• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9578 users

Zerg FPVod Commentary (Updated September 22nd) - Page 10

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
JIJI
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Canada291 Posts
June 01 2008 02:54 GMT
#181
Excellent stuff Chill. Learned a lot from it. If you have any replays of you being dropped and how you handle them, it would be nice.
Believing forever in sAviOr. Jaedong complete domination. IefNaij scarab explosion. MUCH <3
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
June 01 2008 03:17 GMT
#182
On June 01 2008 11:54 JIJI wrote:
Excellent stuff Chill. Learned a lot from it. If you have any replays of you being dropped and how you handle them, it would be nice.

First post has a lot of replays. ;o
Moderator。◕‿◕。
JIJI
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Canada291 Posts
June 01 2008 03:36 GMT
#183
On June 01 2008 12:17 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2008 11:54 JIJI wrote:
Excellent stuff Chill. Learned a lot from it. If you have any replays of you being dropped and how you handle them, it would be nice.

First post has a lot of replays. ;o

I was only looking at the commentaries..........doh XD I find commentaries more informative though because they give tactical reasoning and such. I'll check out the replays though.
Believing forever in sAviOr. Jaedong complete domination. IefNaij scarab explosion. MUCH <3
oneCrash
Profile Joined June 2008
United States8 Posts
June 07 2008 02:27 GMT
#184
Hey all,

I really appreciated these FPVODs for their quality of play as well as Chill's discussion and thoughts on the various matches. I was comparing these matches to some of the top rated players over at BW:USA and it got me wondering about these comparison of the supposed skill level of the players there versus Chill here, for example. I have played SC off and on, rarely competitively, and yet after just starting practicing and training I find that the play level demonstrated by a lot the non-Korean pros to be with my realm of skill (it's a big realm, I don't mean that I'd win even a quarter of the time, just that I could see myself competing and possibly pulling out wins here and there vs. some of these people).

I ask about the relative levels because, after watching games by Machine, LzGamer, and some other of the BW:USA people, I find that Chill's macro and overall play to be better than a number of the games I've watched. Also, what is the deal with the grades of players that people seem to throw around. I've yet to find a definitive guide as to what makes a C player vs. a B player vs. an A one.

Lastly, does anyone know where i can find quality ZvZ games? That match seems like the most skill intensive of the three due to the obvious symmetry. Any chance of getting a Chill-umentary out on the match-up?

Thanks.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
June 07 2008 02:45 GMT
#185
Welcome to TL.net oneCrash! Chill, I believe if I recall correctly, said that he was not going to make ZvZ FPVods. I don't know if he even plays it or rather plays PvZ instead of ZvZ which seems something very common nowadays. The ranks are basically denoted by iCCup (which is a ladder). C rank is basically 3,000 points to 5,000 points, B rank is 5,000 points to 7,000 points and A rank is 7,000+ (I think I got that right). You get points by winning against enemies but you lose points when you lose, so that's where people get these ranks from.

Machine and LzGamer both qualified for TSL (if you don't know what that is, check the right side of TL.net and you should see a forum called TSL. In theory they should have great macro but it depends, maybe they just had superior game decision making.
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
sprawlers
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway439 Posts
June 07 2008 02:59 GMT
#186
I like it tough I play pretty much identical strategically except but have horrible macro/management, and the fact that i generally spend way more of my minerals on zerglings and less on new expansions. What do you want to accomplish with the mass expo, and do you play this way also when you are in a less commanding position? If the first, seeing a game were you didn't dominate as much would probably have been better. Also tough off topic your ZvT seems a lot better than before, and you're good at building scourges which is so damn easy to forget. Good job.
oneCrash
Profile Joined June 2008
United States8 Posts
June 07 2008 03:14 GMT
#187
Interesting. No, I checked out the TSL and all that good stuff. Chill's macro, build orders, and etc. are korean-esque in the way it maximizes the resources available at any given time. My real disbelief with the ranking is, in watching games of high ranking players who will remain anonymous, I saw them cap out, having forgot their 3rd or 4th ovie, place down 6 sunkens against a crap dozen marine, three medic force, put down pools at like 240, hatches at about 350, forget to go to lair despite having 200+ gas and then not immediately lingspeeding with the leftover, or let a drone get killed be a scouting prove/scv. The biggest thing is that I see their mineral and gas count get higher and higher and higher and yet these players aren't building structures or units.

Furthermore, I am at a loss as to the reason to Overpool (or several strange 11 pool, 10 hatch builds I've seen) as opposed to 9 pool or even 12 pool. I figured that Chill or someone else might have some light on to that. A 9 pool can put out 6 glings by 2:18 and have speed by 3:10, which outright races many of the Bisu variations of toss and can compete with the double gateway openings you see often as the glings, on most maps if you scouted correctly, will be at the front door of the base by 3:00 even on longer maps and in 10 seconds have upgrades. Terran has 2-3 marines by this point, assuming they double rax'd. God forbid they tried some crazy tech or fast expand, then it would probably be game.

So what is the logic behind the Overpool? What does it offer that makes up for the 20-30 delay on glings? I think the 3 hatch is the right against most Terrans and even Toss, if you are careful.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-07 03:52:11
June 07 2008 03:48 GMT
#188
Overpool is generally used either in ZvP or ZvZ, not really in ZvT. What's good about it? The purpose of the zerglings and the timings at which they arrive is not very different - whether you 9 pooled or 9 overpooled, the time your lings get there the toss will have 2 cannons regardless. 9 overpool allows you to get 2 more drones than a 9 pool, allowing you to not take such a heavy blow to economy. As well, overpool allows you to go through multiple paths - one is to kill cannons (not used so much), other is to run past cannons and go into main, and third is just make 4-6 lings to deny scouting while you do some cool tech route or macro up like a macro beast. Overpool is a much better choice because with 9 pool, you are forced to do damage otherwise you are behind. Overpool doesn't get your economy so behind and gives you many options.

I suggest you watch some mondragon replays to see why overpool is so good. (particularly on blue storm)
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
June 08 2008 00:36 GMT
#189
More!
Administrator
kei-clone
Profile Joined June 2008
United States31 Posts
June 10 2008 19:09 GMT
#190
can someone link me to ReT's mutalisk tutorial that Chill was talking about in his first ZvT vid? I can't seem to find it D:
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
June 10 2008 19:12 GMT
#191
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=72048
Administrator
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
June 10 2008 19:13 GMT
#192
It's a part of the replay analysis project.
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
kei-clone
Profile Joined June 2008
United States31 Posts
June 11 2008 18:13 GMT
#193
oh, blah. Didn't know that was the one he was referring to. Guess I must have missed that part of his tutorial.
GunsofthePatriots
Profile Joined August 2007
South Africa991 Posts
June 11 2008 18:14 GMT
#194
OmG chill has a cool voice.
fatalis
Profile Joined July 2008
United States11 Posts
July 02 2008 04:06 GMT
#195
does he have any other commentaries besides these 4? Their really good btw
Rambling.
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada314 Posts
July 02 2008 06:24 GMT
#196
I was wondering if theres something similar to this except sub in protoss for zerg, any1 know where I can see some good FPVOD of Toss in action?
An unfortunate person is one who tries to fart but shits instead
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
July 02 2008 07:18 GMT
#197
On July 02 2008 15:24 Rambling. wrote:
I was wondering if theres something similar to this except sub in protoss for zerg, any1 know where I can see some good FPVOD of Toss in action?



Hmmmm Nony has some floating around here somewhere... I found them on the tracker some time ago... Try searching for Nony's blog
Zerg_Sasuke
Profile Joined June 2008
176 Posts
July 26 2008 15:32 GMT
#198
Muta micro with "H" ? I always used 'a' till now O-O
^^
stk01001
Profile Joined September 2007
United States786 Posts
July 26 2008 23:23 GMT
#199
On July 27 2008 00:32 Zerg_Sasuke wrote:
Muta micro with "H" ? I always used 'a' till now O-O


well, I would say it depends more on what your using it for... like you probably use "A" and target specific units right?? See I prefer right click for that....

when you use hold position, you don't target specific units, you just hit it and let the mutas auto-target.... and he's right it is a lot more effective if you have a large group of mutas and your fighting a group of M&M (you really should try it if you haven't) .. although I find it hard to use hold position in high latency games... I would only reccomend it on LAN or low latency...
a.k.a reLapSe ---
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
July 26 2008 23:37 GMT
#200
On July 27 2008 08:23 stk01001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2008 00:32 Zerg_Sasuke wrote:
Muta micro with "H" ? I always used 'a' till now O-O

well, I would say it depends more on what your using it for... like you probably use "A" and target specific units right?? See I prefer right click for that....


The problem with right-click is if you misclick your Mutalisks fly right into whatever you were trying to kill.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
Nathanias 132
Nina 108
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12910
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2472
JimRising 368
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4994
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu710
Other Games
summit1g7127
fl0m652
shahzam485
ToD177
KnowMe135
FrodaN122
ArmadaUGS118
Mew2King73
JuggernautJason50
NeuroSwarm40
ViBE32
PPMD15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• HerbMon 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen100
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur210
• Scarra134
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 21m
Stellar Fest
15h 21m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.