• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:43
CEST 03:43
KST 10:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7263 users

BW General Discussion - Page 255

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 520 Next
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
November 26 2018 09:14 GMT
#5081
On November 26 2018 07:29 RWLabs wrote:
So on Best's channel there's a video where he and Rainbow play against two Chinese opponents (and uses dark archons but that's beside the point). I found it interesting that the Zerg blood animations are black, likely as a result of Chinese censorship. Could someone elaborate further? Why is it okay under Chinese law to have blood splatters be black but not red? What other units are affected (I'm guessing all Terran bio and Zerg)?



It's also illegal to show skeletons in china. That made things interesting when Wrath of the Lich King came out for WoW. Took them ages to censor it all.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
November 26 2018 14:29 GMT
#5082
On November 26 2018 18:14 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2018 07:29 RWLabs wrote:
So on Best's channel there's a video where he and Rainbow play against two Chinese opponents (and uses dark archons but that's beside the point). I found it interesting that the Zerg blood animations are black, likely as a result of Chinese censorship. Could someone elaborate further? Why is it okay under Chinese law to have blood splatters be black but not red? What other units are affected (I'm guessing all Terran bio and Zerg)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyxGP7GNz_E


It's also illegal to show skeletons in china. That made things interesting when Wrath of the Lich King came out for WoW. Took them ages to censor it all.


lol really?
[AS]Rattus
Profile Joined March 2017
428 Posts
November 26 2018 15:09 GMT
#5083
http://rankgim.eu
goody playin scrm?
Shiroime
Profile Joined November 2018
France10 Posts
November 26 2018 18:26 GMT
#5084
Hi everyone, I don't know if it's the place to post such message, but I'm a new T player, I started the game 2 months ago, i'm trying to play on the ladder or community 1v1 but I almost always lose :/. I want to practice and this is why i'm searching any player who would like to train time to time, especially Z and P players.. I'm currently E rank around 1200 MMR and i'm located in Europe(France).

Just add me on battle.net(Shiroime) or in game(A_r_t_h_a_s).

Also if I have question, what should you look in a replay as a noob player ? Let me explain, sometime I lose and I watch the replay to understand why, but i'm unable to understand if it's due to one factor or many factor, is it the fact that I pushed too early ? too late ? what are theses factors, that's my question ?

Thanks in advance.

castleeMg
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada791 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-26 18:34:23
November 26 2018 18:33 GMT
#5085
To put it bluntly, if you’re 1200, it’s many factors. If you want direct feed back you should post some replay links and people will download them, take a look at your games and give you direct analysis on what you did wrong. In my opinion that’s the best way to learn at your own pace. Every time you lose and don’t understand why things went wrong, you should post that replay for feedback
AKA: castle[eMg]@USEast/ iCCup
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
November 26 2018 18:42 GMT
#5086
On November 27 2018 03:26 Shiroime wrote:
Hi everyone, I don't know if it's the place to post such message, but I'm a new T player, I started the game 2 months ago, i'm trying to play on the ladder or community 1v1 but I almost always lose :/. I want to practice and this is why i'm searching any player who would like to train time to time, especially Z and P players.. I'm currently E rank around 1200 MMR and i'm located in Europe(France).

Just add me on battle.net(Shiroime) or in game(A_r_t_h_a_s).

Also if I have question, what should you look in a replay as a noob player ? Let me explain, sometime I lose and I watch the replay to understand why, but i'm unable to understand if it's due to one factor or many factor, is it the fact that I pushed too early ? too late ? what are theses factors, that's my question ?

Thanks in advance.


Hello, welcome!

There are at least two great Discord communities you could enter to socialize with other BW players, some of which are just as new as you. You can ask for advice there as well. Send me a PM if you want the invite links.

PS: In case you don't know, Discord is a chat app, available in your browser, as a stand-alone program on your computer (kind of), or as an app on your phone.

Cheers!
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Shiroime
Profile Joined November 2018
France10 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-26 19:56:08
November 26 2018 19:50 GMT
#5087
On November 27 2018 03:33 castleeMg wrote:
To put it bluntly, if you’re 1200, it’s many factors. If you want direct feed back you should post some replay links and people will download them, take a look at your games and give you direct analysis on what you did wrong. In my opinion that’s the best way to learn at your own pace. Every time you lose and don’t understand why things went wrong, you should post that replay for feedback


Well that's what I think I should do, I mean I often understand why did I lose(lurker contain with no detection,pushed at a bad timing, etc...) but it's kinda weird that even E level looks "so strong" to me. They all know their build orders and their tactics I don't know I didn't expect it in E or F rank.

Concerning the discord I sent you a pm, thanks for the proposition !
WaterSerpentM
Profile Joined November 2018
United Kingdom141 Posts
November 26 2018 23:28 GMT
#5088
where can I watch pro matches?
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-26 23:32:28
November 26 2018 23:31 GMT
#5089
On November 27 2018 08:28 WaterSerpentM wrote:
where can I watch pro matches?

KeSPA era VODs:

https://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/vods/nospoiler

Post-KeSPA era VODs:

https://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sospa/vods/nospoiler

(Click on the orange + symbol to the left of the match to find the VOD).

Pro gamers also have YouTube channels, you can search for them on TL using the search bar, I believe they are all collected in a single thread.

Get ready to get your mind fucking blown and look back on your suggestion to scout using Scouts and laugh.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
WaterSerpentM
Profile Joined November 2018
United Kingdom141 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-27 00:20:36
November 27 2018 00:14 GMT
#5090
On November 27 2018 08:31 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2018 08:28 WaterSerpentM wrote:
where can I watch pro matches?

KeSPA era VODs:

https://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/vods/nospoiler

Post-KeSPA era VODs:

https://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sospa/vods/nospoiler

(Click on the orange + symbol to the left of the match to find the VOD).

Pro gamers also have YouTube channels, you can search for them on TL using the search bar, I believe they are all collected in a single thread.

Get ready to get your mind fucking blown and look back on your suggestion to scout using Scouts and laugh.


Thanks

Also, sounds like you wanna play me =p
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
November 27 2018 00:23 GMT
#5091
On November 27 2018 09:14 WaterSerpentM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2018 08:31 Jealous wrote:
On November 27 2018 08:28 WaterSerpentM wrote:
where can I watch pro matches?

KeSPA era VODs:

https://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/vods/nospoiler

Post-KeSPA era VODs:

https://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sospa/vods/nospoiler

(Click on the orange + symbol to the left of the match to find the VOD).

Pro gamers also have YouTube channels, you can search for them on TL using the search bar, I believe they are all collected in a single thread.

Get ready to get your mind fucking blown and look back on your suggestion to scout using Scouts and laugh.


Thanks

Also, sounds like you wanna play me =p

I would be interested.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
WaterSerpentM
Profile Joined November 2018
United Kingdom141 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-27 00:26:24
November 27 2018 00:24 GMT
#5092
On November 27 2018 09:23 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2018 09:14 WaterSerpentM wrote:
On November 27 2018 08:31 Jealous wrote:
On November 27 2018 08:28 WaterSerpentM wrote:
where can I watch pro matches?

KeSPA era VODs:

https://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/vods/nospoiler

Post-KeSPA era VODs:

https://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sospa/vods/nospoiler

(Click on the orange + symbol to the left of the match to find the VOD).

Pro gamers also have YouTube channels, you can search for them on TL using the search bar, I believe they are all collected in a single thread.

Get ready to get your mind fucking blown and look back on your suggestion to scout using Scouts and laugh.


Thanks

Also, sounds like you wanna play me =p

I would be interested.


Whenever you're ready

what server are you on?
WaterSerpentM
Profile Joined November 2018
United Kingdom141 Posts
November 27 2018 00:36 GMT
#5093
Also its true what you say about the scouts, now that I think again, I would say observer =]
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
November 27 2018 00:46 GMT
#5094
On November 27 2018 09:36 WaterSerpentM wrote:
Also its true what you say about the scouts, now that I think again, I would say observer =]


Or you can be a pro like Best and meme with them.
WaterSerpentM
Profile Joined November 2018
United Kingdom141 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-27 00:49:19
November 27 2018 00:47 GMT
#5095
On November 27 2018 09:46 Chronopolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2018 09:36 WaterSerpentM wrote:
Also its true what you say about the scouts, now that I think again, I would say observer =]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlsa-hzlUs
Or you can be a pro like Best and meme with them.


ye thats in my guide =]

I called it poking

I thought everyone called it 'harras'
RWLabs
Profile Joined March 2017
Korea (South)273 Posts
November 27 2018 01:00 GMT
#5096
On November 27 2018 09:47 WaterSerpentM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2018 09:46 Chronopolis wrote:
On November 27 2018 09:36 WaterSerpentM wrote:
Also its true what you say about the scouts, now that I think again, I would say observer =]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlsa-hzlUs
Or you can be a pro like Best and meme with them.


ye thats in my guide =]

I called it poking

I thought everyone called it 'harras'

Actually when you do it with scouts it's called 'humiliating'.
Aldaris was the good guy of Brood War.
WaterSerpentM
Profile Joined November 2018
United Kingdom141 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-27 01:05:48
November 27 2018 01:01 GMT
#5097
On November 27 2018 10:00 RWLabs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2018 09:47 WaterSerpentM wrote:
On November 27 2018 09:46 Chronopolis wrote:
On November 27 2018 09:36 WaterSerpentM wrote:
Also its true what you say about the scouts, now that I think again, I would say observer =]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlsa-hzlUs
Or you can be a pro like Best and meme with them.


ye thats in my guide =]

I called it poking

I thought everyone called it 'harras'

Actually when you do it with scouts it's called 'humiliating'.


so you would say that about Best when he did it?
RWLabs
Profile Joined March 2017
Korea (South)273 Posts
November 27 2018 01:20 GMT
#5098
Yes. Beating someone with scouts (or ghosts for that matter) means that you're so much better than your opponent that you can use a shitty unit and still win. It's like when you grossly outclass someone at tennis, so you play with your non-dominant hand.
Aldaris was the good guy of Brood War.
WaterSerpentM
Profile Joined November 2018
United Kingdom141 Posts
November 27 2018 01:22 GMT
#5099
On November 27 2018 10:20 RWLabs wrote:
Yes. Beating someone with scouts (or ghosts for that matter) means that you're so much better than your opponent that you can use a shitty unit and still win. It's like when you grossly outclass someone at tennis, so you play with your non-dominant hand.


like when you win with an under-powered team or a character in a game?
Nematocyst
Profile Joined October 2017
United States164 Posts
November 27 2018 06:17 GMT
#5100
I: I'm going to duel him left-handed.
V: You know what a hurry we're in!
I: Well, is the only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right, over too quickly.
V: Oh have it your way.
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 520 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2572
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm189
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe214
Other Games
summit1g8117
Day[9].tv676
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0377
PiGStarcraft118
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv676
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 17m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 17m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.