• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:35
CEST 03:35
KST 10:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9701 users

Jangbi retires - Page 31

Forum Index > BW General
937 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 47 Next All
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
August 29 2013 18:34 GMT
#601
On August 30 2013 03:31 ooDi wrote:
..........WHAT???????? gives up his code S and go back to his hometown...? what is going on?

got bored of what he was doing so he just dropped it.. fair enough

he made enough money already apparently
T H C makes ppl happy
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
August 29 2013 18:34 GMT
#602
On August 30 2013 02:46 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 02:42 amazingxkcd wrote:
Going from rumors heard on twitch chat, Pusan mentioned that Jangbi will be playing in SOSPA for a bit

Pusan good friends with Jangbi? Good news regardless!

Wouldn't be surprised. They're both from the same city and both play protoss.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 29 2013 18:37 GMT
#603
On August 30 2013 03:34 Sinedd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 03:31 ooDi wrote:
..........WHAT???????? gives up his code S and go back to his hometown...? what is going on?

got bored of what he was doing so he just dropped it.. fair enough

he made enough money already apparently

2 time OSL champ and a salary on top of that, I'm sure he made more than enough lol

On August 30 2013 03:34 EpiK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 02:46 BigFan wrote:
On August 30 2013 02:42 amazingxkcd wrote:
Going from rumors heard on twitch chat, Pusan mentioned that Jangbi will be playing in SOSPA for a bit

Pusan good friends with Jangbi? Good news regardless!

Wouldn't be surprised. They're both from the same city and both play protoss.

hmm fair enough. He's from Busan right?
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
ladysman09
Profile Joined June 2013
237 Posts
August 29 2013 18:46 GMT
#604
On August 30 2013 00:55 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 00:52 ladysman09 wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:18 Msr wrote:
good decision by him. Amazing player that is not able to showcase his skills with how stupidly protoss is designed in sc2. Sad to see him go though.


If Protoss has such a stupid design then how do great elephants like Rain perform so well? Janbi just doesn't have the drive that JD or Flash or Innovation have. He's not motivated so he just chose to give up.


I'd like to point out that even FlaSh himself (among other pros) pointed out there's a discrepancy between how the races play out in Brood War and how they play out in SC2, and that SC2 Protoss plays very much like BW Terran.

Maybe Sun is better at adapting to this different style than JangBi is.


Do you even have any proof that flash stated this? Or did you just "hear it in some interview video and now you can't find it."?
Acertos
Profile Joined February 2012
France852 Posts
August 29 2013 18:48 GMT
#605
On August 30 2013 03:46 ladysman09 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 00:55 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 30 2013 00:52 ladysman09 wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:18 Msr wrote:
good decision by him. Amazing player that is not able to showcase his skills with how stupidly protoss is designed in sc2. Sad to see him go though.


If Protoss has such a stupid design then how do great elephants like Rain perform so well? Janbi just doesn't have the drive that JD or Flash or Innovation have. He's not motivated so he just chose to give up.


I'd like to point out that even FlaSh himself (among other pros) pointed out there's a discrepancy between how the races play out in Brood War and how they play out in SC2, and that SC2 Protoss plays very much like BW Terran.

Maybe Sun is better at adapting to this different style than JangBi is.


Do you even have any proof that flash stated this? Or did you just "hear it in some interview video and now you can't find it."?

Yes he said it more than once and also that he regretted to not have chosen protoss.
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 18:52:13
August 29 2013 18:50 GMT
#606
On August 30 2013 03:46 ladysman09 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 00:55 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 30 2013 00:52 ladysman09 wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:18 Msr wrote:
good decision by him. Amazing player that is not able to showcase his skills with how stupidly protoss is designed in sc2. Sad to see him go though.


If Protoss has such a stupid design then how do great elephants like Rain perform so well? Janbi just doesn't have the drive that JD or Flash or Innovation have. He's not motivated so he just chose to give up.


I'd like to point out that even FlaSh himself (among other pros) pointed out there's a discrepancy between how the races play out in Brood War and how they play out in SC2, and that SC2 Protoss plays very much like BW Terran.

Maybe Sun is better at adapting to this different style than JangBi is.


Do you even have any proof that flash stated this? Or did you just "hear it in some interview video and now you can't find it."?


Wish granted:


Q: Terran is the strongest race in BW. But Protoss is stronger in SC2. Have you thought about changing race?

Flash: I am still regretting about that even to today. When I first played SC2, I was already thinking that Protoss is really good. Even now I still think that. The management of SC2’s Protoss is exactly the same as BW’s Terran. First, you defend, then you produce your composition, and then move out. The most urgent thing about SC2’s Terran is to ameliorate mech. In BW, going bio or going mech is a choice and will make your opponent guessing and confused. But now SC2 is 100% bio, so you can’t play mind game and you don’t have strategic choice.


From this thread, a mere 10 days ago.

And to his point, other people have stated in interviews a while back that Terran would fit Bisu better, but that is something I don't remember with any degree of accuracy or can be bothered to scour for. It might've been Coach Park, it might have been some Kespa pro, I don't know.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 29 2013 18:51 GMT
#607
On August 30 2013 03:46 ladysman09 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 00:55 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 30 2013 00:52 ladysman09 wrote:
On August 29 2013 14:18 Msr wrote:
good decision by him. Amazing player that is not able to showcase his skills with how stupidly protoss is designed in sc2. Sad to see him go though.


If Protoss has such a stupid design then how do great elephants like Rain perform so well? Janbi just doesn't have the drive that JD or Flash or Innovation have. He's not motivated so he just chose to give up.


I'd like to point out that even FlaSh himself (among other pros) pointed out there's a discrepancy between how the races play out in Brood War and how they play out in SC2, and that SC2 Protoss plays very much like BW Terran.

Maybe Sun is better at adapting to this different style than JangBi is.


Do you even have any proof that flash stated this? Or did you just "hear it in some interview video and now you can't find it."?

I can verify he said this, that SCII protoss plays like BW terran.
"Q: Terran is the strongest race in BW. But Protoss is stronger in SC2. Have you thought about changing race?

Flash: I am still regretting about that even to today. When I first played SC2, I was already thinking that Protoss is really good. Even now I still think that. The management of SC2’s Protoss is exactly the same as BW’s Terran. First, you defend, then you produce your composition, and then move out. The most urgent thing about SC2’s Terran is to ameliorate mech. In BW, going bio or going mech is a choice and will make your opponent guessing and confused. But now SC2 is 100% bio, so you can’t play mind game and you don’t have strategic choice."
Link: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426074
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
August 29 2013 18:54 GMT
#608


But seriously, I'm surprised that there aren't more KeSPA players retiring right now(I guess we will see over the coming months). To be honest, though, I felt little emotion when I saw this news, but I think that's because I chose to not see SC2 as a legitimate successor to BW, but as an abomination that arose after BW was sacrificed on the altar of ESPORTS by Blizzard.

Here's a game of Jangbi that I subbed more than a year ago if anyone's interested:



Here is the associated thread if anyone's interested in that as well.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
it_is_rizzo
Profile Joined June 2012
Armenia12 Posts
August 29 2013 19:00 GMT
#609
I should live up to the name © Lim Yo-Hwan - `BoxeR`
chyiwealwin
Profile Joined August 2013
2 Posts
August 29 2013 19:02 GMT
#610
On August 30 2013 02:46 Kal_rA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 02:38 a176 wrote:
Fuck. If Jangbi bailed out, I feel there's probably more who will follow suit (looking at you, Stork, Bisu).

Thank you Jangbi for everything. For bringing us two of the best OSLs ever.

dude yes. game 5 vs fantasy and game 4 vs zero. epicepicepic


cant agree more!
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
August 29 2013 19:03 GMT
#611
So sad, I recently became a big fan of him
Maybe this will motivate Stork to pick up the Khan-torch though
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
August 29 2013 19:37 GMT
#612
On August 30 2013 03:54 jpak wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

But seriously, I'm surprised that there aren't more KeSPA players retiring right now(I guess we will see over the coming months). To be honest, though, I felt little emotion when I saw this news, but I think that's because I chose to not see SC2 as a legitimate successor to BW, but as an abomination that arose after BW was sacrificed on the altar of ESPORTS by Blizzard.

Here's a game of Jangbi that I subbed more than a year ago if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMrNZUSAqX8

Here is the associated thread if anyone's interested in that as well.

thanks a lot for your work man, I assume there are more subbed vods on your youtube channel?
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
August 29 2013 19:48 GMT
#613
On August 30 2013 04:37 myminerals wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 03:54 jpak wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

But seriously, I'm surprised that there aren't more KeSPA players retiring right now(I guess we will see over the coming months). To be honest, though, I felt little emotion when I saw this news, but I think that's because I chose to not see SC2 as a legitimate successor to BW, but as an abomination that arose after BW was sacrificed on the altar of ESPORTS by Blizzard.

Here's a game of Jangbi that I subbed more than a year ago if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMrNZUSAqX8

Here is the associated thread if anyone's interested in that as well.

thanks a lot for your work man, I assume there are more subbed vods on your youtube channel?

Just one other:



I don't think I'll be subbing any more games, though. I already went over to "the dark side."

That's right. SC2 was so appalling for me that I went over to LoL.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
August 29 2013 19:56 GMT
#614
On August 30 2013 04:48 jpak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 04:37 myminerals wrote:
On August 30 2013 03:54 jpak wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

But seriously, I'm surprised that there aren't more KeSPA players retiring right now(I guess we will see over the coming months). To be honest, though, I felt little emotion when I saw this news, but I think that's because I chose to not see SC2 as a legitimate successor to BW, but as an abomination that arose after BW was sacrificed on the altar of ESPORTS by Blizzard.

Here's a game of Jangbi that I subbed more than a year ago if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMrNZUSAqX8

Here is the associated thread if anyone's interested in that as well.

thanks a lot for your work man, I assume there are more subbed vods on your youtube channel?

Just one other:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFm4dhxaxRc

I don't think I'll be subbing any more games, though. I already went over to "the dark side."

That's right. SC2 was so appalling for me that I went over to LoL.
Could of just stayed with bw, the community is still alive.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
SkyTheUnknown
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Germany2065 Posts
August 29 2013 19:57 GMT
#615
Wow, that's huge for me. I always liked Jangbi a lot. He was by far my favorite BW Toss. It was amazing to see him rise again with 2 OSL victories after his looooonng slump. Secondly it was interesting to see that he has shown a lot of potential in SC 2 and became better and better in PL. Wish him all the best for his future.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown - H.P. Lovecraft
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
August 29 2013 20:02 GMT
#616
On August 30 2013 04:48 jpak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2013 04:37 myminerals wrote:
On August 30 2013 03:54 jpak wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

But seriously, I'm surprised that there aren't more KeSPA players retiring right now(I guess we will see over the coming months). To be honest, though, I felt little emotion when I saw this news, but I think that's because I chose to not see SC2 as a legitimate successor to BW, but as an abomination that arose after BW was sacrificed on the altar of ESPORTS by Blizzard.

Here's a game of Jangbi that I subbed more than a year ago if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMrNZUSAqX8

Here is the associated thread if anyone's interested in that as well.

thanks a lot for your work man, I assume there are more subbed vods on your youtube channel?

Just one other:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFm4dhxaxRc

I don't think I'll be subbing any more games, though. I already went over to "the dark side."

That's right. SC2 was so appalling for me that I went over to LoL.

ohh..
Jindo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1305 Posts
August 29 2013 20:03 GMT
#617
First Best...now Jangbi
The dragons are leaving
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
August 29 2013 20:06 GMT
#618
Sad day for my favorite BW player.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
August 29 2013 20:14 GMT
#619
On August 30 2013 03:54 jpak wrote:
Here's a game of Jangbi that I subbed more than a year ago if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMrNZUSAqX8

Here is the associated thread if anyone's interested in that as well.

Can't watch right now. Is it the game with the epic commentary with how it's Protoss last stand, just like in the campaign etc?
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
August 29 2013 20:22 GMT
#620
uh................. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings93
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 135
Sharp 54
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm214
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Other Games
summit1g7172
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0357
ViBE154
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
BasetradeTV157
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 38
• davetesta25
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1190
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 26m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 26m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.