• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:10
CEST 15:10
KST 22:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8279 users

APMAlert (New BWL Plugin) - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
megastarcraft20
Profile Joined September 2008
United States74 Posts
October 03 2008 05:31 GMT
#261
Hot, thanks for all the updates today.
Python_Max
Profile Joined November 2007
Ukraine51 Posts
October 03 2008 07:31 GMT
#262
Which type of hooks do you use?
I suppose
- APM calculation
- commands
- drawing
Anything else?

Lets think about how it can be hookless... I could share the source of hookless APM calculation - read and parse the replay data live, so it will produce APM about 99,9% equals to BWChart's one. There is a small inaccuracy caused by the fact that replay data is not complete until the game is over (missing one last command).

Also I've made a ddraw-proxy to be able to draw anything on the screen without hooks (I'm not sure whether its possible to do hookless drawing using just bw-functions), but its not finished yet...

Please let me know if you're interested.

GL
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
October 03 2008 09:04 GMT
#263
Can it have different color according to the APM similar to ADVLoader?

example
000-080apm normal color
081-100apm green
101-160apm yellow
160-220apm red
etc
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
Tropics
Profile Joined August 2007
United Kingdom1132 Posts
October 03 2008 09:39 GMT
#264
dayum this is sexy!
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3718 Posts
October 03 2008 15:06 GMT
#265
On October 03 2008 16:31 Python_Max wrote:
Which type of hooks do you use?
I suppose
- APM calculation
- commands
- drawing
Anything else?

Lets think about how it can be hookless... I could share the source of hookless APM calculation - read and parse the replay data live, so it will produce APM about 99,9% equals to BWChart's one. There is a small inaccuracy caused by the fact that replay data is not complete until the game is over (missing one last command).

Also I've made a ddraw-proxy to be able to draw anything on the screen without hooks (I'm not sure whether its possible to do hookless drawing using just bw-functions), but its not finished yet...

Please let me know if you're interested.

GL

The hooks I have are:
- Actions
- Commands
- Drawing
- Game Start/Game End
- Pause/Unpause

I think thats it. The last two could be done away with easily if I modified it a bit. Commands aren't really too necessary either, so I could do away with those as well. The main thing thats a bit hard to do without hooking is drawing to the screen, since that needs to be done pretty much every frame.

On October 03 2008 18:04 [X]Ken_D wrote:
Can it have different color according to the APM similar to ADVLoader?

example
000-080apm normal color
081-100apm green
101-160apm yellow
160-220apm red
etc


Yeah, that can be done. I'll work on adding an option for it.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
Miller
Profile Joined September 2008
United States77 Posts
October 03 2008 15:49 GMT
#266
Okay so I can't get this to work. I downloaded the APM Live file and extracted into the laucher folder, yet when I load the launcher up theres no sign of APM Live
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3718 Posts
October 03 2008 15:54 GMT
#267
On October 04 2008 00:49 Miller wrote:
Okay so I can't get this to work. I downloaded the APM Live file and extracted into the laucher folder, yet when I load the launcher up theres no sign of APM Live

Make sure you're looking for APMAlert and now APMLive. If thats not the problem though, I'm not sure what is.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
October 03 2008 18:44 GMT
#268
This is awesome. Thanks a lot.
Python_Max
Profile Joined November 2007
Ukraine51 Posts
October 03 2008 21:06 GMT
#269
On October 04 2008 00:06 tec27 wrote:
The main thing thats a bit hard to do without hooking is drawing to the screen, since that needs to be done pretty much every frame.

I see... So the proxy ddraw.dll should be finished first.
Here is an alpha version http://depositfiles.com/files/8444408
Includes an example which just shows a clock while in game. It requires to be loaded by InfectedStarcraft. It does not work with ChaosLauncher yet. InfectedStarcraft.exe.injlist should contain clock.bwl only - ddraw.dll will be loaded automatically.

I believe the draw helper library should be loaded by the launcher and the access must be provided via API, e.g. onDraw() callback function. It already has a callback, but so far the main problem is to make it loaded before original ddraw. Additionally some speed optimizations could be done.

Soon I will upload the sources and I'll make a thread at bwprogrammers with description how to use it.
genjutsu
Profile Joined September 2008
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-03 21:25:34
October 03 2008 21:21 GMT
#270
On October 01 2008 08:48 -orb- wrote:
zLoader is a dll injector made by Zynsator for the purpose of hacking. If you downloaded zLoader you probably got it from a hacking site.

LOL AT THE SITE YOU POSTED! It includes a drop hack. WHAT DO YOU KNOW? Yeah... I know you're going to say blah blah it only happens when someone mineral hacks.

The fact of the matter is you have drop hacks installed on your system. Regardless of what you're using them for or who you're using them against, you're still hacking.


lol... whatever man.... apparently you're the only one here that's anal about getting rid of mineral hackers. i think if someone was dropped for mineral hacking then ppl in that game would probably be happy that mineral hackers will never be able to get a chance to cheat and get away with a win. well....who knows you probably mineral hack yourself, that's why you're so supportive to mineral hacking and objective to dropping them. imo, i would rather have them get kicked out of the game immediately rather than letting them get that win. if you're anal about such a small thing like this then you're probably worse off in real life, when you see a kid jay walking, you'd probably call 911 and say that he's breaking the law.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
October 04 2008 00:20 GMT
#271
I don't support mineral hacking, that's why I use detectors so that I can see when someone mineral hacks and leave the game.

Any program that uses drop hacks is a hack. Since you use one of those programs, you are a hacker. Plain and simple.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7660 Posts
October 04 2008 01:40 GMT
#272
genjutsu

I disagree with your entire outlook.

I don't support any program with anti-hack features that are hacks. I've also never played against a mineral hack or blatant hacker of any kind in the last 2 years.

Private servers ftw.
Narrator
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States868 Posts
October 04 2008 01:45 GMT
#273
The updates are great. You are great. APMAlert is great!

<3
genjutsu
Profile Joined September 2008
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-04 03:14:00
October 04 2008 03:11 GMT
#274
On October 04 2008 09:20 -orb- wrote:
I don't support mineral hacking, that's why I use detectors so that I can see when someone mineral hacks and leave the game.

Any program that uses drop hacks is a hack. Since you use one of those programs, you are a hacker. Plain and simple.


Ohhhh I see.... so that's your definition of a hacker. Well I guess I am going to label you as a hacker as well because my definition of a hacker is anyone who uses anything that modifies the memory, gameplay, or anything in starcraft. Since you use one of those programs, you are a hacker. Plain and simple, you are a hacker.
Muey
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland149 Posts
October 04 2008 03:35 GMT
#275
Just a note, it seems that the plugin gets a bit confused in FFA games (yeah you can laugh now), or that's what happened to me recently at least - I had the alert sound going off for most of the game even if my APM was over twice that of the set limit, and when I checked the rep a bunch of my opponents had APM that'd fallen into the "warning" range.

Also, during an obs-mode UMS game, I was able to see the APM of my opponent live(as well as all observers), like in a replay - is this an intentional thing?
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3718 Posts
October 04 2008 03:43 GMT
#276
On October 04 2008 12:35 Muey wrote:
Just a note, it seems that the plugin gets a bit confused in FFA games (yeah you can laugh now), or that's what happened to me recently at least - I had the alert sound going off for most of the game even if my APM was over twice that of the set limit, and when I checked the rep a bunch of my opponents had APM that'd fallen into the "warning" range.

Also, during an obs-mode UMS game, I was able to see the APM of my opponent live(as well as all observers), like in a replay - is this an intentional thing?

The first thing sounds like a weird bug, I'll look into that.

The second thing could be a bug as well. In ObsMode, you're supposed to be able to see everyone's APM, but it should only activate for the observers (it checks units controlled, resources, etc. to determine if you're an observer or not). Could be a bug related to the first thing, so I'll look into that as well.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
SaveYourSavior
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-04 04:13:11
October 04 2008 04:05 GMT
#277
edit: oops theres a readme
a
Python_Max
Profile Joined November 2007
Ukraine51 Posts
October 04 2008 15:00 GMT
#278
Here we go http://www.bwprogrammers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1328
I hope that helps.
puckstop101
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada132 Posts
October 05 2008 19:59 GMT
#279
got a bug i think in the obs part of the apm i was watching a game as an obs and it put up the apm of some of the obs and only one of the players, i took a screen shot but cant rember where my computer saves it....
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
October 05 2008 20:03 GMT
#280
On October 04 2008 12:11 genjutsu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2008 09:20 -orb- wrote:
I don't support mineral hacking, that's why I use detectors so that I can see when someone mineral hacks and leave the game.

Any program that uses drop hacks is a hack. Since you use one of those programs, you are a hacker. Plain and simple.


Ohhhh I see.... so that's your definition of a hacker. Well I guess I am going to label you as a hacker as well because my definition of a hacker is anyone who uses anything that modifies the memory, gameplay, or anything in starcraft. Since you use one of those programs, you are a hacker. Plain and simple, you are a hacker.


You are just fucking stupid.

The programs I use that "modify the memory" are hack detectors and apm monitors and automatic replay savers, etc.

The definition of a hack in our context is something that gives you an unfair advantage in a game.

Since none of the programs I use give me an unfair advantage, I am not hacking. Since you have the ability to automatically disconnect someone from the game without them being able to do anything about it, that is definitely an advantage for you since you can get free wins from this. Therefore, you are a hacker.

You should be banned. It's fucking embarrassing how you try to defend yourself. You're a hacker. You're pathetic.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
Railgan 60
MindelVK 24
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sea.KH 71
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Rock 5
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
byalli807
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns38078
singsing2300
B2W.Neo635
Liquid`RaSZi338
Pyrionflax241
Beastyqt135
Hui .113
Happy57
Trikslyr45
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 104
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV493
League of Legends
• Jankos2960
• Nemesis2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1355
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
OSC
9h 51m
Replay Cast
9h 51m
OSC
22h 51m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.