• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:35
CEST 16:35
KST 23:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8086 users

CPL 9 WHEN? - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3561 Posts
November 16 2022 15:43 GMT
#21
On November 16 2022 12:00 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2022 03:47 WGT-Baal wrote:
On November 16 2022 02:13 Jealous wrote:
Getting Involved:

OP says CPL 8 ended ages ago. Mutaller says CPL "9" is his favorite tournament (guessing it was 8). However, the CPL 8 Liquipedia page is still woefully outdated.

Seeding page is using outdated tables and has huge red warning labels about the time for running scripts expiring:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Seeding/Week 1

Regular season results are not updated after Week 3:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Regular Season/Week 1

VODs only up to Week 2 are added to the VODs list:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/VODs

Playoffs page is empty, I don't see who the winner of this tournament that "ended an eternity ago" is:
(Wiki)index.php?title=Coach Pupil League/8/Playoffs&action=edit&redlink=1

If someone were to click the CPL main page, they would be under the impression that CPL 8 never even happened:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League

So, all of you fans who want to do pointless activism on the forums to apply pressure to the people who actually do the work, here is a way for you to actually get involved. Start collecting information. Reach out to players and organizers for resources. EDIT: I just checked the CPL Discord, and an organizer uploaded not only all the replays but also all the results into a spreadsheet in #announcements it seems? Very easy to start going through and updating info.

Start coding new results tables, copying templates, etc. If you love CPL and want it back so desperately, why are you doing no work to make it happen? If CPL 8 was your favorite tournament, why are you allowing the Liquipedia associated with it to be in disrepair? Anyone can edit Liquipedia if they have a TeamLiquid account.

I expect OP, and every person who is here trying to apply pressure on the organizers, to demonstrate their passion by actually "getting involved" and fixing this situation.


I think this was more tongue in cheek but everything you do highlight needs to be done for sure.

Btw, would you join next CPL whenever that is? you do have a wealth of knowledge with builds etc

Even if it is tongue-in-cheek, as a former admin, I get vicariously annoyed when people who aren't doing any work are demanding services from the people who do the work. You wouldn't go into a restaurant and order food and then yell loudly "WHERE IS MY FOOD WHEN WILL IT COME." CPL administration are unpaid volunteers so let them work at their own pace, I am sure they are not holding out on the community on purpose or because they just feel like torturing people with uncertainty. I find posts like this to be rude and selfish. And, as you agreed, there remains a ton of purely manual data-entry type work that literally anyone can do.

My knowledge is outdated, I am 100% washed because I only play once in a blue moon, and I don't have the time to invest in CPL, but thank you.

PS: Opinions are my own, I don't represent CPL in any way.


there goes my dream of having a team of old school admins, I m devastated!

But yeah actually having some sort of wish list from the CPL folks would be good, so we (the community) could help. Also pooling some admins between competitions if we can agree on an alternate schedule to reduce overlap would be very good, BWCL staff does an amazing job and I am proud to have them in my admin team but more people would help spread the workload for everyone and also bring in more admins to the scene in general.
A sort of CPL for admins in a way to get new blood in ^^ start chill and then get some sort of experience and divide the tasks.

In fact I would even go further and hope we ll have some sort of admin council so we can reach consensus decisions on common issues : common rules, common ban list, schedule discussion to avoid major problems (eg: CPL playof same time as BWCL playoff while BSL and SB 2v2 tours are on going, all usually culminating around 19:00 CET Sunday need not be a common situation, we can and should work around it)
Horang2 fan
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
November 16 2022 20:04 GMT
#22
On November 17 2022 00:43 WGT-Baal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2022 12:00 Jealous wrote:
On November 16 2022 03:47 WGT-Baal wrote:
On November 16 2022 02:13 Jealous wrote:
Getting Involved:

OP says CPL 8 ended ages ago. Mutaller says CPL "9" is his favorite tournament (guessing it was 8). However, the CPL 8 Liquipedia page is still woefully outdated.

Seeding page is using outdated tables and has huge red warning labels about the time for running scripts expiring:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Seeding/Week 1

Regular season results are not updated after Week 3:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Regular Season/Week 1

VODs only up to Week 2 are added to the VODs list:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/VODs

Playoffs page is empty, I don't see who the winner of this tournament that "ended an eternity ago" is:
(Wiki)index.php?title=Coach Pupil League/8/Playoffs&action=edit&redlink=1

If someone were to click the CPL main page, they would be under the impression that CPL 8 never even happened:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League

So, all of you fans who want to do pointless activism on the forums to apply pressure to the people who actually do the work, here is a way for you to actually get involved. Start collecting information. Reach out to players and organizers for resources. EDIT: I just checked the CPL Discord, and an organizer uploaded not only all the replays but also all the results into a spreadsheet in #announcements it seems? Very easy to start going through and updating info.

Start coding new results tables, copying templates, etc. If you love CPL and want it back so desperately, why are you doing no work to make it happen? If CPL 8 was your favorite tournament, why are you allowing the Liquipedia associated with it to be in disrepair? Anyone can edit Liquipedia if they have a TeamLiquid account.

I expect OP, and every person who is here trying to apply pressure on the organizers, to demonstrate their passion by actually "getting involved" and fixing this situation.


I think this was more tongue in cheek but everything you do highlight needs to be done for sure.

Btw, would you join next CPL whenever that is? you do have a wealth of knowledge with builds etc

Even if it is tongue-in-cheek, as a former admin, I get vicariously annoyed when people who aren't doing any work are demanding services from the people who do the work. You wouldn't go into a restaurant and order food and then yell loudly "WHERE IS MY FOOD WHEN WILL IT COME." CPL administration are unpaid volunteers so let them work at their own pace, I am sure they are not holding out on the community on purpose or because they just feel like torturing people with uncertainty. I find posts like this to be rude and selfish. And, as you agreed, there remains a ton of purely manual data-entry type work that literally anyone can do.

My knowledge is outdated, I am 100% washed because I only play once in a blue moon, and I don't have the time to invest in CPL, but thank you.

PS: Opinions are my own, I don't represent CPL in any way.


there goes my dream of having a team of old school admins, I m devastated!

But yeah actually having some sort of wish list from the CPL folks would be good, so we (the community) could help. Also pooling some admins between competitions if we can agree on an alternate schedule to reduce overlap would be very good, BWCL staff does an amazing job and I am proud to have them in my admin team but more people would help spread the workload for everyone and also bring in more admins to the scene in general.
A sort of CPL for admins in a way to get new blood in ^^ start chill and then get some sort of experience and divide the tasks.

In fact I would even go further and hope we ll have some sort of admin council so we can reach consensus decisions on common issues : common rules, common ban list, schedule discussion to avoid major problems (eg: CPL playof same time as BWCL playoff while BSL and SB 2v2 tours are on going, all usually culminating around 19:00 CET Sunday need not be a common situation, we can and should work around it)

All wonderful ideas IMO
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Esk4l4de
Profile Joined December 2020
Canada17 Posts
November 17 2022 16:06 GMT
#23
Hello, I didnt want to start any fire with this post. I know how admining a league is. this tread is moslty a joke. I know all the staff members that works for CPL. If you read carefully I just mentionned I did a meme per day about CPL 9 when? it was moslty a reply to Y2kid promoting a coach showmatch for CPL and I tought it would be funny if I did a post here. Don't get me wrong, I am a team admin and an app tester for CPL. I know I am not part of the real staff people but the purpose of this post is not to put any pressure on them. I am aware the % of chance next CPL will be before xmas is pretty low.If you would be in the CPL you would have understand its a joke but I get it you are not there and it might have sound annoying for you.If you want to talk more about it fine but I consider this part of the conversation closed. Also if you know some people that want to learn more about broodwar low money 1vs1, dont hesitate to share the discord link above.

On November 16 2022 12:00 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2022 03:47 WGT-Baal wrote:
On November 16 2022 02:13 Jealous wrote:
Getting Involved:

OP says CPL 8 ended ages ago. Mutaller says CPL "9" is his favorite tournament (guessing it was 8). However, the CPL 8 Liquipedia page is still woefully outdated.

Seeding page is using outdated tables and has huge red warning labels about the time for running scripts expiring:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Seeding/Week 1

Regular season results are not updated after Week 3:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Regular Season/Week 1

VODs only up to Week 2 are added to the VODs list:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/VODs

Playoffs page is empty, I don't see who the winner of this tournament that "ended an eternity ago" is:
(Wiki)index.php?title=Coach Pupil League/8/Playoffs&action=edit&redlink=1

If someone were to click the CPL main page, they would be under the impression that CPL 8 never even happened:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League

So, all of you fans who want to do pointless activism on the forums to apply pressure to the people who actually do the work, here is a way for you to actually get involved. Start collecting information. Reach out to players and organizers for resources. EDIT: I just checked the CPL Discord, and an organizer uploaded not only all the replays but also all the results into a spreadsheet in #announcements it seems? Very easy to start going through and updating info.

Start coding new results tables, copying templates, etc. If you love CPL and want it back so desperately, why are you doing no work to make it happen? If CPL 8 was your favorite tournament, why are you allowing the Liquipedia associated with it to be in disrepair? Anyone can edit Liquipedia if they have a TeamLiquid account.

I expect OP, and every person who is here trying to apply pressure on the organizers, to demonstrate their passion by actually "getting involved" and fixing this situation.


I think this was more tongue in cheek but everything you do highlight needs to be done for sure.

Btw, would you join next CPL whenever that is? you do have a wealth of knowledge with builds etc

Even if it is tongue-in-cheek, as a former admin, I get vicariously annoyed when people who aren't doing any work are demanding services from the people who do the work. You wouldn't go into a restaurant and order food and then yell loudly "WHERE IS MY FOOD WHEN WILL IT COME." CPL administration are unpaid volunteers so let them work at their own pace, I am sure they are not holding out on the community on purpose or because they just feel like torturing people with uncertainty. I find posts like this to be rude and selfish. And, as you agreed, there remains a ton of purely manual data-entry type work that literally anyone can do.

My knowledge is outdated, I am 100% washed because I only play once in a blue moon, and I don't have the time to invest in CPL, but thank you.

PS: Opinions are my own, I don't represent CPL in any way.

nOm co-leader, admin of CPL, BWCL LL, CSL, NWL, NSL
Dada_
Profile Joined November 2009
Netherlands26 Posts
November 17 2022 17:59 GMT
#24
Guys, don't worry, Esk is just joshing. He's been vicariously stomping his feet demanding the start of CPL 9, but we love him for it. Speaking as current active staff member of CPL, there's no hate or "I want to see the manager" going on here, it's just an in-joke.

Speaking of the Liquipedia stuff, this is something I'm going to be working on soon. Unfortunately I've had some problems with their templates and since CPL is such an unimportant tourney to them they don't want to do anything about it (like the preseason results being broken when using the new templates, but not with the old... among other things). So we have to do it exactly the way they say or the edits simply won't be approved. I'll have to update my scripts that convert database results into Mediawiki code at some point.
Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerglings
y2kid
Profile Joined May 2018
92 Posts
November 17 2022 21:55 GMT
#25
As a (current) CPL admin I can shed some light around this. Thanks @Jealous for defending us, I think Esk's post here was more intended at meming and raising awareness than anything else. I can confirm that we, the CPL staff are working towards the new season and all I can say is that everyone interested should keep an eye on our discord servers as well as TL for future announcements. I wish I could say more but at this point I can only confirm that an announcement will come very soon but cannot be more concrete.

Re the outdated liquidpedia page. One of our members in the staff team was responsible for updating these, but their updates kept being delayed because afaik they were using templates that were no longer endorsed by the latest standards for liquidpedia pages. In the end it turned out that it was a lot more effort than it was worth and we do keep updates and records on our discord server as well as our relatively new CPL webapp. It launched last season and we are continuing to work on it, so it can be a single place of reference where people can find all sorts of facts about the league and its participants.

Also, we have done a huge effort in stream coverage this past season and all of our official and affiliated casts can be found on the CPL youtube page. What LUCKY_NOOB suggests about the donations will definitely not hurt but, personal opinion, it would not speed-up the process either. Since, as Jealous said we are all volunteers and we are doing it on best effort basis. It is unlikely that the community will be able to muster enough funds to make it financially worth it for us to organize CPL, but all donations have currently been returned to the community in terms of in-house tournaments (e.g., CPL Royale) and other sponsored events such as coach show-matches.

Hope this helps by providing some insights and would prevent this thread degenerating into personal opinions.

Opinions here are my own but I am also a CPL staff so I do represent CPL ^^
Leonix
Profile Joined June 2019
161 Posts
November 18 2022 05:37 GMT
#26
When it is ready.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 18 2022 16:18 GMT
#27
On November 16 2022 02:13 Jealous wrote:
Getting Involved:

OP says CPL 8 ended ages ago. Mutaller says CPL "9" is his favorite tournament (guessing it was 8). However, the CPL 8 Liquipedia page is still woefully outdated.

Seeding page is using outdated tables and has huge red warning labels about the time for running scripts expiring:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Seeding/Week 1

Regular season results are not updated after Week 3:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Regular Season/Week 1

VODs only up to Week 2 are added to the VODs list:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/VODs

Playoffs page is empty, I don't see who the winner of this tournament that "ended an eternity ago" is:
(Wiki)index.php?title=Coach Pupil League/8/Playoffs&action=edit&redlink=1

If someone were to click the CPL main page, they would be under the impression that CPL 8 never even happened:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League

So, all of you fans who want to do pointless activism on the forums to apply pressure to the people who actually do the work, here is a way for you to actually get involved. Start collecting information. Reach out to players and organizers for resources. EDIT: I just checked the CPL Discord, and an organizer uploaded not only all the replays but also all the results into a spreadsheet in #announcements it seems? Very easy to start going through and updating info.

Start coding new results tables, copying templates, etc. If you love CPL and want it back so desperately, why are you doing no work to make it happen? If CPL 8 was your favorite tournament, why are you allowing the Liquipedia associated with it to be in disrepair? Anyone can edit Liquipedia if they have a TeamLiquid account.

I expect OP, and every person who is here trying to apply pressure on the organizers, to demonstrate their passion by actually "getting involved" and fixing this situation.


Not surprised Jealous is completely correct about what people ought to do.


EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1602 Posts
November 19 2022 09:44 GMT
#28
On November 19 2022 01:18 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2022 02:13 Jealous wrote:
Getting Involved:

OP says CPL 8 ended ages ago. Mutaller says CPL "9" is his favorite tournament (guessing it was 8). However, the CPL 8 Liquipedia page is still woefully outdated.

Seeding page is using outdated tables and has huge red warning labels about the time for running scripts expiring:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Seeding/Week 1

Regular season results are not updated after Week 3:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/Regular Season/Week 1

VODs only up to Week 2 are added to the VODs list:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League/8/VODs

Playoffs page is empty, I don't see who the winner of this tournament that "ended an eternity ago" is:
(Wiki)index.php?title=Coach Pupil League/8/Playoffs&action=edit&redlink=1

If someone were to click the CPL main page, they would be under the impression that CPL 8 never even happened:
(Wiki)Coach Pupil League

So, all of you fans who want to do pointless activism on the forums to apply pressure to the people who actually do the work, here is a way for you to actually get involved. Start collecting information. Reach out to players and organizers for resources. EDIT: I just checked the CPL Discord, and an organizer uploaded not only all the replays but also all the results into a spreadsheet in #announcements it seems? Very easy to start going through and updating info.

Start coding new results tables, copying templates, etc. If you love CPL and want it back so desperately, why are you doing no work to make it happen? If CPL 8 was your favorite tournament, why are you allowing the Liquipedia associated with it to be in disrepair? Anyone can edit Liquipedia if they have a TeamLiquid account.

I expect OP, and every person who is here trying to apply pressure on the organizers, to demonstrate their passion by actually "getting involved" and fixing this situation.


Not surprised Jealous is completely correct about what people ought to do.




But don't tellim that... Hell be impossibru now. ^_._^

Also L_Master is alive! Neet.

As much as I LOVE liquipedia and every1 who's ever contributed to it, I don't think having the results there helps.

For example:
(Wiki)2007 EVER OSL/Offline Preliminaries

Maybe more admins, mods and coaches would help spread the workload? I forgot if some1 suggested that already and can't find it in the thread...

Thanks for the info y2kid! And keep up the great work. https://cplbw.com/cpl/
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5928 Posts
November 19 2022 12:23 GMT
#29
What? For any tournament people are interested in the results. Preliminaries results give insight why a certain player didn't make it into the tournament. "Why wasn't Jaehoon in OSL 2007? Wasn't Jaehoon pretty good back then? Maybe it is on liquipedia? Oh... Wait... I see... The Dong killed him in the preliminaries. No wonder."

On November 16 2022 02:13 Jealous wrote:
Anyone can edit Liquipedia if they have a TeamLiquid account.


I totally get Jealous' post. If everyone just consumes and demands nothing will happen. This whole forum, the BW community is a team effort. After you've consumed and consumed it's time to start giving back, so a new generation can do it all over again. Ideally you consume and contribute.

For anyone anxious about editing liquipedia or creating a thread on TL you can always PM a user with experience and they will usually be more than happy to help you on your way.

I encourage anyone to contribute: it will improve your skills, knowledge, understanding and appreciation. It's fun to learn something new and create something you can feel proud of and have fellow fans enjoy it (even long after you're gone).
FBH #1!
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1602 Posts
November 19 2022 15:54 GMT
#30
On November 19 2022 21:23 Peeano wrote:
What? For any tournament people are interested in the results. Preliminaries results give insight why a certain player didn't make it into the tournament. "Why wasn't Jaehoon in OSL 2007? Wasn't Jaehoon pretty good back then? Maybe it is on liquipedia? Oh... Wait... I see... The Dong killed him in the preliminaries. No wonder."

Show nested quote +
On November 16 2022 02:13 Jealous wrote:
Anyone can edit Liquipedia if they have a TeamLiquid account.


I totally get Jealous' post. If everyone just consumes and demands nothing will happen. This whole forum, the BW community is a team effort. After you've consumed and consumed it's time to start giving back, so a new generation can do it all over again. Ideally you consume and contribute.

For anyone anxious about editing liquipedia or creating a thread on TL you can always PM a user with experience and they will usually be more than happy to help you on your way.

I encourage anyone to contribute: it will improve your skills, knowledge, understanding and appreciation. It's fun to learn something new and create something you can feel proud of and have fellow fans enjoy it (even long after you're gone).


Of course we are all interested in the results. My point is it's low on the priority list to run CPL. Unless it's being used as a live bracket or something.

By the way I would argue participation is contribution. It's not like some1 new just arrived and demanded it runs this second so they can join.. ^_._^
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-19 19:10:28
November 19 2022 19:02 GMT
#31
On November 20 2022 00:54 LUCKY_NOOB wrote:
My point is it's low on the priority list to run CPL.

And my point is that unlike many other things which go into doing CPL work, it's something that can be crowdsourced, which will simultaneously lighten the collective load on administration and not contribute any additional labor to their plate in terms of organizing/delegating, because it's available to everyone. It's one less thing on their plate. I know that when I was an admin, doing Liquipedia work all by myself was overwhelming, time-consuming, often annoying, and felt like a thankless but unfortunately necessary part of the job. A current administrator who was previously overburdened by this project can now instead turn their time and attention to a different aspect of CPL, thus potentially facilitating the process of organizing the next iteration. Having a group of people dividing the workload is also a boon to one's very perception of the task, making it feel more manageable and less monumental.

I don't see why you're so hellbent on arguing against it. Perhaps you could enlighten me: what is your counter-proposal for what the average TeamLiquid user/CPL player can do right now to assist the administrators? What are you doing to facilitate the return of CPL that is so much more effective? I'm curious.

On November 19 2022 01:18 L_Master wrote:
Not surprised Jealous is completely correct about what people ought to do.

Miss you bb <3

On November 19 2022 21:23 Peeano wrote:
I totally get Jealous' post. If everyone just consumes and demands nothing will happen. This whole forum, the BW community is a team effort. After you've consumed and consumed it's time to start giving back, so a new generation can do it all over again. Ideally you consume and contribute.

☝️ ☝️ ☝️
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1602 Posts
November 20 2022 15:04 GMT
#32
I just think that if a person is capable of editing liquipedia then their EffOrt could be spent elsewhere inside the actual organisation of the teams and w/e the rest is. If it really helps that much by all means go for it first. I just doubt that it does.

I tell every single new or returning player I see to join the CPL (arguably making it harder on current staff). And you?

On the point of updating liquipedia, can't the scores just be screenshotted over? As an embedded image? Seems that would be much easier than whatever the current rule is? They are made first at the CPL website right...
(I think this is a separete thread).
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Lightswarm
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada967 Posts
November 20 2022 15:19 GMT
#33
@Jealous, if the intention is to have CPL be more crowdsourced, the project needs a better way of communicating that to people. Is there a page where all of the TODOs are gathered and checked off? Where are people suppose to find out current status of things?

At least have something equivalent to a GitHub page where the development can be tracked. Right now, we are just using TL.net threads to discuss this
Team[AoV]
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 26 2022 04:27 GMT
#34
On November 19 2022 01:18 L_Master wrote:
Not surprised Jealous is completely correct about what people ought to do.

Miss you bb <3

Cautiously optimistic I'll be decently back within the next year or two.

It's been so long. Miss the game, miss casting, miss all the cool people. Just too addictive for my dopamine starved ADHD brain. Sorting stuff out so that I can "afford" (in more ways than one) that addiction

EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-26 14:41:11
November 26 2022 13:00 GMT
#35
On November 21 2022 00:19 Lightswarm wrote:
@Jealous, if the intention is to have CPL be more crowdsourced, the project needs a better way of communicating that to people. Is there a page where all of the TODOs are gathered and checked off? Where are people suppose to find out current status of things?

At least have something equivalent to a GitHub page where the development can be tracked. Right now, we are just using TL.net threads to discuss this

Did you try to open the link https://cplbw.com/ ?

Updating liquipedia is a pain in the ass and is not worth it from my POV, too.
In the past few years I've organized at least 3 tournaments in Bulgaria with 500-1000 EUR prize pool and you won't find any information on tl.net about them.

You know why?
- cause updating a liquipedaia page is a pain in the ass. Also if you try to do something in liquipedia it won't be publicly visible and honestly, the liquipedia responsibles are not supportive at all. They just got some outdated templates that are a pain in the ass to work with and nobody cares to make any page a public page.

And you know what? - it does not bring any additional value to organizers of mid lvl tournaments such as CPL. Ppl will join, ppl will have fun playing and networking, and this is the most important thing.

tl;dr: Liquipedia has no significant value, it's a pain in the ass to work with, and responsible ppl don't even care to make public the community contributions.

Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
jchassoul
Profile Joined February 2019
Costa Rica72 Posts
November 27 2022 07:57 GMT
#36
On November 26 2022 22:00 BlueStar wrote:

tl;dr: Liquipedia has no significant value, it's a pain in the ass to work with, and responsible ppl don't even care to make public the community contributions.



+1
The limits of my language means the limits of my world. — The Overmind
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1602 Posts
November 27 2022 17:02 GMT
#37
I would like point out the relevantly obvious to this thread: https://tl.net/forum/brood-war/603411-cpl-9-signups-are-open
^_._^
ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10391 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-27 23:25:09
November 27 2022 21:13 GMT
#38
On November 26 2022 22:00 BlueStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2022 00:19 Lightswarm wrote:
@Jealous, if the intention is to have CPL be more crowdsourced, the project needs a better way of communicating that to people. Is there a page where all of the TODOs are gathered and checked off? Where are people suppose to find out current status of things?

At least have something equivalent to a GitHub page where the development can be tracked. Right now, we are just using TL.net threads to discuss this

Did you try to open the link https://cplbw.com/ ?

Updating liquipedia is a pain in the ass and is not worth it from my POV, too.
In the past few years I've organized at least 3 tournaments in Bulgaria with 500-1000 EUR prize pool and you won't find any information on tl.net about them.

You know why?
- cause updating a liquipedaia page is a pain in the ass. Also if you try to do something in liquipedia it won't be publicly visible and honestly, the liquipedia responsibles are not supportive at all. They just got some outdated templates that are a pain in the ass to work with and nobody cares to make any page a public page.

And you know what? - it does not bring any additional value to organizers of mid lvl tournaments such as CPL. Ppl will join, ppl will have fun playing and networking, and this is the most important thing.

tl;dr: Liquipedia has no significant value, it's a pain in the ass to work with, and responsible ppl don't even care to make public the community contributions.


"Liquipedia has no significant value" except maybe the fact that I had no idea that https://cplbw.com/ even existed until I read about it in this thread? And that you need to make a separate account for it? And that it doesn't have previous season data? And I can't click on half the menu items (maybe I need to be signed in, so again, making a new account)? And thus it is practically invisible and useless for anyone who is trying to find out what CPL actually is, what its history is, how many players and coaches and administrators have spent hours of work on it? EDIT: Want to clarify that I mean no offense to the creators of the CPL website. It's obviously new and a work in progress, but to say that Liquipedia has no value, especially in the interim, is ridiculous IMO.

Maybe, given the fact that Liquipedia is an immensely popular resource that is used by dozens of gaming communities and hundreds if not thousands of editors, it is you who has the problem and not Liquipedia? Maybe you don't understand how to use the templates? Maybe your events are not getting approved because they are not considered significant, and you were told to edit your own user page for stuff like that, and thus you have a chip on your shoulder? Because for whatever reason, your anecdotal experience is clearly different from others'. For example, I had absolutely no issue with either Liquipedia or the Liquipedia staff when creating the original CPL Liquipedia page, from scratch, by myself. I see Liquipedia being used by prominent streamers, players, and organizers in other communities, and they all say Liquipedia is dope. Do you think, perhaps, it is possible that your experience is in the extreme minority here and is likely due to some fault of yours and not the service itself?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
jchassoul
Profile Joined February 2019
Costa Rica72 Posts
November 27 2022 22:41 GMT
#39
I guess is good time capsule for good'old days nostalgia fix but nobody 'really' cares about liquipedia in 2022 tho
The limits of my language means the limits of my world. — The Overmind
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3561 Posts
Last Edited: 2022-11-28 01:13:38
November 28 2022 01:12 GMT
#40
This is not true, though i will concede it s less appealing nowadays, but mostly due to lack of editors. It s a thankless task.

On topic: can we have a timeline? End of registration for instance? Then preseason dates? (Or estimates)
Horang2 fan
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 389
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33413
Bisu 2990
Shuttle 1721
Hyuk 1321
EffOrt 695
Mini 683
Larva 347
Soma 286
ZerO 257
firebathero 241
[ Show more ]
hero 92
Zeus 91
Last 85
Sexy 80
Mong 42
Hyun 42
Killer 39
Pusan 35
Trap 34
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Hm[arnc] 31
Aegong 27
PianO 27
sorry 24
zelot 16
Rock 14
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Sacsri 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7346
qojqva1440
Dendi835
Counter-Strike
fl0m2053
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes937
Liquid`Hasu575
Lowko401
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1314
Beastyqt393
Livibee204
Hui .189
Liquid`VortiX161
ArmadaUGS90
KnowMe90
Mew2King88
elazer64
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9058
• WagamamaTV181
League of Legends
• Jankos1924
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 25m
INu's Battles
21h 25m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.