• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:15
CEST 18:15
KST 01:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8212 users

Larva / ZOTAC / my "anger" - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-05 07:20:13
December 05 2017 07:17 GMT
#61
Ok brother, I have no intention of continuing with this discussion, but i'll leave you my closing thoughts:

"-I think that is fair given that he basically admitted that was lower than his standards"

I think that some of the things you seem to be missing hardcore from your perspective on things and why you think you are "in the clear" to make assumptions like this is that It isn't for you to determine what instances you perceived as "sub par". Sub par is ultimately subjective, as I tried to point out to you earlier, which is to say that a joke you thought was unfunny, I might have thought was funny. iNcontroL thinks he's funny around 85% of the time but because funny is an abstract, subjective, concept... I might think that he is funny 90% of the time! and you might think he's funny only 50%! of the time, and those times between the 3 of us don't even have to overlap. So when you are presumptuous enough to make assumptions on how to improve the delivery of jokes __YOU__ found unfunny it is to me, mind fucking blowing brother, because that likely means that you either don't understand or it hasn't, in this instance, occurred to you that different people find different things funny.

For example, had it occurred to you that _MAYBE_ it seemed more important to incontrol at the time of asking the question on leg-weight to deliver a line his friends the casters or the Twitch audience could quickly relate to instead of attempting to translate so that larva is "in on it?" I understand, completely if you think that Larva being the interviewee should be the focus of the interview, but WHAT IF - given the circumstances / setting I was to disagree? What if I was to say I found the question funny and I wouldn't have found it funny / maybe would've been cringy to me if he had "explained" it to larva? Because from that perspective all of your points / advice on that specific is null, is it not? That's why the first thing I said was that I think your advice seems condescending in spite of it's subjectivity - different people can see the same situation differently thus it being subjective. I think that being absolute and on top of it condescending when pertaining subjectives is a powerful display of arrogance. Like branding fatigue as a trivial/non-valid "excuse" is on that same vein, you realize fatigue IS a real thing right? that it affects different people differently - so while you may fatigue slower, I may fatigue faster, conversely believe it or not I may be better at other things than you, we're not all the same Mein Dude. Lets put it simply using a hyperbolic yet easily relatable example; take your grandma and your kids out to the park and tell them to run around and see which one fatigues faster, then tell your grandma to man the fuck up and stop making excuses the kids are doing just fine. While it isn't my intend to imply that iNcontroL is the grandma in that family (because I think that's Artosis) I want to make it a point that you understand and maybe keep in mind for your future lectures: different people work differently.

As a note on your "direct" insult, I "took least issue" with because.. + Show Spoiler +
[HINT] "poorly disguised cheap shot" [HINT]
I didn't think that's a poorly disguised cheap shot, in case you didn't catch that, it's also in the "Hint" I put under the spoiler.


On December 05 2017 15:27 iNcontroL wrote:
Catz you're a god .. your patience to write that all out is greatly appreciated. I often just start Calling people dumb and guffawing


Haha, no worries man, sometimes I get an itch and I like to write a lot / in detail. Everyone has to pick some to sit out, Much of the time I too start calling people dumb, and while I don't often guffaw, I sometimes cackle
Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
Chr15t
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark1103 Posts
December 05 2017 07:31 GMT
#62
Ignore the haters Geoff, its like you have a following of people who just want to bash everything you say and do.. Thats must be seriously taxing, i think it speaks volumes that you are still in this genre dispite all that.

Did you seem "angry" yesterday? - in my eyes I understand where your mentally probably was.
When you spend your proffesional life, advocating for the legitimacy of E-sports, it can be hard to watch a player almost trivially dispell his competition. And you problably where painfully aware of the viewer experience. Was it funny?- hell yea, but it didnt do anything for a new player to draw them into the game, as a strategy game. I think most people could see that your jokes were meant in good spirits. So i would ignore the vocal minority that says otherwise.

#FreeGeoff, #FreeLarvae.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
December 05 2017 08:09 GMT
#63
On December 05 2017 16:17 ROOTCatZ wrote:
Ok brother, I have no intention of continuing with this discussion, but i'll leave you my closing thoughts:

"-I think that is fair given that he basically admitted that was lower than his standards"

I think that some of the things you seem to be missing hardcore from your perspective on things and why you think you are "in the clear" to make assumptions like this is that It isn't for you to determine what instances you perceived as "sub par". Sub par is ultimately subjective, as I tried to point out to you earlier, which is to say that a joke you thought was unfunny, I might have thought was funny. iNcontroL thinks he's funny around 85% of the time but because funny is an abstract, subjective, concept... I might think that he is funny 90% of the time! and you might think he's funny only 50%! of the time, and those times between the 3 of us don't even have to overlap. So when you are presumptuous enough to make assumptions on how to improve the delivery of jokes __YOU__ found unfunny it is to me, mind fucking blowing brother, because that likely means that you either don't understand or it hasn't, in this instance, occurred to you that different people find different things funny.

For example, had it occurred to you that _MAYBE_ it seemed more important to incontrol at the time of asking the question on leg-weight to deliver a line his friends the casters or the Twitch audience could quickly relate to instead of attempting to translate so that larva is "in on it?" I understand, completely if you think that Larva being the interviewee should be the focus of the interview, but WHAT IF - given the circumstances / setting I was to disagree? What if I was to say I found the question funny and I wouldn't have found it funny / maybe would've been cringy to me if he had "explained" it to larva? Because from that perspective all of your points / advice on that specific is null, is it not? That's why the first thing I said was that I think your advice seems condescending in spite of it's subjectivity - different people can see the same situation differently thus it being subjective. I think that being absolute and on top of it condescending when pertaining subjectives is a powerful display of arrogance. Like branding fatigue as a trivial/non-valid "excuse" is on that same vein, you realize fatigue IS a real thing right? that it affects different people differently - so while you may fatigue slower, I may fatigue faster, conversely believe it or not I may be better at other things than you, we're not all the same Mein Dude. Lets put it simply using a hyperbolic yet easily relatable example; take your grandma and your kids out to the park and tell them to run around and see which one fatigues faster, then tell your grandma to man the fuck up and stop making excuses the kids are doing just fine. While it isn't my intend to imply that iNcontroL is the grandma in that family (because I think that's Artosis) I want to make it a point that you understand and maybe keep in mind for your future lectures: different people work differently.

As a note on your "direct" insult, I "took least issue" with because.. + Show Spoiler +
[HINT] "poorly disguised cheap shot" [HINT]
I didn't think that's a poorly disguised cheap shot, in case you didn't catch that, it's also in the "Hint" I put under the spoiler.


Show nested quote +
On December 05 2017 15:27 iNcontroL wrote:
Catz you're a god .. your patience to write that all out is greatly appreciated. I often just start Calling people dumb and guffawing


Haha, no worries man, sometimes I get an itch and I like to write a lot / in detail. Everyone has to pick some to sit out, Much of the time I too start calling people dumb, and while I don't often guffaw, I sometimes cackle

Where the hell is Destiny for you and him to do impersonations vs this guy.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Wonk
Profile Joined March 2017
546 Posts
December 05 2017 08:58 GMT
#64
Well, despite all this bullshit over what feels to me like a very non-issue, I had great fun with the tournament, almost entirely because of the cast. It was totally worth getting up at 4am for. Keeping up banter for 10 straight hours 2x days in a row is no mean feat, and I have nothing but props to all you guys for doing such a stellar job over the weekend. The pictionary had me curled into a borderline fetal position with laughter, I could not fucking handle it. IT'S CANADA! And I just want to thank you guys for taking time out to do these sorts of events and I hope we'll see them again in the future.

Even though I might have got the impression that incontrol was less than pleased during the interview (as it seemed like the chat did), if he says that it wasn't that, then that's it. I don't see the point in stirring drama when there isn't any there. I don't want to see this take away from what was a fantastic weekend, and i hope you guys will do more of these in the future if the chance arises.
fLyiNgDroNe
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium4129 Posts
December 05 2017 08:58 GMT
#65
On December 05 2017 04:08 iNcontroL wrote:
During the interview I asked him silly questions to try and get the discussion away from "man legend is bad and you made fun of him" so I asked him about his thigh cuz I for some reason during the cast estimated it to weigh 17 lbs.. wtf. I also asked him about researching more troll techniques and that was about it. I did it all deadpan because I do that 96% of the time.


i said it in your twitch chat yesterday and want to repeat here, the interview part was extremely fitting to the games before, anything else would just be boring and non-relevant, the questions asked made everyone laugh and it felt like poking back and forth and honestly larva at that moment seemed to enjoy it. Its probably your dead-serious face that threw him off, but again i think its mostly that he doesnt know you very well. I enjoyed the double trolling and in all honesty its not larva's fault that ZOTAC decided to match him in the tournament vs much weaker opponents.
Drone is a way of living
dsyxelic
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1417 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-05 09:33:39
December 05 2017 09:29 GMT
#66
On December 05 2017 17:09 FlaShFTW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2017 16:17 ROOTCatZ wrote:
Ok brother, I have no intention of continuing with this discussion, but i'll leave you my closing thoughts:

"-I think that is fair given that he basically admitted that was lower than his standards"

I think that some of the things you seem to be missing hardcore from your perspective on things and why you think you are "in the clear" to make assumptions like this is that It isn't for you to determine what instances you perceived as "sub par". Sub par is ultimately subjective, as I tried to point out to you earlier, which is to say that a joke you thought was unfunny, I might have thought was funny. iNcontroL thinks he's funny around 85% of the time but because funny is an abstract, subjective, concept... I might think that he is funny 90% of the time! and you might think he's funny only 50%! of the time, and those times between the 3 of us don't even have to overlap. So when you are presumptuous enough to make assumptions on how to improve the delivery of jokes __YOU__ found unfunny it is to me, mind fucking blowing brother, because that likely means that you either don't understand or it hasn't, in this instance, occurred to you that different people find different things funny.

For example, had it occurred to you that _MAYBE_ it seemed more important to incontrol at the time of asking the question on leg-weight to deliver a line his friends the casters or the Twitch audience could quickly relate to instead of attempting to translate so that larva is "in on it?" I understand, completely if you think that Larva being the interviewee should be the focus of the interview, but WHAT IF - given the circumstances / setting I was to disagree? What if I was to say I found the question funny and I wouldn't have found it funny / maybe would've been cringy to me if he had "explained" it to larva? Because from that perspective all of your points / advice on that specific is null, is it not? That's why the first thing I said was that I think your advice seems condescending in spite of it's subjectivity - different people can see the same situation differently thus it being subjective. I think that being absolute and on top of it condescending when pertaining subjectives is a powerful display of arrogance. Like branding fatigue as a trivial/non-valid "excuse" is on that same vein, you realize fatigue IS a real thing right? that it affects different people differently - so while you may fatigue slower, I may fatigue faster, conversely believe it or not I may be better at other things than you, we're not all the same Mein Dude. Lets put it simply using a hyperbolic yet easily relatable example; take your grandma and your kids out to the park and tell them to run around and see which one fatigues faster, then tell your grandma to man the fuck up and stop making excuses the kids are doing just fine. While it isn't my intend to imply that iNcontroL is the grandma in that family (because I think that's Artosis) I want to make it a point that you understand and maybe keep in mind for your future lectures: different people work differently.

As a note on your "direct" insult, I "took least issue" with because.. + Show Spoiler +
[HINT] "poorly disguised cheap shot" [HINT]
I didn't think that's a poorly disguised cheap shot, in case you didn't catch that, it's also in the "Hint" I put under the spoiler.


On December 05 2017 15:27 iNcontroL wrote:
Catz you're a god .. your patience to write that all out is greatly appreciated. I often just start Calling people dumb and guffawing


Haha, no worries man, sometimes I get an itch and I like to write a lot / in detail. Everyone has to pick some to sit out, Much of the time I too start calling people dumb, and while I don't often guffaw, I sometimes cackle

Where the hell is Destiny for you and him to do impersonations vs this guy.


Funny you mention him given we've met before and I could probably hit him up given that we have a very close mutual friend.

But this definitely blew out of proportion and I don't understand why people think I'm a hater when I've generally had no problem with incontrol's cast for the last decade and honestly meant no ill will from my original posts. I really don't understand the sensitivity here.

I did get a bit annoyed when he basically dismissed everything I said basically calling me dumb and arrogant, and people dogpiling on top didn't help, but I still hold no ill will. Just very confused that I'm made out to be a hater lmao.

On December 05 2017 17:58 Wonk wrote:
Well, despite all this bullshit over what feels to me like a very non-issue, I had great fun with the tournament, almost entirely because of the cast. It was totally worth getting up at 4am for. Keeping up banter for 10 straight hours 2x days in a row is no mean feat, and I have nothing but props to all you guys for doing such a stellar job over the weekend. The pictionary had me curled into a borderline fetal position with laughter, I could not fucking handle it. IT'S CANADA! And I just want to thank you guys for taking time out to do these sorts of events and I hope we'll see them again in the future.

Even though I might have got the impression that incontrol was less than pleased during the interview (as it seemed like the chat did), if he says that it wasn't that, then that's it. I don't see the point in stirring drama when there isn't any there. I don't want to see this take away from what was a fantastic weekend, and i hope you guys will do more of these in the future if the chance arises.



This was exactly my sentiment too. I never meant to 'stir up drama' and I don't understand why my post was responded to in the way it did.

Even though I might have got the impression that incontrol was less than pleased during the interview (as it seemed like the chat did), if he says that it wasn't that, then that's it.


This was what I was saying. I understand that he is tired and it showed, and I was able to get clarification on that through this post. But I just wanted to point out things about the part where he talked about Larva being offended because he seemed confused:
He apparently went out to get drinks with the casters later that night at like midnight and I wasn't there.. so he took offence to that? He also apparently had stuff mistranslated and doesn't understand my humor so he was uncomfortable with the interview..
and this was one of the few times I actually have experience with this since during my translator days this was a very common thing where an English speaker would make a dry humor joke and it wouldn't fly very well.

I try to point that out and I'm suddenly an incontrol hater?
???

Yeah fuck me I post once about something incontrol can do better and attempt to provide context on a confusion he had out of the 8+ years I've seen him in the scene and I'm a hater.

However I will admit that I delved too far into responding to others and strayed too far into the PR part when I wanted to focus on the translation bit. That was my bad.
TL/SKT
dark.matter
Profile Joined April 2017
179 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-05 09:41:42
December 05 2017 09:31 GMT
#67
On December 05 2017 18:29 dsyxelic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2017 17:09 FlaShFTW wrote:
On December 05 2017 16:17 ROOTCatZ wrote:
Ok brother, I have no intention of continuing with this discussion, but i'll leave you my closing thoughts:

"-I think that is fair given that he basically admitted that was lower than his standards"

I think that some of the things you seem to be missing hardcore from your perspective on things and why you think you are "in the clear" to make assumptions like this is that It isn't for you to determine what instances you perceived as "sub par". Sub par is ultimately subjective, as I tried to point out to you earlier, which is to say that a joke you thought was unfunny, I might have thought was funny. iNcontroL thinks he's funny around 85% of the time but because funny is an abstract, subjective, concept... I might think that he is funny 90% of the time! and you might think he's funny only 50%! of the time, and those times between the 3 of us don't even have to overlap. So when you are presumptuous enough to make assumptions on how to improve the delivery of jokes __YOU__ found unfunny it is to me, mind fucking blowing brother, because that likely means that you either don't understand or it hasn't, in this instance, occurred to you that different people find different things funny.

For example, had it occurred to you that _MAYBE_ it seemed more important to incontrol at the time of asking the question on leg-weight to deliver a line his friends the casters or the Twitch audience could quickly relate to instead of attempting to translate so that larva is "in on it?" I understand, completely if you think that Larva being the interviewee should be the focus of the interview, but WHAT IF - given the circumstances / setting I was to disagree? What if I was to say I found the question funny and I wouldn't have found it funny / maybe would've been cringy to me if he had "explained" it to larva? Because from that perspective all of your points / advice on that specific is null, is it not? That's why the first thing I said was that I think your advice seems condescending in spite of it's subjectivity - different people can see the same situation differently thus it being subjective. I think that being absolute and on top of it condescending when pertaining subjectives is a powerful display of arrogance. Like branding fatigue as a trivial/non-valid "excuse" is on that same vein, you realize fatigue IS a real thing right? that it affects different people differently - so while you may fatigue slower, I may fatigue faster, conversely believe it or not I may be better at other things than you, we're not all the same Mein Dude. Lets put it simply using a hyperbolic yet easily relatable example; take your grandma and your kids out to the park and tell them to run around and see which one fatigues faster, then tell your grandma to man the fuck up and stop making excuses the kids are doing just fine. While it isn't my intend to imply that iNcontroL is the grandma in that family (because I think that's Artosis) I want to make it a point that you understand and maybe keep in mind for your future lectures: different people work differently.

As a note on your "direct" insult, I "took least issue" with because.. + Show Spoiler +
[HINT] "poorly disguised cheap shot" [HINT]
I didn't think that's a poorly disguised cheap shot, in case you didn't catch that, it's also in the "Hint" I put under the spoiler.


On December 05 2017 15:27 iNcontroL wrote:
Catz you're a god .. your patience to write that all out is greatly appreciated. I often just start Calling people dumb and guffawing


Haha, no worries man, sometimes I get an itch and I like to write a lot / in detail. Everyone has to pick some to sit out, Much of the time I too start calling people dumb, and while I don't often guffaw, I sometimes cackle

Where the hell is Destiny for you and him to do impersonations vs this guy.


Funny you mention him given we've met before and I could probably hit him up given that we have a very close mutual friend.

But this definitely blew out of proportion and I don't understand why people think I'm a hater when I've generally had no problem with incontrol's cast for the last decade and honestly meant no ill will from my original posts. I really don't understand the sensitivity here.

I did get a bit annoyed when he basically dismissed everything I said basically calling me dumb and arrogant, and people dogpiling on top didn't help, but I still hold no ill will. Just very confused that I'm made out to be a hater lmao.

Show nested quote +
On December 05 2017 17:58 Wonk wrote:
Well, despite all this bullshit over what feels to me like a very non-issue, I had great fun with the tournament, almost entirely because of the cast. It was totally worth getting up at 4am for. Keeping up banter for 10 straight hours 2x days in a row is no mean feat, and I have nothing but props to all you guys for doing such a stellar job over the weekend. The pictionary had me curled into a borderline fetal position with laughter, I could not fucking handle it. IT'S CANADA! And I just want to thank you guys for taking time out to do these sorts of events and I hope we'll see them again in the future.

Even though I might have got the impression that incontrol was less than pleased during the interview (as it seemed like the chat did), if he says that it wasn't that, then that's it. I don't see the point in stirring drama when there isn't any there. I don't want to see this take away from what was a fantastic weekend, and i hope you guys will do more of these in the future if the chance arises.



This was exactly my sentiment too. I never meant to 'stir up drama' and I don't understand why my post was responded to in the way it did.

Show nested quote +
Even though I might have got the impression that incontrol was less than pleased during the interview (as it seemed like the chat did), if he says that it wasn't that, then that's it.


This was what I was saying. I understand that he is tired and it showed, and I was able to get clarification on that through this post. But I just wanted to point out things about the part where he talked about Larva being offended because he seemed confused:
Show nested quote +
He apparently went out to get drinks with the casters later that night at like midnight and I wasn't there.. so he took offence to that? He also apparently had stuff mistranslated and doesn't understand my humor so he was uncomfortable with the interview..
and this was one of the few times I actually have experience with this since during my translator days this was a very common thing where an English speaker would make a dry humor joke and it wouldn't fly very well.

I try to point that out and I'm suddenly an incontrol hater?
???

Yeah fuck me I post once about something incontrol can do better and attempt to provide context on a confusion he had out of the 8+ years I've seen him in the scene and I'm a hater.


I didn't see anything terribly wrong with what you posted, it seemed logical to me honestly 1) its hard to be vulnerable in the public eye so give these guys a break 2) catz mannerisms are what make him unique so I wouldn't worry too much about it 3) incontrol cares about his work 4) its double edged sword when people are involved, humans are difficult, not saying i'm any better than catz or incontrol either, it's just hard when you try to do your best and you still come up "short", being the messenger when trying to help someone improve is not always rewarded and doesn't always deserve to be
dsyxelic
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1417 Posts
December 05 2017 09:53 GMT
#68
On December 05 2017 18:31 dark.matter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2017 18:29 dsyxelic wrote:
On December 05 2017 17:09 FlaShFTW wrote:
On December 05 2017 16:17 ROOTCatZ wrote:
Ok brother, I have no intention of continuing with this discussion, but i'll leave you my closing thoughts:

"-I think that is fair given that he basically admitted that was lower than his standards"

I think that some of the things you seem to be missing hardcore from your perspective on things and why you think you are "in the clear" to make assumptions like this is that It isn't for you to determine what instances you perceived as "sub par". Sub par is ultimately subjective, as I tried to point out to you earlier, which is to say that a joke you thought was unfunny, I might have thought was funny. iNcontroL thinks he's funny around 85% of the time but because funny is an abstract, subjective, concept... I might think that he is funny 90% of the time! and you might think he's funny only 50%! of the time, and those times between the 3 of us don't even have to overlap. So when you are presumptuous enough to make assumptions on how to improve the delivery of jokes __YOU__ found unfunny it is to me, mind fucking blowing brother, because that likely means that you either don't understand or it hasn't, in this instance, occurred to you that different people find different things funny.

For example, had it occurred to you that _MAYBE_ it seemed more important to incontrol at the time of asking the question on leg-weight to deliver a line his friends the casters or the Twitch audience could quickly relate to instead of attempting to translate so that larva is "in on it?" I understand, completely if you think that Larva being the interviewee should be the focus of the interview, but WHAT IF - given the circumstances / setting I was to disagree? What if I was to say I found the question funny and I wouldn't have found it funny / maybe would've been cringy to me if he had "explained" it to larva? Because from that perspective all of your points / advice on that specific is null, is it not? That's why the first thing I said was that I think your advice seems condescending in spite of it's subjectivity - different people can see the same situation differently thus it being subjective. I think that being absolute and on top of it condescending when pertaining subjectives is a powerful display of arrogance. Like branding fatigue as a trivial/non-valid "excuse" is on that same vein, you realize fatigue IS a real thing right? that it affects different people differently - so while you may fatigue slower, I may fatigue faster, conversely believe it or not I may be better at other things than you, we're not all the same Mein Dude. Lets put it simply using a hyperbolic yet easily relatable example; take your grandma and your kids out to the park and tell them to run around and see which one fatigues faster, then tell your grandma to man the fuck up and stop making excuses the kids are doing just fine. While it isn't my intend to imply that iNcontroL is the grandma in that family (because I think that's Artosis) I want to make it a point that you understand and maybe keep in mind for your future lectures: different people work differently.

As a note on your "direct" insult, I "took least issue" with because.. + Show Spoiler +
[HINT] "poorly disguised cheap shot" [HINT]
I didn't think that's a poorly disguised cheap shot, in case you didn't catch that, it's also in the "Hint" I put under the spoiler.


On December 05 2017 15:27 iNcontroL wrote:
Catz you're a god .. your patience to write that all out is greatly appreciated. I often just start Calling people dumb and guffawing


Haha, no worries man, sometimes I get an itch and I like to write a lot / in detail. Everyone has to pick some to sit out, Much of the time I too start calling people dumb, and while I don't often guffaw, I sometimes cackle

Where the hell is Destiny for you and him to do impersonations vs this guy.


Funny you mention him given we've met before and I could probably hit him up given that we have a very close mutual friend.

But this definitely blew out of proportion and I don't understand why people think I'm a hater when I've generally had no problem with incontrol's cast for the last decade and honestly meant no ill will from my original posts. I really don't understand the sensitivity here.

I did get a bit annoyed when he basically dismissed everything I said basically calling me dumb and arrogant, and people dogpiling on top didn't help, but I still hold no ill will. Just very confused that I'm made out to be a hater lmao.

On December 05 2017 17:58 Wonk wrote:
Well, despite all this bullshit over what feels to me like a very non-issue, I had great fun with the tournament, almost entirely because of the cast. It was totally worth getting up at 4am for. Keeping up banter for 10 straight hours 2x days in a row is no mean feat, and I have nothing but props to all you guys for doing such a stellar job over the weekend. The pictionary had me curled into a borderline fetal position with laughter, I could not fucking handle it. IT'S CANADA! And I just want to thank you guys for taking time out to do these sorts of events and I hope we'll see them again in the future.

Even though I might have got the impression that incontrol was less than pleased during the interview (as it seemed like the chat did), if he says that it wasn't that, then that's it. I don't see the point in stirring drama when there isn't any there. I don't want to see this take away from what was a fantastic weekend, and i hope you guys will do more of these in the future if the chance arises.



This was exactly my sentiment too. I never meant to 'stir up drama' and I don't understand why my post was responded to in the way it did.

Even though I might have got the impression that incontrol was less than pleased during the interview (as it seemed like the chat did), if he says that it wasn't that, then that's it.


This was what I was saying. I understand that he is tired and it showed, and I was able to get clarification on that through this post. But I just wanted to point out things about the part where he talked about Larva being offended because he seemed confused:
He apparently went out to get drinks with the casters later that night at like midnight and I wasn't there.. so he took offence to that? He also apparently had stuff mistranslated and doesn't understand my humor so he was uncomfortable with the interview..
and this was one of the few times I actually have experience with this since during my translator days this was a very common thing where an English speaker would make a dry humor joke and it wouldn't fly very well.

I try to point that out and I'm suddenly an incontrol hater?
???

Yeah fuck me I post once about something incontrol can do better and attempt to provide context on a confusion he had out of the 8+ years I've seen him in the scene and I'm a hater.


I didn't see anything terribly wrong with what you posted, it seemed logical to me honestly 1) its hard to be vulnerable in the public eye so give these guys a break 2) catz mannerisms are what make him unique so I wouldn't worry too much about it 3) incontrol cares about his work 4) its double edged sword when people are involved, humans are difficult, not saying i'm any better than catz or incontrol either, it's just hard when you try to do your best and you still come up "short", being the messenger when trying to help someone improve is not always rewarded and doesn't always deserve to be


Yeah for sure, I'm never posting any form of criticism or opinion to public figures here again lol. I think I was probably just out of touch with the proximity of random posters to public figures especially in the small BW scene and how taxing it can be. It's been a long while since I posted instead of lurking. Didn't mean to harp on him and I definitely got defensive at the end when I was painted as a hater since that was never my intention and I still don't dislike the guy. I understand now that my post could be tiresome to read when dealing with constant criticism from others.
TL/SKT
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5925 Posts
December 05 2017 10:43 GMT
#69
The only way to get incontrol mad is to question his claims about his highest achieved iccup rank

I didn't think you were ever mad, I thought u were really chill throughout. And if it wasn't for the bad jokes I could see myself enjoying you cast.
FBH #1!
Weerwolf
Profile Joined November 2010
75 Posts
December 05 2017 10:52 GMT
#70
I actually thought you were extremely funny. The other guys were so amped and were laughing their asses off, so the other side with the reality checks were actually a hilarious combination.
207aicila
Profile Joined January 2015
1237 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-05 11:06:15
December 05 2017 11:05 GMT
#71
On December 05 2017 13:13 [DUF]MethodMan wrote:
It was obvious to see you were mad. Why else would you defend yourself? Day9 didn't have much to say, Artosis was still laughing his ass off and goofing around. You could've just relaxed.


Yeah, why does the guy who has always got tonnes of undeserved shit for years defend himself? Why doesn't he shut up like these other guys who never catch nearly as much hate?

-______________-''''''''''''''

So many silly people in this thread.... and that 1 post account who even identifies himself as a redditor. What a sad, pathetic sight.

It seems like this community is only getting worse as time goes on; we hardly even deserve people like Geoff anymore (or the other equally wonderful co-hosts)...
mfw people who never followed BW speak about sAviOr as if they know anything... -___-''''
TL+ Member
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-05 11:11:48
December 05 2017 11:11 GMT
#72
On December 05 2017 15:44 dsyxelic wrote:
now this is just ridiculous lmao

I must be getting trolled. glhf then


dsyxelic I feel you. I hope you are getting trolled. I think your advice for him is good and very well spirited. I see no ill spirit from you and I feel your posts are very fair. Ignore the trolls or "fans" that are for some reason taking cheap shots at you.
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States758 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-05 11:20:01
December 05 2017 11:15 GMT
#73
First of all, thanks to all the players and casters and organizers to put up these great events for SC:R.

Well, as a guy who was born in China. I can tell you guys one thing. The Chinese culture these days is very very nationalism. So anything that is possibly insulting like this could be perceived as insult to the country, it doesn't help when the political atmosphere between the 2 country is not that great right now. I don't know how it is in Korea, but I can tell you the Chinese government spend tons of money trying to propaganda that Korea is not good because of recent installment of anti-missile system from USA. Like boycotting Korean owned super market in China, making them go bankrupt, and boycotting Korean pop stars, and Korean culture exports etc etc. xD

Plus, it is a bit disheartening from LX's perspective, it probably hurt him to be publicly humiliated as what Larva have done.

And his post on Chinese social media doesn't help with the circumstances. As the Chinese Media is still at large hunting for anything that can be controversy between China and Korea. Unfortunately the Chinese and the Korean aren't in a honey moon period right now, if we were, I think this could be taken less seriously, and possibly be a good joke.

Aside from what I wrote above. I can understand where both party are coming from. I hope this doesn't kill the love of SCBW from LX. And I also wish the best for Larva, as he is still trying his best to be a professional. I do not like his style and do not agree with what he does, but I hope people don't write all the criticism toward Larva alone if you find yourself does not agree with what he is doing. But rather ask the question how have we as gamer ourselves have made a culture of such. As any media business, it is only serving what people want. There's an audience for it, then someone will find a way to serve it.

I do have to confess I used to be a troll on B.net as well :S
别问,问就是查无此人。
Orite
Profile Joined July 2013
Germany143 Posts
December 05 2017 13:04 GMT
#74
Thanks for clearing it up, iNcontroL. It was a blast having you there, and it felt good you and Artosis poking at least a bit of fun at Larva in the winners interview and I really thought making him talk about his BM and make him feel a bit uncomfortable was more than fair ^ ^

Swarm since 2004 • www.redclan.de • ㅈㅈ
xTJx
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil419 Posts
December 05 2017 13:58 GMT
#75
Welcome to 2017, where people are offended by everything.
No prejudices, i hate everyone equally.
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
December 05 2017 14:09 GMT
#76
Do you guys think that making t-shirts with Larva as a cute cartoon character playing with his feet and deadpan Geoff behind him is a safe way to get rich now?
+
TL+ Member
Wadong
Profile Joined August 2017
16 Posts
December 05 2017 14:52 GMT
#77
I want a shirt of when larva was "shhhhing". Absolutely hillarious.
SOMAA
Profile Joined July 2017
29 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-05 15:43:44
December 05 2017 15:42 GMT
#78
In my opinion trolling between casters is way more annoying / unprofessional than one player trolling another.
Casters should cast the game and all the time I'm listenning about past experiencies of 1on1's between the casters that add nothing to the game. In the first game when Legend was attacking Larva's 3rd you guys were talking about drawing pylons in the map, Artosis talking about Geoff 'gging' when he had the game won. Larva was not disrespectful like that, in fact the first one to write something was Legend when he saw the blood of the drone.
The question about his weight was unapropriate and not very professional imo. Larva's troll was basicaly showing he was a much better player than Legend. Asking the weight of his thigh as a first question is very rude and adds ZERO to the game.
This Larva performance is questionable but it does more to the game than you can imagine. People love villains (like Idra) and that is that.
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
December 05 2017 15:56 GMT
#79
On December 05 2017 22:58 xTJx wrote:
Welcome to 2017, where people are offended by everything.

People aren't any more or less offended than before, they're simply more aware.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
FunkyLich
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States107 Posts
December 05 2017 16:17 GMT
#80
Hey iNcontroL, thanks for the cast. The whole weekend was a blast, and I always get a kick out of your humor even if you do come off a bit harsh sometimes (poor Artosis LOL).

I'm just a rando to you, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I've been following the BW scene pretty much non-stop since 2005 or so, even when SC2 was at it's height. These are just my perceptions, and I also have not read this whole thread, just bits here and there.

I personally didn't think you were angry during the interview, because I've seen your casting often enough. I do remember people in the twitch chat were saying you were salty, and this can turn into a feedback loop for viewers, but I didn't necessarily get that vibe. What I did see was discomfort in the translator. That's where I saw the tension. It was visible, and it bled off on Larva.

This information on the interpreter is post event lol. I had no idea who he was or how good he was. I also had no idea how good his translating was as I don't have a running translator rank in my robotic eye from sky net.


This quote from you is the most telling of anything IMO. Why didn't you know anything about him? Why do I still know nothing about him? It doesn't speak to you specifically, but to organizers, and casters in general, treating translators as a secondary "means to an end". In other words, they're just here to move words back and forth. Isn't this kind of sad? It's not just a thing between you and this translator. All the translators seem to get this kind of treatment from everyone. For example, why don't I know the name of the woman who was translating for Legend? She appeared on the couch multiple times, but never got an introduction.

I'm not saying you guys are explicitly disrespecting them, just not showing them much love for the value they are bringing. I'm saying we should get to know them a little bit. I would argue that if a translator is necessary to communicate with the player, they are the second most important person on the couch. Right? So it should be obvious, as casters you would want to build some rapport with them so they feel more comfortable. It's not always about how good the translator is. Sometimes things you say just don't translate, like inside jokes. And it leaves the translator, who already feels alienated, baffled, like "what am I missing here?", so he asks the wrong question, "Larva, how much do you weigh?". Often, it felt like you guys were just talking at the translator, saying things like "yeah, translate that specifically", in an almost demanding way, without asking if it would translate at all. As a viewer, I didn't like that. And I don't think it was anything malicious from you guys, it's just not something you think about often, but you should.

I feel like you are getting a lot of heat for something that is ultimately a shared responsibility of casters. It's not all on you.

But anyway, don't want to leave it sour. I really am glad to see you casting some BW again man. Overall really good stuff this weekend. Also, just wanted to say, the SC:R launch event was insanely fun and memorable. Thanks for the cast!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
Codebar 28
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1085
Mini 905
Soma 602
Shuttle 552
actioN 467
Rush 374
Light 316
ggaemo 311
Larva 293
Stork 293
[ Show more ]
BeSt 237
Horang2 216
Snow 170
hero 151
firebathero 120
Dewaltoss 106
Barracks 106
Aegong 73
Zeus 71
Shine 60
Shinee 55
Sharp 39
Liquid`Ret 39
Sexy 35
Sea.KH 33
JYJ 30
soO 27
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 26
sorry 26
zelot 17
Rock 14
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8869
qojqva2032
Dendi841
420jenkins147
Counter-Strike
fl0m1292
Fnx 803
x6flipin398
edward54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5437
Grubby449
Other Games
singsing1479
B2W.Neo987
byalli496
Mlord340
ceh9273
Khaldor263
DeMusliM220
Liquid`VortiX167
ArmadaUGS132
KnowMe128
Beastyqt80
Trikslyr51
BRAT_OK 40
Railgan19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV230
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH249
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile125
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV362
League of Legends
• Nemesis2469
• TFBlade774
Other Games
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 45m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 45m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.