• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:11
CEST 13:11
KST 20:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11505 users

[ABC] Amateur Brood War Coverage (Vol I) - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Mewka
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland1458 Posts
August 06 2012 10:14 GMT
#81
Good good read, amazing interview from Mote
But Corum, not a single word about Noise Amatour Starligue ;o
Mewka, Mewka[AoV], Fox.Mewka, Mewman
SirJolt
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
the Dagon Knight4015 Posts
August 06 2012 14:27 GMT
#82
If anyone wants a league to be featured, please remember that there's more going on than most people think; it can be hard to get around to them. I haven't asked him yet, but I'm hoping he'll excuse my presumptuousness when I say that anyone who thinks a leage should be included should PM 2pacalypse and it will be, at the very least, considered

That said, though Game seems to insinuate something else, we're a small team and we don't have infinite time. There will be leagues that don't always get covered, but we're doing our best
Moderator@SirJolt
JFKWT
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore1442 Posts
August 06 2012 15:07 GMT
#83
On August 05 2012 04:08 NbSky wrote:
well done pac!


I finally realised the pun in 2pac's name
The calm before the storm / "loli is not a crime, but meganekko is the way to go!"
Sum41
Profile Joined November 2011
Chile345 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 20:23:18
August 06 2012 18:03 GMT
#84
so awesome, i'll be always following the foreign scene
Hydralisk so fasts and dangerous :D
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 07 2012 01:28 GMT
#85
It'd be awesome if you could The Rush Week tourney some love. Collegiate BW will finally have a champion (again?) and I'm thinking its gonna be competitive. Also, sweet work on this. BW Forever!!

Will there ever be another Nation War? Whens the next ISL?
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
August 07 2012 08:43 GMT
#86
On August 07 2012 10:28 TheShimmy wrote:
It'd be awesome if you could The Rush Week tourney some love. Collegiate BW will finally have a champion (again?) and I'm thinking its gonna be competitive. Also, sweet work on this. BW Forever!!

Will there ever be another Nation War? Whens the next ISL?

I think there may be some plan on the Nation War front. IDK if it's been aired yet, or specifics, so I won't put up any details. ISL is one of those things- whenever it happens, there must be another. I'm not even worried about that, I'm just sure there will be. I think it's valuable to give time inbetween though, to allow some fresh players to come forward.
EleGant[AoV]
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
August 07 2012 09:36 GMT
#87
On August 07 2012 17:43 ImbaTosS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 10:28 TheShimmy wrote:
It'd be awesome if you could The Rush Week tourney some love. Collegiate BW will finally have a champion (again?) and I'm thinking its gonna be competitive. Also, sweet work on this. BW Forever!!

Will there ever be another Nation War? Whens the next ISL?

I think there may be some plan on the Nation War front. IDK if it's been aired yet, or specifics, so I won't put up any details. ISL is one of those things- whenever it happens, there must be another. I'm not even worried about that, I'm just sure there will be. I think it's valuable to give time inbetween though, to allow some fresh players to come forward.

so we need resurrected facebook wroup ? WE ?
Crimson)S(hadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Philippines959 Posts
August 07 2012 10:28 GMT
#88
the game needs you sayle T__T
"It's the end of the BW era which i devoted everything to for 10 years. I tried playing sc2, but my BW memories run too deep; I felt like I was playing an entirely different game" -ToSsGirL
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
August 07 2012 14:52 GMT
#89
unfortunately I'm going to europe starting tomorrow for around 10 days, so I can't update a thread regarding chinese bw relations, but feel free to pm me in the mean time I will look at them when I can, thanks.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
August 07 2012 15:00 GMT
#90
Awesome to see the coverage of BW continue (hopefully forever) mad props, sickest OP.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7088 Posts
August 08 2012 19:42 GMT
#91
i believe if bw live alot is cuz the map updates. whats we gonna do about this ? Oo
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
August 08 2012 20:32 GMT
#92
On August 09 2012 04:42 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
i believe if bw live alot is cuz the map updates. whats we gonna do about this ? Oo


art of war & solar flare obviously
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
August 08 2012 20:41 GMT
#93
On August 09 2012 04:42 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
i believe if bw live alot is cuz the map updates. whats we gonna do about this ? Oo


Make our own maps, I guess. I'd be willing to run a tournament on community-made maps.
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
August 08 2012 21:36 GMT
#94
On August 09 2012 05:32 Pholon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 04:42 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
i believe if bw live alot is cuz the map updates. whats we gonna do about this ? Oo


art of war & solar flare obviously

Neither of these maps are ever going to see tournament play unless someone actually sponsored that specifically, but there is really no way they'll make it into any kind of league.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
August 08 2012 21:39 GMT
#95
On August 09 2012 05:41 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 04:42 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
i believe if bw live alot is cuz the map updates. whats we gonna do about this ? Oo


Make our own maps, I guess. I'd be willing to run a tournament on community-made maps.

There's more to it than that, you'd need to have a community willing to create maps for the sake of map developers to take their map, revise it, look over every single aspect and then either take a fraction of that work and apply it to another more inclusive scenario. Obviously, someone can do this on their own if it's entirely revised, well designed, balanced, etc. However, the grand majority of publicly submitted maps would contain a few good ideas which may be carried onto another design. So, it would have to be made clear to people that by submitting maps they'd be opening the door to alteration and/or extraction of the ideas which I don't think people would be too keen on.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
August 08 2012 22:44 GMT
#96
On August 09 2012 05:41 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 04:42 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
i believe if bw live alot is cuz the map updates. whats we gonna do about this ? Oo


Make our own maps, I guess. I'd be willing to run a tournament on community-made maps.


Oooooo, host a Konadora map tournament. ^_^
darkness overpowering
JohnBall
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil1272 Posts
August 08 2012 23:49 GMT
#97
This is great. Almost enought to make me want to improve my BW again.
perfecting the art of five pool forever
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 09 2012 00:00 GMT
#98
On August 09 2012 06:39 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2012 05:41 Ribbon wrote:
On August 09 2012 04:42 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
i believe if bw live alot is cuz the map updates. whats we gonna do about this ? Oo


Make our own maps, I guess. I'd be willing to run a tournament on community-made maps.

There's more to it than that, you'd need to have a community willing to create maps for the sake of map developers to take their map, revise it, look over every single aspect and then either take a fraction of that work and apply it to another more inclusive scenario. Obviously, someone can do this on their own if it's entirely revised, well designed, balanced, etc. However, the grand majority of publicly submitted maps would contain a few good ideas which may be carried onto another design. So, it would have to be made clear to people that by submitting maps they'd be opening the door to alteration and/or extraction of the ideas which I don't think people would be too keen on.


Or get some Korean to contact Rose.Of.Dream. Isn't he still around?
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
TheShimmy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1808 Posts
August 09 2012 00:36 GMT
#99
I was also thinking about the map situation. I think it needs its own thread. The obvious best way to carry on new, fresh maps is community map tourneys, then infusing those maps into tournaments and leagues, especially the leagues with high level of play (The CSTL, Gambit's Cup, ISL, SRW, etc.)
Hyvaa #1 Fan. Gogo STX, Dear, Bogus, Classic, and Mini! Always a BW fan!
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
August 09 2012 00:58 GMT
#100
On August 09 2012 09:36 TheShimmy wrote:
I was also thinking about the map situation. I think it needs its own thread. The obvious best way to carry on new, fresh maps is community map tourneys, then infusing those maps into tournaments and leagues, especially the leagues with high level of play (The CSTL, Gambit's Cup, ISL, SRW, etc.)

I hate to be the naysayer here, but there have been multiple threads in the past where an initiative to create new maps was formed. All of them failed due to a combination of old maps by map makers were posted, or rushed and otherwise useless ones having formed, drowning any thoughtful initiatives. If there was going to be a map making effort I personally believe it'd have to be a private matter with a private congregation of map makers and the organizers who would use them. Testing could be easily fulfilled by an organizer or two, and a couple of players.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko172
ProTech129
SHIN 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 6878
Hyuk 1159
Mind 944
Shuttle 863
Bisu 857
Larva 665
Mini 188
firebathero 154
EffOrt 128
Soma 123
[ Show more ]
Last 109
Leta 105
Zeus 84
Hyun 74
ZerO 66
Pusan 61
sorry 47
Hm[arnc] 40
Sexy 40
PianO 39
Killer 33
Bale 32
ToSsGirL 31
Trap 27
Aegong 21
hero 16
yabsab 15
JulyZerg 8
Noble 7
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe677
XaKoH 465
Dendi115
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1468
Other Games
gofns29871
singsing2245
B2W.Neo375
crisheroes302
OGKoka 175
Mew2King96
ArmadaUGS53
DeMusliM51
Livibee48
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream190
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• Gemini_19 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7318
League of Legends
• Jankos1572
Other Games
• WagamamaTV41
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 49m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.