• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11642 users

Karry's Report (From Overseas with Love) - Page 15

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 All
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
November 26 2009 09:31 GMT
#281
Article's been dropped from the front page boxes already and we're not even on 30 comments. Come on TL -_-
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Zurles
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom1659 Posts
November 26 2009 09:59 GMT
#282
On November 26 2009 18:31 NeverGG wrote:
Article's been dropped from the front page boxes already and we're not even on 30 comments. Come on TL -_-


Just let it ride, chill out.
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 26 2009 10:06 GMT
#283
Awesome stuff NeverGG, don't give up
ForSC2
Profile Joined June 2009
United States580 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-26 10:26:35
November 26 2009 10:25 GMT
#284
On November 26 2009 14:31 NeverGG wrote:
Some douche wrote that I write like a middle schooler. I'd like to hope that wasn't someone from TL. I'd also like to note that this person didn't use a jot of punctuation in their post so they're clearly an idiot.

Why let a person like that get to you? It's like someone that writes "your an idiot." They think of the comeback for you, and prove it themselves.

They have no ability to handle themself with even a trace amount of maturity, not to mention write in a coherent manner.

[image loading]

You should pity these people and when seeing them feel sorry not for them, but their parents that they raised a child that could never grow up.

The next time someone writes something douchy that has no worth to anyone anywhere, just visualize this picture of January and think about all the things those people just proved to you about themselves.

And why are you here worrying about this stuff right now? Go get some tofu turkey and rice or something with people you care about.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2883#comic
scooterTech
Profile Joined October 2007
Australia44 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-26 10:36:35
November 26 2009 10:32 GMT
#285
Commented

edit: And is it just me or is the article on the front page again?
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-26 10:51:00
November 26 2009 10:41 GMT
#286
Why so insecure? Asking (begging?) TL readers to comment solely to increase comment numbers seems a bit pitiful. I don't mean to be harsh, but if your korean audience doesn't appreciate you perhaps writing for Fomos just isn't going to work out. What's the plan, anyway? Are you hoping that TL support will somehow engender more support from Koreans? Short of koreans learning english, how is that any kind of sustainable position? Getting someone to take the effort to translate your article to korean every time sort of defeats the purpose of having an english article, doesn't it? or am I completely missing the point?

edit: removing added part since you already responded, will post again.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
November 26 2009 10:49 GMT
#287
On November 26 2009 19:41 integral wrote:
Why so insecure? Asking (begging?) TL readers to comment solely to increase comment numbers seems a bit pitiful. I don't mean to be harsh, but if your korean audience doesn't appreciate you perhaps writing for Fomos just isn't going to work out. What's the plan, anyway? Are you hoping that TL support will somehow engender more support from Koreans? Short of koreans learning english, how is that any kind of sustainable position? Getting someone to take the effort to translate your article to korean every time sort of defeats the purpose of having an english article, doesn't it? or am I completely missing the point?



They're looking for a translator for the future as far as I'm aware. I know it sounds pathetic and tbh I feel ashamed having to do it, but I don't want them to see me as a failure because the Korean netizens just spend most of their time either ignoring my work or just leaving insults/complaints. I am doing this because I don't want to lose the chance to provide extra levels of coverage such as the interviews I did with Savior, Skyhigh and Effort a little while back through Fomos' arrangement.

I'm generally known for being insecure about my work in general, but I'm trying to give this a go so I'm doing anything and everything I can to try and get TL to show Fomos there is a market for English language articles and coverage directed to foreigners than TL can't always provide because they only really have a handful of us living in Seoul right now who are in a position to report (aka. myself, Artosis and Susie.) I'm hoping this will encourage the teams as well to expand their own coverage by making English sites, but when they see there are no responses from the foreign fans it won't help at all. Hence me begging -_-
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-26 10:58:31
November 26 2009 10:56 GMT
#288
I don't know what to say to that other than it's a korean based website that I wouldn't visit on a regular basis even if it had english articles. I already have more than enough content from TL, what need is this fulfilling?

My first post probably came across more dickish than I meant it, but I'm just trying to imagine TL hiring someone to post articles in Korean on TL and the reaction it would get from the posters here. Most would probably ignore it since they didn't understand it, a few would be annoyed at a korean article on an english website and post about it, and the few that could read it wouldn't necessarily comment either. The only way it would get read at all by any significant number of people is if it were translated to english every time -- which, as we've seen here on TL, is unsustainable for even the most widely appealing and simple progamer interviews, let alone lengthy articles written by this imaginary korean writer I know or care little about. Surely you can see the parallels.

I do appreciate the extras that your being a part of Fomos has given TL access to, but I really don't get this whole arrangement you have with them. Good luck.
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 26 2009 11:06 GMT
#289
On November 26 2009 19:56 integral wrote:
I don't know what to say to that other than it's a korean based website that I wouldn't visit on a regular basis even if it had english articles. I already have more than enough content from TL, what need is this fulfilling?

My first post probably came across more dickish than I meant it, but I'm just trying to imagine TL hiring someone to post articles in Korean on TL and the reaction it would get from the posters here. Most would probably ignore it since they didn't understand it, a few would be annoyed at a korean article on an english website and post about it, and the few that could read it wouldn't necessarily comment either. The only way it would get read at all by any significant number of people is if it were translated to english every time -- which, as we've seen here on TL, is unsustainable for even the most widely appealing and simple progamer interviews, let alone lengthy articles written by this imaginary korean writer I know or care little about. Surely you can see the parallels.

I do appreciate the extras that being a part of Fomos has given TL access to, but I really don't get this whole arrangement. Good luck.


I think you're missing the point and sometimes completely wrong. Korean interviews regularly get translated by a number of people here on tl whose efforts should be praised. NeverGG's articles speak for the foreigner community outside of Korea, something that they just don't get to see very often, and for once we have a voice inside the most influential esports website, I see little reason not to support it. I think you're wrong when you say there wouldn't be interest in a korean writer coming to TL, because I'm sure there would be people to read it on a regular basis and I don't see the parellels.

It's really unfortunate that she doesn't have more support in Korea, but she should be able to count on support from us.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-26 11:07:06
November 26 2009 11:06 GMT
#290
On November 26 2009 19:56 integral wrote:
I don't know what to say to that other than it's a korean based website that I wouldn't visit on a regular basis even if it had english articles. I already have more than enough content from TL, what need is this fulfilling?

My first post probably came across more dickish than I meant it, but I'm just trying to imagine TL hiring someone to post articles in Korean on TL and the reaction it would get from the posters here. Most would probably ignore it since they didn't understand it, a few would be annoyed at a korean article on an english website and post about it, and the few that could read it wouldn't necessarily comment either. The only way it would get read at all by any significant number of people is if it were translated to english every time -- which, as we've seen here on TL, is unsustainable for even the most widely appealing and simple progamer interviews, let alone lengthy articles written by this imaginary korean writer I know or care little about. Surely you can see the parallels.

I do appreciate the extras that your being a part of Fomos has given TL access to, but I really don't get this whole arrangement you have with them. Good luck.


I understand what you're saying and thank you for being polite about it, but hearing people say the work is redundant does put me off and does make me lose all my motivation. (I'm working on that tough shell image, but it's just not me.) I also understand the Korean's frustration, but it was Fomos who hired me and Fomos who chose to let me continue posting my work there. I feel kind of lost when it comes to my purpose at the site too, but the communication barrier means it's hard to discuss how the internship isn't doing that well.

-_- TBH I feel as though I might retire from it soon because I know no one is interested in the articles and I'm probably better off just working on TL things, but I am clinging to this chance because when it began I was so elated to have been given the opportunity. I now feel more like a burden to them because of my lack of Korean abilities. I didn't mean to post this much, but hearing someone flat out state that the work isn't worthwhile makes me feel this even more.

Do you feel the same way about my work at TL? I sometimes also am not sure what purpose the fan cafes hold or what point there is in making cards/presents etc. Closing down projects and cutting back would certainly save me time and money. And also the shame of feeling as though I'm contributing things people don't care about/like. I don't feel this is true of my photos or articles, but some of the other projects seem frivolous even if they're enjoyable to me at times.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 26 2009 11:11 GMT
#291
On November 26 2009 20:06 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2009 19:56 integral wrote:
I don't know what to say to that other than it's a korean based website that I wouldn't visit on a regular basis even if it had english articles. I already have more than enough content from TL, what need is this fulfilling?

My first post probably came across more dickish than I meant it, but I'm just trying to imagine TL hiring someone to post articles in Korean on TL and the reaction it would get from the posters here. Most would probably ignore it since they didn't understand it, a few would be annoyed at a korean article on an english website and post about it, and the few that could read it wouldn't necessarily comment either. The only way it would get read at all by any significant number of people is if it were translated to english every time -- which, as we've seen here on TL, is unsustainable for even the most widely appealing and simple progamer interviews, let alone lengthy articles written by this imaginary korean writer I know or care little about. Surely you can see the parallels.

I do appreciate the extras that your being a part of Fomos has given TL access to, but I really don't get this whole arrangement you have with them. Good luck.


I understand what you're saying and thank you for being polite about it, but hearing people say the work is redundant does put me off and does make me lose all my motivation. I also understand the Korean's frustration, but it was Fomos who hired me and Fomos who chose to let me continue posting my work there. I feel kind of lost when it comes to my purpose at the site too, but the communication barrier means it's hard to discuss how the internship isn't doing that well.

-_- TBH I feel as though I might retire from it soon because I know no one is interested in the articles and I'm probably better off just working on TL things, but I am clinging to this chance because when it began I was so elated to have been given the opportunity. I now feel more like a burden to them because of my lack of Korean abilities. I didn't mean to post this much, but hearing someone flat out state that the work isn't worthwhile makes me feel this even more.

Do you feel the same way about my work at TL? I sometimes also am not sure what purpose the fan cafes hold or what point there is in making cards/presents etc. Closing down projects and cutting back would certainly save me time and money. And also the shame of feeling as though I'm contributing things people don't care about/like. I don't feel this is true of my photos or articles, but some of the other projects seem frivolous even if they're enjoyable to me at times.


Don't retire from it... there's always going to be people who don't appreciate what you do here, but really its something that the site would really miss. People like you are the reason this site is so awesome.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
November 26 2009 11:14 GMT
#292
On November 26 2009 20:11 meeple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2009 20:06 NeverGG wrote:
On November 26 2009 19:56 integral wrote:
I don't know what to say to that other than it's a korean based website that I wouldn't visit on a regular basis even if it had english articles. I already have more than enough content from TL, what need is this fulfilling?

My first post probably came across more dickish than I meant it, but I'm just trying to imagine TL hiring someone to post articles in Korean on TL and the reaction it would get from the posters here. Most would probably ignore it since they didn't understand it, a few would be annoyed at a korean article on an english website and post about it, and the few that could read it wouldn't necessarily comment either. The only way it would get read at all by any significant number of people is if it were translated to english every time -- which, as we've seen here on TL, is unsustainable for even the most widely appealing and simple progamer interviews, let alone lengthy articles written by this imaginary korean writer I know or care little about. Surely you can see the parallels.

I do appreciate the extras that your being a part of Fomos has given TL access to, but I really don't get this whole arrangement you have with them. Good luck.


I understand what you're saying and thank you for being polite about it, but hearing people say the work is redundant does put me off and does make me lose all my motivation. I also understand the Korean's frustration, but it was Fomos who hired me and Fomos who chose to let me continue posting my work there. I feel kind of lost when it comes to my purpose at the site too, but the communication barrier means it's hard to discuss how the internship isn't doing that well.

-_- TBH I feel as though I might retire from it soon because I know no one is interested in the articles and I'm probably better off just working on TL things, but I am clinging to this chance because when it began I was so elated to have been given the opportunity. I now feel more like a burden to them because of my lack of Korean abilities. I didn't mean to post this much, but hearing someone flat out state that the work isn't worthwhile makes me feel this even more.

Do you feel the same way about my work at TL? I sometimes also am not sure what purpose the fan cafes hold or what point there is in making cards/presents etc. Closing down projects and cutting back would certainly save me time and money. And also the shame of feeling as though I'm contributing things people don't care about/like. I don't feel this is true of my photos or articles, but some of the other projects seem frivolous even if they're enjoyable to me at times.


Don't retire from it... there's always going to be people who don't appreciate what you do here, but really its something that the site would really miss. People like you are the reason this site is so awesome.


I'm not planning to retire entirely, not this year anyway. However, I do need to decide where this internship is going (if anywhere.) and find out if they actually still want me around. I'm hoping to still have a decent relationship with everyone even if I don't work directly for Fomos all the time.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 26 2009 11:16 GMT
#293
On November 26 2009 20:14 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2009 20:11 meeple wrote:
On November 26 2009 20:06 NeverGG wrote:
On November 26 2009 19:56 integral wrote:
I don't know what to say to that other than it's a korean based website that I wouldn't visit on a regular basis even if it had english articles. I already have more than enough content from TL, what need is this fulfilling?

My first post probably came across more dickish than I meant it, but I'm just trying to imagine TL hiring someone to post articles in Korean on TL and the reaction it would get from the posters here. Most would probably ignore it since they didn't understand it, a few would be annoyed at a korean article on an english website and post about it, and the few that could read it wouldn't necessarily comment either. The only way it would get read at all by any significant number of people is if it were translated to english every time -- which, as we've seen here on TL, is unsustainable for even the most widely appealing and simple progamer interviews, let alone lengthy articles written by this imaginary korean writer I know or care little about. Surely you can see the parallels.

I do appreciate the extras that your being a part of Fomos has given TL access to, but I really don't get this whole arrangement you have with them. Good luck.


I understand what you're saying and thank you for being polite about it, but hearing people say the work is redundant does put me off and does make me lose all my motivation. I also understand the Korean's frustration, but it was Fomos who hired me and Fomos who chose to let me continue posting my work there. I feel kind of lost when it comes to my purpose at the site too, but the communication barrier means it's hard to discuss how the internship isn't doing that well.

-_- TBH I feel as though I might retire from it soon because I know no one is interested in the articles and I'm probably better off just working on TL things, but I am clinging to this chance because when it began I was so elated to have been given the opportunity. I now feel more like a burden to them because of my lack of Korean abilities. I didn't mean to post this much, but hearing someone flat out state that the work isn't worthwhile makes me feel this even more.

Do you feel the same way about my work at TL? I sometimes also am not sure what purpose the fan cafes hold or what point there is in making cards/presents etc. Closing down projects and cutting back would certainly save me time and money. And also the shame of feeling as though I'm contributing things people don't care about/like. I don't feel this is true of my photos or articles, but some of the other projects seem frivolous even if they're enjoyable to me at times.


Don't retire from it... there's always going to be people who don't appreciate what you do here, but really its something that the site would really miss. People like you are the reason this site is so awesome.


I'm not planning to retire entirely, not this year anyway. However, I do need to decide where this internship is going (if anywhere.) and find out if they actually still want me around. I'm hoping to still have a decent relationship with everyone even if I don't work directly for Fomos all the time.


Has Fomos ever had a English journalist writing for their site before?
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
November 26 2009 11:18 GMT
#294
Well in one sense the entire ESPORTS scene is a bit frivolous, but in another it's really fucking awesome. I didn't mean to burst your bubble about the whole thing, lol, I just didn't understand why you were trying so hard to overcome the language barrier like that. I can't even imagine what it'd be like to be living in a foreign country in the first place, though, so that's probably just me.

Stuff like the backho get well soon card and the jaedong fighting card, I'm not sure how much that did for TL (letting people express their fandom is always cool tho), but I'm sure it made BackHo and Jaedong feel really fucking awesome. I bet they had no idea how much foreigners really appreciate their play -- well, jaedong's play anyway. I always read your articles and see all your pictures even though I don't always post, so it's not like I harbor any ill will toward you or think what you're doing is useless, I was really just confused by this one project and your astonishingly insecure approach to, well, looks like everything.

If it makes you happy, keep doing it. Don't make your happiness dependent on others' appreciation.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
November 26 2009 11:25 GMT
#295
On November 26 2009 20:16 meeple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2009 20:14 NeverGG wrote:
On November 26 2009 20:11 meeple wrote:
On November 26 2009 20:06 NeverGG wrote:
On November 26 2009 19:56 integral wrote:
I don't know what to say to that other than it's a korean based website that I wouldn't visit on a regular basis even if it had english articles. I already have more than enough content from TL, what need is this fulfilling?

My first post probably came across more dickish than I meant it, but I'm just trying to imagine TL hiring someone to post articles in Korean on TL and the reaction it would get from the posters here. Most would probably ignore it since they didn't understand it, a few would be annoyed at a korean article on an english website and post about it, and the few that could read it wouldn't necessarily comment either. The only way it would get read at all by any significant number of people is if it were translated to english every time -- which, as we've seen here on TL, is unsustainable for even the most widely appealing and simple progamer interviews, let alone lengthy articles written by this imaginary korean writer I know or care little about. Surely you can see the parallels.

I do appreciate the extras that your being a part of Fomos has given TL access to, but I really don't get this whole arrangement you have with them. Good luck.


I understand what you're saying and thank you for being polite about it, but hearing people say the work is redundant does put me off and does make me lose all my motivation. I also understand the Korean's frustration, but it was Fomos who hired me and Fomos who chose to let me continue posting my work there. I feel kind of lost when it comes to my purpose at the site too, but the communication barrier means it's hard to discuss how the internship isn't doing that well.

-_- TBH I feel as though I might retire from it soon because I know no one is interested in the articles and I'm probably better off just working on TL things, but I am clinging to this chance because when it began I was so elated to have been given the opportunity. I now feel more like a burden to them because of my lack of Korean abilities. I didn't mean to post this much, but hearing someone flat out state that the work isn't worthwhile makes me feel this even more.

Do you feel the same way about my work at TL? I sometimes also am not sure what purpose the fan cafes hold or what point there is in making cards/presents etc. Closing down projects and cutting back would certainly save me time and money. And also the shame of feeling as though I'm contributing things people don't care about/like. I don't feel this is true of my photos or articles, but some of the other projects seem frivolous even if they're enjoyable to me at times.


Don't retire from it... there's always going to be people who don't appreciate what you do here, but really its something that the site would really miss. People like you are the reason this site is so awesome.


I'm not planning to retire entirely, not this year anyway. However, I do need to decide where this internship is going (if anywhere.) and find out if they actually still want me around. I'm hoping to still have a decent relationship with everyone even if I don't work directly for Fomos all the time.


Has Fomos ever had a English journalist writing for their site before?


No, as far as I'm aware it's the first time. All their staff speak about as much English as I do Korean. Which is basic and it's often very hard for us to communicate specific things or feelings.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 26 2009 11:30 GMT
#296
On November 26 2009 20:25 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2009 20:16 meeple wrote:
On November 26 2009 20:14 NeverGG wrote:
On November 26 2009 20:11 meeple wrote:
On November 26 2009 20:06 NeverGG wrote:
On November 26 2009 19:56 integral wrote:
I don't know what to say to that other than it's a korean based website that I wouldn't visit on a regular basis even if it had english articles. I already have more than enough content from TL, what need is this fulfilling?

My first post probably came across more dickish than I meant it, but I'm just trying to imagine TL hiring someone to post articles in Korean on TL and the reaction it would get from the posters here. Most would probably ignore it since they didn't understand it, a few would be annoyed at a korean article on an english website and post about it, and the few that could read it wouldn't necessarily comment either. The only way it would get read at all by any significant number of people is if it were translated to english every time -- which, as we've seen here on TL, is unsustainable for even the most widely appealing and simple progamer interviews, let alone lengthy articles written by this imaginary korean writer I know or care little about. Surely you can see the parallels.

I do appreciate the extras that your being a part of Fomos has given TL access to, but I really don't get this whole arrangement you have with them. Good luck.


I understand what you're saying and thank you for being polite about it, but hearing people say the work is redundant does put me off and does make me lose all my motivation. I also understand the Korean's frustration, but it was Fomos who hired me and Fomos who chose to let me continue posting my work there. I feel kind of lost when it comes to my purpose at the site too, but the communication barrier means it's hard to discuss how the internship isn't doing that well.

-_- TBH I feel as though I might retire from it soon because I know no one is interested in the articles and I'm probably better off just working on TL things, but I am clinging to this chance because when it began I was so elated to have been given the opportunity. I now feel more like a burden to them because of my lack of Korean abilities. I didn't mean to post this much, but hearing someone flat out state that the work isn't worthwhile makes me feel this even more.

Do you feel the same way about my work at TL? I sometimes also am not sure what purpose the fan cafes hold or what point there is in making cards/presents etc. Closing down projects and cutting back would certainly save me time and money. And also the shame of feeling as though I'm contributing things people don't care about/like. I don't feel this is true of my photos or articles, but some of the other projects seem frivolous even if they're enjoyable to me at times.


Don't retire from it... there's always going to be people who don't appreciate what you do here, but really its something that the site would really miss. People like you are the reason this site is so awesome.


I'm not planning to retire entirely, not this year anyway. However, I do need to decide where this internship is going (if anywhere.) and find out if they actually still want me around. I'm hoping to still have a decent relationship with everyone even if I don't work directly for Fomos all the time.


Has Fomos ever had a English journalist writing for their site before?


No, as far as I'm aware it's the first time. All their staff speak about as much English as I do Korean. Which is basic and it's often very hard for us to communicate specific things or feelings.


Thats unfortunate, have you thought about getting someone to translate for you so you can have a real conversation about this?
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
November 28 2009 20:22 GMT
#297
[image loading]
[image loading]


sort of.
Prev 1 13 14 15 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1145
TKL 458
IndyStarCraft 279
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1145
TKL 458
IndyStarCraft 279
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23095
Calm 2264
Shuttle 344
Mini 174
White-Ra 174
ZZZero.O 126
firebathero 75
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7765
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1723
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4180
Liquid`Hasu572
MindelVK19
Other Games
summit1g6612
Liquid`RaSZi2343
FrodaN1650
fl0m1562
olofmeister738
B2W.Neo721
crisheroes417
Beastyqt393
Livibee180
Pyrionflax161
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick876
BasetradeTV220
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 34
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• blackmanpl 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1439
• Shiphtur728
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 6m
Replay Cast
3h 6m
OSC
16h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.