• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:39
CEST 15:39
KST 22:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8931 users

BW General Discussion - Page 237

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 239 520 Next
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-21 15:23:42
August 21 2018 15:21 GMT
#4721
He has 140 games played on the account. :O

If he was to start playing BW that would have been the sickest zerg to return. Soo was amazing at end of BW era.
In 2011 alone he had over 62% win ratio.
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
August 21 2018 17:20 GMT
#4722
On August 22 2018 00:21 kogeT wrote:
He has 140 games played on the account. :O

If he was to start playing BW that would have been the sickest zerg to return. Soo was amazing at end of BW era.
In 2011 alone he had over 62% win ratio.


soO might retire from sc2 after this year, but he also said that he is preparing for his life after progaming so it seems unlikely that he would be a fulltime streamer.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Nite01
Profile Joined August 2018
Italy1 Post
August 21 2018 22:10 GMT
#4723
Hi,
I was trying to watch some Rain's stream replay vods on AfreecaTV.
For example: http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/36240234
My internet is very slow so I was wondering if there was a way to decrease the video quality for those videos... I cannot find any option to do so.

It's strange because when I watch the Live stream, I can lower the quality by setting the player to "Medium", but there isn't any option to do so for the vods, is that normal ?

Thanks
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
August 21 2018 23:16 GMT
#4724
On August 22 2018 00:21 kogeT wrote:
He has 140 games played on the account. :O

If he was to start playing BW that would have been the sickest zerg to return. Soo was amazing at end of BW era.
In 2011 alone he had over 62% win ratio.

Wow, didn't know that he had gotten that good. At the time, the SKTZerg meme was still alive and well. I guess it makes sense that he was so successful (as a Kong) in SC2.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-22 01:54:22
August 22 2018 01:53 GMT
#4725
On August 22 2018 08:16 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2018 00:21 kogeT wrote:
He has 140 games played on the account. :O

If he was to start playing BW that would have been the sickest zerg to return. Soo was amazing at end of BW era.
In 2011 alone he had over 62% win ratio.

Wow, didn't know that he had gotten that good. At the time, the SKTZerg meme was still alive and well. I guess it makes sense that he was so successful (as a Kong) in SC2.


Isn't that stuff padded with records from stuff like offline qualifiers and the Dream League (ProLeague for B-teamers)? Last approaches a 67% win rate for the calendar year of 2011, but his win rate drops significantly once you only factor in KeSPA officiated matches. I think it is a misrepresentation of a player's success, since players who are too successful to participate in low tier competition like the offline qualifiers and the Dream League can't pad their statistics in the same manner.

Below are the actually legitimate stages for the highest form of competition that took place towards the very end of professional Brood War:

Individual leagues:

1) Bacchus 2010 OGN StarLeague
2) PDPop MSL
3) ABCMart MSL
4) Jin Air OGN StarLeague
5) Tving OGN StarLeague

ProLeagues (Brood War only ProLeagues):

1) Shinhan 2010/2011 ProLeague
2) SK Planet ProLeague S1

soO's record in the above mentioned KeSPA officiated tournaments towards the end of professional Brood War:

Individual leagues:

1) Bacchus 2010 OGN StarLeague: Failed to qualify
2) PDPop MSL: Failed to qualify
3) ABCMart MSL: Failed to qualify
4) Jin Air OGN StarLeague: Round of four
5) Tving OGN StarLeague: Round of eight

ProLeagues (Brood War only ProLeagues):

1) Shinhan 2010/2011 ProLeague: 20-15 (57.1%), for comparison reasons HoeJJa had a record of 13-12 (52.0%)
2) SK Planet ProLeague S1: 7-6 (53.9%), for comparison reasons HoeJJa had a record of 8-6 (57.1%)

soO displayed some good promise towards the very end of professional Brood War, but amazing? He was roughly comparable to HoeJJa in terms of ProLeague results even towards the very end, while starting to qualify for, and showing decent results in individual leagues since mid-2011, with a 0-6 record in a best-of-five setting versus the top players. The word amazing should, in my opinion, be used more sparingly. Out of his contemporary peer group (those who made their professional debuts alongside or after soO) I don't think he even breaks it into the top five zerg players, with Hydra, Soulkey, RorO, Shine, and Action all accomplishing more as professionals overall. soO's significant rise in form could be in part due to professionals devoting more practice time towards Starcraft 2, but one never knows what truly would have happened (perhaps soO would have gone on to become one of the greats, but nobody hailed Shine as the next coming of jesus after he made the semi-finals merely one year after his debut, so I don't see why soO was guaranteed future greatness) if the professional scene continued to exist without outside forces intervening.
TL+ Member
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9359 Posts
August 23 2018 09:33 GMT
#4726


My view of lurkers when i am contained as a toss
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-23 21:13:24
August 23 2018 21:12 GMT
#4727
On August 23 2018 18:33 prosatan wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C5k7kPFhRU

My view of lurkers when i am contained as a toss


LOL

Slight offtopic: Am I the only one getting "not secure" in Chrome for TL? I am sure it was secured before. o_0
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10387 Posts
August 23 2018 22:21 GMT
#4728
On August 24 2018 06:12 ne4aJIb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2018 18:33 prosatan wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C5k7kPFhRU

My view of lurkers when i am contained as a toss


LOL

Slight offtopic: Am I the only one getting "not secure" in Chrome for TL? I am sure it was secured before. o_0

It was answered in website feedback, long story short TL doesn't have https support at the moment so that is what is triggering the alert. You're not getting hacked. You can check the thread in feedback to get the more technically correct full answer.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
angrypofke
Profile Joined March 2017
Lithuania174 Posts
August 24 2018 14:03 GMT
#4729
Finally fixed my bike, and got around to take some pics with my ASL jacket, that I won in the cheerful contest.
Proudly rocking that pro-jacket mid-air!

[image loading]
fazek42
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Hungary438 Posts
August 24 2018 22:50 GMT
#4730
On August 24 2018 23:03 angrypofke wrote:
Finally fixed my bike, and got around to take some pics with my ASL jacket, that I won in the cheerful contest.
Proudly rocking that pro-jacket mid-air!



This is so awesome! :D
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1472 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-24 23:28:41
August 24 2018 23:26 GMT
#4731
On August 24 2018 23:03 angrypofke wrote:
Finally fixed my bike, and got around to take some pics with my ASL jacket, that I won in the cheerful contest.
Proudly rocking that pro-jacket mid-air!

[image loading]


U sure you're from Lithuania? Looks like the friggin' rainforest to me.

Or global warming hits you even faster and harder there.
angrypofke
Profile Joined March 2017
Lithuania174 Posts
August 25 2018 02:18 GMT
#4732
On August 25 2018 08:26 Highgamer wrote:

U sure you're from Lithuania? Looks like the friggin' rainforest to me.

Or global warming hits you even faster and harder there.


Well noticed. I am from Lithuania, but I live in Taiwan. Floods and typhoons hitting harder and harder here. Gonna go back to Lithuania, when it becomes nice and warm there Kappa
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9359 Posts
August 25 2018 12:43 GMT
#4733
plsssss tell me what jd and snow are saying !!!!!
i'm glad to see that snow isn't upset

Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-28 23:20:48
August 28 2018 23:19 GMT
#4734
Can I vent? Is that possible in this thread?

I love the new ladder system and how easy it is to find games. I love being matched up VS Koreans from time to time which can always provide great insight to where I'm lacking in my gameplay.

But for the love of my MMR can I ALSO please be allowed to disable matching up vs Korea from time to time? I hate getting smashed by Smurf placement matches Koreans and losing a fuck ton of points. I understand I need to git gud but I'm about as good as I'm ever going to get and I legitimately want to see how far I can go just among foreigners.

Alright. Back to losing.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Moopower
Profile Joined May 2017
128 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-28 23:46:50
August 28 2018 23:46 GMT
#4735
On August 29 2018 08:19 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Can I vent? Is that possible in this thread?

I love the new ladder system and how easy it is to find games. I love being matched up VS Koreans from time to time which can always provide great insight to where I'm lacking in my gameplay.

But for the love of my MMR can I ALSO please be allowed to disable matching up vs Korea from time to time? I hate getting smashed by Smurf placement matches Koreans and losing a fuck ton of points. I understand I need to git gud but I'm about as good as I'm ever going to get and I legitimately want to see how far I can go just among foreigners.

Alright. Back to losing.

Yeah I feel you, I wish more people would play broodwar so that there are more fresh blood in the game and more noobs to crush :D but seriously it would motivate more people the more people play because then you can find more people on your level.
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
August 29 2018 00:30 GMT
#4736
I don't want to smash newbs. I want to have evenly matched games or games where I'm an underdog but not such an underdog that I'm the newb haha.

I've always felt the games I learn the most from are the ones from people around my level or just above.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
August 29 2018 00:53 GMT
#4737
On August 24 2018 23:03 angrypofke wrote:
Finally fixed my bike, and got around to take some pics with my ASL jacket, that I won in the cheerful contest.
Proudly rocking that pro-jacket mid-air!

[image loading]


That's a sick pic, grats on the jacket
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
August 29 2018 01:09 GMT
#4738
On August 29 2018 09:30 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
I don't want to smash newbs. I want to have evenly matched games or games where I'm an underdog but not such an underdog that I'm the newb haha.

I've always felt the games I learn the most from are the ones from people around my level or just above.

join cpl then?
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Bakuryu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany1065 Posts
August 29 2018 02:16 GMT
#4739
i cant watch afreeca vods anymore because of "This service is not available in your region.", any solution?
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
August 29 2018 02:21 GMT
#4740
On August 29 2018 11:16 Bakuryu wrote:
i cant watch afreeca vods anymore because of "This service is not available in your region.", any solution?

ghelp.afreecatv.com

It is only temporary.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 239 520 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1032
WardiTV767
OGKoka 298
Rex147
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 289
Rex 158
ProTech135
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3028
Shuttle 1665
Horang2 1385
Jaedong 813
BeSt 772
EffOrt 651
Light 312
firebathero 287
Rush 271
Stork 254
[ Show more ]
ZerO 251
ggaemo 188
Mini 176
Zeus 94
Barracks 85
Shine 75
Killer 66
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 51
Yoon 39
ToSsGirL 33
Shinee 30
Sexy 26
Bale 25
sorry 24
Mong 24
Aegong 18
soO 17
PianO 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 11
HiyA 11
zelot 9
Noble 9
yabsab 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
qojqva3059
Dendi2153
BananaSlamJamma296
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin424
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes408
Other Games
singsing2255
olofmeister1712
B2W.Neo837
hiko825
Lowko349
Sick241
Pyrionflax196
Liquid`VortiX159
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• Nemesis986
Other Games
• WagamamaTV264
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 21m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.