuff on my map..oh and...updated...
[image loading]

http://www.panschk.de/mappage/(2)Endeavor1.1(o).scx
Translator
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
April 12 2008 16:25 GMT
#99
yes they do, and the spawningpool . kinda reminds me of an idea ive seen before..
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
April 12 2008 16:50 GMT
#100
On April 09 2008 07:59 VIB wrote:
I changed a couple of things in my map. Made ramps larger, added ramps to second expo, changed middle expo, made corridors larger and adjusted some distances between bases. Most of it to try to make the map more friendly for pvt and zvt.

(3)Round
download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/105976568/_3_Round.scm.html

pic:
[image loading]

(click to enlarge)


hey i like the idea, but i dont think its possible to play on that map seriously. what about moving the main mins/gas a bit? and maybe have like 15 patches, 50 % of them is in the cliffs' reach? i like stacking of teh scv.

+ Show Spoiler +
something like this
[image loading]


and rotar looks cool :D
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1918
GuemChi 1513
Artosis 560
910 72
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Bale 16
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
febbydoto9
Counter-Strike
taco 506
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox507
Other Games
summit1g8204
Doublelift1922
JimRising 583
C9.Mang0356
Day[9].tv339
PiGStarcraft277
Maynarde112
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv339
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 26m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.