• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:43
CEST 06:43
KST 13:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8147 users

[SSL] Ro16 Interviews - Day 1

Forum Index > BW General
13 CommentsPost a Reply
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-10 12:58:25
January 09 2015 22:43 GMT
#1
[image loading]

The first day of the round of 16 is over and the SSL returns back to OGN's studio and Koreans can finally enjoy some televized Brood War again. DES intreviewed the winners of the first day of matches, excluding only (T)Mong, who isn't rumored to have been too hungry to stay the extra five minutes but only because we all know it's the only plausible explanation.

Just found Mong's interview, it just hasn't been properly tagged.



(T)Mong didn't have much trouble beating (P)Movie on Return of the King. He had even less trouble dealing with the bigass bottle of sports drink he brought into his booth and the interview that came next.

[image loading]


Group A: (T)Mong - (P)Pure - (P)Mini - (P)Movie


What do you think of your first win in the round of 16?
A good start feels nice. There are two more games in the round of 16 and I think I'll be able to play comfortably.

What do you think of your nickname the Online FlaSh?
I am truly comfortable playing games online. I feel like I know the game when I play, too. As for the offline stage, I lack the experience and it's intimidating. Thinking I have to do well on one hand and feeling the pressure on the other, I get very nervous. But it's getting a lot better these days.

Does the experience of a forfeit loss in the official competition haunt you?
I once suffered a forfeit loss in Mullae-dong ((Wiki)HERO Center). Rather than the fear of that, I'm trembling from the lack of experience.

You beat Movie.
If you split this map in half it only gets better for the Terran. Even though it would be unfavorable I was thinking of going all the way into the 200 supply fights. I thought I would win a split map scenario.

You defended the two shuttle agression well.
I instantly looked at my bunker. I knew I would hold as long as I watched over the SCVs repairing it.

You will keep facing Protoss.
I'm okay with that. I think the best player in our group is Younghwa hyung (Movie). He is the most famous among the three and I consider him the best player skill-wise as well. Since I beat Younghwa hyung I think I'll be able to do well.

After you won you drank a big bottle of sports drink. Was that a service to FlaSh?
That's not really it. I normally drink the sports drink rather than water. I drank from a big bottle because of my body size. When I drink from a small one my viewers ask me why I drink such small sized drinks. They say I have to dring big because of my size.

You were unable to get big results in Sonic Starleagues so far.
In the (Wiki)FIX Starleague I got to the round of 8. I think I'll be able to make round of 8 easily in this season as well.

Anything you want to add?
I had games over the weekends and Christmas vacation as well and my girlfriend was always cheering on me. I want to thank her and all of my other friends cheering on me.

Source: DES



(P)free saved the Protoss from humiliation by beating (T)PianO in the second game of the round of 16 despite his not particularly effective early game agression and PianO's factory in his base in a hilarious game on Blue Storm. free can't wait to face JangBi next.

[image loading]


Group B: (P)free (T)Mind (P)JangBi (T)PianO


Start by sharing your impressions upon winning.
I think I started off on the right foot. PianO was on the same team. I feel sorry but I'll do well in the remaining games as well.

7-Pylon 7-gate strategy?
I came prepared. I burned the midnight oil watching old VODs and so I ended up preparing an agressive strategy.

Blue Storm.
Protoss deserves a good start on this map. There's not a lot Protoss can do. The idea was that even if it gets defended I can still do well. The enemy coped well himself.

If you were to predict the remaining games.
I want to settle things with JangBi. Is it not a significant match? It's the clash of Dragons. I want to win that and advance to the round of 8. Then I want to play a fun game with Mind.

It's been a long time since you played at OGN's stage.
I only qualified for a Starleague twice. After a long time I felt like it's the progaming era again so it's nice. Many fans came, too. It brought back many memories.

Any final words?
I practised with Mong and we both won so that turned out well. Gi Seok ((T)Sharp) helped me practise until dawn. I'll buy him something tasty. I hope he will help me in the future as well.

T/N: Unlike with Sharp, he refered to Mong formally, despite both being four years younger than him so presumably that reflects their relationships.

Source: DES



(T)sSak was comfortable going into his game against (Z)hero on Fighting Spirit and he easily disposed of the Zerg with a deadly pre-hive timing. Besides teaching us that tanks > sunkens, sSak also reveals hero's biggest weakness.

[image loading]


Group C: (T)sSak (P)Sea.KH (P)Snow (Z)hero


Thoughts on winning?
I was quite worried today. I couldn't sleep a wink before coming here. Still, my performance turned out well so I'm satisfied.

Why were you worrying?
I didn't feel well. My sleeping pattern these days includes going to bed at dawn and waking up late and I couldn't fall asleep yesterday morning. The fact that we're playing at Yongsan stadium has also been driving me crazy.

You said you were pleased with your game.
The Zerg player Larva helped me and the game went the way I prepared. hero always plays the same. I thought there would be no variables at play.

Do you happen to know your personal record against him?
I don't know it exactly. I just know that I won a lot of games. I won most of the recent ones.

T/N: According to SoSPA TLPD, sSak has a 16 wins - 5 losses (76.19%) record against hero, having only dropped a single game in the last thirteen.

For your next match you'll be facing the champion of the third SSL, (P)Sea.KH.
The map favors Terran so I think I'm going to win.

T/N: They'll be playing on Return of the King - KeSPA PvT: 46-61 (43%), SoSPA PvT: 1-2 (33.3%)

Your goal for this Starleague?
I am confident in passing through the round of 16. As long as the maps will help me I think I will be able to go all the way to the finals. Even if I didn't win I would like to play in the finals.

How is streaming?
I don't have many viewers. My style is mainly just playing games so I'm not very popular.

Anything else you want to add?
I often beat hero when it counted. I feel sorry for beating him again today.

Source: DES



The highlight of the first day was without a doubt the last game between (P)GuemChi and (T)Last on Sin Peaks of Baekdu. If you didn't watch it yet, go see it here. GuemChi earlier announced he would shave his head if he doesn't make round of 8.

[image loading]


Group D: (P)GuemChi - (T)HiyA - (Z)Larva - (T)Last


You're another step away from having to shave your head, thoughts?
I said this in the live streamed interview as well, but the opponent used the only build I didn't expect and prepare for. I think heaven helped me win the game.

Your shuttle-reaver control was refined.
I wanted to win to avoid shaving my head. I kept saying that to myself. I think it showed in the game.

Many people consider Sin Peaks of Baekdu a Protoss favored map.
If Protoss get carriers they rule the battlefield. I felt that I could lose if I played safe so I decided for atypical play but with the opponent giving me tit for tat it was difficult. I heard that Last practised really hard. His aims to become the champion so he's working hard but fortunately I won.

You drank an energy drink before the match.
I mainly drink Hot 6. I had two cans today. Just one doesn't seem enough. You end up sharing with people around you so two cans seem appropriate. My fridge at home is also packed with Hot 6 cans. It feels like I'm getting addicted.

T/N: No related banner on GuemChi's afreeca page?!

You will be facing Larva next.
He's the most dreaded player. I think I'll have to suffer through his ceremony if I lose. He seems to be the most skilled player in our group.

Who did you practise with?
sSak helped me practise despite playing today as well. I am also thankful to Sharp.

Anything you want to add?
A married hyung and noona that I'm close friends with came to the stadium to cheer on me and also brought me a hot pack. I think I was able to win because of this. I'm thankful.

Source: DES



Original interviews by Daily eSports journalist Lee Won Hee - cleanrap@dailygame.co.kr

Note: The short introductions are not translations, only the actual interviews.

SSL banners by: DiMiaN
Facebook Twitter Reddit
En Taro Violet
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
January 09 2015 23:06 GMT
#2
Always a good read.
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3304 Posts
January 09 2015 23:17 GMT
#3
Thanks!
T P Z sagi
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 09 2015 23:31 GMT
#4
yooo Hot6 easy sponsorship opportunity there!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
HyralGambit
Profile Joined February 2014
2439 Posts
January 09 2015 23:38 GMT
#5
Can't wait for the clash of the dragons!
Passion overcomes corporate stupidity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9hbbA-WP4#t=4h2m
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
January 09 2015 23:50 GMT
#6
I wonder how much old team relationships carry over - free and Piano were both Stars players and I figured free decided to screw with him.

Thanks for the interviews!
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
January 10 2015 00:35 GMT
#7
On January 10 2015 07:43 Stratos wrote:

(T)sSak was comfortable going into his game against (Z)hero on Fighting Spirit and he easily disposed of the Zerg with a deadly pre-hive timing. Besides teaching us that tanks > sunkens, sSak also reveals hero's biggest weakness.

(Z)hero was comfortable going into his game against (Z)hero on Fighting Spirit and he easily disposed of the Zerg with a deadly pre-hive failing. Besides teaching us that (Z)hero > (Z)hero, (Z)hero also reveals hero's biggest weakness of not attacking and letting himself get killed.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-10 01:45:18
January 10 2015 01:37 GMT
#8
Thanks, Stratos!

On January 10 2015 07:43 Stratos wrote:
Free: I practised with Mong and we both won so that turned out well. Gi Seok ((T)Sharp) helped me practise until dawn. I'll buy him something tasty. I hope he will help me in the future as well.

sSak: The Zerg player Larva helped me and the game went the way I prepared.

GuemChi: sSak helped me practise despite playing today as well. I am also thankful to Sharp.

Love to hear players are practicing hard, hope HiyA and Movie learn their lesson when they get eliminated


How is streaming?
sSak: I don't have many viewers. My style is mainly just playing games so I'm not very popular.

So sad, but true. Maybe sSak would consider shaving his head on-screen
Liquipedia
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11813 Posts
January 10 2015 03:17 GMT
#9
lol Prech.

Haha yes Free, clash of the dragons
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
VS [image loading]


Its quite weird to hear pros are helping each other out while JangBi had to be content with Bisu and Free's
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10870 Posts
January 10 2015 04:51 GMT
#10
Is that where they are just doing the interviews? Those Lap Tops look really difficult / uncomfortable to play on.

Thanks for this ! Really nice interviews.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 10 2015 05:03 GMT
#11
Thank you very much.
ModeratorGodfather
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-10 05:15:59
January 10 2015 05:15 GMT
#12
Thanks for these interviews. I've always wondered why Ssak doesn't have many viewers. I like watching him.
Mirabel_
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States1768 Posts
January 10 2015 09:36 GMT
#13
Sharp the true hero of these matches..
get stronger play longer
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
January 10 2015 09:50 GMT
#14
Just found Mong's interview, it just hasn't been properly tagged so it didn't show up in the list.



(T)Mong didn't have much trouble beating (P)Movie on Return of the King. He had even less trouble dealing with the bigass bottle of sports drink he brought into his booth and the interview that came next.

[image loading]


Group A: (T)Mong - (P)Pure - (P)Mini - (P)Movie


What do you think of your first win the round of 16?
A good start feels nice. There are two more games in the round of 16 and I think I'll be able to play comfortably.

What do you think of your nickname the Online FlaSh?
I am truly comfortable playing games online. I feel like I know the game when I play, too. As for the offline stage, I lack the experience and it's intimidating. Thinking I have to do well on one hand and feeling the pressure on the other, I get very nervous. But it's getting a lot better these days.

Does the experience of a forfeit loss in the official competition haunt you?
I once suffered a forfeit loss in Mullae-dong ((Wiki)HERO Center). Rather than the fear of that, I'm trembling from the lack of experience.

You beat Movie.
If you split this map in half it only gets better for the Terran. Even though it would be unfavorable I was thinking of going all the way into the 200 supply fights. I thought I would win a split map scenario.

You defended the two shuttle agression well.
I instantly looked at my bunker. I knew I would hold as long as I watched over the SCVs repairing it.

You will keep facing Protoss.
I'm okay with that. I think the best player in our group is Younghwa hyung (Movie). He is the most famous among the three and I consider him the best player skill-wise as well. Since I beat Younghwa hyung I think I'll be able to do well.

After you won you drank a big bottle of sports drink. Was that a service to FlaSh?
That's not really it. I normally drink the sports drink rather than water. I drank from a big bottle because of my body size. When I drink from a small one my viewers ask me why I drink such small sized drinks. They say I have to dring big because of my size.

You were unable to get big results in Sonic Starleagues so far.
In the (Wiki)FIX Starleague I got to the round of 8. I think I'll be able to make round of 8 easily in this season as well.

Anything you want to add?
I had games over the weekends and Christmas vacation as well and my girlfriend was always cheering on me. I want to thank her and all of other friends cheering on me.

Source: DES
En Taro Violet
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1417
910 86
NotJumperer 67
Bale 42
Hyun 19
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
febbydoto8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7794
Coldzera 740
JimRising 636
hungrybox528
WinterStarcraft366
C9.Mang0331
PiGStarcraft273
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick777
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 29
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1070
• Rush961
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 17m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.