• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:57
CEST 15:57
KST 22:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9353 users

[TL Subs] Hyungjoon forms a game team! - Page 29

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 40 Next All
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
February 23 2011 07:11 GMT
#561
i just watched this today and it was AWESOME.

fantastic work guys.

(ps: yes everything is obviously scripted)
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
clampOK
Profile Joined May 2010
United States17 Posts
February 24 2011 14:40 GMT
#562
Eta on episode 2 sub?

Mad <3 as always TL fansub team, you have brought us all much joy
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
February 24 2011 15:39 GMT
#563
So what is gonna hppn in Ep2 ?
Any spoiler plz?? xD
Tekken ProGamer
oskuboi
Profile Joined March 2010
Finland72 Posts
February 24 2011 16:03 GMT
#564
is this season 2 of huyngjoon becomes progamer or totally different show?
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
February 24 2011 16:34 GMT
#565
On February 25 2011 01:03 oskuboi wrote:
is this season 2 of huyngjoon becomes progamer or totally different show?

technically it's a different show since he's trying to form a proteam this time and is already a progamer
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
February 24 2011 17:16 GMT
#566
I have a question to the translation team: Which part of this process is the main reason why everything is so delayed? If the actual translation isn't the problem, I could easily settle for something less than what you made with ep 1. Just a written transcript posted here on TL with the dialogues only would be enough for me, and I could even settle without or with incomplete timings. I just want to see the show, and if you guys aren't feeling it, I think we should lower the expectations in terms of quality.

No offense intended with this post.
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
February 24 2011 20:32 GMT
#567
Everything is fine but subtitles are too fast sometimes, they come and goes without giving me a chance to read.
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
February 25 2011 11:13 GMT
#568
Haha loved it! Finaly had the time to check it out.
Of course it's all scripted but it's fun nonetheless. Funny how yellow was sweating and the contract was so random :D

Thanks guys for the translation! I had to press pause at times to catch up because there is talking and mad text going on. You guys are awesome!!
Copymizer
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark2108 Posts
February 25 2011 12:45 GMT
#569
On February 25 2011 05:32 ReiKo wrote:
Everything is fine but subtitles are too fast sometimes, they come and goes without giving me a chance to read.

Same concern here, the subtitles were just a lil bit too fast in episode 1 especiallt for a foreigner not having english as native language.
~~Yo man ! MBCGame HERO Fighting !! Holy check !
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
February 25 2011 13:00 GMT
#570
Nice, thank you!
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
FawxzTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden178 Posts
February 25 2011 16:50 GMT
#571
I'm sure they did the timing as best they could. You can't let if lag behind if they're talking fast, because then the subtibles won't have anything to do with what's going on.
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11800 Posts
February 25 2011 17:10 GMT
#572
Thank you very much, I've been waiting for the upload on YouTube, thanks!
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-25 20:41:52
February 25 2011 20:40 GMT
#573
On February 25 2011 21:45 Copymizer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:32 ReiKo wrote:
Everything is fine but subtitles are too fast sometimes, they come and goes without giving me a chance to read.

Same concern here, the subtitles were just a lil bit too fast in episode 1 especiallt for a foreigner not having english as native language.

Yes. I have similar complaints, and English is my native language. The TL sub team seemed to have this problem in previous seasons too. Please listen to these comments, whoever is doing the timing.

I know it is a TONNE of work, and I'm grateful, but if you're gonna put so much time and effort into it, you should do it right! That sounds really harsh, and I'm sorry, but I am someone who watches a lot of foreign films with a lot of talking, and TL Subs are the only group I have to actually pause the video every few seconds to read what they're saying.

There's a lot of times when it is unnecessary for the line to disappear. It goes away, there is nothing on the screen, he's still talking, and it's just confusing.

Please think about this for future releases. I was never critical in previous releases by this team, because I thought issues like this would be resolved when you guys gained more experience. The only reason I bring it up seriously now is because I want you guys to notice it is an issue, in case you are unaware. We're all super supportive because it's TL and hell yeah, who else would do this for us, but there is room for improvement.

Thanks.

PS: Maybe the people on the team are just speed readers haha. A good rule of thumb is that most people read in their head as fast as they can speak
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
PunitiveDamages
Profile Joined June 2009
United States131 Posts
February 25 2011 21:01 GMT
#574
I did a chunk of the timing on the episode, and had some nasty problems with how fast people talked, and them talking over each other.

Looking at it again, you are totally right, the subs go too fast in some places. I only had time to do a single pass of timing, and didn't go back to make sure I hadn't been cutting it too short.

If I end up working on a future release I'll probably do something to differentiate speakers visually so the subs can stay up significantly longer.
BW forever
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
February 25 2011 21:13 GMT
#575
If you want to differentiate between two people talking at the same time, colored text is usually the way to go. That way, even if there are two different lines of text onscreen at the same time, you can still tell who's who.
Liquipedia
Jomz
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom117 Posts
February 25 2011 22:32 GMT
#576
I got to say thank you guys for subbing this show. I love watching it and can't wait for episode 2. Keep up the great work
I'm so badass I can unscramble eggs.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-25 22:54:11
February 25 2011 22:53 GMT
#577
I'd rather have the lines accurately portray who's speaking and when, rather than have a huge multicolored block of text on screen for the entire duration of the back and forth conversation to help people who can't keep up. Just because you can't keep up doesn't mean that the subs have to slightly lag behind or be put in huge chunks. Then you might as well go read a script.

In fact, I think it's the correct way to do it, and the cleanest way as well. If you don't like it, then I'm sorry?

Keep in mind, they're all amateurs, and they're doing it for you guys. Cut them some slack, since not everyone has had prior experience in these matters. The squad has changed, new people have been brought aboard, give them some time to adjust.

As for the delays, it's simple. Designated person A said he was gonna do it, bailed at the last second. Designated person B brought in, helped a bit, then bailed due to personal reasons. It's hard to get stuff going when people keep bailing, and there's minimal coordination when it comes to who's doing what and when.
God Bless
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
February 26 2011 01:09 GMT
#578
On February 26 2011 06:01 PunitiveDamages wrote:
I did a chunk of the timing on the episode, and had some nasty problems with how fast people talked, and them talking over each other.

Looking at it again, you are totally right, the subs go too fast in some places. I only had time to do a single pass of timing, and didn't go back to make sure I hadn't been cutting it too short.

If I end up working on a future release I'll probably do something to differentiate speakers visually so the subs can stay up significantly longer.

Thanks. I know it is a pain in the butt to time things, and it takes a few goes to get right. Stacking what people are saying on top of one another is an option, but I don't think it is totally necessary. There are enough places where there are no subs on the screen that you can simply leave the text up in. If you are still short on time, perhaps the translation needs to be a little more concise. Still, I think you will be just fine if you use up the time where there is no text on the screen right now. I am not a fansubber myself, but perhaps it would be fruitful to ask for some pointers from well established fansubbers (I suppose, just look around the anime community).

Good luck :O I hope your internal problems get worked out and you can develop a well-coordinated team.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
February 26 2011 15:22 GMT
#579
On February 26 2011 07:53 Roffles wrote:
I'd rather have the lines accurately portray who's speaking and when, rather than have a huge multicolored block of text on screen for the entire duration of the back and forth conversation to help people who can't keep up. Just because you can't keep up doesn't mean that the subs have to slightly lag behind or be put in huge chunks. Then you might as well go read a script.

In fact, I think it's the correct way to do it, and the cleanest way as well. If you don't like it, then I'm sorry?

Keep in mind, they're all amateurs, and they're doing it for you guys. Cut them some slack, since not everyone has had prior experience in these matters. The squad has changed, new people have been brought aboard, give them some time to adjust.

As for the delays, it's simple. Designated person A said he was gonna do it, bailed at the last second. Designated person B brought in, helped a bit, then bailed due to personal reasons. It's hard to get stuff going when people keep bailing, and there's minimal coordination when it comes to who's doing what and when.


I think the way you do it now is the best. I understand who's talking and when it's a producer commentary and since we can download it anyway there's always the pause button. I rather rewind real quick then not having the extra subs at all.

The translation team is doing an awesome job. Love you guys <3
Kirb
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany900 Posts
February 26 2011 16:45 GMT
#580
On February 27 2011 00:22 Jayson X wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2011 07:53 Roffles wrote:
I'd rather have the lines accurately portray who's speaking and when, rather than have a huge multicolored block of text on screen for the entire duration of the back and forth conversation to help people who can't keep up. Just because you can't keep up doesn't mean that the subs have to slightly lag behind or be put in huge chunks. Then you might as well go read a script.

In fact, I think it's the correct way to do it, and the cleanest way as well. If you don't like it, then I'm sorry?

Keep in mind, they're all amateurs, and they're doing it for you guys. Cut them some slack, since not everyone has had prior experience in these matters. The squad has changed, new people have been brought aboard, give them some time to adjust.

As for the delays, it's simple. Designated person A said he was gonna do it, bailed at the last second. Designated person B brought in, helped a bit, then bailed due to personal reasons. It's hard to get stuff going when people keep bailing, and there's minimal coordination when it comes to who's doing what and when.


I think the way you do it now is the best. I understand who's talking and when it's a producer commentary and since we can download it anyway there's always the pause button. I rather rewind real quick then not having the extra subs at all.

The translation team is doing an awesome job. Love you guys <3


+ If u are used to reading subs (anime ftw =) ) it's not to fast at all and my English is far from good.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 828
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
CosmosSc2 40
Railgan 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52729
Shuttle 7698
FanTaSy 1780
BeSt 563
Horang2 500
EffOrt 232
Soma 150
Last 127
Sexy 116
Pusan 115
[ Show more ]
Zeus 106
Mind 92
ggaemo 85
Hyun 77
hero 73
Aegong 54
Killer 53
Snow 42
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 29
PianO 28
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
zelot 14
Rock 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3360
qojqva2003
Dendi1231
XcaliburYe270
420jenkins132
Counter-Strike
fl0m3702
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor817
Liquid`Hasu657
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt546
byalli404
Mlord393
Livibee213
Hui .175
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King63
QueenE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3574
Other Games
• WagamamaTV68
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 3m
Replay Cast
9h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.