• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:23
CEST 06:23
KST 13:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7660 users

RapidCasting is back in BSL - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1209 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-11 22:04:23
December 11 2023 21:47 GMT
#121
On December 12 2023 05:47 radley wrote:
To castleMG, fearthqueen, lucky_noob and probably more. Maybe I used misleading meaning for word weirdos, even though I clarified it. I consider you being weirdos too, because you are playing judge even though you state that there was no explanation provided, which is cringe as hell to me and apparently to the most community in Poland. You're brain had been eaten by new world trends, which are probably forced to brainwash every "lesser" being. That's why you probably not gonna think over it, but whatever, my lost. I don't care about your opinion about me at all, so safe your words. Btw. for more correct understanding of weirdos, does for example fondness to manga girls considered weirdo in america, or maybe not? If so and I wanted to, I could give couple of streamer names, just need to log on Twitch during american streaming time to make a list, rotfl. So no, even that would not be based on one man example. Also castleMG, I wrote it many times, but as of Canadian players, I knew around 20-30 players from there and could get well only with one in all my 20 years starcraft history. And he was Japanese. So yeah, maybe I do generalize, but I really don't care.
As for Rapid going silent, we even have old saying in Poland: "only guilty makes explanations". Not many public people go with any official statements, instead just going to court, whether as defending or attacking side in case of false accusations. As I read somewhere else, he supposedly clarified case offline. That's probably why he casted. Whatever that means. For me he was and still is good caster, even though lacking game knowledge he is great when cocasting with someone with good knowledge. If he is not in jail, I prefer him to cast than someone who half-speak english or is just bad caster. I just hope those 10 women watching SCR stream will lookout for private conversations just in case. That's all. Maybe brutal for you but truth.

The Guilty stay silent, and the innocent stay silent. But the bold speak up. If he really wanted to be a character of integrity eventually he would speak up for himself. I can say without any doubt a person who won't stand up for what is right, will fall to their own vices. Still I look at it this way. He is a person who has shown us when he could have spoken out against his accused actions he chose silence and he didn't offer any of the people he hurt an apology. It's just not honorable and just shows a lack of integrity. If he wants to be apart of anything he needs to take those accusations head on.
Flash should fear Sacsri
ZakRoM
Profile Joined December 2018
Costa Rica54 Posts
December 11 2023 21:50 GMT
#122
Saying all westerners are weirdos is like saying all Polish are like Julia, honestly I would think the second is worst lol, but we know none of the both are true. Regarding Rapid there's plenty of evidence, from LoL and from BW, that he did creppy and wrong things, so why do people keep thinking he's been blame for nothing?



LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1593 Posts
December 11 2023 21:57 GMT
#123
On December 12 2023 06:31 radley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2023 06:09 LUCKY_NOOB wrote:
On December 12 2023 05:47 radley wrote:
To castleMG, fearthqueen, lucky_noob and probably more. Maybe I used misleading meaning for word weirdos, even though I clarified it. I consider you being weirdos too, because you are playing judge even though you state that there was no explanation provided, which is cringe as hell to me and apparently to the most community in Poland. You're brain had been eaten by new world trends, which are probably forced to brainwash every "lesser" being. That's why you probably not gonna think over it, but whatever, my lost. I don't care about your opinion about me at all, so safe your words. Btw. for more correct understanding of weirdos, does for example fondness to manga girls considered weirdo in america, or maybe not? If so and I wanted to, I could give couple of streamer names, just need to log on Twitch during american streaming time to make a list, rotfl. So no, even that would not be based on one man example. Also castleMG, I wrote it many times, but as of Canadian players, I knew around 20-30 players from there and could get well only with one in all my 20 years starcraft history. And he was Japanese. So yeah, maybe I do generalize, but I really don't care.
As for Rapid going silent, we even have old saying in Poland: "only guilty makes explanations". Not many public people go with any official statements, instead just going to court, whether as defending or attacking side in case of false accusations. As I read somewhere else, he supposedly clarified case offline. That's probably why he casted. Whatever that means. For me he was and still is good caster, even though lacking game knowledge he is great when cocasting with someone with good knowledge. If he is not in jail, I prefer him to cast than someone who half-speak english or is just bad caster. I just hope those 10 women watching SCR stream will lookout for private conversations just in case. That's all. Maybe brutal for you but truth.


You know BSL as an entity can just leave Rapid to cast. As we've said we are not the law. And there are unfortunately plenty of people like yourself who would excuse way too much apparently. Also a lot of people who don't care either way.

I think the BSL brand will probably go on with or without him casting. Would some people tune out? Sure. Maybe others like yourself would be more attracted to it and make up the difference.

Either way I think if you want to be in the public eye, you address things publicly. Hiding is avoiding discussion, not being brave.

By this old saying you speak of "only guilty makes explanations" I can murder 10 people, remain silent for the rest of my life and that would mean I am not guilty? You don't have to bother responding to this one. It's a rhetorical question.
This is not the standard I think we should conduct ourselves by.

I don't think of you as a lesser being. I always have and always will admire your Wraith play. I just think you are wrong on this issue. I think as long as we can engage in discussion we can figure out what's good for the highest amount of people.
^_._^


Thanks and likewise. As somewhat veteran in internet trolling I really respect ur tryings. Keep the good work and gl with those murders. I just hope the number you've put is only coincidental with the number of women watching starcraft streams I've written. Cause you know, you may ruin your opinion over here that way, even without strong evidence.


I hope you were trolling. I'm a veteran in internet trolling myself. I was great at it when I was about 17-19 years old. A long time ago.

Since then it has occurred to me that some people actually believe and want to stand up for fucked up shit.

Everything said stands no matter if 0 women are watching Starcraft. (maybe some correlation there if this is what we present as desirable... food for thought)

I don't get the last line you wrote.
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
fearthequeen
Profile Joined November 2011
United States788 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-11 22:46:46
December 11 2023 22:21 GMT
#124
On December 12 2023 05:47 radley wrote:
To castleMG, fearthqueen, lucky_noob and probably more. Maybe I used misleading meaning for word weirdos, even though I clarified it. I consider you being weirdos too, because you are playing judge even though you state that there was no explanation provided, which is cringe as hell to me and apparently to the most community in Poland. You're brain had been eaten by new world trends, which are probably forced to brainwash every "lesser" being. That's why you probably not gonna think over it, but whatever, my lost. I don't care about your opinion about me at all, so safe your words. Btw. for more correct understanding of weirdos, does for example fondness to manga girls considered weirdo in america, or maybe not? If so and I wanted to, I could give couple of streamer names, just need to log on Twitch during american streaming time to make a list, rotfl. So no, even that would not be based on one man example. Also castleMG, I wrote it many times, but as of Canadian players, I knew around 20-30 players from there and could get well only with one in all my 20 years starcraft history. And he was Japanese. So yeah, maybe I do generalize, but I really don't care.
As for Rapid going silent, we even have old saying in Poland: "only guilty makes explanations". Not many public people go with any official statements, instead just going to court, whether as defending or attacking side in case of false accusations. As I read somewhere else, he supposedly clarified case offline. That's probably why he casted. Whatever that means. For me he was and still is good caster, even though lacking game knowledge he is great when cocasting with someone with good knowledge. If he is not in jail, I prefer him to cast than someone who half-speak english or is just bad caster. I just hope those 10 women watching SCR stream will lookout for private conversations just in case. That's all. Maybe brutal for you but truth.


We didn't make any judgement, Zero did by banning him in the first place. Have you not considered anyone's argument in this thread at all? You think you're just going to insult the whole Western hemisphere and no one is going to say anything? Your ability to get along with people might be more of a you problem. LMAO
NAKR`flying
radley
Profile Joined August 2008
Poland582 Posts
December 11 2023 22:27 GMT
#125
On December 12 2023 06:57 LUCKY_NOOB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2023 06:31 radley wrote:
On December 12 2023 06:09 LUCKY_NOOB wrote:
On December 12 2023 05:47 radley wrote:
To castleMG, fearthqueen, lucky_noob and probably more. Maybe I used misleading meaning for word weirdos, even though I clarified it. I consider you being weirdos too, because you are playing judge even though you state that there was no explanation provided, which is cringe as hell to me and apparently to the most community in Poland. You're brain had been eaten by new world trends, which are probably forced to brainwash every "lesser" being. That's why you probably not gonna think over it, but whatever, my lost. I don't care about your opinion about me at all, so safe your words. Btw. for more correct understanding of weirdos, does for example fondness to manga girls considered weirdo in america, or maybe not? If so and I wanted to, I could give couple of streamer names, just need to log on Twitch during american streaming time to make a list, rotfl. So no, even that would not be based on one man example. Also castleMG, I wrote it many times, but as of Canadian players, I knew around 20-30 players from there and could get well only with one in all my 20 years starcraft history. And he was Japanese. So yeah, maybe I do generalize, but I really don't care.
As for Rapid going silent, we even have old saying in Poland: "only guilty makes explanations". Not many public people go with any official statements, instead just going to court, whether as defending or attacking side in case of false accusations. As I read somewhere else, he supposedly clarified case offline. That's probably why he casted. Whatever that means. For me he was and still is good caster, even though lacking game knowledge he is great when cocasting with someone with good knowledge. If he is not in jail, I prefer him to cast than someone who half-speak english or is just bad caster. I just hope those 10 women watching SCR stream will lookout for private conversations just in case. That's all. Maybe brutal for you but truth.


You know BSL as an entity can just leave Rapid to cast. As we've said we are not the law. And there are unfortunately plenty of people like yourself who would excuse way too much apparently. Also a lot of people who don't care either way.

I think the BSL brand will probably go on with or without him casting. Would some people tune out? Sure. Maybe others like yourself would be more attracted to it and make up the difference.

Either way I think if you want to be in the public eye, you address things publicly. Hiding is avoiding discussion, not being brave.

By this old saying you speak of "only guilty makes explanations" I can murder 10 people, remain silent for the rest of my life and that would mean I am not guilty? You don't have to bother responding to this one. It's a rhetorical question.
This is not the standard I think we should conduct ourselves by.

I don't think of you as a lesser being. I always have and always will admire your Wraith play. I just think you are wrong on this issue. I think as long as we can engage in discussion we can figure out what's good for the highest amount of people.
^_._^


Thanks and likewise. As somewhat veteran in internet trolling I really respect ur tryings. Keep the good work and gl with those murders. I just hope the number you've put is only coincidental with the number of women watching starcraft streams I've written. Cause you know, you may ruin your opinion over here that way, even without strong evidence.


I don't get the last line you wrote.

Probably that's why I'm bigger veteran than you.
TL+ Member
quaristice
Profile Joined February 2021
171 Posts
December 11 2023 22:28 GMT
#126
the whole bringing east vs west into it is ridiculous, i don't even live to the west of poland
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1593 Posts
December 11 2023 22:37 GMT
#127
On December 12 2023 07:27 radley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2023 06:57 LUCKY_NOOB wrote:
On December 12 2023 06:31 radley wrote:
On December 12 2023 06:09 LUCKY_NOOB wrote:
On December 12 2023 05:47 radley wrote:
To castleMG, fearthqueen, lucky_noob and probably more. Maybe I used misleading meaning for word weirdos, even though I clarified it. I consider you being weirdos too, because you are playing judge even though you state that there was no explanation provided, which is cringe as hell to me and apparently to the most community in Poland. You're brain had been eaten by new world trends, which are probably forced to brainwash every "lesser" being. That's why you probably not gonna think over it, but whatever, my lost. I don't care about your opinion about me at all, so safe your words. Btw. for more correct understanding of weirdos, does for example fondness to manga girls considered weirdo in america, or maybe not? If so and I wanted to, I could give couple of streamer names, just need to log on Twitch during american streaming time to make a list, rotfl. So no, even that would not be based on one man example. Also castleMG, I wrote it many times, but as of Canadian players, I knew around 20-30 players from there and could get well only with one in all my 20 years starcraft history. And he was Japanese. So yeah, maybe I do generalize, but I really don't care.
As for Rapid going silent, we even have old saying in Poland: "only guilty makes explanations". Not many public people go with any official statements, instead just going to court, whether as defending or attacking side in case of false accusations. As I read somewhere else, he supposedly clarified case offline. That's probably why he casted. Whatever that means. For me he was and still is good caster, even though lacking game knowledge he is great when cocasting with someone with good knowledge. If he is not in jail, I prefer him to cast than someone who half-speak english or is just bad caster. I just hope those 10 women watching SCR stream will lookout for private conversations just in case. That's all. Maybe brutal for you but truth.


You know BSL as an entity can just leave Rapid to cast. As we've said we are not the law. And there are unfortunately plenty of people like yourself who would excuse way too much apparently. Also a lot of people who don't care either way.

I think the BSL brand will probably go on with or without him casting. Would some people tune out? Sure. Maybe others like yourself would be more attracted to it and make up the difference.

Either way I think if you want to be in the public eye, you address things publicly. Hiding is avoiding discussion, not being brave.

By this old saying you speak of "only guilty makes explanations" I can murder 10 people, remain silent for the rest of my life and that would mean I am not guilty? You don't have to bother responding to this one. It's a rhetorical question.
This is not the standard I think we should conduct ourselves by.

I don't think of you as a lesser being. I always have and always will admire your Wraith play. I just think you are wrong on this issue. I think as long as we can engage in discussion we can figure out what's good for the highest amount of people.
^_._^


Thanks and likewise. As somewhat veteran in internet trolling I really respect ur tryings. Keep the good work and gl with those murders. I just hope the number you've put is only coincidental with the number of women watching starcraft streams I've written. Cause you know, you may ruin your opinion over here that way, even without strong evidence.


I don't get the last line you wrote.

Probably that's why I'm bigger veteran than you.


You play the "I'm trolling" card that's fine. You wanna weasel your way out of a substantive discussion? This is the thread you choose to troll?

I doubt that if the response in the thread was overwhelmingly in your favor you would have said in the end "guys I was actually trolling and I agree with the original post". But we would never know for sure...

You really owned the libs in this one. ; D
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
castleeMg
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada791 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-11 22:55:53
December 11 2023 22:38 GMT
#128
On December 12 2023 05:47 radley wrote:
To castleMG, fearthqueen, lucky_noob and probably more. Maybe I used misleading meaning for word weirdos, even though I clarified it. I consider you being weirdos too, because you are playing judge even though you state that there was no explanation provided, which is cringe as hell to me and apparently to the most community in Poland. You're brain had been eaten by new world trends, which are probably forced to brainwash every "lesser" being. That's why you probably not gonna think over it, but whatever, my lost. I don't care about your opinion about me at all, so safe your words. Btw. for more correct understanding of weirdos, does for example fondness to manga girls considered weirdo in america, or maybe not? If so and I wanted to, I could give couple of streamer names, just need to log on Twitch during american streaming time to make a list, rotfl. So no, even that would not be based on one man example. Also castleMG, I wrote it many times, but as of Canadian players, I knew around 20-30 players from there and could get well only with one in all my 20 years starcraft history. And he was Japanese. So yeah, maybe I do generalize, but I really don't care.
As for Rapid going silent, we even have old saying in Poland: "only guilty makes explanations". Not many public people go with any official statements, instead just going to court, whether as defending or attacking side in case of false accusations. As I read somewhere else, he supposedly clarified case offline. That's probably why he casted. Whatever that means. For me he was and still is good caster, even though lacking game knowledge he is great when cocasting with someone with good knowledge. If he is not in jail, I prefer him to cast than someone who half-speak english or is just bad caster. I just hope those 10 women watching SCR stream will lookout for private conversations just in case. That's all. Maybe brutal for you but truth.


Like I said, I understand the “innocent until absolutely proven guilty” mentality you have but here’s the thing, no one is gonna take legal action to prove the legitimacy of the claims against Rapid. Probably because it’s not worth the legal fees, time, hassle, stress, etc of the accusers. Also from what I read in the twitlonger posts from the accusers, I don’t think Rapid technically did anything illegal (based on those posts alone). I’m deeply against cancel culture in this sense normally but you have to wonder… why would a bunch of women come out with similar stories at real gaming events that rapid was at accuse him of all this? What’s in it for them to accuse a low tier barely known BW caster? They just all wanted to ruin his career? For what motive? Surely it’s not money, there’s no sense in that. I believe what they’re saying is true because it sounds like they were all weirded out by a guy who had them uncomfortably cornered and they felt like other people should be publicly warned before things escalated. And lets be honest, there won’t be a serious investigation and even if there was, Rapid had these women alone when he did most of the alleged sexual talking, it’ll be his word against theirs if anything went to court. I personally wouldn’t want someone representing my gaming event just because of the deranged behaviour by Rapid that was alleged and even though there’s no 100% proof, you have to weigh why would the accusers put their names on the line? For what? Why would rapid go radio silent for 3 years after? Wouldn’t you vehemently defend yourself with receipts if you were innocent? I sure would. That’s why I have to draw my own conclusions with what happened.

Edit: also I don’t understand the whole western slander thing, it’s just making you look like you generalize certain people which is incredibly ignorant. This also isn’t a political matter in any sense, I know people in this thread with political views that don’t align with mine and they have the same view as me on this topic.
AKA: castle[eMg]@USEast/ iCCup
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1593 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-13 13:39:26
December 11 2023 22:57 GMT
#129
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 12 2023 07:38 castleeMg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2023 05:47 radley wrote:
To castleMG, fearthqueen, lucky_noob and probably more. Maybe I used misleading meaning for word weirdos, even though I clarified it. I consider you being weirdos too, because you are playing judge even though you state that there was no explanation provided, which is cringe as hell to me and apparently to the most community in Poland. You're brain had been eaten by new world trends, which are probably forced to brainwash every "lesser" being. That's why you probably not gonna think over it, but whatever, my lost. I don't care about your opinion about me at all, so safe your words. Btw. for more correct understanding of weirdos, does for example fondness to manga girls considered weirdo in america, or maybe not? If so and I wanted to, I could give couple of streamer names, just need to log on Twitch during american streaming time to make a list, rotfl. So no, even that would not be based on one man example. Also castleMG, I wrote it many times, but as of Canadian players, I knew around 20-30 players from there and could get well only with one in all my 20 years starcraft history. And he was Japanese. So yeah, maybe I do generalize, but I really don't care.
As for Rapid going silent, we even have old saying in Poland: "only guilty makes explanations". Not many public people go with any official statements, instead just going to court, whether as defending or attacking side in case of false accusations. As I read somewhere else, he supposedly clarified case offline. That's probably why he casted. Whatever that means. For me he was and still is good caster, even though lacking game knowledge he is great when cocasting with someone with good knowledge. If he is not in jail, I prefer him to cast than someone who half-speak english or is just bad caster. I just hope those 10 women watching SCR stream will lookout for private conversations just in case. That's all. Maybe brutal for you but truth.


Like I said, I understand the “innocent until absolutely proven guilty” mentality you have but here’s the thing, no one is gonna take legal action to prove the legitimacy of the claims against Rapid. Probably because it’s not worth the legal fees, time, hassle, stress, etc of the accusers. Also from what I read in the twitlonger posts from the accusers, I don’t think Rapid technically did anything illegal (based on those posts alone). I’m deeply against cancel culture in this sense normally but you have to wonder… why would a bunch of women come out with similar stories at real gaming events that rapid was at accuse him of all this? What’s in it for them to accuse a low tier barely known BW caster? They just all wanted to ruin his career? For what motive? Surely it’s not money, there’s no sense in that. I believe what they’re saying is true because it sounds like they were all weirded out by a guy who had them uncomfortably cornered and they felt like other people should be publicly warned before things escalated. And lets be honest, there won’t be a serious investigation and even if there was, Rapid had these women alone when he did most of the alleged sexual talking, it’ll be his word against theirs if anything went to court. I personally wouldn’t want someone representing my gaming event just because of the ethics of what was alleged and the fact that even though there’s no 100% proof, you have to weigh why would the accusers put their names on the line? For what? Why would rapid go radio silent for 3 years after? Wouldn’t you vehemently defend yourself if you were innocent with receipts? I sure would. That’s why I have to draw my own conclusions with what happened.


This was pointed out to me. I'm no lawyer. Apparently even mentioning there MIGHT be an issue is "drama" for some people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_grooming

I want to add something to your post.

Just because someone has a lot of money or status or whatever does not mean they didn't do anything wrong in situations like these.

Of course false accusations are horrible whoever is making them. And victims of those can also pursue legal action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

My very limited understanding on the subject is that if you can prove you lost money by being fired from a job because someone said false things about you, you can sue them for that money or some compensation.

A lot of things settle out of court too. You may be barred from giving details but you can always say "it's been settled, I can't talk about it legally" whatever the case may be...

Just something that came to mind.

P.S. I miss people on the internet that have different political views but can have a discussion with and agree on some core values or basic things. Glad we are not all extinct. ^_._^
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44322 Posts
December 11 2023 23:11 GMT
#130
It’s not cancel culture to not want to hang out with certain people or have them represent your brand. There’s no right to being a brand ambassador nor to being a member of specific communities. But in any case Rapid voluntarily abandoned the community with no explanation 3 years ago.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
psd
Profile Joined February 2016
France94 Posts
December 12 2023 00:23 GMT
#131
A statement from bsl would be welcome. the discussion about rapid being guilty is pointless right now since he was banned 3 years ago anyway. Him poping random at a bsl event make no sense without some explaination.
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1209 Posts
December 12 2023 01:47 GMT
#132
Don't expect a statement from BSL until after Thailand if it ever comes.
Flash should fear Sacsri
TMNT
Profile Joined January 2021
3372 Posts
December 12 2023 02:50 GMT
#133
It seems like some of you guys havent realized that one of the main organizers of this BSL already made some sort of a statement by editing his original post in the first page of this thread. Go back to #14 pls.

My tldr interpretation of that cryptic message is:
- He acknowledged that Rapid did a very stupid thing
- But he spent his own time and money to attend this event and none of the participants oppose to it
- And he's been helpful to the event, doing it for free and on goodwill

MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
December 12 2023 05:39 GMT
#134
The damage is already done and whoever invited rapid is to blame.

Someone is friend with rapid and that meant more than BSL reputation.

If hes still at the event hiding from camera doesnt make it better.
-.-
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1209 Posts
December 12 2023 06:00 GMT
#135
On December 10 2023 00:52 Rus_Brain wrote:
I have seen a man who, having received funds, failed in job of financial management, yet paradoxically, now champion the cause of accountability for others. Remarkably, he sit comfortably in his chair, his presence known only online.

When given the chance to support a good cause, another individual I've encountered would rather have collected a lottery windfall for himself than contribute to a worthy charity. He resides in his virtual domain much like the first one.

A different character caught my attention, is trying very hard to keep his anger ringfenced until such an anger becomes publicly acceptable, at least in this one topic of discussion. So too he does stay sitting, limiting his activities to the virtual world.

I have noticed another one who managed to curse his patron following return to the online domain, after receiving a substantial sum of money to fund his lifelong ambition, and after having an opportunity to resolve his issues face-to-face in person.

Yet, there is more to this tale. I've encountered a person who committed an action so dumbfuck that one might deem it the epitome of folly. Lord have mercy on him; he refrained from blatantly criminal actions. But he did expend both his time and resources to attend this once per quarter century offline gathering. Interestingly, not a single soul objected to this person's appearance or questioned the event's organizers in real life.

The dramatic shift in last one's professional trajectory, however, is arguably the most surprising turn of events. A person who, looking at the big picture, went from making money to making amusement for a tiny collective. He also committed his own time and money to attend an offline meeting. But instead of praise, he was attacked and threatened with having support revoked. These actions stemmed from his unintentional handing off of some tasks during the group stages so that he may take part in the tournament as a participant. Note, that he remained steadfast in his commitment to deliver online content to the audience, even though the notion of an online broadcast had never been part of other organizers' initial plan.

Perhaps I'm just a traditionalist who struggles to zoom out and differentiate between all these situations mentioned above, contemplating the intricacies of human behavior, valuing in-person interactions as significant and downplaying the importance of virtual ones. Naturally, I just can't grasp an obvious thing, that the event organizers "should have" worked extra shifts for a few months to save up enough money to hire a web commentator that the bestowed online elite would have enjoyed listening to.


Do you aknowledge that the actions of a person who has made unwanted sexual advances to be a person you want to be associated with?

If not then would you feel comfortable having this person around people you care about knowing there is a chance they can make unwanted sexual advances?

If proven that all his sexual advances were true then leads to an uncomfortable atmosphere, would you condemn his actions, or continue to allow him to be at your hosted event?

Then would you take responsibility if a sexual abuse occured at the event? Or just pass it off despite several warnings, a pattern of abuses, and members not as much concerned about the event, but the safety of the people who attend.
Flash should fear Sacsri
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-12 06:21:02
December 12 2023 06:15 GMT
#136
Fuck Rapid and anyone who supports him.

To Rapid's supporters/defenders/enablers/East vs. West ideology grandstanders (wtf even?): what is more likely: there was extensive collusion to besmirch the character of a shitty caster who barely knew Brood War even when he was active, the conspiracy spanning several years and involving multiple plaintiffs from different communities...

OR

He's just a piece of shit who did disgusting things, has never acknowledged the situation even so far as to claim innocence or make counter-arguments, has never apologized if guilty, has never made amends, and just wants to slither quietly back into a scene he's been rightfully shunned from because no one else will take him?

Occam's razor is clear here. Fuck Rapid and anyone who supports him.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1593 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-12 07:41:03
December 12 2023 07:10 GMT
#137
On December 12 2023 11:50 TMNT wrote:
It seems like some of you guys havent realized that one of the main organizers of this BSL already made some sort of a statement by editing his original post in the first page of this thread. Go back to #14 pls.

My tldr interpretation of that cryptic message is:
- He acknowledged that Rapid did a very stupid thing
- But he spent his own time and money to attend this event and none of the participants oppose to it
- And he's been helpful to the event, doing it for free and on goodwill



I think you are right. Well said "some sort of a statement" and "cryptic message". Not a ringing endorsement.

I am glad he spent his own time and money. I have a hard time to believe he did it for the love of Brood War that his knowledge seems lacking at best.

I do not expect the participants to know Rapid's history as he's been missing for so long. If it was me there I would assume everything is good because I trust the organizers.

I'm sure he's fun to talk to in person. That is not the issue..
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1593 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-12-12 07:42:02
December 12 2023 07:14 GMT
#138
On December 12 2023 14:39 MeSaber wrote:
The damage is already done and whoever invited rapid is to blame.

Someone is friend with rapid and that meant more than BSL reputation.

If hes still at the event hiding from camera doesnt make it better.


It makes it a little better for me as a viewer and listener. I'll take what I can get...

I don't think he's hiding from camera. Pretty sure I saw him in the background on the couch.
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
quaristice
Profile Joined February 2021
171 Posts
December 12 2023 08:38 GMT
#139
i don't like the idea of taking what rus_brain said and automatically assuming it represents how zzzero feels. i would prefer to hear from the guy. i can understand not finding the time to speak on it while organizing a tournament. i hope he takes the time to post about it after he's had some rest.
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1593 Posts
December 12 2023 09:08 GMT
#140
On December 12 2023 17:38 quaristice wrote:
i don't like the idea of taking what rus_brain said and automatically assuming it represents how zzzero feels. i would prefer to hear from the guy. i can understand not finding the time to speak on it while organizing a tournament. i hope he takes the time to post about it after he's had some rest.


Would be nice to get ZZZero's perspective as well of course.

However this is in the Bombastic 25th Anniversary LAN: 09 - 12 December thread:

ORGANIZERS
Rus_Brain - Offline organization and logistics
ZZZero - Online organization and stream production

and Brain is also funding the bigger part of the tournament afaIk. So it's not like it's a random person talking...
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 77
Nina 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2383
Shinee 60
NotJumperer 17
Noble 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1295
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 673
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft508
Other Games
summit1g7167
Coldzera 755
C9.Mang0318
PiGStarcraft241
ArmadaUGS33
RuFF_SC215
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick891
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream406
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1196
• Rush948
• Stunt245
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.