• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:23
CEST 09:23
KST 16:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8055 users

Larva / ZOTAC / my "anger"

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-11 16:39:34
December 04 2017 19:08 GMT
#1
Hello,

Going to make this post here for most visibility since this thing is taking a life of it's own and I am tired of reading individual posts where people are just plowing forward with uninformed opinions that are trying to maximize drama.

Myself, Artosis, Day9 and Tasteless did a 2 day event with B-roll being filmed the day before. We casted for a total of 22 hours with day 1 being 13 and day 2 being 9. That is a really really long day with 4 guys constantly talking and mostly getting 5-10 min bathroom / lunch breaks.

Zotac took great care of us but that is a LONG day. What ends up happening is sometimes we run a dry. I make a LOT of jokes and I :"troll" I like to think I am somewhere in the ballpark of 85% funny but that means over the course of that time I am going to be a bit too mean, just dumb or not funny etc. Also, I am not everyone's cup of tea and I've grown to accept that! I love StarCraft and hanging with my buds and being casual and having fun WAS what we were asked to do so I did that. Not telling you you HAVE to enjoy my style or whatever but that is the backdrop.

I think the event went mostly well so I won't go over all of it but lets get to the tail end of day 2.

I was really really tired. Was I mad at all at any point? Nope. I had my Seahawks live feed scrolling on my phone and I had decided I was trolling (Artosis) too much so I backed off and tried to give some more air to the fellas. During Larva's match I was not impressed with the level of trolling he was doing but it only meant I was rooting for Legend to win or at least put up a fight. Don't think I said or did anything that indicated I was "mad" -- anyone reading and saying stuff like "Nah man, look at his face! The way he says words.." it's this kind of shit I have gotten for years since SOTG. People WANT me to be mad at someone or some kind of drama.. it has as of yet never actually happened the way people want (or at all really).

During the interview I asked him silly questions to try and get the discussion away from "man legend is bad and you made fun of him" so I asked him about his thigh cuz I for some reason during the cast estimated it to weigh 17 lbs.. wtf. I also asked him about researching more troll techniques and that was about it. I did it all deadpan because I do that 96% of the time. That.. is literally it. Afterwards we went out and got drinks with the blizz guys and casters. Had some laughs and I went to my hotel room at about 10pm because I was getting picked up for my flight at 5 am and needed to wake up at 4am or so.

Larva told his chat he was upset that I was trolling him and he felt like I was mad. He apparently went out to get drinks with the casters later that night at like midnight and I wasn't there.. so he took offence to that? He also apparently had stuff mistranslated and doesn't understand my humor so he was uncomfortable with the interview.. I really don't give a damn though because it equates to Larva didn't like being trolled in his winners interview after he trolled Legendary. Felt like it was fair game to me O_o

The event was fun but it was small and casual with a lot of joking around. This drama is dumb mostly. It wasn't in the rules that Larva couldn't act that way and he is SO good that he CAN and still win. Had he lost while trolling we'd all have doubled down on making him feel bad about it but instead he backed up his BM and walked the walk. I sense a lot of bored BW fans and some odd racial tension between korea and china (I don't understand it myself obviously) but I didn't want my name to keep popping up without people hearing my side I guess?

At the end of the day if you think I am lying and I was just really mad or something that is on you. I can only tell you what I think and hope for the best.

We plan on doing more events like this so I am going to get really used to hearing how people think I am mad or not funny or need the attention etc.. been happening since SOTG and will continue. I'm still just gonna keep showing up and making the majority of the people happy
AManHasNoName
Profile Joined September 2017
United States165 Posts
December 04 2017 19:12 GMT
#2
Thanks for posting this to clear things up as much as possible. I thought it was an awesome event with a ton of hilarious moments. I'm glad that you're (hopefully) giving people 1 less thing to make drama about.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
MMA_fan_
Profile Joined October 2017
United States35 Posts
December 04 2017 19:15 GMT
#3
Thanks for the statement Geoff, I do have to admit that I was one that assumed your salt especially during the post-game interview. From the outside looking in, it definitely seemed like you were being pretty passive-aggressive. I guess I'm just not familiar enough with your style of humor to have understood right away, but I appreciate you clearing things up. keep on keeping on, friend.
jangbi and bisu are my favorite players
starkiller123
Profile Joined January 2016
United States4030 Posts
December 04 2017 19:17 GMT
#4
people are idiots, what else is new. I loved the casting, just great listening to you guys all talking about old school stuff and joking around
Trutaacz
Profile Joined August 2017
Poland101 Posts
December 04 2017 19:23 GMT
#5
Hey,
Why do we get "VIP only allowed" tournaments in SC:R?
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
December 04 2017 19:24 GMT
#6
Think the translation was bit off the second day. The translating for first day was amazing and almost perfect, but second day was often hit and miss (and sarcasm got poorly crossed I noticed- came off as aggressive after ENG->KR instead of sarcastic/joking). Same with him translating back
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
December 04 2017 19:25 GMT
#7
Rewatching the videos, I can easily see why people who don't know you so well could see it as you being mad. It didn't come across super well, especially in the clip that's getting posted around the most. Just an unfortunate situation.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
December 04 2017 19:29 GMT
#8
On December 05 2017 04:25 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Rewatching the videos, I can easily see why people who don't know you so well could see it as you being mad. It didn't come across super well, especially in the clip that's getting posted around the most. Just an unfortunate situation.

This, but I think once incontrol posted his thoughts it should have died - but I guess nothing dies on the internet, especially not if the false story is more compelling than the truth.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
December 04 2017 19:32 GMT
#9
larva is such a weird guy considering he is on more than a couple of afreeca rage compilations when he lost in ""dumb"" games.. i wonder how he would feel if a better zerg like JD or effort pulled a stunt like he did during a broadcasted match.

also, not a fan of the tournament as a whole, but that has nothing to do with the casters.
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 19:47:16
December 04 2017 19:42 GMT
#10
People got way more excited about this stuff than I would have expected. I hope the vitriol dies down and we can have another event.

I had a positive experience watching this weekend and I'm thankful to everyone who participated!
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
December 04 2017 20:03 GMT
#11
Thanks for clearing it up, you all did an awesome job and your casting / sense of humor was on point, I did really feel like his trolling did upset you but now I understand, thanks for the post.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Eleonora
Profile Joined April 2017
29 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-04 20:07:11
December 04 2017 20:06 GMT
#12
I'm not sure people care that much about what you did overall in the cast. I personnally enjoyed all the jabs you were throwing at Artosis regarding the easyness of playing Terran, but what people, i believe, didn't get, is why you had to act as such a "party popper" once Larva started trolling.
As early as game 1 you weren't "having it" (as you said), that's your right, but why exactly ? You would have preferred the boredom of a 3 - 0 stomp with nothing to talk about ?

I do agree with you that people totally overreact about your supposed state of "madness" during the event, but in any case, you tried over and over to break the fun the others had, and it's hard to really understand why. If you know anything about Larva, you know that the guy doesn't take himself seriously and does that kind of stuff in a cheeky/joyful way, not as a mean to humiliate someone he dislikes.

Very simple explanation as to why people thought you were mad afterwards... the rest of what you did during the cast is a non-issue here.

(Also, i'm pretty sure Larva isn't really mad at you either, lot of stuff is lost in translation both ways imo.)
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
December 04 2017 20:08 GMT
#13
I didn't see whatever the heck happened live as it was in the wee hours of the morning in the UK and I was sleeping ready for work this morning, but from what I've seen the whole thing looks blown entirely out of proportion. You certainly just seemed like you usually are, deadpan and trolly 60% of the time and that's fine, that's your thing!

People just seemed to take that the wrong way given the situation for some reason :s
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
December 04 2017 20:10 GMT
#14
There are several threads floating around BW General that are all pertaining to the same topic. Let's keep it all in one thread for the sake of coherence.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
December 04 2017 20:19 GMT
#15
Keep on trucking Incontrol! ignore the haters and keep being you! Good on you for making a statement to shut up the silly people and i agree 100% with you!
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
December 04 2017 23:13 GMT
#16
Upon further thought, iNcontroL's thread has been unlocked.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
December 04 2017 23:23 GMT
#17
Appreciate the clarification post from incontrol. I've casted 4 hours straight and get tired, the fact that he did 22 hours in 2 days is impressive and absolutely understandable that he would want to rest a bit, especially with a 5am flight the next day.

And idk why people are getting so upset at incontrol, even if he was upset at Larva. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on what Larva did. No reason to witch hunt. Keep trucking incontrol.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
blunderfulguy
Profile Blog Joined April 2016
United States1415 Posts
December 04 2017 23:29 GMT
#18
On December 05 2017 08:23 FlaShFTW wrote:
Appreciate the clarification post from incontrol. I've casted 4 hours straight and get tired, the fact that he did 22 hours in 2 days is impressive and absolutely understandable that he would want to rest a bit, especially with a 5am flight the next day.

And idk why people are getting so upset at incontrol, even if he was upset at Larva. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on what Larva did. No reason to witch hunt. Keep trucking incontrol.

Was about to say pretty much this exact same thing, so I'll just give this a thumbs up and brief head nod.
Blunder Man doing everything thing a blunder can.
Chrh
Profile Joined December 2012
United States13 Posts
December 04 2017 23:41 GMT
#19
who wasn't mad, anyone who was actually there to watch good games was mad. Entire finals was a giant waste of time. i had a great time watching the rest of the tourney. Especially the NA / SA one. All that build up then giant let down of a guy who is way better then anyone else there just trolling. No other pro would have done that. I just lost what little respect for larva i had when he did it. Its one thing to disrespect a opponent of equal skill. Its quite another to do it the way it was done.
dark.matter
Profile Joined April 2017
179 Posts
December 04 2017 23:48 GMT
#20
On December 05 2017 08:41 Chrh wrote:
who wasn't mad, anyone who was actually there to watch good games was mad. Entire finals was a giant waste of time. i had a great time watching the rest of the tourney. Especially the NA / SA one. All that build up then giant let down of a guy who is way better then anyone else there just trolling. No other pro would have done that. I just lost what little respect for larva i had when he did it. Its one thing to disrespect a opponent of equal skill. Its quite another to do it the way it was done.


Well it comes down to whether you're a Larva fan or not. If you're not, you're going to get really boring games where the player you are rooting for ie. Legend gets stomped on, if you are, you're going to have a great time in the way larva stomps his opponent. It was just a show match, not a national competition. The real winner is Michael anyway.

Could it have gone better? Yes I think absolutely yes, if he had somehow involved Legend or something in that case. He could have played it straight and decimated him in a boring obvious fashion. Legend himself said he was there for fun since he was no longer a professional.
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 165
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 641
HiyA 189
Mong 67
Shine 44
NotJumperer 35
Bale 28
Noble 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 577
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 833
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft778
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9399
Happy366
PiGStarcraft355
olofmeister237
Livibee121
ArmadaUGS32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream530
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH133
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2387
League of Legends
• Lourlo1393
• Rush1393
• Stunt454
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.