• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6725 users

StarCraft: Remastered coming in May? - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
1190 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 60 Next
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
March 14 2017 15:18 GMT
#141
There is zero chance Blizzard will release this for free. I'll still probably buy it, but they wouldn't do this without financial gain.

How much do you think it'll be? I'm guessing about 20 bucks or so.
raff100
Profile Joined April 2011
498 Posts
March 14 2017 15:21 GMT
#142
I'm praying for this
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
March 14 2017 15:28 GMT
#143
Come whatever May...
don't wall off against random
SeriousForU
Profile Joined July 2004
United States5 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-14 15:42:07
March 14 2017 15:40 GMT
#144
BW!! Seeing how this is my first post in over 13 years I'm hopeful.

If I recall correctly, something like 50% of all BW sales (worldwide) came from Korea back in the day. With the resurgence of BW in Korea via ASL season 1/2 individual leagues and Team Battles this rumor makes some sense.

Don't forget how much revenue the top streamers are making per month in Korea right now http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/519658-february-players-revenue-rangking-top15! Top 2 are just under 45,000,000 wan or $40,000 US dollars. Considering that's based solely on streaming (not tournaments) that leads me to believe quite a a bit of interest is still out there.

So yea, I'm hopeful.
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
March 14 2017 16:00 GMT
#145
Eh, I'm cautiously optimistic. If nothing else it's good for replaying the campaigns.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-14 16:00:57
March 14 2017 16:00 GMT
#146
Down for this.
kiss kiss fall in love
woodedmicrobe9
Profile Joined October 2014
Finland18 Posts
March 14 2017 16:06 GMT
#147
Hype ?!
My Life For Special Tactics
blunderfulguy
Profile Blog Joined April 2016
United States1415 Posts
March 14 2017 16:14 GMT
#148
I don't see Blizzard announcing it so soon before the release, it seems off, and I also don't see it having much of an impact on non-Korean esports since BW really wasn't all that popular in the Americas, Europe, or even China. Of course it would still be cool to see a visually upgraded BW with modern usability. If it is a real thing, I'd definitely pick it up to play the campaign again.
Blunder Man doing everything thing a blunder can.
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-14 16:29:36
March 14 2017 16:28 GMT
#149
On March 15 2017 01:14 blunderfulguy wrote:
I don't see Blizzard announcing it so soon before the release, it seems off, and I also don't see it having much of an impact on non-Korean esports since BW really wasn't all that popular in the Americas, Europe, or even China.

11 million copies sold, #6 selling PC game of all-time. It was a hit in other places than just Korea, obviously.

User was warned for being hilarious
MadaoDotaSc2
Profile Blog Joined September 2015
Greece35 Posts
March 14 2017 16:40 GMT
#150
Those rumors were up since the Blizzcon 2k16 hope its true, since shieldbattery doesnt give me an invite for 3 months now :D
Ex manager of Mousesports, Ad Finem Dota 2
onlystar
Profile Joined March 2015
United States971 Posts
March 14 2017 16:44 GMT
#151
cant believe people fall for the same rumor twice

without an official word from blizzard this article is basically clickbait
Jae Zedong
Profile Joined September 2016
407 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-14 16:47:42
March 14 2017 16:45 GMT
#152
On March 15 2017 01:28 [[Starlight]] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 01:14 blunderfulguy wrote:
I don't see Blizzard announcing it so soon before the release, it seems off, and I also don't see it having much of an impact on non-Korean esports since BW really wasn't all that popular in the Americas, Europe, or even China.

11 million copies sold, #6 selling PC game of all-time. It was a hit in other places than just Korea, obviously.



Yup, it was very very popular. I played on B.net all the time from 1999-2010 or so, always lots of players online. Even the UMS scene was incredible!

I think it was the second most popular online game in the west behind only Counter-Strike during the early years before WoW was released.
Tyrant.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 14 2017 16:53 GMT
#153
On March 15 2017 00:03 Musicus wrote:
I think it's funny how sc2 fans seem to be more excited about this than BW fans.

The classic BW won't cease to exist. Fish and iCCup will still be around. BW pros won't touch the game if the gameplay is not exactly the same. So what's there to complain about?

This is all around exciting news and imo it's about new and young players getting to enjoy BW. It's about people who will only play what appears in the bnet launcher. I don't mind the BW graphics at all, they look awesome to me, but I'm old and grew up playing C&C on N64. If this version gets 12 - 18 year olds to play some StarCraft and it looks less offputting for twitch viewers, that's a win for me.

I never played the multiplayer, but I would try for sure if it's in the bnet launcher and offers matchmaking. (Like Ret I'd just need custom hotkeys if I wanted to play for real :p)

The only thing to worry about is, if it's true or not.

Classic BW won't cease to exist, but tournament organizers could easily be suayed to use the remastered version for their tournaments.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
March 14 2017 17:07 GMT
#154
On March 15 2017 01:53 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 00:03 Musicus wrote:
I think it's funny how sc2 fans seem to be more excited about this than BW fans.

The classic BW won't cease to exist. Fish and iCCup will still be around. BW pros won't touch the game if the gameplay is not exactly the same. So what's there to complain about?

This is all around exciting news and imo it's about new and young players getting to enjoy BW. It's about people who will only play what appears in the bnet launcher. I don't mind the BW graphics at all, they look awesome to me, but I'm old and grew up playing C&C on N64. If this version gets 12 - 18 year olds to play some StarCraft and it looks less offputting for twitch viewers, that's a win for me.

I never played the multiplayer, but I would try for sure if it's in the bnet launcher and offers matchmaking. (Like Ret I'd just need custom hotkeys if I wanted to play for real :p)

The only thing to worry about is, if it's true or not.

Classic BW won't cease to exist, but tournament organizers could easily be suayed to use the remastered version for their tournaments.

We shall go wherever Bisu goes.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-14 17:26:31
March 14 2017 17:21 GMT
#155
On March 15 2017 01:53 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 00:03 Musicus wrote:
I think it's funny how sc2 fans seem to be more excited about this than BW fans.

The classic BW won't cease to exist. Fish and iCCup will still be around. BW pros won't touch the game if the gameplay is not exactly the same. So what's there to complain about?

This is all around exciting news and imo it's about new and young players getting to enjoy BW. It's about people who will only play what appears in the bnet launcher. I don't mind the BW graphics at all, they look awesome to me, but I'm old and grew up playing C&C on N64. If this version gets 12 - 18 year olds to play some StarCraft and it looks less offputting for twitch viewers, that's a win for me.

I never played the multiplayer, but I would try for sure if it's in the bnet launcher and offers matchmaking. (Like Ret I'd just need custom hotkeys if I wanted to play for real :p)

The only thing to worry about is, if it's true or not.

Classic BW won't cease to exist, but tournament organizers could easily be suayed to use the remastered version for their tournaments.

I think that could only happen with 100% identical gameplay and then I see no problem with it. Otherwise Flash, Bisu and the rest would never touch it and without them tournament organisers would not touch it either.

A remastered version in bnet should be celebrated by everybody who likes the pro scene. Because for the pro scene, getting young/new players and viewers into SC is the most important issue. And that's exactly what a higher resolution and bnet support will achieve.

If there are then still people who don't like it, just because of the graphics and battle.net, I think they are being ridiculous. But they'll still have the original and other servers at least.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
March 14 2017 17:26 GMT
#156
On March 15 2017 02:07 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 01:53 lestye wrote:
On March 15 2017 00:03 Musicus wrote:
I think it's funny how sc2 fans seem to be more excited about this than BW fans.

The classic BW won't cease to exist. Fish and iCCup will still be around. BW pros won't touch the game if the gameplay is not exactly the same. So what's there to complain about?

This is all around exciting news and imo it's about new and young players getting to enjoy BW. It's about people who will only play what appears in the bnet launcher. I don't mind the BW graphics at all, they look awesome to me, but I'm old and grew up playing C&C on N64. If this version gets 12 - 18 year olds to play some StarCraft and it looks less offputting for twitch viewers, that's a win for me.

I never played the multiplayer, but I would try for sure if it's in the bnet launcher and offers matchmaking. (Like Ret I'd just need custom hotkeys if I wanted to play for real :p)

The only thing to worry about is, if it's true or not.

Classic BW won't cease to exist, but tournament organizers could easily be suayed to use the remastered version for their tournaments.

We shall go wherever Bisu goes.

does this mean forcefields wills be in BW HD?
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
March 14 2017 17:29 GMT
#157
On March 15 2017 02:26 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 02:07 BisuDagger wrote:
On March 15 2017 01:53 lestye wrote:
On March 15 2017 00:03 Musicus wrote:
I think it's funny how sc2 fans seem to be more excited about this than BW fans.

The classic BW won't cease to exist. Fish and iCCup will still be around. BW pros won't touch the game if the gameplay is not exactly the same. So what's there to complain about?

This is all around exciting news and imo it's about new and young players getting to enjoy BW. It's about people who will only play what appears in the bnet launcher. I don't mind the BW graphics at all, they look awesome to me, but I'm old and grew up playing C&C on N64. If this version gets 12 - 18 year olds to play some StarCraft and it looks less offputting for twitch viewers, that's a win for me.

I never played the multiplayer, but I would try for sure if it's in the bnet launcher and offers matchmaking. (Like Ret I'd just need custom hotkeys if I wanted to play for real :p)

The only thing to worry about is, if it's true or not.

Classic BW won't cease to exist, but tournament organizers could easily be suayed to use the remastered version for their tournaments.

We shall go wherever Bisu goes.

does this mean forcefields wills be in BW HD?

That'll happen the day dropships can carry siege mode tanks.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
March 14 2017 17:36 GMT
#158
On March 15 2017 02:29 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2017 02:26 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 15 2017 02:07 BisuDagger wrote:
On March 15 2017 01:53 lestye wrote:
On March 15 2017 00:03 Musicus wrote:
I think it's funny how sc2 fans seem to be more excited about this than BW fans.

The classic BW won't cease to exist. Fish and iCCup will still be around. BW pros won't touch the game if the gameplay is not exactly the same. So what's there to complain about?

This is all around exciting news and imo it's about new and young players getting to enjoy BW. It's about people who will only play what appears in the bnet launcher. I don't mind the BW graphics at all, they look awesome to me, but I'm old and grew up playing C&C on N64. If this version gets 12 - 18 year olds to play some StarCraft and it looks less offputting for twitch viewers, that's a win for me.

I never played the multiplayer, but I would try for sure if it's in the bnet launcher and offers matchmaking. (Like Ret I'd just need custom hotkeys if I wanted to play for real :p)

The only thing to worry about is, if it's true or not.

Classic BW won't cease to exist, but tournament organizers could easily be suayed to use the remastered version for their tournaments.

We shall go wherever Bisu goes.

does this mean forcefields wills be in BW HD?

That'll happen the day dropships can carry siege mode tanks.


They removed that, actually
Cereal
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-14 17:43:33
March 14 2017 17:36 GMT
#159
I just want to know how reliable this site is compared to iNews24 which reported the same thing last year. The ads and weird pictures don't make it look very reliable tbh.

There is literally nothing new in this news. last year even IGN and Gamespot covered it, with more news expected in september and at BlizzCon and nothing happened.

So I really doubt the timelines which are given to us, they don't make any sense. Not a single PR stunt or ad for this in march when it is to be released in May or June? Hell no.

And other than the dates, it does not say anything new. We knew that this was coming since they had open positions on their career page for exactly this. Diablo and WarCraft will also see HD versions compatible with modern systems and bnet 2.0. It's been known for such a long time.

But if lots of Koreans say that this is the most reliable site ever compared to iNews24, then I will be hyped .

Edit: Same news last year: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/05/starcraft-hd-remaster-reportedly-incoming

Korean sites are known to report this every few months for the clicks I think.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
March 14 2017 17:43 GMT
#160
I can't wait to have to shell out $40 for Legacy of the Void™ so I can buy Brood War High Definition™ in the arcade for $30 with all new cartoony and bright particles and sprites! Also looking forward to the DLC that will be bundled to make your Brood War HD™ experience more aligned with SC2!

Just kidding, I want this to be good, but given Blizzard's track record, I highly doubt they are going to do anything other than appeal to SC2/Overwatch/Hearthstone/WoW players and if you think they are going to try to stay true to the original Brood War and what we (as a community) think makes the game great, you're in for huge disappointment. I'm trying not to be pessimistic, as I love this game more than anything. But if this ends up splitting the community because their philosophy of "not changing gameplay" doesn't involve bug fixes, same resolution, or control group selection, I will personally take a shit and mail it to Bobby Kotick.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ViBE125
ProTech123
Nathanias 89
RuFF_SC2 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15654
Rain 1534
GuemChi 905
Artosis 692
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever487
Counter-Strike
taco 178
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1000
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g7272
WinterStarcraft525
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0417
Trikslyr63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick898
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta25
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur379
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 50m
INu's Battles
9h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 50m
OSC
21h 5m
Replay Cast
21h 50m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.