• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8294 users

BW Head Coaches on SC2 - Page 45

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 61 Next
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
April 23 2012 14:29 GMT
#881
'Metagame' is also a word without definition lawl.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 14:34:22
April 23 2012 14:30 GMT
#882
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Figgy
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1788 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 14:45:04
April 23 2012 14:44 GMT
#883
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.


The problem with SSBB was Metaknight was unbelievably broken and there was little anyone could do to fix this problem. He only had 2 bad match ups which he was only barely unfavourable anyways (Yoshi, and imo Kirby).

Not enough tournaments banned Metaknight fast enough, making every higher end bracket with half the field using Metaknight and very little variation.
Bug Fixes Fixed an issue where, when facing a SlayerS terran, completing a hatchery would cause a medivac and 8 marines to randomly spawn nearby and attack it.
huehuehuehue
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Estonia455 Posts
April 23 2012 14:54 GMT
#884
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .

TvZ kinda has that multiple drops & skirmishes thing. TvT to some extent too, but in TvT i find more exciting all of the buildorder metagaming etc.. But I kinda feel like PvZ is really lacking in that department, I find it a really boring matchup.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
April 23 2012 14:56 GMT
#885
On April 23 2012 23:54 huehuehuehue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .

TvZ kinda has that multiple drops & skirmishes thing. TvT to some extent too, but in TvT i find more exciting all of the buildorder metagaming etc.. But I kinda feel like PvZ is really lacking in that department, I find it a really boring matchup.


What has build order got to do with meta gaming ?
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
April 23 2012 15:00 GMT
#886
On April 23 2012 23:44 Figgy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.


The problem with SSBB was Metaknight was unbelievably broken and there was little anyone could do to fix this problem. He only had 2 bad match ups which he was only barely unfavourable anyways (Yoshi, and imo Kirby).

Not enough tournaments banned Metaknight fast enough, making every higher end bracket with half the field using Metaknight and very little variation.



S tier was only Snake and MK. Snake wasn't even that great, but he could deal with MK. Tournaments banned MK too late

However, Project M is amazing for SSBB if you haven't played it yet.

shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
April 23 2012 15:01 GMT
#887
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .



I'm glad you're such an expert on SC2, you clearly watched Dreamhack this weekend.



shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
TrainSamurai
Profile Joined November 2010
339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 15:03:54
April 23 2012 15:01 GMT
#888
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .


Some games do have multiple stops. Still boring because well theres the drops and then you still got the rest of the game to watch. There are also times when the deathball just ignores the drop and brute forces its way into the main. Also because the rest of the game is not very entertaining because of reasons we've already covered and seriously I cbf bringing up again because it is like talking to a wall.

I never really get a kick out of BW's multiple drops unless they're unexpected/done with perfection anyway so theres that as well.
LoL is the greatest thing to happen to ESPORS. LoL is the KING of ESPORTS
jdsowa
Profile Joined March 2011
405 Posts
April 23 2012 15:12 GMT
#889
I'm 31. I basically stopped playing and following video games years before BW came out. I started playing SC2 out of the blue last year. I find BW hard to follow. Even though I favor NES, SNES, and Genesis games, the BW graphics seem especially crude to me. I would like to see Blizzard add more variety to SC2. WC3 has 4 races, with about 20 units per.
huehuehuehue
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Estonia455 Posts
April 23 2012 15:13 GMT
#890
On April 23 2012 23:56 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:54 huehuehuehue wrote:
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .

TvZ kinda has that multiple drops & skirmishes thing. TvT to some extent too, but in TvT i find more exciting all of the buildorder metagaming etc.. But I kinda feel like PvZ is really lacking in that department, I find it a really boring matchup.


What has build order got to do with meta gaming ?

I don't know how to explain it well, but by that i mean things like researching caducus reactor (or whatever the fucks that called)when the enemy scans you're base so he thinks you are going cloak banshee so he overprepares with turrets and stuff. And then all other kinds of stuff like that, faking enemys out with gas timings etc, I don't know how to explain it :o.
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
April 23 2012 18:43 GMT
#891
What a great Interview. Seeing the coaches talking serious about the future of their industry and joking about practice and potential skilllevel of each team really glued me to the screen.

It's both a interesting and quite a tense time for all of these teams. It might work, it might not. Players basically are forced to switch to a game they just might not necessarily enjoy. Because it is different. And each and everyone of these young guys, even if we don't see them on broadcasted games fights his own battle to someday break out. This is a turning point. For some it's a chance, for some maybe the clicking realization that they are the last professional Brood Wars generation and all their passion can't help overcome the fact that the industry is on struggling grounds. For what they hoped one day to accomplish with their game of choice, of love might not even be possible anymore.

But it is their job. And as such they are driven into this position of do or leave. Try or quit.
And maybe you know what? Maybe some of them find swimming in this new river holds to be the adventure they are seeking for. Giving them a fighting chance to be the one needle in a haystack, ready to be found. New stories may be told. New heroes may be born. New legends are formed. And their name might be written down, if the story goes on...

I will be watching. At least to give them all a chance
Supah
Profile Joined August 2010
708 Posts
April 23 2012 18:54 GMT
#892
On April 24 2012 00:01 TrainSamurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .


Some games do have multiple stops. Still boring because well theres the drops and then you still got the rest of the game to watch. There are also times when the deathball just ignores the drop and brute forces its way into the main. Also because the rest of the game is not very entertaining because of reasons we've already covered and seriously I cbf bringing up again because it is like talking to a wall.

I never really get a kick out of BW's multiple drops unless they're unexpected/done with perfection anyway so theres that as well.


I mean, is that not real in BW too? Army is out of position to adequately defend a drop (or in the last big final, position behind your base), so the only thing you can do is take advantage of the opponent's lack of army and push out. There are almost never any 2 base vs 2 base max armies anymore, in fact, I haven't seen ANY in quite a long time. Sure, you have a lot of passive play (some European/NA Protosses come to mind the most), but what you're talking about happens in Gold and Diamond, not at the pro level.
arcane1129
Profile Joined January 2011
United States273 Posts
April 23 2012 19:30 GMT
#893
On April 23 2012 23:44 Figgy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.


The problem with SSBB was Metaknight was unbelievably broken and there was little anyone could do to fix this problem. He only had 2 bad match ups which he was only barely unfavourable anyways (Yoshi, and imo Kirby).

Not enough tournaments banned Metaknight fast enough, making every higher end bracket with half the field using Metaknight and very little variation.


Metaknight has never had an issue with Yoshi and Kirby, lol. The characters that stacked up relatively well vs him were Diddy, Ice Climbers, and kind of Snake, Falco, Olimar, and a couple of others.

The Smash community was also never ruined; there are still a ton of tournaments happening for both games. It's just that a lot of the Melee veterans are getting older and Brawl had garbage online and no developer support (while competing with games like SSF4, SC2, League, etc). Plus, there just isn't the money available for smash to justify all the travel considering that most tournaments for the games are grass roots, not sponsored tournies like other games.
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 19:44:22
April 23 2012 19:41 GMT
#894
On April 23 2012 23:54 huehuehuehue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .

TvZ kinda has that multiple drops & skirmishes thing. TvT to some extent too, but in TvT i find more exciting all of the buildorder metagaming etc.. But I kinda feel like PvZ is really lacking in that department, I find it a really boring matchup.


In short, every mu with Protoss is really bad in SC2, but TvT and TvZ, even ZvZ to some extent are pretty good. Blizzard just dosen't have an idea what to do with toss overall.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
April 23 2012 20:58 GMT
#895
On April 24 2012 04:41 Darksoldierr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:54 huehuehuehue wrote:
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .

TvZ kinda has that multiple drops & skirmishes thing. TvT to some extent too, but in TvT i find more exciting all of the buildorder metagaming etc.. But I kinda feel like PvZ is really lacking in that department, I find it a really boring matchup.


In short, every mu with Protoss is really bad in SC2, but TvT and TvZ, even ZvZ to some extent are pretty good. Blizzard just dosen't have an idea what to do with toss overall.


the problem with protoss is that warpgrates caused all the gateways units to be a lot weaker (comparatively) and it completely fucked up the dynamics that were in BW.

the main reason SC2 isn't as fun to watch, for me, is because most of the core units just aren't nearly as interesting to watch engage each other as in BW. It just isn't fun to watch marauders stutter-step vs everything or watch mutas just fly on top of stuff and shoot. Yea the terran matchups have a lot of drops, but they are never that fun to watch because it's missing the exciting elements from BW such as vultures/mines, scourge, and (so some extent) micro.

TvP is so boring compared to BW becuase it is missing all the diversity that comes in that MU. there is no reaver harass (or equivelent), no mine-laying and vulture harass (or do people harass with hellions/reapers now?), siege tanks are never used, no arbitors, etc. From 99% of all the SC2 TvPs I've seen, it's just a big MMM ball (with or without vikings to kill colossi or some ghosts to throw out EMPs) vs a gateway army of zeals/stalkers/templars/sentries (and maybe archons or immortals) with the terran doing some drops and stuff. It's most similar to a zerg attacking a protoss gateway army in BW with just hydras (but you don't have to micro your zealots to get a surround becuase they do that automatically). Yea storm dodging can be cool, but generally that is one of the more boring unit encounters in BW because there's just not much else going on.

honestly I never thought TvZ in SC2 was so much better than the other matchups, but that's probably because I play zerg and always get pissed off about how they removed every fun aspect of htat match-up (defilers, muta micro, scourge, vessels, lurkers)

Free Palestine
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 23 2012 21:16 GMT
#896
On April 24 2012 00:12 jdsowa wrote:
I'm 31. I basically stopped playing and following video games years before BW came out. I started playing SC2 out of the blue last year. I find BW hard to follow. Even though I favor NES, SNES, and Genesis games, the BW graphics seem especially crude to me. I would like to see Blizzard add more variety to SC2. WC3 has 4 races, with about 20 units per.

"Hi, I am an old man who doesn't know anything about video games. Please watch my Bejeweled video stream."

JK but this is a silly thing to say. No one is gonna claim that BW is literally for everyone, but it is an intellectual game which appeals to a very long lasting audience. Not everyone likes Chess or Go, but for those who do it is a very deep game which goes beyond cheap entertainment.WC3 was an interesting game, but having 4 races was not the reason. It's racial balance and map balance was actually one of its biggest failings, what made it interesting was its innovative hero system and army focused gameplay. To look at the very surface of the game... sure having lots of units and 4 races is a selling point on the back of the cardboard box, but that says nothing else about it. SC2 could have had 6 races if Blizzard wanted to go that direction, but clearly there was a desire to recreate what BW had done with three very distinct races... and actually this is the failing point for many BW fans, as the races don't feel as distinct or special.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
geno
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1404 Posts
April 23 2012 22:18 GMT
#897
On April 23 2012 23:30 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:25 Crownlol wrote:
Excited to see this level of open-mindedness.

The fact is, the split from SSBM and SSBB ruined the smash community, and Source really hurt CS.

The quicker pros join the game that more people want to watch (thus monetizing it), the better.

I know you've been playing BW for 12 years, but the more open-minded the BW community is about switching to the newer, more popular game, the better.



I don't mind watching sc2 as long the game isn't about sitting on two bases than make a death ball and battle it out in the middle . I am hoping that I can see multiple drops and skirmishes all over the map and than players using that as an advantage to keep macroing and gain new bases at the same time . It will do a lot of justice to bw fans if sc2 can exhibits qualities like this so at least we old fans can admit that this game is really is "okay" .

Hopefully each game will be as action pack as bw did it in it's glorious days. Also I want to be on the edge of my seat in every sc2 games that are being played . Making me interested and nervous at every time a battle begins . This is a really simple request and I am sure sc2 is actually at the level of bw awesomeness .

This will come with time. It was definitely like this in the majority of 2011, especially in the foreigner scene, but at this point it's diverged quite a bit from the 2-base, max-ball, push out game it used to be. You'll still see games like that every now and then, but its getting rarer and rarer, and the people who stick with that playstyle are getting farther and farther behind.

I think the best intro to SC2 BW fans can get is watching some FPV streams of Hero. He was the first (Protoss) player that I watched and realized how much more similar SC2 is to BW than I used to think. The lack of multitasking and harass and the like wasn't a result of it being a different game, it was just a symptom of it being a NEW game, and no one being good enough to mix it in yet.
JeffGoldblum
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Cook Islands191 Posts
April 23 2012 22:27 GMT
#898
On April 23 2012 23:29 ShadeR wrote:
'Metagame' is also a word without definition lawl.


"The use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions."

I'm Jeff Goldblum
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
April 23 2012 22:34 GMT
#899
On April 24 2012 07:27 JeffGoldblum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2012 23:29 ShadeR wrote:
'Metagame' is also a word without definition lawl.


"The use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions."



YES, finally someone who actually knows what the fuck metagame means.

I fucking hate when people say 'the current metagame is fast marine marauder push at 5 mins', when they actually meant the current 'trend'.

Also fuck who says push when they mean attack. Push is push (like tank leap frogging), attack is attack.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
amazingoopah
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1925 Posts
April 23 2012 22:38 GMT
#900
I'm wondering if ACE will be disbanded as a result? Because I don't think the Korean Air Force is going to splurge on buying versions of the game plus more up to date computers to practice on... wondering if anyone has heard anything about ACE, especially since they weren't in the interview.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TaKeTV 91
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1117
RotterdaM 85
ByuN 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4248
Bisu 1125
Shuttle 1041
Stork 517
BeSt 395
Mini 351
EffOrt 349
actioN 260
Horang2 254
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Mind 130
hero 120
Light 96
Yoon 92
910 84
Zeus 73
Mong 64
Snow 62
Shinee 58
Barracks 54
sorry 45
Sea.KH 44
JYJ 38
Killer 28
Terrorterran 26
Bale 25
HiyA 24
ToSsGirL 21
Sexy 19
yabsab 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Sacsri 12
zelot 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5697
qojqva2783
Dendi1300
Counter-Strike
fl0m3796
Fnx 693
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko993
ceh9379
Livibee334
XBOCT274
Beastyqt228
Hui .223
XaKoH 149
Trikslyr44
Chillindude22
QueenE15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 11
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2885
Other Games
• Shiphtur160
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 54m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 54m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.