• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:20
CEST 19:20
KST 02:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9581 users

Map Making Contest [Art] - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
March 26 2008 18:23 GMT
#41
On March 26 2008 13:41 Nightmarjoo wrote:
Can I use Faoi, despite it being in iCCup?

Why not submit your other recent map?
Invictus was it?
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
March 26 2008 18:27 GMT
#42
if someone wants to test my map

http://home.no/diggurd/Backdooru.scx
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
StripedBlueCrow
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States506 Posts
March 26 2008 19:50 GMT
#43
On March 26 2008 09:29 PsycHOTemplar wrote:
Show nested quote +
My personal belief is that the fastest style minerals changes the game too much, so I would go with the second one. However, in the interest of democracy, I suggest that, if you want to, you post the first idea in the thread to get other's opinions on it, if they say they are ok with it who am I to say different?


[image loading]


What do you say boys? Main's start on null terrain and there are 8 minerals patches of 500 each in a sort of fastest style set up (the idea is that you choose which place to really put your main, and the early buildup goes fast).

My other map is just as extreme in the way it modifies game play, so I don't know. Doubtful anyone wants to play anything so different.


Wow! That map looks awesome! I want to download
Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 26 2008 19:57 GMT
#44
On March 27 2008 04:50 StripedBlueCrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2008 09:29 PsycHOTemplar wrote:
My personal belief is that the fastest style minerals changes the game too much, so I would go with the second one. However, in the interest of democracy, I suggest that, if you want to, you post the first idea in the thread to get other's opinions on it, if they say they are ok with it who am I to say different?


[image loading]


What do you say boys? Main's start on null terrain and there are 8 minerals patches of 500 each in a sort of fastest style set up (the idea is that you choose which place to really put your main, and the early buildup goes fast).

My other map is just as extreme in the way it modifies game play, so I don't know. Doubtful anyone wants to play anything so different.


Wow! That map looks awesome! I want to download

On March 26 2008 11:12 Carkling wrote:
heres link for psychotemplars map

melee: http://www.panschk.de/mappage/(2)Chaos Darkness(n).scm
obs: http://www.panschk.de/mappage/(2)Chaos Darkness(o).scm


Then download it!
On March 27 2008 03:27 diggurd wrote:
if someone wants to test my map

http://home.no/diggurd/Backdooru.scx


The biggest issue I can see just from a quick glance is: how am I supposed to mine the two gases in the island expos? Make two more hatcheries?
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
March 26 2008 20:21 GMT
#45
no, there is just a long way to them, youll have to use atleast 5 workers.
im trying to think outside the box, but hey its 0.1

thx for the attention

the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
March 26 2008 20:56 GMT
#46
Hmm just got an idea. Wouldnt it be interesting with a 1:1 map with 6 (or more) starting positions?
I dont think I have ever seen one used seriously for like 7years or so.
I mean there are alot of interesting things from neutral buildings, spells ect, so why not adding more start positions?
I'm to lazy to make another map but just throwing it out as an inspiration.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
March 26 2008 21:10 GMT
#47
Would it be acceptable if I name my map SexSexPussyHair? I know the name is in contention (Wuthering Heights) (lol) but still...
Peace~
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 26 2008 21:21 GMT
#48
On March 27 2008 06:10 fanatacist wrote:
Would it be acceptable if I name my map SexSexPussyHair? I know the name is in contention (Wuthering Heights) (lol) but still...


As a Trial Admin for Clan Art, I don't have any problems with it :p
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
March 26 2008 21:43 GMT
#49
People had problems when I named my map Hot Vagina backwards, so I would advice you don't.

Hmm just got an idea. Wouldnt it be interesting with a 1:1 map with 6 (or more) starting positions?
I dont think I have ever seen one used seriously for like 7years or so.
I mean there are alot of interesting things from neutral buildings, spells ect, so why not adding more start positions?

How interesting is a map where every expo is just another main/nat? Not very interesting IMO. I did a 5 player map and felt adding anymore expos would put too much money on the map as it was. It was kinda dumb with a funny theme, but honestly nothing special when it comes to game play.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
March 26 2008 22:38 GMT
#50
On March 27 2008 06:21 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2008 06:10 fanatacist wrote:
Would it be acceptable if I name my map SexSexPussyHair? I know the name is in contention (Wuthering Heights) (lol) but still...


As a Trial Admin for Clan Art, I don't have any problems with it :p

They put you in charge? THEY'RE SCREWED T_T

Just kidding. You're not a bad guy haha xD

Anyhow, thanks lol.
Peace~
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
March 26 2008 22:39 GMT
#51
On March 27 2008 07:38 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2008 06:21 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On March 27 2008 06:10 fanatacist wrote:
Would it be acceptable if I name my map SexSexPussyHair? I know the name is in contention (Wuthering Heights) (lol) but still...


As a Trial Admin for Clan Art, I don't have any problems with it :p

They put you in charge? THEY'RE SCREWED T_T

Just kidding. You're not a bad guy haha xD

Anyhow, thanks lol.


No, they're considering putting me semi-in-charge of some things, and me accepting SexSexPussyHair might be a nail in that coffin
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 00:07:32
March 26 2008 22:54 GMT
#52
I think the name SexSexPussyHair gives the map an unfair name based advantage, so I am against it. And don't worry ShaLLoW, this little digression will just be our little secret.

Edit: Or wait, was indiscretion the word I was looking for? Idk, either way, it is a secret.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 15:43:55
March 27 2008 15:41 GMT
#53
Shameful bump for people that didn't see it...sorry Nightmarjoo.
Edit: This is the only time I am doing it though. Also, I am thinking of maybe posting on bwmp or something, is that a good idea or will we just get way too many submissions?
MoNKeYSpanKeR
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2869 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 15:47:56
March 27 2008 15:46 GMT
#54
On March 26 2008 09:29 PsycHOTemplar wrote:
Show nested quote +
My personal belief is that the fastest style minerals changes the game too much, so I would go with the second one. However, in the interest of democracy, I suggest that, if you want to, you post the first idea in the thread to get other's opinions on it, if they say they are ok with it who am I to say different?


[image loading]


What do you say boys? Main's start on null terrain and there are 8 minerals patches of 500 each in a sort of fastest style set up (the idea is that you choose which place to really put your main, and the early buildup goes fast).

My other map is just as extreme in the way it modifies game play, so I don't know. Doubtful anyone wants to play anything so different.

Oh My God.

iloveyou. I love fucked up maps where you can tons of original and fun shit, please direct me to thee nearest DL link. Also need people to message me to play it, since most people i know are gay.

Edit: It's above me Map got me excited and i post too soon
<3's Mani and Seraphim, thx for the second chance. TSL Name: TSL-mSLeGenD
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-27 19:14:59
March 27 2008 15:51 GMT
#55
Don't worry, we are all premature from time to time.

Anyways, I am going to put all the links of possible submissions in the op, or at least ones that the maker supplied the link for. And PsycHOTemplar, it looks like people really liked the map, so I am ok with it.
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-01 16:07:34
March 29 2008 21:59 GMT
#56
im going to bump this so new people might participate, and at the same time post the newest version of my map. i know there is a lot of shit there, and its maybe a bit complicated. this is my first time making map, and it was a lot of fun. hoping for more maps.

http://home.no/diggurd/Backdooru1.0.scx
+ Show Spoiler +

not the correct pic, made a few expo changes.
[image loading]
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
March 30 2008 01:19 GMT
#57
Great job spicing it up with a few doodads. For a first map, it's looking pretty cool. At this point I'd advise removing some of the minerals in the middle expansions. I count 9 for the mineral only and 8 for the middle expos that have gas. I would advise removing the middle expansion or just turning it into one, because if you have one then you probably can take the other one, as well as balancing the mineral onlys because as it is, blue and purple are further away from it than red and teal.
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Piecake
Profile Joined February 2008
United States33 Posts
March 31 2008 05:21 GMT
#58
I haven't made a map before (well I tried one but it failed), but I thought I'd give it a shot. Before I add doodads and submit it, I thought I'd ask here for some feedback.

[image loading]


I think it's a fairly standard map and I've always been fond of 2-player maps. I just want to know if the concept is good and if there are any glaring balance issue. The only things I think might be an issue is the natural not being in front of the main choke, the three bottom expansions being kind of far away and the short drop distance. If you think my concept sucks and I should abandon it, feel free to say that too.

Thanks
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-31 05:26:02
March 31 2008 05:25 GMT
#59
Piecake, I don't know about everyone else but I really like it, be sure to hit me up with a download link even if you decide not to enter it in the contest

I love the overall simplicity and I think it would be a fun standard map to play. I don't know anything about map balance based on layout though.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
March 31 2008 07:43 GMT
#60
You can't make Zerg try to defend that natural without giving them some kind of compensation (which you don't, because you have a cliff with room for tanks above it. Also, the map is really tight (T>ZP P>Z).
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 261
ProTech153
UpATreeSC 115
BRAT_OK 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3697
Bisu 1880
Soulkey 1103
EffOrt 677
Mini 408
Larva 362
Horang2 243
ZerO 222
Dewaltoss 162
actioN 157
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 149
Mind 83
hero 81
Sharp 71
sorry 63
Shinee 59
Sea.KH 51
Barracks 37
Trap 25
Bale 24
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 19
NaDa 17
Rock 13
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 11
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6092
Dendi1405
XaKoH 395
420jenkins329
League of Legends
Reynor67
Counter-Strike
fl0m4723
x6flipin711
pashabiceps705
Fnx 642
edward22
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu279
Other Games
Grubby1720
Liquid`RaSZi1472
FrodaN639
XBOCT251
Livibee174
TKL 134
C9.Mang0111
QueenE86
Mew2King42
RotterdaM26
ZerO(Twitch)22
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV163
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 63
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV765
League of Legends
• Nemesis3432
• TFBlade720
Other Games
• Shiphtur560
• imaqtpie266
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 40m
Patches Events
22h 40m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.