You may remember the Stratagus engine which is used to run WarCraft on smartphones. The same engine is used to run StarCraft now.
It may be not the original game, but it is still playable. Or at least suitable not only for VODs, but for replays also.
Unfortulately the game is not playable yet (only terrans can be displayed properly), but developers promises to finish their job in the nearest future.
OS: WM 6.0; 6.1; 6.5
Resolution: 640х480, 800х480 (QVGA/WQVGA is not supported!)
RAM: more than 64 Mb
CPU: 520 mhz*
*I have Portege G910 with 400 mhz Qualcomm CPU, and it's quite workable o.O
The main developer himself has Toshiba Portege G900. This means, if you have the same cell phone, you'll get less bugs than others
By the time the following smartphones succeeded the test:
Toshiba G900, Toshiba G910, HTC HD, HTC MAX, Qtek 9000 (128mb RAM), Samsung i900 (with virtual VGA installed).
* Extract the archive to /Storage Card/ (if your flash disk is another, use the patch)
* Run Launcher.exe
* If you have some problems, try to run StarCraft/characters/load.exe
* If VGA is not working, rewrite your files in game directory with these ones
* If CGA is not working, try to edit /StarCraft/characters/sc/preferences.lua. The string VideoWidth should be 640. After the modifications done, run Launcher.
* If you have problems with missing files, edit path.ini. You should have correct path to load.exe
LINKS (~23 mb):