- that uses fingertip / ontouch style (see image 1 and 4 for original one and the style),
- middle mouse button easily usable/pressable,
- buttons easily usable anywhere you see the button, yes even up there:
I edited some review on the second page post#33
- Razer Viper Mini still too wide!
- At some point I will put a list of Mice here (I have accumulated a great list internally, but I wouldn't want to post a simple list without details, so for now I will only put a few updates there)
- Abyssus Essential AKA jugan AKA "same shape as Abyssus original" has been adressed in the thread several times.
Image1: mouse in seek, the rubber keys are pressable anywhere very well and give a very good grip despite a very light fingertip-touch (s. image 4):
Image2: lmo-shape AKA fkmini3
Image3: Not tested yet, impact 2, AKA Sica
Image4: here is how to hold it:
Image 5 Comparison: Abyss Original flexible ontouch grip and width, showing VMini relative big width and grip
Different Design/handling but just as versatile, only 28 bucks.
- Secret I found in the internet: Very good handling-Replacement for Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
OZONE GAMING OZNEON3K
Image 6 A random approach, a versatile holding grip mouse, btw: buttons left and right!
I personally had very good experience from Ozone gaming from another product, hence I stumbled over this recently.
I summarize the review about the mouse:
- after a very long time, the player found a perfect replacement for the Microsoft Intelli Optical Mouse (from what I heard it was very popular)
- the only bad thing is it needs a software
Quality ++ , solid, non-slippery surface, good durability
Wheel and Buttons +++ , well pressable and good control for scrolling, 2 extra buttons left and right
Driver + , needs software, but it is quite simple
Handling +++ , "perfect".
If you don't find this mouse for purchase, consider this from steelseries, similar shape, but $$: steelseries Sensei Ten
(I have accumulated a great list internally, but I wouldn't want to post a simple list without details flooding the thread even more, so for now I will only put a few updates here that aren't adressed elsewhere)
- Corsair, Harpoon - grip: sides (unergonomic for long sessions), relative narrow++, constant grip no matter at which length-position++, rubbered all sides++, result: seemed pretty solid and suprising for control got it recommended internally, test duraton: short
- - old: until post #25
Hi, (RazEr yes i know)
- This is my go to mouse for starcraft, I tried some other - not so good.
- Either I want to order this mouse, for any price. But I can't find this yet. Should be possible right?! Right!? (you can also link me a shop via pm)
- Or recommend me a good replacement, that is SIMILAR. Not simply a razor product (I read often things that don't fit to this exact question), I don't care the brand, it has to be a quick light mouse that offers what the salmosa does. (Which is really good grip when you play crawl style, at least 2 dpi settings, very light, very good (very easy) clicking behavior with biggg buttons which allow to hold the mouse in any way. Better (if all else fits) would be to set any DPI (or distinct range)
(As you all know starcraft is a very fast game that requires alot alot of very fast and very precise movement everywhere, as well as soft-clicking - many mouses don't fit this role, seemingly being designed for Ego-shooters and Co)
Why is there no official replacement? Then just keep producing that mouse, I don't understand the world.
- I am also fine with the Asian Edition. (Tried both)
- I am also fine with a similar mouse that has less DPI. (1200 is fine).
- I am assuming you know the Salmosa - because it is a very specific mouse type (that I don't meet anywhere) , but FYI it has 800/1800 DPI.
P.s: I am also using a G9- but for very different game types, it has high quality, but it's heavy, and the grip is very wide and big. the holding position is like playing football (it's similar to the deathadder which I tried and that is very bad for starcraft when you reach fast playtstyle), while salmosa is playing soccer. just to give an example
but i see logitech has a very high quality, (better than razor).
- g9 was actually my previous go-to mouse, but the middle mouse button is not practical, but very important in starcraft I think.. The salmosa has a perfect one. But actually it was it's new feel and speed while maintaining precision that convinced me. https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/a4q7up/logitech_g9g9x_weight_minimization_removed_tray/
anyways this is my previous mouse - you could set the DPI to ANY (in distinct steps of 200), mine is theoretically at 1200 (with standard windows speed of 6/11).
- Another advantage Salmosa:
You can hold it ANY way you want. So I can actually scratch my head and the next second do a precision click on my minimap, or on a zergling... Imo it's a big advantage for longer play sessions (you should not have the same position for longer time). Hence I am looking for a SIMILAR mouse.
PPS: Any recommendation welcome, but maybe if you don't have experience with the Salmosa state it or why you recommend your mouse.