• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:37
CEST 12:37
KST 19:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8154 users

Worst map of all time? - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
YPang
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States4024 Posts
November 24 2009 01:56 GMT
#121
Neo forbidden zone, super protoss imba, where testie goes 100-0 PvT on it.
sMi.Gladstone | BW: B high| SC2: gold T_T
Blind
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States2529 Posts
November 24 2009 01:59 GMT
#122
I remember Paradoxxx being almost impossible for zvp.
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
November 24 2009 02:00 GMT
#123
heatbreak ridge
dats racist
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
November 24 2009 02:06 GMT
#124
neo arkanoid for me, the map was ugly as hell and the games were so weird
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-24 02:53:01
November 24 2009 02:52 GMT
#125
On November 24 2009 06:30 Triple7 wrote:
Old Tornado.


Fuck, I want a link to that map. I wanna try that one out.

EDIT - What's with all the hate of Paradoxxx? the original was bad, but II was pretty cool. I'm a Z and I play that map.....
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Yogurt
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States4258 Posts
November 24 2009 05:54 GMT
#126
honestly heartbreak ridge is the only map i dont like playing on as of now
ok dont not so good something is something ok ok ok gogogo
CoOl]1st[
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States243 Posts
November 24 2009 05:59 GMT
#127
i.hate.python.
Wizard]1st[ fighting :O
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
November 24 2009 06:22 GMT
#128
On November 24 2009 05:55 789 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2009 05:43 fanatacist wrote:
On November 24 2009 05:32 789 wrote:
On November 24 2009 05:10 fanatacist wrote:
On November 24 2009 03:57 789 wrote:
Labyrinth
On battle.net listed as a "map of the week" in october of 98. These are the kind of maps we had to play on in the early days of starcraft.

Also, Cyrstallis. Whoever thought that map was a good idea should be shot. Worst part is that was a Blizzard map intended to be used as a melee map.

And a third, Crazy Critters. Good luck finding room to build on this map without killing dozens of critters. Some of blizzard's maps aren't half bad ... some of them are complete ass.

Lol Crazy Critters spawns the best FFAs ever. I had a 2 hour one once.

Crystallis is a throwback to WC2, it's a similar map and concept to one already in WC2. I had fun xD

Labyrinth is also mad fun for FFA or RW


I agree these maps can be fun to play everyonce in awhile for fun. They aren't good for any sort of regular serious play though lol. Long FFAs are always fun. I can't remember the map, but I had one 5 way FFA with friends a long time ago. It ended up lasting 4 hours and ending in a 3 way draw. Basically by a series of tech choices by everyone, running the map out of money and being unable to tech switch no one was able to attack. It ended with 2 protosses and a zerg. I ended up with a decent size group of scouts, that I made to counter carrier/battle cruiser shenanigans. The other protoss had cannons and small ground force of mostly goons. I couldn't attack him because my scouts would have been toasted. He couldn't attack me because I had too many cannons. The zerg ended up with mostly just guardians, a few mutas, and a load of spore colonies left. He couldn't attack at all, because my scouts would have eaten his army up. I couldn't attack him because of the spore colonies .. and the other protoss couldn't attack him because of the guardians. Anyway, it ended up with the last hour of the game being filled posturing and refusal to give up lol. It was pretty boring at the time, but fun to look back on.

My experience on Crazy Critters was a 5-way FFA where three players got eliminated or annoyed in the first 20 minutes. One of those players floated to the middle of the map and started turtling with turrets tanks and bunkers, once in a while trying to get to the low ground but failing. I was protoss, and the other remaining player was Zerg. We both tactically expanded where we could - he had dra lurk muta scourge guard devourer, I had scouts carriers archons zealots goons and high templar. After a long stalemate of us constantly killing each other and not gaining any ground, we both ended up pretty broke and the map was almost depleted of resources. The terran in the meantime was massing BCs with 2 vessels in the middle out of 1 Starport and eventually had 7 or 6. Him and I accidentally 2v1'd the Zerg, and he ended up getting neutralized. So now it was me, with 1 running base with low minerals, a few dragoons, 8 scouts, 3 carriers, a few archon ht and goon. I suicided my scouts to kill the last of his vessels (which were constantly EMPing) and battlecruisers. When money ran out, I had enough for dweb but not enough for corsairs. I mined the last mineral patch on the map with a shuttle and 8 probes until I got enough for a sair, with something like 20 minerals left over. My carriers all had 3-5 interceptors and no money to replace them. I used the 1 sair and 1 dweb to slowly chip away at his bunkers and tanks, storming tanks and marines as they came out. Eventually I managed to kill his turret line, dweb a group of turrets, and drop an archon and a goon on his island, and he GG'd. This was after about 40 minuets of everyone telling me I couldn't win lol.


Lol. I wish I could go back in time and starcraft be new again. It was more fun when everyone was new, it led to more crazyness.

This happened this year lol.
Peace~
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 24 2009 06:29 GMT
#129
I don't think Python is the worst map of all time - though I think its highly overrated and pretty imbalanced. Battle Royal was pretty disgustingly imbalanced, but it was moderately entertaining (when not zvz...), but a pretty much fail of a map.

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
November 24 2009 06:34 GMT
#130
On November 24 2009 15:29 Comeh wrote:
I don't think Python is the worst map of all time - though I think its highly overrated and pretty imbalanced.

Iccup stats show an almost perfectly even 50% for every matchup, a feat unmatched by any of the other dozen or so maps I've looked at stats for.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
November 24 2009 06:47 GMT
#131
Python, god i dislike that map
Issac newton was pretty bad
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
November 24 2009 06:55 GMT
#132
On November 24 2009 15:34 3clipse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2009 15:29 Comeh wrote:
I don't think Python is the worst map of all time - though I think its highly overrated and pretty imbalanced.

Iccup stats show an almost perfectly even 50% for every matchup, a feat unmatched by any of the other dozen or so maps I've looked at stats for.

Yes, but it is very Comeh imbalanced. He can hardly win on that map.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
ForTheSwarm
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States556 Posts
November 24 2009 07:33 GMT
#133
On November 24 2009 06:00 9287 wrote:
monty hall


Agreed, this map is terribly imba, ha ha. Although not quite as bad as some of the REALLY crazy ones I've seen in this thread.
Whenever I see a dropship, my asshole tingles, because it knows whats coming... - TheAntZ
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
November 24 2009 07:38 GMT
#134
Plains to Hill

without a doubt.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/maps/77_Plains_to_Hill
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
November 24 2009 07:44 GMT
#135
Longinus
GoAudio
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden400 Posts
November 24 2009 07:52 GMT
#136
LT btw all plasma haters.. It's a really good map -.-
EffOrt[fOu] & Hyvaa[S.G] <3 :D
GoAudio
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden400 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-24 07:53:39
November 24 2009 07:53 GMT
#137
On November 24 2009 11:00 MrHoon wrote:
heatbreak ridge

Heartbreak*

shizzle... dual post sry .-.
EffOrt[fOu] & Hyvaa[S.G] <3 :D
honey_badger
Profile Joined October 2009
Djibouti46 Posts
November 24 2009 07:54 GMT
#138
On November 24 2009 05:54 xDark.Carnivalx wrote:
LT is a classic, why is there so much hate towards it

As for worst map, I hate Luna the most so it gets my vote. It replaced LT as the map-that-every-fucking-person played, and it was 100x shittier and more boring than LT. Oh and it was really ugly to look at.

1000% agree
김명운 Queen Zerg
Probe.
Profile Joined May 2009
United States877 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-24 07:59:52
November 24 2009 07:58 GMT
#139
Medusa is the worst map ever. The one where you can't build in the center. I don't think I've ever seen a terran win on that map until they fixed it.

And how can anyone hate Python or Longinus? They are awesome maps. Also i think that someone said Saterchasm was bad. That map is also good.
meow
SuperKiller
Profile Joined December 2004
United States97 Posts
November 24 2009 08:01 GMT
#140
there were alot of awful maps created, some that I remember are
Plains to Hill
Vertigo
Legacy of Char
Black Vane
Ragnarok (lol)

but of all the maps i can remember, probably the map I hated playing the most was Martian Cross
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs AzuraLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings93
SHIN 44
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 245
ByuN 209
mouzHeroMarine 63
SHIN 44
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38543
Calm 10071
Rain 2995
soO 841
BeSt 612
FanTaSy 572
Bisu 473
Stork 446
Soulkey 342
Soma 312
[ Show more ]
Rush 239
firebathero 233
Barracks 116
Last 107
Pusan 69
Mind 69
Light 54
Shinee 47
Sexy 47
ToSsGirL 43
Sharp 31
Killer 30
Snow 29
Terrorterran 25
hero 23
Sacsri 22
HiyA 22
Shine 17
yabsab 17
Trap 16
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
zelot 14
Noble 6
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5843
League of Legends
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli539
x6flipin4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
gofns37469
singsing1724
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 68
• Gemini_19 2
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV329
League of Legends
• Jankos3100
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 23m
OSC
12h 23m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.