• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:19
CEST 22:19
KST 05:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

mca64Launcher - Page 35

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 52 Next
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
February 16 2014 22:47 GMT
#681
On February 16 2014 10:28 xboi209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2014 07:58 Endymion wrote:
i have a question, the koreans on fish keep pestering me about hosting with a "launcher" for ladder matches even though i'm using mca and wDetector, is there another program that i need that hosts games with #L2 or #L1, or am i just missing something in mca?

They don't know what mca64Launcher is so obviously that raises some questions


i mean that if i host a game "a1/a1" they'll join and be like "no launcher i host," in which they'll host "a1#L2/a1" or whatever and they'll be totally okay with that.. and then we'll have lan latency yada yada
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
February 16 2014 22:56 GMT
#682
On February 17 2014 07:47 Endymion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2014 10:28 xboi209 wrote:
On February 16 2014 07:58 Endymion wrote:
i have a question, the koreans on fish keep pestering me about hosting with a "launcher" for ladder matches even though i'm using mca and wDetector, is there another program that i need that hosts games with #L2 or #L1, or am i just missing something in mca?

They don't know what mca64Launcher is so obviously that raises some questions


i mean that if i host a game "a1/a1" they'll join and be like "no launcher i host," in which they'll host "a1#L2/a1" or whatever and they'll be totally okay with that.. and then we'll have lan latency yada yada

That's strange then, maybe they use the /finger command to check if you have wLauncher or not.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Sero
Profile Joined October 2010
United States692 Posts
February 16 2014 23:26 GMT
#683
On February 17 2014 07:47 Endymion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2014 10:28 xboi209 wrote:
On February 16 2014 07:58 Endymion wrote:
i have a question, the koreans on fish keep pestering me about hosting with a "launcher" for ladder matches even though i'm using mca and wDetector, is there another program that i need that hosts games with #L2 or #L1, or am i just missing something in mca?

They don't know what mca64Launcher is so obviously that raises some questions


i mean that if i host a game "a1/a1" they'll join and be like "no launcher i host," in which they'll host "a1#L2/a1" or whatever and they'll be totally okay with that.. and then we'll have lan latency yada yada

Host a1#L2/a1 yourself... you need the #L2 at the end.
<3 FlaSh HiyA Stats HoeJJa
HOTcarl
Profile Joined August 2010
United States102 Posts
February 17 2014 01:30 GMT
#684
3 Questions

1. Is there anyway to restore the default settings?

2. The mouse speed in mca64 overrides your control panel speed no matter if its unchecked or checked. I've seen lots of people with the speed on 6/20. What is the MOST accurate speed to have it on to get the perfect 1:1 ratio. Windows was 6/11. so what is it on mca64?

3. Most important question and the one I'm hoping to have answered... How the heck do I get rid of this lag?! I run windows 8. Is BW and/or the launcher not compatible with Windows 8? The only way I can get rid of the lag to be playable is by COMPLETELY deleting mca64launcher. I want to log on fish, but I cant do it without the launcher. Is there anyway to change the settings to eliminate the lag I'm getting? Once again, It only happens when I'm using the launcher.

BONUS QUESTION. also I have the same problem as this person --> http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=380244 ..... anyone have an answer for that? I dont get the black bars and overlayed text in windows mode. but windows mode is too small to play in.. Is there a way to make the windows mode screen bigger?

thanks for any responses!
I came I saw I conquered
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
February 17 2014 03:18 GMT
#685
On February 17 2014 08:26 Sero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 07:47 Endymion wrote:
On February 16 2014 10:28 xboi209 wrote:
On February 16 2014 07:58 Endymion wrote:
i have a question, the koreans on fish keep pestering me about hosting with a "launcher" for ladder matches even though i'm using mca and wDetector, is there another program that i need that hosts games with #L2 or #L1, or am i just missing something in mca?

They don't know what mca64Launcher is so obviously that raises some questions


i mean that if i host a game "a1/a1" they'll join and be like "no launcher i host," in which they'll host "a1#L2/a1" or whatever and they'll be totally okay with that.. and then we'll have lan latency yada yada

Host a1#L2/a1 yourself... you need the #L2 at the end.


perfect, thank you, i didn't know that typing the #L2 did anything (without a plugin or something).
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
zhuinden
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary90 Posts
February 17 2014 10:54 GMT
#686
On February 17 2014 10:30 HOTcarl wrote:

BONUS QUESTION. also I have the same problem as this person --> http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=380244 ..... anyone have an answer for that? I dont get the black bars and overlayed text in windows mode. but windows mode is too small to play in.. Is there a way to make the windows mode screen bigger?


Click on that 2x button on the top of the window mode window, it should increase the size. Although on my comp, it's kinda laggy, so I hope for the best.
makmeatt
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
2024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-17 12:29:38
February 17 2014 12:05 GMT
#687
On February 17 2014 10:30 HOTcarl wrote:
3 Questions

1. Is there anyway to restore the default settings?

2. The mouse speed in mca64 overrides your control panel speed no matter if its unchecked or checked. I've seen lots of people with the speed on 6/20. What is the MOST accurate speed to have it on to get the perfect 1:1 ratio. Windows was 6/11. so what is it on mca64?

3. Most important question and the one I'm hoping to have answered... How the heck do I get rid of this lag?! I run windows 8. Is BW and/or the launcher not compatible with Windows 8? The only way I can get rid of the lag to be playable is by COMPLETELY deleting mca64launcher. I want to log on fish, but I cant do it without the launcher. Is there anyway to change the settings to eliminate the lag I'm getting? Once again, It only happens when I'm using the launcher.

BONUS QUESTION. also I have the same problem as this person --> http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=380244 ..... anyone have an answer for that? I dont get the black bars and overlayed text in windows mode. but windows mode is too small to play in.. Is there a way to make the windows mode screen bigger?

thanks for any responses!


1. Misc. -> Clean entries in registry? (Wild guess.)
2. It's 10/20, although I'd wager having it lower or higher doesn't make as much of a difference as it would in an fps game. Still, it should be temporary, not a permanent change.
3. It's not a lag you are referring to I suppose (otherwise you wouldn't be mentioning the operating system), but just overall low fps and mouse sluggishness. First of all, turn off DirectDraw emulation (in the launcher); then, if that won't help it, post your specs, as from my experience, that may be due to your gfx drivers.

Same with pillarboxing (black bars) and the text; window mode has a 2x scaler button in the top right corner of the window if you are into it.
"Silver Edge can't break my hope" - Kryptt 2016 || "Chrono is not a debuff, you just get rekt" - Guru 2016
idegelchik
Profile Joined September 2012
Russian Federation382 Posts
February 19 2014 03:02 GMT
#688
hi all, smb have problems with mouse acceleration?
iccup launcher is ok, but when i run mca 70% - i have big mouse acceleration.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-20 01:18:58
February 20 2014 01:18 GMT
#689
On February 17 2014 19:54 zhuinden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2014 10:30 HOTcarl wrote:

BONUS QUESTION. also I have the same problem as this person --> http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=380244 ..... anyone have an answer for that? I dont get the black bars and overlayed text in windows mode. but windows mode is too small to play in.. Is there a way to make the windows mode screen bigger?


Click on that 2x button on the top of the window mode window, it should increase the size. Although on my comp, it's kinda laggy, so I hope for the best.


I've also found additional solutions: if i set my monitor to not autofit each resolution i can fullscreen BW with black bars, although I can't stream through external clients (still have to use MCA). Additionally, while chatting on snipealot's twitch chat it was suggested that you can set your monitor resolution lower so that it increases the relative size of 2x windowed compared to the rest of the screen, which would theoretically allow you to stream it a lot more comfortably (or at least i think it would, I like windowed mode but even at 2x it's pretty difficult to have a 100% hit rate on clicking moving speedlings).

edit ~ does mca mouse sensitivity effect fullscreen BW or only windowed/2x?
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
February 20 2014 02:09 GMT
#690
this is quite the launcher. I was hoping it'll work for port forwarding but I've tried all the ones it has 6112-6119 and I get an X mark for each one lol. I scanned the doc in the OP but couldn't find an answer. Has port forwarding on mca64launcher worked for anyone? thanks!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
February 20 2014 02:48 GMT
#691
On February 20 2014 11:09 BigFan wrote:
this is quite the launcher. I was hoping it'll work for port forwarding but I've tried all the ones it has 6112-6119 and I get an X mark for each one lol. I scanned the doc in the OP but couldn't find an answer. Has port forwarding on mca64launcher worked for anyone? thanks!


It works for me perfectly thanks to launcher I can now host games, without manually port-forwarding my router.
#FPPS
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
February 20 2014 03:55 GMT
#692
Yeah I get that X mark too...

I used to be able to always host.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
February 20 2014 06:16 GMT
#693
On February 20 2014 11:09 BigFan wrote:
this is quite the launcher. I was hoping it'll work for port forwarding but I've tried all the ones it has 6112-6119 and I get an X mark for each one lol. I scanned the doc in the OP but couldn't find an answer. Has port forwarding on mca64launcher worked for anyone? thanks!

It requires that UPnP is enabled in your router
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
PDeodudwjd
Profile Joined February 2014
12 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 12:17:02
February 20 2014 11:07 GMT
#694
wmb
Profile Joined February 2014
Sweden282 Posts
February 20 2014 13:37 GMT
#695
I've had problems with mca64launcher. I'm just gonna check if the problems is somewhere else.
Hi I'm the infamous wmb, Diamond 1 / Challenger Player.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
February 20 2014 15:54 GMT
#696
On February 20 2014 11:48 Zera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2014 11:09 BigFan wrote:
this is quite the launcher. I was hoping it'll work for port forwarding but I've tried all the ones it has 6112-6119 and I get an X mark for each one lol. I scanned the doc in the OP but couldn't find an answer. Has port forwarding on mca64launcher worked for anyone? thanks!


It works for me perfectly thanks to launcher I can now host games, without manually port-forwarding my router.

oh nice, at least it works for someone lol.

On February 20 2014 12:55 puppykiller wrote:
Yeah I get that X mark too...

I used to be able to always host.

hmm that's definitely rough :/ I can't host with the router I have atm.

On February 20 2014 15:16 xboi209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2014 11:09 BigFan wrote:
this is quite the launcher. I was hoping it'll work for port forwarding but I've tried all the ones it has 6112-6119 and I get an X mark for each one lol. I scanned the doc in the OP but couldn't find an answer. Has port forwarding on mca64launcher worked for anyone? thanks!

It requires that UPnP is enabled in your router

problem is that I've tried everything to get into my router and still nothing. I've opened ports on other routers I've had in the past so it's not like this is the first time but for whatever reason, my current router refuses to allow me to get into the settings to open ports and such. I figured mcalauncher might help but I guess upnp isn't enabled ><;
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
February 21 2014 15:07 GMT
#697
Slightly odd question but I can't find anything about it at a quick glance but is there a way of getting adv bnet to work with windowed mode?
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
February 21 2014 17:10 GMT
#698
On February 22 2014 00:07 Qikz wrote:
Slightly odd question but I can't find anything about it at a quick glance but is there a way of getting adv bnet to work with windowed mode?

Nope
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
February 22 2014 00:32 GMT
#699
could you upgrade the obsmode so that we can see upgrade status or what is build on gateways and so on?
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
February 24 2014 19:46 GMT
#700
So mca64 launcher was working perfectly fine yesterday, but today when trying to launch it.. it comes up with this error..
What does this mean?
[image loading]
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 52 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1436
RotterdaM998
TaKeTV 380
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC183
ZombieGrub102
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1436
RotterdaM 998
MaxPax 224
IndyStarCraft 204
SteadfastSC 183
RuFF_SC2 140
ZombieGrub102
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2633
Shuttle 456
910 66
Mind 59
Bale 14
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1075
Fnx 680
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu794
Other Games
summit1g4083
Grubby2876
Beastyqt741
shahzam496
C9.Mang0171
mouzStarbuck127
UpATreeSC63
ToD7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 190
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade556
Other Games
• imaqtpie657
• Shiphtur307
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 42m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 42m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.