• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:22
CEST 12:22
KST 19:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8822 users

StarCraft: Remastered Graphics Comparisons - Page 11

Forum Index > BW General
255 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
KrOjah
Profile Joined March 2017
United Kingdom68 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-28 15:47:45
March 28 2017 15:46 GMT
#201
I am happy with the vast majority of changes. Not quite sure about the Hydra design, but things are shaping up nicely so far.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
March 28 2017 17:03 GMT
#202
I would really like to see a side by side with all unit and building models, as well as animations like

storm
defiler cloud
reaver scarab
iradiate
arbiter warp in/stasis
etc

hoping the spell animations got an overhaul as well. I can't really tell from these videos
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
RedW4rr10r
Profile Joined January 2010
Switzerland749 Posts
March 28 2017 17:35 GMT
#203
On March 29 2017 02:03 mOnion wrote:
I would really like to see a side by side with all unit and building models, as well as animations like

storm
defiler cloud
reaver scarab
iradiate
arbiter warp in/stasis
etc

hoping the spell animations got an overhaul as well. I can't really tell from these videos

Why would you? You don't even know the spells' real names .. xD

Jokes aside: True though, since after the trailer, I've been wondering, too, how the spells animation look like. I was thinking about storm and plague the most.
Rip & Tear until it is done!
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
March 28 2017 17:42 GMT
#204
On March 29 2017 02:35 RedW4rr10r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2017 02:03 mOnion wrote:
I would really like to see a side by side with all unit and building models, as well as animations like

storm
defiler cloud dark swarm
reaver scarab
iradiate
warp in RECALLU/stasis
etc

hoping the spell animations got an overhaul as well. I can't really tell from these videos

Why would you? You don't even know the spells' real names .. xD

Jokes aside: True though, since after the trailer, I've been wondering, too, how the spells animation look like. I was thinking about storm and plague the most.


lol been a long time since I played actively, i'm getting old cut me some slack xD

I didn't think about plaguu, the old red gunk on the new designed models would look strange for sure
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
RedW4rr10r
Profile Joined January 2010
Switzerland749 Posts
March 28 2017 17:49 GMT
#205
On March 29 2017 02:42 mOnion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2017 02:35 RedW4rr10r wrote:
On March 29 2017 02:03 mOnion wrote:
I would really like to see a side by side with all unit and building models, as well as animations like

storm
defiler cloud dark swarm
reaver scarab
iradiate
warp in RECALLU/stasis
etc

hoping the spell animations got an overhaul as well. I can't really tell from these videos

Why would you? You don't even know the spells' real names .. xD

Jokes aside: True though, since after the trailer, I've been wondering, too, how the spells animation look like. I was thinking about storm and plague the most.


lol been a long time since I played actively, i'm getting old cut me some slack xD

I didn't think about plaguu, the old red gunk on the new designed models would look strange for sure

Haha, I imagine dark swarm (aka defiler cloud^^) looking weird. My brain just can't handle it being in HD... weird. I guess plague will be HD red instead of just red... Gonna be exciting how the spells will look like for sure!
Rip & Tear until it is done!
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
March 28 2017 17:49 GMT
#206
On March 29 2017 02:49 RedW4rr10r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2017 02:42 mOnion wrote:
On March 29 2017 02:35 RedW4rr10r wrote:
On March 29 2017 02:03 mOnion wrote:
I would really like to see a side by side with all unit and building models, as well as animations like

storm
defiler cloud dark swarm
reaver scarab
iradiate
warp in RECALLU/stasis
etc

hoping the spell animations got an overhaul as well. I can't really tell from these videos

Why would you? You don't even know the spells' real names .. xD

Jokes aside: True though, since after the trailer, I've been wondering, too, how the spells animation look like. I was thinking about storm and plague the most.


lol been a long time since I played actively, i'm getting old cut me some slack xD

I didn't think about plaguu, the old red gunk on the new designed models would look strange for sure

Haha, I imagine dark swarm (aka defiler cloud^^) looking weird. My brain just can't handle it being in HD... weird. I guess plague will be HD red instead of just red... Gonna be exciting how the spells will look like for sure!


I fixed it in my quooooote :D
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Bloodshot89
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada4 Posts
March 28 2017 18:03 GMT
#207
I made a long post on the official blizzard forums addressing my concern with the updated marine graphics, which got deleted twice... Not sure why but I'll add it here.

So, the updated marine does not pop out on the screen as much.

On the Starcraft Remastered homepage, where there are the 5 graphical comparisons, there's a group of brown marine/medic getting killed by yellow muta/ling. I'm sure you've all seen it by now.

I don't know if it's just me, but the marines really badly blend into the dark road tiles. In the original artwork,they're less "realistic" looking, but have better visibility because of the lighter grey color glints on the armor. The new artwork looks cool but has a darker grey metal design, which seems to blend in with darker tile sets pretty badly.

Does this bother anyone else?
RedW4rr10r
Profile Joined January 2010
Switzerland749 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-28 18:16:29
March 28 2017 18:14 GMT
#208
On March 29 2017 03:03 Bloodshot89 wrote:
I made a long post on the official blizzard forums addressing my concern with the updated marine graphics, which got deleted twice... Not sure why but I'll add it here.

So, the updated marine does not pop out on the screen as much.

On the Starcraft Remastered homepage, where there are the 5 graphical comparisons, there's a group of brown marine/medic getting killed by yellow muta/ling. I'm sure you've all seen it by now.

I don't know if it's just me, but the marines really badly blend into the dark road tiles. In the original artwork,they're less "realistic" looking, but have better visibility because of the lighter grey color glints on the armor. The new artwork looks cool but has a darker grey metal design, which seems to blend in with darker tile sets pretty badly.

Does this bother anyone else?

I wonder why it got deleted o.O
Well, I've seen it before but didn't think about it but I know (and now see) what you mean. In a certain angle they're harder to see, that's true. I assume this won't be the final version but if yes, allied colors could help? I don't know. To be fair, burrowed lurker are hard to see, too. Especially on Ground Zero (or Ash tilesets in general) - and yes, I'm a Zerg player myself ^^

edit: Hm... burrowed lurkers seem to be seen better now since they a greyish semi-circle on the top (can't really explain but it looks more 3D this way).
Rip & Tear until it is done!
sfca
Profile Joined December 2015
Mexico12 Posts
March 28 2017 19:00 GMT
#209
anyone know something about this SC:R working on mac?? please some one help me !!
Bloodshot89
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada4 Posts
March 28 2017 19:01 GMT
#210
On March 29 2017 03:14 RedW4rr10r wrote:
I wonder why it got deleted o.O
Well, I've seen it before but didn't think about it but I know (and now see) what you mean. In a certain angle they're harder to see, that's true. I assume this won't be the final version but if yes, allied colors could help? I don't know. To be fair, burrowed lurker are hard to see, too. Especially on Ground Zero (or Ash tilesets in general) - and yes, I'm a Zerg player myself ^^

edit: Hm... burrowed lurkers seem to be seen better now since they a greyish semi-circle on the top (can't really explain but it looks more 3D this way).


I posted it twice and it was deleted both times with no reason given so I dunno. I figure feedback like that would be helpful unless they're completely done with the new sprite designs.

And yeah I agree, using allied colors would improve it, but I'm just finding the dark grey they are using for the metal parts of their armor to be too dark. Should be fine, might just take some getting used to.
Bloodshot89
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada4 Posts
March 28 2017 19:07 GMT
#211
On March 29 2017 04:00 sfca wrote:
anyone know something about this SC:R working on mac?? please some one help me !!


Yes they said remaster will be available for mac.

They're also releasing a 1.18 mac beta this Thursday or something according to this:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20753805418?page=2#post-22
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
March 28 2017 19:10 GMT
#212
On March 29 2017 00:00 Broodwar4lyf wrote:
would they ever dare try to do another expansion? or is that blasphemous already? lol



Uh... you mean SC2?
www.broodwarmaps.net
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-28 20:47:28
March 28 2017 20:47 GMT
#213
On March 28 2017 13:57 RWLabs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2017 13:46 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Confused about the unit portraits, what are those?

Those aren't the little portraits you see at the bottom are they?

Cus the 3 here are obviously painted in 2D. But in the footage they shared, the unit portraits are animated and thus must be in 3D.

Considering the video has the Battlecruiser with updated portraits, I presume those are concept art.

On March 28 2017 13:59 eviltomahawk wrote:

Show nested quote +
On March 28 2017 13:46 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Confused about the unit portraits, what are those?

Those aren't the little portraits you see at the bottom are they?

Cus the 3 here are obviously painted in 2D. But in the footage they shared, the unit portraits are animated and thus must be in 3D.

Maybe the portraits will be animated based on the 2D paintings. In the screenshots in the interview thread, the portraits look redone in that style.


Ah makes sense, thanks. It's cool looking at such skilled artist's concept art.

On March 28 2017 14:55 Acritter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2017 13:46 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Confused about the unit portraits, what are those?

Those aren't the little portraits you see at the bottom are they?

Cus the 3 here are obviously painted in 2D. But in the footage they shared, the unit portraits are animated and thus must be in 3D.

I don't entirely see why they couldn't be 2D and also animated. Perhaps it could be prerendered, for one?


Err, I mean that they couldn't have possibly had painted 2D images being animated since that's just ridiculous work.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
March 28 2017 21:47 GMT
#214
On March 29 2017 03:03 Bloodshot89 wrote:
I made a long post on the official blizzard forums addressing my concern with the updated marine graphics, which got deleted twice... Not sure why but I'll add it here.

So, the updated marine does not pop out on the screen as much.

On the Starcraft Remastered homepage, where there are the 5 graphical comparisons, there's a group of brown marine/medic getting killed by yellow muta/ling. I'm sure you've all seen it by now.

I don't know if it's just me, but the marines really badly blend into the dark road tiles. In the original artwork,they're less "realistic" looking, but have better visibility because of the lighter grey color glints on the armor. The new artwork looks cool but has a darker grey metal design, which seems to blend in with darker tile sets pretty badly.

Does this bother anyone else?


Oh well they will fix that i guess. Marines are a little bit darker and burrowed lurker are a bit thin but if it's a problem they'll update it.

After being released and seeing it crumble to rise on the chinese side. Then to be back in Korea and now to be updated....

I'm so happy to see this game beeing birthed a 4th time.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Broodwar4lyf
Profile Blog Joined February 2016
304 Posts
March 28 2017 23:37 GMT
#215
On March 29 2017 04:10 JungleTerrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2017 00:00 Broodwar4lyf wrote:
would they ever dare try to do another expansion? or is that blasphemous already? lol



Uh... you mean SC2?


BW, I mean there are empty boxes in the units window. I'm scared but also a bit excited they might put their filthy paws on the game for microtransactions haha
https://cinesnipe.com
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-29 01:26:22
March 29 2017 01:22 GMT
#216
New comparison gif from the official Starcraft Facebook page

[image loading]

Dunno why the medic keeps changing her shield positioning lol
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
miercat
Profile Joined November 2011
394 Posts
March 29 2017 01:47 GMT
#217
http://giant.gfycat.com/ChubbyUntimelyFossa.mp4

Protoss Pylon explosion animation seems a bit overdone. Animation seems to take up too much space, and lasts a long time. Bright as well, and obscures the units near it. Don't really like the style of the explosion either, old style was better.

Overall the graphic improvements are good move though.
ejac
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1195 Posts
March 29 2017 02:54 GMT
#218
On March 29 2017 10:22 eviltomahawk wrote:
New comparison gif from the official Starcraft Facebook page

[image loading]

Dunno why the medic keeps changing her shield positioning lol

This happens in game, not that anyone would ever notice. Pretty sure it's so that her shield is never blocking her "healing light" regardless of her orientation.
esq>n
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
March 29 2017 03:27 GMT
#219
On March 29 2017 10:22 eviltomahawk wrote:
New comparison gif from the official Starcraft Facebook page

[image loading]

Dunno why the medic keeps changing her shield positioning lol


Wow they look pretty good I feel.
And I didn't know the medic had a zapper thingy on her hand, always thought it was her hand that lit up when she was healing
www.broodwarmaps.net
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-29 03:58:29
March 29 2017 03:58 GMT
#220
On March 29 2017 12:27 JungleTerrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2017 10:22 eviltomahawk wrote:
New comparison gif from the official Starcraft Facebook page

[image loading]

Dunno why the medic keeps changing her shield positioning lol


Wow they look pretty good I feel.
And I didn't know the medic had a zapper thingy on her hand, always thought it was her hand that lit up when she was healing

The original concept art and renders of the medic had a syringes on her arm. It's cool to see that detail on the new sprite.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 11651
StarCastTV_EN238
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 291
Lowko198
ProTech88
Rex 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 8404
EffOrt 3872
BeSt 1260
Larva 1035
Hyuk 689
Horang2 675
ZerO 669
Zeus 208
Hyun 195
Killer 135
[ Show more ]
Light 133
Stork 133
Barracks 111
Rush 71
Shinee 44
Yoon 40
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 30
Terrorterran 24
Mong 23
PianO 21
Sacsri 17
HiyA 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
sorry 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 655
XcaliburYe344
League of Legends
KnowMe36
Counter-Strike
byalli751
Other Games
singsing2001
olofmeister1450
crisheroes234
Livibee185
Sick147
ArmadaUGS56
Mew2King53
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 167
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1979
• Stunt426
Other Games
• WagamamaTV156
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
38m
Rex24
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.