• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:00
CEST 14:00
KST 21:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7545 users

BW General Discussion - Page 238

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 520 Next
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-29 17:39:46
August 29 2018 02:21 GMT
#4741
On August 29 2018 08:19 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Can I vent? Is that possible in this thread?

I love the new ladder system and how easy it is to find games. I love being matched up VS Koreans from time to time which can always provide great insight to where I'm lacking in my gameplay.

But for the love of my MMR can I ALSO please be allowed to disable matching up vs Korea from time to time? I hate getting smashed by Smurf placement matches Koreans and losing a fuck ton of points. I understand I need to git gud but I'm about as good as I'm ever going to get and I legitimately want to see how far I can go just among foreigners.

Alright. Back to losing.

Honestly ladder is for testing your skill and the amount of smurfs decreases the further you get from 1500 and is not that high to start with. If you really want to avoid "smurfs" then play non-Korean hours. Ladder is not the place to just have casual games against evenly matched players 100% of the time. You need to find that community niche yourself in practice partners and clans. Expecting ladder to deliver what you are looking for is untenable in the current population.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-29 02:59:09
August 29 2018 02:52 GMT
#4742
if were gonna vent: started playing bw in 99 and started playing melee seriously in late 05. Never has the game been more stale in terms of the strategies people actually employ in the amateur scene, never has the scene been so stale both in map rotation and map type [can anyone honestly say fighting spirit is a distinct map from cb? im sorry they simply arent]. I thought unoriginal cookie cutter bitches who couldnt think their way out of a paper bag were a problem in 2007; I cant remember the last time I saw someone actually engage in creative thinking, least of all an original build. The issues of 2007 are magnified a million times. Stale games with macro bots who, in fact, have huge holes in their play because they only know one build, one map, no ability to deviate, no ability to think on their feet. Barely even a strategy game at this point. If i wanted mindless macro games I would of stuck to bgh.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
AF0x
Profile Joined June 2018
United States59 Posts
August 29 2018 04:09 GMT
#4743
I don't know at what MMR you are currently playing, but I still see weird shit on ladder at 1600-1700. Just the other day, a Protoss opened 2 gate into cannon containing me at my natural on fighting spirit, then built a robo behind his contain and tried to reaver push his way into my base.

I've had multiple protosses try and mass up scouts off 2 stargates vs. me as well.

Yesterday, I played vs. a terran that failed a BBS into an expansion and then massed up cloaked wraiths, tanks and marines on two bases, forcing me to play hydra/lurker.

Having said that, I doubt any of those things are likely to occur at a higher level of play. A better zerg than myself would have been able to kill that toss after failing his 2 gate, or the terran after failing his BBS without it going into a longer game. But my point is, the game isn't stale for lack of trying (at least in my own experience).

I've been having tons of fun going 2 hatch mass +1 muta straight into hive and guardians vs. terran lately. Not a super reliable build, but it's fun playing with 2 groups of muta at once and then just all-inning when the guardians finish. Not that that's an "original" build (I stole the idea from Calm), but it's at the very least unorthodox.

To be honest, I'm not sure how many "original builds" are left to figure out in a 20 year old game. For what it's worth, I started playing 1v1 on ICCup in like 2008 or so. I think all that can really be done is play the style that you like to play. For most people, they're prioritizing winning (cuz winning is fun), and so they play the established standard for each matchup. I played the same way when I first got into playing 1v1. Not until I'd been playing for 10 years did I start to just play whatever the hell I felt like in each matchup.

Also, you can just veto CB and FS on ladder. The other maps in the pool are pretty neat and unique enough as far as I'm concerned.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
August 29 2018 17:39 GMT
#4744
On August 29 2018 11:52 Dazed. wrote:
if were gonna vent: started playing bw in 99 and started playing melee seriously in late 05. Never has the game been more stale in terms of the strategies people actually employ in the amateur scene, never has the scene been so stale both in map rotation and map type [can anyone honestly say fighting spirit is a distinct map from cb? im sorry they simply arent]. I thought unoriginal cookie cutter bitches who couldnt think their way out of a paper bag were a problem in 2007; I cant remember the last time I saw someone actually engage in creative thinking, least of all an original build. The issues of 2007 are magnified a million times. Stale games with macro bots who, in fact, have huge holes in their play because they only know one build, one map, no ability to deviate, no ability to think on their feet. Barely even a strategy game at this point. If i wanted mindless macro games I would of stuck to bgh.

FS and CB have significant differences.

What do you consider to be creativity? I personally think "creativity" is highly overrated and more or less impossible to exercise regularly.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
TheBrochette
Profile Joined July 2018
67 Posts
August 29 2018 20:00 GMT
#4745
They just want to express their feeling "saltyness".
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
August 29 2018 21:10 GMT
#4746
On August 24 2018 07:21 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2018 06:12 ne4aJIb wrote:
On August 23 2018 18:33 prosatan wrote:


My view of lurkers when i am contained as a toss


LOL

Slight offtopic: Am I the only one getting "not secure" in Chrome for TL? I am sure it was secured before. o_0

It was answered in website feedback, long story short TL doesn't have https support at the moment so that is what is triggering the alert. You're not getting hacked. You can check the thread in feedback to get the more technically correct full answer.


I see, thx!
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9359 Posts
August 30 2018 15:20 GMT
#4747
OOO
Kal is streaming!
Right now he is with Movie and Calm
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-30 16:08:05
August 30 2018 16:02 GMT
#4748
Holy crap it's Kal! I never thought I'd see him again. =)

I hope he's doing better. And I hope his life goes well. He was my favorite of the Dragons, he deserved a better end to his story than "botched plastic surgery into retirement."

Also, come on Kal, don't pull a Horang2 and put your stream in 19+ mode, we can't connect with VLC if you do that. =(
TL+ Member
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8927 Posts
August 31 2018 04:19 GMT
#4749
botched plastic surgery? wtf?
why did he get plastic surgery
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
August 31 2018 05:24 GMT
#4750
On August 31 2018 13:19 evilfatsh1t wrote:
botched plastic surgery? wtf?
why did he get plastic surgery

His chin/jaw, forget if it was before or after 2011.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
August 31 2018 06:04 GMT
#4751
I just looked it up on Liquipedia, Kal is only 27 years old. Hopefully he can regain some of those dragon skills. Always good to have new (old) blood.
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9359 Posts
August 31 2018 13:07 GMT
#4752
can someone pls tell me who is HoBoxer (terran player) on the ladder?
he is on second place (and jd on 3 now)

is he sea ?
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Szinkler
Profile Joined July 2018
Hungary394 Posts
August 31 2018 13:18 GMT
#4753
Hi! Sorry if this is the wrong topic for asking this! I'm new here and would like to know in which forum should I ask about KSL 2 registration and other stuff regarding that? I couldn't find a topic with that name, maybe because it has just been announced (as far as I know).
Thanks!
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
August 31 2018 14:11 GMT
#4754
[image loading]

There is no topic yet, since this is the only information we have so far.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
August 31 2018 16:54 GMT
#4755
On August 31 2018 22:07 prosatan wrote:
can someone pls tell me who is HoBoxer (terran player) on the ladder?
he is on second place (and jd on 3 now)

is he sea ?


I think it's one of Light akas
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9359 Posts
August 31 2018 18:12 GMT
#4756
On September 01 2018 01:54 sM.Zik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2018 22:07 prosatan wrote:
can someone pls tell me who is HoBoxer (terran player) on the ladder?
he is on second place (and jd on 3 now)

is he sea ?


I think it's one of Light akas

yes , thx ! Light is indeed !
it was actually strange to be Sea ; every time i watch his stream , he is doing anything but starcraft
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
September 02 2018 03:54 GMT
#4757
Is Shield Battery still up?
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Timebon3s
Profile Joined May 2018
Norway772 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-09-02 13:59:15
September 02 2018 13:53 GMT
#4758
Consider this: you play protoss in a 3v3 Fastest,and your teammates play terran and zerg.
You make dark archons and mind controll their workers and start massing a 600/600 army with tons off cannons and shit.

Do you think its possible to defend forever and piss off your opponents so they end up just leaving the game?

Anyone up for doing that some time? Would be fun I think
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9359 Posts
September 02 2018 17:29 GMT
#4759


FBH trolling zerg opponent ^^
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Timebon3s
Profile Joined May 2018
Norway772 Posts
September 02 2018 22:16 GMT
#4760
Hahaha he looks so happy. Nice cheese
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 520 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 912
WardiTV408
OGKoka 196
Rex135
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko371
mouzHeroMarine 303
OGKoka 196
Rex 135
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2646
Horang2 1418
Larva 1220
EffOrt 922
BeSt 634
Soma 413
Hyuk 339
Mini 282
Stork 197
ZerO 190
[ Show more ]
Light 177
Rush 171
ggaemo 139
Zeus 130
Barracks 115
Killer 90
Hyun 88
Sea.KH 38
Shinee 35
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 31
Mong 26
sorry 23
Aegong 20
soO 19
PianO 19
Sacsri 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
zelot 11
Sexy 10
HiyA 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi1425
BananaSlamJamma164
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
byalli772
x6flipin413
Other Games
singsing2157
olofmeister1589
crisheroes265
XaKoH 264
Sick222
Pyrionflax187
B2W.Neo180
ArmadaUGS70
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream525
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1698
Other Games
• WagamamaTV229
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h
Afreeca Starleague
22h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.