• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:32
CEST 00:32
KST 07:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8107 users

Proleague 2011-2012 Format - Page 18

Forum Index > BW General
492 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 25 Next All
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 18:17:17
November 17 2011 18:16 GMT
#341
On November 18 2011 03:10 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 03:05 StarStruck wrote:
On November 18 2011 02:18 zeehar wrote:
i love how people come up with these weird logic jumps

"a league without a winner" >>> they have a winner for the first half and then a winner for the second half. how hard is that so to comprehend? we should be thinking of the league as two distinct leagues from hereon.


It's the fact everyone wants a grand final, final. Instead of two finals in two seasons. They had to shrink it down because they only have one network now and we won't get to see as many players now. How will you let the other guys develop? There just isn't the same amount of opportunity anymore for them to excel especially once they get knocked out of the OSL.

They'll probably find themselves playing more and more SC2 more than anything else. It's a bitter pill to swallow. I understand it, but there is nothing like a grand final tying everything together rather than having two bite size seasons with three rounds each.

:/


I agree with Zeehar, it's just two seperate leagues now, not two half leagues. Maybe they can add in a Grand Finals for winner of round 1 and winner of round 2.

I prefer BO5 and less days a week, imo. Less stress on players, more time to prep for individual leagues.


They only have one individual league to prepare for now and even then that only used to effect players like JD or Flash. So I really don't see the point. There's always been a lot of time to prepare for matches. I don't buy it.
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
November 17 2011 18:16 GMT
#342
I like all of these changes. Bo5s without repeating players is a great compromise between developing new players/solid lineups, balancing out the teams, and fitting PL into OGN's broadcast schedule.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
November 17 2011 18:20 GMT
#343
On November 18 2011 03:16 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 03:10 Torenhire wrote:
On November 18 2011 03:05 StarStruck wrote:
On November 18 2011 02:18 zeehar wrote:
i love how people come up with these weird logic jumps

"a league without a winner" >>> they have a winner for the first half and then a winner for the second half. how hard is that so to comprehend? we should be thinking of the league as two distinct leagues from hereon.


It's the fact everyone wants a grand final, final. Instead of two finals in two seasons. They had to shrink it down because they only have one network now and we won't get to see as many players now. How will you let the other guys develop? There just isn't the same amount of opportunity anymore for them to excel especially once they get knocked out of the OSL.

They'll probably find themselves playing more and more SC2 more than anything else. It's a bitter pill to swallow. I understand it, but there is nothing like a grand final tying everything together rather than having two bite size seasons with three rounds each.

:/


I agree with Zeehar, it's just two seperate leagues now, not two half leagues. Maybe they can add in a Grand Finals for winner of round 1 and winner of round 2.

I prefer BO5 and less days a week, imo. Less stress on players, more time to prep for individual leagues.


They only have one individual league to prepare for now and even then that only used to effect players like JD or Flash. So I really don't see the point. There's always been a lot of time to prepare for matches. I don't buy it.


The other thing to keep in mind is that MBC is no longer around to support broadcasts in PL. Nor are they around to help support a grand finals of that size - Grand Finals were a combination of MBC and OGN support.

Also OGN and MBC were iffy on the BO7 schedule because it was causing issues with other programs and time slots etc.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
November 17 2011 18:22 GMT
#344
On November 18 2011 03:20 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2011 03:16 StarStruck wrote:
On November 18 2011 03:10 Torenhire wrote:
On November 18 2011 03:05 StarStruck wrote:
On November 18 2011 02:18 zeehar wrote:
i love how people come up with these weird logic jumps

"a league without a winner" >>> they have a winner for the first half and then a winner for the second half. how hard is that so to comprehend? we should be thinking of the league as two distinct leagues from hereon.


It's the fact everyone wants a grand final, final. Instead of two finals in two seasons. They had to shrink it down because they only have one network now and we won't get to see as many players now. How will you let the other guys develop? There just isn't the same amount of opportunity anymore for them to excel especially once they get knocked out of the OSL.

They'll probably find themselves playing more and more SC2 more than anything else. It's a bitter pill to swallow. I understand it, but there is nothing like a grand final tying everything together rather than having two bite size seasons with three rounds each.

:/


I agree with Zeehar, it's just two seperate leagues now, not two half leagues. Maybe they can add in a Grand Finals for winner of round 1 and winner of round 2.

I prefer BO5 and less days a week, imo. Less stress on players, more time to prep for individual leagues.


They only have one individual league to prepare for now and even then that only used to effect players like JD or Flash. So I really don't see the point. There's always been a lot of time to prepare for matches. I don't buy it.


The other thing to keep in mind is that MBC is no longer around to support broadcasts in PL. Nor are they around to help support a grand finals of that size - Grand Finals were a combination of MBC and OGN support.

Also OGN and MBC were iffy on the BO7 schedule because it was causing issues with other programs and time slots etc.



Well aware of that as I did touch base on that earlier and the Bo7's do run long.
Thorin
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
601 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 18:25:44
November 17 2011 18:23 GMT
#345
This is really depressing news for me. I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that a yearly Grand Final, Ace matches and Winners league where probably my favourite things about the entire Proleague.

BvJ is literally my favourite matchup in all of BW and now we're gonna be robbed of a bunch of those which would have been ace matches ;_;
potatoedoughnut
Profile Joined July 2008
United States334 Posts
November 17 2011 18:24 GMT
#346
Two "winners" and no ace match? Questionable, but all I really want is to see some good games, that that is (hopefully) inevitable regardless of format details.

Can't wait for the season to start.
Eagles may soar, but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines.
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
November 17 2011 18:26 GMT
#347
The Ace thing is fine. I mean they can still save their Ace player for game 5.

I'm not so sure about having 2 winners.
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
November 17 2011 18:28 GMT
#348
On November 18 2011 03:26 KevinIX wrote:
The Ace thing is fine. I mean they can still save their Ace player for game 5.

I'm not so sure about having 2 winners.


You wouldn't want your ace for game 5, cause the series could end on game 3.
I figure we will see most ace players play in either set 1 or 3. (Set the tempo at the start, or reset it at set 3 to a positive)
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
November 17 2011 18:30 GMT
#349
I don't like any of these changes, but right now I'm like a starving dog, I'll eat anything BW.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
November 17 2011 18:40 GMT
#350
Should be interesting to see if this new format works out for viewers, obviously the players will adapt to whatever format proleague uses.
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
November 17 2011 18:50 GMT
#351
Why take out winner leagues , I don't get It why would kespa do these to us ? . Does these mean I won't be able to see (P)Stats all kill skt1 for the third time ...
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
November 17 2011 18:56 GMT
#352
No ace matches and no winners' league and no grand finals... =[
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Weedk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States507 Posts
November 17 2011 18:59 GMT
#353
I guess WL is out cuz they didn't want Team 8 dominating...could you imagine that? "Oh you stopped Baby, ok, we'll send out JD." Other than that, I am a sad panda...at least leave the Bo7!
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
November 17 2011 19:15 GMT
#354
Actually, reading again, if their objective with the no-Ace was to deepen teams, why move it to BO5? I guess because of time. Seems like a BO7 no Ace situation would flesh out a team more than a BO5.

I still don't know why people are upset about a grand finals...they're still playing finals, I dunno...finals are a finals to me. Xx

As far as Winner's league, I think they took that out because they are trying to eliminate team "aces" winning everything? Same reason they removed Ace match, I guess they want to focus more on the team matches in PL...IDK two rounds of WL was way too much and quite boring, but I think we could have kept one round. :/

SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
November 17 2011 19:22 GMT
#355
Translation: The first season will end on April 7. After a month of break, the second season will occur from May to September.



VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
November 17 2011 19:24 GMT
#356
- I'm pretty much okay with the 2 half-season format. Thing I would like clarified: is the playoff format an end-of-year challenge with each half's winner based on regular-season record only, or a playoff that will happen at the end of each half? If the former, I'm fine with it; if the latter, kind of dumb.
- Pure Bo5: I like the idea; then again I'm a Stars fan so yeah. On the other hand, I don't know when the last time this format was used was: is this new or a super-old-school reversion?
- Playoff format: I assume if semis are 3-days and finals are 1, then the 3-day matches will probably be Bo5 and the final Bo7?
- Playoff format: "Challenge". Guessing this is standard 4 plays 3, winner plays 2, winner plays 1, right?
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
Amlitzer
Profile Joined August 2010
United States471 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 19:33:09
November 17 2011 19:30 GMT
#357
I was really excited about this upcoming season of pro league, but of course KeSPA had to rain on my parade by changing things to a BO5 format with no ace match. What is even more frustrating is that there is no longer a grand final. I can't believe they are taking out the Winner's League, so much more tension and excitement over the pro league format. Even sc2 has a winner's league format, stop dropping the ball KeSPA.
"Not even justice, I want to get truth!"
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
November 17 2011 19:32 GMT
#358
two winners ? come on ^^ why no epic bo19 end final fight xD where it depends on the skill of the manager and cook to win cause both teams out of players ^^
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
November 17 2011 19:33 GMT
#359
Oh well... at the very least..

Team 8 vs T1

Wooooooo!!! Gotta take what you can get right?
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
v0rtex
Profile Joined November 2011
123 Posts
November 17 2011 19:33 GMT
#360
Awesome ot see BW is still going strong!
Semi-PO and PO will be Best out of 3, while Finals will be only one match.


That's pretty intense with finals only being one match...
JD, Snute, TLO, Soulkey, $o$, HerO, Suppy, Hendralisk, MKP, Maru
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
Nina 121
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 456
910 59
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift778
Super Smash Bros
PPMD66
Other Games
summit1g8947
Grubby2851
shahzam540
C9.Mang0233
PiGStarcraft221
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21253
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
28m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.