• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:33
CEST 04:33
KST 11:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6640 users

BW General Discussion - Page 11

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 522 Next
Operations
Profile Joined February 2012
115 Posts
September 19 2013 18:27 GMT
#201
On September 20 2013 03:06 oDieN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 02:32 Operations wrote:
I can tolerate color bug, but game freezes are just awful and it happens in the most intense moments

Game freezes? I don't think I ever came across this on my windows 7 pc.
Maybe it has something to do with your actual PC itself?


no it always happens, and even in *** it doesn't freeze
Helgul
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden1 Post
September 19 2013 18:37 GMT
#202
Hi. Can some one post a thread or help me with a technical issue running brood war on windows 8.
I have a laptop intel core i5 with intel HD graphics 4000.
It feels like the mouse lags, nothing with the internetconnection.
Varje dollar är värd en dollar.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
September 19 2013 18:41 GMT
#203
On September 20 2013 03:27 Operations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 03:06 oDieN wrote:
On September 20 2013 02:32 Operations wrote:
I can tolerate color bug, but game freezes are just awful and it happens in the most intense moments

Game freezes? I don't think I ever came across this on my windows 7 pc.
Maybe it has something to do with your actual PC itself?


no it always happens, and even in *** it doesn't freeze

It does freeze on win7 if you don't change stuff... Its because you have multiple cores and BW wasn't written to support multi-cores or some crap.. I use to have this problem a while back. I just ran it in windowed mode (which sucked in its own right) and never had any freezing / issues.

There are fixes for full screen but I never got around to getting them to work.

Win xp for the win!
Jaedong.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
September 19 2013 18:43 GMT
#204
On September 19 2013 09:40 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2013 09:27 BigFan wrote:
I think this got mentioned several pages back. Discuss!


[image loading]




Dont know if i like his hair :/

Goksu SSJ status right there
Jaedong.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
September 19 2013 18:51 GMT
#205
On September 20 2013 03:41 Kal_rA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 03:27 Operations wrote:
On September 20 2013 03:06 oDieN wrote:
On September 20 2013 02:32 Operations wrote:
I can tolerate color bug, but game freezes are just awful and it happens in the most intense moments

Game freezes? I don't think I ever came across this on my windows 7 pc.
Maybe it has something to do with your actual PC itself?


no it always happens, and even in *** it doesn't freeze

It does freeze on win7 if you don't change stuff... Its because you have multiple cores and BW wasn't written to support multi-cores or some crap.. I use to have this problem a while back. I just ran it in windowed mode (which sucked in its own right) and never had any freezing / issues.

There are fixes for full screen but I never got around to getting them to work.

Win xp for the win!


I open the ICCUP launcher, kill explorer.exe in task manager, then start the game. Never had an issue.

So, here's a blog I thought was interesting, explaining how pretty much everything good about BW came from the unit pathing, and everything else was minor. I think it explains why I don't find SC2:BW to be fun. If BW units do what you want them to, they're really not that interesting. It's their idiocy and uselessness without babysitting that makes the game interesting.
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
September 19 2013 19:59 GMT
#206
On September 20 2013 03:41 Kal_rA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 03:27 Operations wrote:
On September 20 2013 03:06 oDieN wrote:
On September 20 2013 02:32 Operations wrote:
I can tolerate color bug, but game freezes are just awful and it happens in the most intense moments

Game freezes? I don't think I ever came across this on my windows 7 pc.
Maybe it has something to do with your actual PC itself?


no it always happens, and even in *** it doesn't freeze

It does freeze on win7 if you don't change stuff... Its because you have multiple cores and BW wasn't written to support multi-cores or some crap.. I use to have this problem a while back. I just ran it in windowed mode (which sucked in its own right) and never had any freezing / issues.

There are fixes for full screen but I never got around to getting them to work.

Win xp for the win!

I agree, Windows XP is awesome. I wish I didn't upgrade..
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
September 19 2013 21:57 GMT
#207
To get bw working here, i disabled my amd radeon 'display adapter' in device manager. No problems at all after that. You only have to turn it back on again when ou're finished.
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
September 20 2013 05:28 GMT
#208
On September 19 2013 12:47 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2013 11:31 Sawamura wrote:
On September 19 2013 09:27 BigFan wrote:
I think this got mentioned several pages back. Discuss!
On September 18 2013 14:25 partydude89 wrote:
Broodwar player iloveoov has finished his military service and will be joining SKT1 as a coach after the Korean holiday Chuseok!


http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=e_sports&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=236&article_id=0000092090

Thanks seeker for the translation!

[image loading]

Source: Naver Sports

The "monster" has returned!

It seems iloveoov will be returning to SK Telecom T1 to become an SC2 coach for the team.

After enlisting as a full-time reserve back in 2011, "monster" iloveoov finished the last of his military service and was discharged on the 17th.

Oov announced through his facebook that he had been discharged with a very simple statement of "it's already evening." Fans responded with comments like, "You are now a civilian," "Congratulations on being discharged! Welcome back." Oov caught everyone's eyes with his comment of, "Thank you. It looks like I declared my discharge from the military well without twisting my mouth. People are telling me that I'm good even though I haven't even practiced."

Iloveoov, who enlisted into the military as a full-time reserve and also carried out administrative procedures, contacted FOMOS and stated through a phone interview that, "I have a new way of approaching my work thanks to my time in the military. I feel like I can accomplish anything. I feel especially confident that I can do things like creating various kinds of documents anytime."

After being discharged, oov plans to return to his old hometown, SK Telecom T1. Oov still had time left on his contract before enlisting, so it seems like current head coach BoxeR was indeed waiting with eager anticipation for the return of oov.

In regards to iloveoov, the SK Telecom T1 secretariat stated, "With thanksgiving coming up, we want to congratulate oov on getting safely discharged from the military. Later on, we will be releasing an official statement with details regarding iloveoov's position on the team."


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Iloveoov

wonder just how well iloveoov can play BW.


Well I am sure Flash could win iloveoov in a best of 5 in broodwar

well ya of course. Flash has more experience and he only stopped playing a year ago compared to 2+ years for iloveoov. I do wonder what an iloveoov vs Flash game would be like when they are both at their prime.

ps hope your comment had no flash bias

Well that is pretty clear. Iloveoov would get raped. 2004-2005 vs 2009-2011
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
September 20 2013 06:17 GMT
#209
On September 20 2013 04:59 oDieN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 03:41 Kal_rA wrote:
On September 20 2013 03:27 Operations wrote:
On September 20 2013 03:06 oDieN wrote:
On September 20 2013 02:32 Operations wrote:
I can tolerate color bug, but game freezes are just awful and it happens in the most intense moments

Game freezes? I don't think I ever came across this on my windows 7 pc.
Maybe it has something to do with your actual PC itself?


no it always happens, and even in *** it doesn't freeze

It does freeze on win7 if you don't change stuff... Its because you have multiple cores and BW wasn't written to support multi-cores or some crap.. I use to have this problem a while back. I just ran it in windowed mode (which sucked in its own right) and never had any freezing / issues.

There are fixes for full screen but I never got around to getting them to work.

Win xp for the win!

I agree, Windows XP is awesome. I wish I didn't upgrade..


Well you can always just do the upgrade to Win7 Professional and stick XP (or heck 98) on hyper v.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
September 20 2013 06:31 GMT
#210
On September 20 2013 02:32 Operations wrote:
I can tolerate color bug, but game freezes are just awful and it happens in the most intense moments

There are registry fixes for the color bug somewhere, you just gotta look. For the game freezes, can you try enabling CPU throttling and closing out any background programs.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
September 20 2013 13:01 GMT
#211
We should really create a few stickies which involve
-Getting started with Broodwar
-How to stream Broodwar
etc, just a thought
John 15:13
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
September 20 2013 13:12 GMT
#212
I was thinking of reorganizing stickies in BW forums (BW General, BW Tournaments and BW Strategy). Any ideas on what to add/remove/change?
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
September 20 2013 13:18 GMT
#213
In General:
-Add a few stickies from existing threads to help new people have better access to information instead of ravaging for it with the search funtion, such as streaming, iccup, fish, afreeca, etc
-BW General Discussion should be stickied

In Tournaments:
-A thread should be added that lists all tournaments which people can enter (such as D grade players) etc

In Strategy
-Recommended threads should be updated with links to liquepidia

That's all I have so far
John 15:13
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
September 20 2013 14:01 GMT
#214
On September 20 2013 22:18 PiPoGevy wrote:
In General:
-Add a few stickies from existing threads to help new people have better access to information instead of ravaging for it with the search funtion, such as streaming, iccup, fish, afreeca, etc
-BW General Discussion should be stickied

In Tournaments:
-A thread should be added that lists all tournaments which people can enter (such as D grade players) etc

In Strategy
-Recommended threads should be updated with links to liquepidia

That's all I have so far

Some sweet ideas !!! would be really nice to have it all organized like this.
T H C makes ppl happy
Esp1noza
Profile Joined September 2003
Russian Federation481 Posts
September 20 2013 15:27 GMT
#215
I think in General some guide for newcomers should be sticked.
BroodWar forever
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
September 20 2013 15:28 GMT
#216
I would like a simple how to stream bw guide
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
September 20 2013 15:41 GMT
#217
On September 20 2013 22:12 2Pacalypse- wrote:
I was thinking of reorganizing stickies in BW forums (BW General, BW Tournaments and BW Strategy). Any ideas on what to add/remove/change?


Update the Liquipedia with what you want to have, then just add one good organized thread to the top of each forum.

Like this for BW General:


  • Forum Rules
  • Make a Calendar Submission (Guide: How to)
  • find (Wiki)Training Partners (Guide: How to sign up)
  • (Wiki)Portal:Beginners - learn how to play!
  • Find ongoing Tournaments
  • Link to TLPD Int.
  • Link to TLPD SOSPA
  • Link to Recent VODs (maybe on LP I)
    ...



Obviously, design it nicely.

Pro:
- Training Partners can sign up themselves and create their own Userspace Profile with more and up-to-date Info, easier to link for DRTL wiki pages, etc.
- less text -> more overview -> less people encouraged by wall of texts
- actual thread can be closed and doesn't need updates itself
- if someone feels like his shit should be featured, he doesn't have to run to you first and could update it on LP I himself (leagues, profiles, etc)
- info would be up to date

Con:

- users would need to actually work on it themselves (e.g. pratice partners, leagues)
- lp staff would actually need to keep an eye on it
- most of that shit doesn't exist and you have to do more work than just c/p some links in.
Hetairoi
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Sweden508 Posts
September 20 2013 15:57 GMT
#218
On September 21 2013 00:28 traceurling wrote:
I would like a simple how to stream bw guide


[G] Streaming BW on JustinTV by fold.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=265945
moktira *
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Ireland1548 Posts
September 20 2013 16:05 GMT
#219
On September 20 2013 22:12 2Pacalypse- wrote:
I was thinking of reorganizing stickies in BW forums (BW General, BW Tournaments and BW Strategy). Any ideas on what to add/remove/change?

While the "Missing TLPD VODs" thread is useful it's not overly active and usually if someone wants a specific VoD they can pm me or Jonvvv to track it down, I'd notice a pm before a post in that thread anyway. Also since I've had to make the MBC VODs private on nevake there are a lot more TLPD VODs missing than when that project started. If you want to cut down on what is stickied anyway that isn't too vital.

I don't think the torrent tracker is that commonly used anymore either and a lot of the torrents are dead so I'm not sure how necessary it is to be stickied.
If in doubt, differentiate and set equal to zero
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
September 20 2013 16:17 GMT
#220
On September 21 2013 00:57 Hetairoi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 00:28 traceurling wrote:
I would like a simple how to stream bw guide


[G] Streaming BW on JustinTV by fold.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=265945

Pretty much, but instead of JustinTV, it's TwitchTV now.
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 522 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings176
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 222
Terrorterran 19
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
Doublelift5857
JimRising 750
Counter-Strike
taco 282
minikerr48
Other Games
summit1g12017
C9.Mang0401
PiLiPiLi9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1183
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP185
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 27m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 27m
Replay Cast
20h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.