• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7730 users

mca64Launcher - Page 34

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 52 Next
SuGo
Profile Joined March 2013
United States681 Posts
February 11 2014 16:17 GMT
#661
On February 10 2014 02:03 iFU.pauline wrote:
Could there be a way where the update can be done automatically with a couple of click instead of having to download and unzip the whole software each time?

like..

"Do you want to update to xx.xx.xx ?"

YES

10% 50% 100%

EVOLUTION COMPLETE!

do you want a shortcut on your desktop?

end...


I agree. There's a new update every other day it seems. Which, I certainly applaud and enjoy that you're working so hard to make the launcher better and better.

However, from an efficient standpoint of a user, it seems like not having to extract the ZIP file each time and have it automatically upgrade will save time and make more users prone to upgrading. I see many people who still have very old versions and their reasoning is "I don't want to waste time upgrading every day"

If the upgrading is more automated, then everyone can reap the benefits.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-12 00:20:20
February 11 2014 18:32 GMT
#662
EDIT: fixed
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
February 11 2014 20:34 GMT
#663
On February 12 2014 01:17 ProtossGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2014 02:03 iFU.pauline wrote:
Could there be a way where the update can be done automatically with a couple of click instead of having to download and unzip the whole software each time?

like..

"Do you want to update to xx.xx.xx ?"

YES

10% 50% 100%

EVOLUTION COMPLETE!

do you want a shortcut on your desktop?

end...


I agree. There's a new update every other day it seems. Which, I certainly applaud and enjoy that you're working so hard to make the launcher better and better.

However, from an efficient standpoint of a user, it seems like not having to extract the ZIP file each time and have it automatically upgrade will save time and make more users prone to upgrading. I see many people who still have very old versions and their reasoning is "I don't want to waste time upgrading every day"

If the upgrading is more automated, then everyone can reap the benefits.

I second this as well.
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
BonitiilloO
Profile Joined June 2013
Dominican Republic627 Posts
February 11 2014 23:53 GMT
#664
This program works with hamachi?
How may help u?
RedW4rr10r
Profile Joined January 2010
Switzerland749 Posts
February 12 2014 11:15 GMT
#665
I've dl'ed mca launcher and when I run bw in window mode, it kind of lags in game. It's not the same as latency lag on bnet servers or so, more like that kind of lag that my computer can't handle the game... which shouldn't be the case because I've never had any problems before (even while streaming and having several programms running at once). When I switched back to fullscreen, that lag had disappeared... but for now, even then it's still present and for now even if I run bw without any launcher, only by itself. What have I done wrong?? I really don't get it.
Rip & Tear until it is done!
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2611 Posts
February 12 2014 12:20 GMT
#666
Uncheck "DirectDraw-Emulation".

This should solve it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-12 21:54:40
February 12 2014 21:53 GMT
#667
http://9rax.com/mca64/staty/index.html
Stats for mca64Launcher, also the latest version removes spying

On February 12 2014 20:15 RedW4rr10r wrote:
I've dl'ed mca launcher and when I run bw in window mode, it kind of lags in game. It's not the same as latency lag on bnet servers or so, more like that kind of lag that my computer can't handle the game... which shouldn't be the case because I've never had any problems before (even while streaming and having several programms running at once). When I switched back to fullscreen, that lag had disappeared... but for now, even then it's still present and for now even if I run bw without any launcher, only by itself. What have I done wrong?? I really don't get it.

Try disabling CPU Throttling in the in-game speed options
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
February 13 2014 21:14 GMT
#668
why is there a new mca version almost every day? its so annoying
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
February 13 2014 21:18 GMT
#669
On February 14 2014 06:14 TT1 wrote:
why is there a new mca version almost every day? its so annoying

The newest versions let you turn off update checking. I'd suggest you do that since you are so annoyed...
Moderator
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
February 13 2014 22:38 GMT
#670
On February 14 2014 06:18 pheer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2014 06:14 TT1 wrote:
why is there a new mca version almost every day? its so annoying

The newest versions let you turn off update checking. I'd suggest you do that since you are so annoyed...


yea but then if i dont dl a new version after a while my BW starts disconnecting
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
February 13 2014 23:02 GMT
#671
New versions are a good thing. They take a few seconds to download and having stuff fixed is much better than having broken software for weeks.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Ty2
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1434 Posts
February 14 2014 00:52 GMT
#672
--- Nuked ---
Writer
zhuinden
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary90 Posts
February 14 2014 14:37 GMT
#673
Try running as Admin if it's not there, also the English wDetector does not work anymore, use either Korean or Polish if I know correctly.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
February 14 2014 17:07 GMT
#674
On February 12 2014 08:53 SC2BF3Love wrote:
This program works with hamachi?

I see no reason why it shouldn't work on hamachi.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 19:39:27
February 14 2014 19:37 GMT
#675
On February 13 2014 06:53 xboi209 wrote:
http://9rax.com/mca64/staty/index.html
Stats for mca64Launcher, also the latest version removes spying


???
what?
edit:nvm, maybe i understand now :D
zhuinden
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary90 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-15 05:23:10
February 15 2014 05:22 GMT
#676
Nice stats. I stand by my notion that I can't use the stuff until it has some sort of lagger detection in case someone has computer lag, like StormPlugin does. I wish I knew how StormPlugins Ctrl+L actually worked, it is amazing. :D

With all these stupid laggers from Chile, I rather went back to the original 3rd party pack I was using - you have to get rid of them *somehow*....
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
February 15 2014 05:26 GMT
#677
On February 15 2014 14:22 zhuinden wrote:
Nice stats. I stand by my notion that I can't use the stuff until it has some sort of lagger detection in case someone has computer lag, like StormPlugin does. I wish I knew how StormPlugins Ctrl+L actually worked, it is amazing. :D

With all these stupid laggers from Chile, I rather went back to the original 3rd party pack I was using - you have to get rid of them *somehow*....

Mca and I tested lag detection with iCCup antihack but it got us disconnected. wDetector has a lag detector, so Bnet would be the only server that can actually take advantage of the feature.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
zhuinden
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary90 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-15 11:26:52
February 15 2014 11:26 GMT
#678
On February 15 2014 14:26 xboi209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 14:22 zhuinden wrote:
Nice stats. I stand by my notion that I can't use the stuff until it has some sort of lagger detection in case someone has computer lag, like StormPlugin does. I wish I knew how StormPlugins Ctrl+L actually worked, it is amazing. :D

With all these stupid laggers from Chile, I rather went back to the original 3rd party pack I was using - you have to get rid of them *somehow*....

Mca and I tested lag detection with iCCup antihack but it got us disconnected. wDetector has a lag detector, so Bnet would be the only server that can actually take advantage of the feature.


wDetector cannot detect computer lag. Other than that, there are many other features in Mca64 that are applicable only to "BNET And Others".
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
February 15 2014 22:58 GMT
#679
i have a question, the koreans on fish keep pestering me about hosting with a "launcher" for ladder matches even though i'm using mca and wDetector, is there another program that i need that hosts games with #L2 or #L1, or am i just missing something in mca?
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
February 16 2014 01:28 GMT
#680
On February 16 2014 07:58 Endymion wrote:
i have a question, the koreans on fish keep pestering me about hosting with a "launcher" for ladder matches even though i'm using mca and wDetector, is there another program that i need that hosts games with #L2 or #L1, or am i just missing something in mca?

They don't know what mca64Launcher is so obviously that raises some questions
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 52 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 264
SteadfastSC 113
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
910 64
Bale 15
Super Smash Bros
PPMD46
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1083
Other Games
summit1g6956
Grubby2254
shahzam592
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 62
• Hupsaiya 38
• Hinosc 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21308
Other Games
• imaqtpie839
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.