• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:01
CEST 15:01
KST 22:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8090 users

BW Head Coaches on SC2 - Page 44

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 61 Next
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
April 23 2012 05:47 GMT
#861
WOW.

That was the most interesting and fun to read interview I have ever seen on TL.

Hearing those guys puts my mind at rest. They are so smart, and they sound like they really are all part of the same team. That was so great to get to listen in on.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 06:14:43
April 23 2012 06:14 GMT
#862
On April 23 2012 12:23 0neder wrote:
Show nested quote +
some coaches agree that SC2 seemed boring in comparison to BW.So when they have to force the players to play this game later on, they feel like players wouldn't be doing it for fun anymore = it actually will be forcing it.

This is the tragedy of SC2 as an esport. For most familiar with BW, it's just not as fun to watch or play. I want SO bad to love it as much, and I still hold out hope. But Dustin Browder seems to have his own vision and it misses the mark of several key factors that created the competitive Starcraft scene, that made tens of thousands of fans scream at ProLeague and StarLeague finals.


Hundreds of thousands. Don't sell BW so short!

I will keep watching sporadically, though, to see what happens. I hope SC2 gets more exciting in terms of the game itself and in terms of how the absolute best players in the world show even more clearly how broken things are and maybe some new possibilities.


SC2 is slooooooowly moving in a good direction, as units written off as bad turn out to be good with some micro, maps are getting better, even the Blizzard ones, and general skill rises. It's light years from BW, but the direction is the right one.

In terms of "new possibilities", the metagame of SC2 is so rapid that a lot of people (myself included) find it more interesting than the actual game itself. .

On April 23 2012 11:06 Kaal wrote:I also don't like how there's so many tournaments, with no big tournament of tournaments like the OSL/MSL.



Yeah, it's kind of weird to have two separate SC2 tournament finals (Dreamhack and MLG Spring Arena) going on at the same time. It's no secret, though, that the SC2 scene is due for a collapse, for exactly that reason. All the leagues are competing to be one of the two or three big ones in 2013. Most of them (NASL, most likely), are going to fail.

Also winners league in GSTL is stupid, there's a reason that WL was much shorter than PL. It's fun and exciting to watch for a bit, but I really would like to see different players play as opposed to the same players over and over and over.


Every other team tournament does it closer to Proleague style.

On April 23 2012 11:46 LEGAsee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 11:06 Kaal wrote:


It's the MBS and Automine that are BW fans biggest issue with SC2.


Uh what. I don't even care about MBS and Automine. I'm fine with that, and so are a lot of other bw fans. What bothers me is that the units are boring, the matches feel stagnant after like 10 minutes, unit control is weird, the spells and abilities have no wow factor. That's about it off the top of my head. I also don't like how there's so many tournaments, with no big tournament of tournaments like the OSL/MSL. Also winners league in GSTL is stupid, there's a reason that WL was much shorter than PL. It's fun and exciting to watch for a bit, but I really would like to see different players play as opposed to the same players over and over and over.


Precisely, no one really cares that the workers go mine themselves or that it takes .3 seconds less to macro. These are just reasons why the play of pro BW players are that much more amazing. It's not like we watch OSL and let out a collective "wow!" when there aren't any workers sitting idle near the CC. I guess after all these years what will finally make SC2 players understand why we like broodwar is going to be its decline and the advent of the dual league. Sigh.


I followed BW closely for months before SC2 came out, and more casually afterwords, and we totally do. I was just at a Barcraft for SC2 where people were oohinh and aahing over DRG's creep spread. And while spreading creep in SC2 is one of the few mechincally hard (and therefore impressive) things in that game, macroing in BW is harder. That's why people get praised for having good macro, because it's really hard to do, especially while doing a billion other things. I see BW players leaving 2-3 SCVs idle in front of the CC in their 4th actually fairly often, because it's HARD. The mechinical skill of the game is one of the biggest draws. If you had MBS and Automine, then nothing in BW would be impressive because little in BW is really all that hard if you have nothing else to do. The fact that you have to macro while splitting your army AND dropping AND microing AND watching your mineral line for DTs etc etc etc is what makes it hard, and therefore impressive.
Micro_Jackson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany2002 Posts
April 23 2012 06:16 GMT
#863
I think a problem that sc2 have is that there are too many tournaments with semi-pro´s/bad players. Imagine if there would be 10 - 20 online/offline tournaments in BW, the quality of most of the games would be very bad. It´s like you pick Celtics vs Lakers or Barcelona vs RealMadrid and say any match that is not good as these two is bad because the game sucks. It´s just unfair to compare random online Tournaments with Proleagues with weeks of preparation for every single set.

And no one will stop you from playing BW.
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 06:49:53
April 23 2012 06:49 GMT
#864
On April 23 2012 15:14 Ribbon wrote:


Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 11:06 Kaal wrote:I also don't like how there's so many tournaments, with no big tournament of tournaments like the OSL/MSL.



Yeah, it's kind of weird to have two separate SC2 tournament finals (Dreamhack and MLG Spring Arena) going on at the same time. It's no secret, though, that the SC2 scene is due for a collapse, for exactly that reason. All the leagues are competing to be one of the two or three big ones in 2013. Most of them (NASL, most likely), are going to fail.



I don't think so about NASL going to fail soon though. They had just made contract with CBSi so they have some strength that could convince CBSi. Worst case is that they are going to be absorbed by MLG but that is still a long way to go.

I think the progress is going to be the big international leagues (GSL, MLG, DH, IPL and IEM) is going to cooperate with each other more and more (MLG and DH start to cooperate). They might absorb or sponsor smaller leagues more if they can use them as qualifiers.
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
April 23 2012 06:58 GMT
#865
On April 23 2012 15:49 Veldril wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 15:14 Ribbon wrote:


On April 23 2012 11:06 Kaal wrote:I also don't like how there's so many tournaments, with no big tournament of tournaments like the OSL/MSL.



Yeah, it's kind of weird to have two separate SC2 tournament finals (Dreamhack and MLG Spring Arena) going on at the same time. It's no secret, though, that the SC2 scene is due for a collapse, for exactly that reason. All the leagues are competing to be one of the two or three big ones in 2013. Most of them (NASL, most likely), are going to fail.



I don't think so about NASL going to fail soon though. They had just made contract with CBSi so they have some strength that could convince CBSi. Worst case is that they are going to be absorbed by MLG but that is still a long way to go.

I think the progress is going to be the big international leagues (GSL, MLG, DH, IPL and IEM) is going to cooperate with each other more and more (MLG and DH start to cooperate). They might absorb or sponsor smaller leagues more if they can use them as qualifiers.

Honestly NASL might have been the of lower quality compared to the big 4 (gsl, mlg, dh,ipl) but it certainly is better than IEM imho plus with them picking up one of the top caster combos (bitterdam <3) and adding incentives to play better games in the normal season (every game has a prize purse) I feel nasl is on the up and up. IEM will be the first to fall if any of them do tbh, lowest viewership, meh players attending and bad timing (they always seem to do it during other, better events) NASL might eventually fail but i feel IEM will be first of the tourneys to leave the scene.
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
April 23 2012 07:39 GMT
#866
I can't wait until the pro houses start playing. I want to love SC2 so bad but comparing some of the recent SC2 games to the recent proleague finals was like comparing checkers to chess. Letting some of the guys on the proteams practice and play will greatly expand the SC2's depth.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
April 23 2012 07:55 GMT
#867
I'll definitely get my interest back for SC2 when the BW pros start playing, but I doubt even they can elevate SC2 to new heights and hold my interest for long. It's ultimately down to Blizzard to try and fix some design flaws and make things more interesting. But from what I've seen so far with their HOTS dev updates, I don't hold much hope for that.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
LEGAsee
Profile Joined January 2010
170 Posts
April 23 2012 08:05 GMT
#868
On April 23 2012 15:14 Ribbon wrote:


I followed BW closely for months before SC2 came out, and more casually afterwords, and we totally do. I was just at a Barcraft for SC2 where people were oohinh and aahing over DRG's creep spread. And while spreading creep in SC2 is one of the few mechincally hard (and therefore impressive) things in that game, macroing in BW is harder. That's why people get praised for having good macro, because it's really hard to do, especially while doing a billion other things. I see BW players leaving 2-3 SCVs idle in front of the CC in their 4th actually fairly often, because it's HARD. The mechinical skill of the game is one of the biggest draws. If you had MBS and Automine, then nothing in BW would be impressive because little in BW is really all that hard if you have nothing else to do. The fact that you have to macro while splitting your army AND dropping AND microing AND watching your mineral line for DTs etc etc etc is what makes it hard, and therefore impressive.


I didn't mean to belittle the efforts of players macro, I agree with what you're saying. I simply meant that it wasn't those things alone that make the difference. It's the fact that workers automine, MBS makes macro easy, infinite unit select, not nearly as much micro potential of units, and smartcasting combined make the mechanics in SC2 so easy that I'm not impressed when I watch. Just as in BW it isn't the fact that they are making units consistently, it's that they are doing it without aid while managing their army and those other things you said. At 350 APM. But I think that even further than that, the fact that in BW you never really can be doing everything you should be adds another layer on top of it all with the decision making involved. I have five things I need to do...which three do I choose to do?
Brood War has been a part of our lives for the last 12 years. No, we don't want change.
LEGAsee
Profile Joined January 2010
170 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 08:05:50
April 23 2012 08:05 GMT
#869

On April 23 2012 15:14 Ribbon wrote:


I followed BW closely for months before SC2 came out, and more casually afterwords, and we totally do. I was just at a Barcraft for SC2 where people were oohinh and aahing over DRG's creep spread. And while spreading creep in SC2 is one of the few mechincally hard (and therefore impressive) things in that game, macroing in BW is harder. That's why people get praised for having good macro, because it's really hard to do, especially while doing a billion other things. I see BW players leaving 2-3 SCVs idle in front of the CC in their 4th actually fairly often, because it's HARD. The mechinical skill of the game is one of the biggest draws. If you had MBS and Automine, then nothing in BW would be impressive because little in BW is really all that hard if you have nothing else to do. The fact that you have to macro while splitting your army AND dropping AND microing AND watching your mineral line for DTs etc etc etc is what makes it hard, and therefore impressive.


I didn't mean to belittle the efforts of players macro, I agree with what you're saying. I simply meant that it wasn't those things alone that make the difference. It's the fact that workers automine, MBS makes macro easy, infinite unit select, not nearly as much micro potential of units, and smartcasting combined make the mechanics in SC2 so easy that I'm not impressed when I watch. Just as in BW it isn't the fact that they are making units consistently, it's that they are doing it without aid while managing their army and those other things you said. At 350 APM. But I think that even further than that, the fact that in BW you never really can be doing everything you should be adds another layer on top of it all with the decision making involved. I have five things I need to do this very second...which three do I choose to do?
Brood War has been a part of our lives for the last 12 years. No, we don't want change.
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
April 23 2012 08:28 GMT
#870
On April 23 2012 16:55 Telcontar wrote:
I'll definitely get my interest back for SC2 when the BW pros start playing, but I doubt even they can elevate SC2 to new heights and hold my interest for long. It's ultimately down to Blizzard to try and fix some design flaws and make things more interesting. But from what I've seen so far with their HOTS dev updates, I don't hold much hope for that.

Yes, i was repeating it many times, DO NOT expect to see DIFFERENT game because TBLS is playing it, it will be the SAME game just only slightly better played. Yes slightly.

If someone didnt like SC2 and game dynamics dont expect marines to behave differently or hellions turning into vultures just because Fantasy is playing it. Everyone who understands both game designs will know that even TBLS playing SC2 won't necceserily make it BW-like experience, it will be just refined SC2. I will be rooting for my favorite BW players and will probably go back to watching SC2 frequently yet the points remain it will not be BW and soon everyone will know.
Stork[gm]
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
April 23 2012 10:21 GMT
#871
On April 22 2012 22:56 Darksoldierr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 22:27 PiPoGevy wrote:
I wonder why the players dont stream Starcraft II, fair enough BroodWar, but SCII all they are doing is messing around... lol


Are kespa players allowed to stream at all?

I meant stream ONLY Starcraft II...
John 15:13
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 23 2012 10:28 GMT
#872
On April 23 2012 19:21 PiPoGevy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 22:56 Darksoldierr wrote:
On April 22 2012 22:27 PiPoGevy wrote:
I wonder why the players dont stream Starcraft II, fair enough BroodWar, but SCII all they are doing is messing around... lol


Are kespa players allowed to stream at all?

I meant stream ONLY Starcraft II...


no streaming whatsoever, nor replay sharing.
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Barburas
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom247 Posts
April 23 2012 12:02 GMT
#873
On April 23 2012 15:14 Ribbon wrote:
Yeah, it's kind of weird to have two separate SC2 tournament finals (Dreamhack and MLG Spring Arena) going on at the same time. It's no secret, though, that the SC2 scene is due for a collapse, for exactly that reason. All the leagues are competing to be one of the two or three big ones in 2013. Most of them (NASL, most likely), are going to fail.


I'm not really seeing what you're basing this on. I see no real evidence that the SC2 scene is heading for an imminent collapse, certainly I wouldn't count that two tournaments both playing SC2 on the same weekend (both getting good viewer counts and one was ppv) as evidence for this.

I could definitely see NASL failing (although less so now they've made many positive changes for their season 3 format getting Bitterdam, etc), but that wouldn't be at all to do with SC2 and more to do with poor standards/blunders they made.
Jurassic
Profile Joined July 2010
Hungary79 Posts
April 23 2012 12:59 GMT
#874
Team 8 Coach Joo: "One thing that’s changed in our team is that our players were never late to lunch, and after that they all took the scheduled rest. Now, after lunch, all of them head straight to the computers. It’s a new game and they find it interesting. I think some of them know that it’s a new opportunity to climb the ranks, so they focus better than before."

Stars Coach Lee: "Some of our old players that considered retirement in the past while actually regained the passion while practising for both games. If we kept going with SC1 only, our team would have had retirement news to release."

At least with SC2 they have found a new goal to set for themselves. I'm curious how this whole thing turns out.
wassbix
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada499 Posts
April 23 2012 13:21 GMT
#875
On April 23 2012 17:28 bgx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 16:55 Telcontar wrote:
I'll definitely get my interest back for SC2 when the BW pros start playing, but I doubt even they can elevate SC2 to new heights and hold my interest for long. It's ultimately down to Blizzard to try and fix some design flaws and make things more interesting. But from what I've seen so far with their HOTS dev updates, I don't hold much hope for that.

Yes, i was repeating it many times, DO NOT expect to see DIFFERENT game because TBLS is playing it, it will be the SAME game just only slightly better played. Yes slightly.

If someone didnt like SC2 and game dynamics dont expect marines to behave differently or hellions turning into vultures just because Fantasy is playing it. Everyone who understands both game designs will know that even TBLS playing SC2 won't necceserily make it BW-like experience, it will be just refined SC2. I will be rooting for my favorite BW players and will probably go back to watching SC2 frequently yet the points remain it will not be BW and soon everyone will know.


I share a similar sentiment. The reason you hear the comment "SC2 is so much more fun to play than watch" is exactly due to how it was designed. Leve of player skill won't change that. For me personally, I'm not sure if watching TBLS will make it more enjoyable or just just make me hate SC2 even more (going from Fantasy Vulture to Fantasy hellion is....).
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
April 23 2012 14:16 GMT
#876
On April 23 2012 22:21 wassbix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 17:28 bgx wrote:
On April 23 2012 16:55 Telcontar wrote:
I'll definitely get my interest back for SC2 when the BW pros start playing, but I doubt even they can elevate SC2 to new heights and hold my interest for long. It's ultimately down to Blizzard to try and fix some design flaws and make things more interesting. But from what I've seen so far with their HOTS dev updates, I don't hold much hope for that.

Yes, i was repeating it many times, DO NOT expect to see DIFFERENT game because TBLS is playing it, it will be the SAME game just only slightly better played. Yes slightly.

If someone didnt like SC2 and game dynamics dont expect marines to behave differently or hellions turning into vultures just because Fantasy is playing it. Everyone who understands both game designs will know that even TBLS playing SC2 won't necceserily make it BW-like experience, it will be just refined SC2. I will be rooting for my favorite BW players and will probably go back to watching SC2 frequently yet the points remain it will not be BW and soon everyone will know.


I share a similar sentiment. The reason you hear the comment "SC2 is so much more fun to play than watch" is exactly due to how it was designed. Leve of player skill won't change that. For me personally, I'm not sure if watching TBLS will make it more enjoyable or just just make me hate SC2 even more (going from Fantasy Vulture to Fantasy hellion is....).


I hear exactly the opposite, a lot of people who don't play the game like to watch it.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 14:20:49
April 23 2012 14:20 GMT
#877
On April 23 2012 21:02 Barburas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 15:14 Ribbon wrote:
Yeah, it's kind of weird to have two separate SC2 tournament finals (Dreamhack and MLG Spring Arena) going on at the same time. It's no secret, though, that the SC2 scene is due for a collapse, for exactly that reason. All the leagues are competing to be one of the two or three big ones in 2013. Most of them (NASL, most likely), are going to fail.


I'm not really seeing what you're basing this on. I see no real evidence that the SC2 scene is heading for an imminent collapse, certainly I wouldn't count that two tournaments both playing SC2 on the same weekend (both getting good viewer counts and one was ppv) as evidence for this.


Both FXOBoss and Sundance have said as much. It's not that the scene is getting smaller, exactly, it's that there are too many tournaments. No one's making money except maybe MLG, and only on Arenas. Maybe. So, eventually, people will bow out, and instead of two tournaments with 80,000 people watching, there'll be one with 160,000, and that guy will start doing really well.

On April 23 2012 23:16 NeonFox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 22:21 wassbix wrote:
On April 23 2012 17:28 bgx wrote:
On April 23 2012 16:55 Telcontar wrote:
I'll definitely get my interest back for SC2 when the BW pros start playing, but I doubt even they can elevate SC2 to new heights and hold my interest for long. It's ultimately down to Blizzard to try and fix some design flaws and make things more interesting. But from what I've seen so far with their HOTS dev updates, I don't hold much hope for that.

Yes, i was repeating it many times, DO NOT expect to see DIFFERENT game because TBLS is playing it, it will be the SAME game just only slightly better played. Yes slightly.

If someone didnt like SC2 and game dynamics dont expect marines to behave differently or hellions turning into vultures just because Fantasy is playing it. Everyone who understands both game designs will know that even TBLS playing SC2 won't necceserily make it BW-like experience, it will be just refined SC2. I will be rooting for my favorite BW players and will probably go back to watching SC2 frequently yet the points remain it will not be BW and soon everyone will know.


I share a similar sentiment. The reason you hear the comment "SC2 is so much more fun to play than watch" is exactly due to how it was designed. Leve of player skill won't change that. For me personally, I'm not sure if watching TBLS will make it more enjoyable or just just make me hate SC2 even more (going from Fantasy Vulture to Fantasy hellion is....).


I hear exactly the opposite, a lot of people who don't play the game like to watch it.


I think that's just 'cause people are busy. I'm sure a lot of Korean BW fans don't really play it much either, because they have friends and school and shit, and other hobbies. The foreign BW scene isn't really indicative of anything, because it's almost entirely hardcore people at this point.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
April 23 2012 14:21 GMT
#878
On April 23 2012 15:14 Ribbon wrote:
In terms of "new possibilities", the metagame of SC2 is so rapid that a lot of people (myself included) find it more interesting than the actual game itself. .

This is exactly how I feel (I agree with the rest of your post too). I prefer broodwar, but all of the meta part of sc2 is very exciting and it's good to be a part of it.
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
April 23 2012 14:25 GMT
#879
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.

shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 14:28:42
April 23 2012 14:26 GMT
#880
^^ I dont understand this open minded crap that is spread around. People like x game better. Thats all, nothing close minded about it. The same open minded thing could be said about LoL vs sc2.

I actually thought, the fact that the "metagame" is so important is bad, it leads to having more one sided matches, and is more about blindish-guessing what the other guy is doing as opposed to actually playing it out in the game.

Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1429
WardiTV760
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6529
Bisu 2225
Jaedong 1178
EffOrt 498
Horang2 463
actioN 336
Mini 254
ZerO 196
ggaemo 147
Larva 144
[ Show more ]
Pusan 117
Mind 109
Barracks 75
Bale 65
Sharp 65
Hyun 63
Sea.KH 62
Shinee 61
Yoon 55
Snow 54
Dewaltoss 50
ToSsGirL 35
hero 34
NotJumperer 27
sorry 18
Sacsri 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Noble 12
zelot 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
NaDa 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3633
qojqva1330
Dendi1065
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1149
markeloff163
Other Games
hiko665
B2W.Neo504
Lowko433
crisheroes300
DeMusliM277
Pyrionflax192
Livibee137
QueenE79
Mew2King55
Liquid`VortiX21
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV892
League of Legends
• Jankos2090
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 59m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.