• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:59
CEST 02:59
KST 09:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9695 users

Liquipedia Feedback Thread - Page 13

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 87 Next
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
July 26 2010 22:34 GMT
#241
Every strategy or build order article needs to have a time stamp on it to show whether it is recent or out-dated.
Marines > everything
kennfusion
Profile Joined August 2010
2 Posts
August 02 2010 20:19 GMT
#242
Could you please make an even Noob-ier thread in the strategy section? I am doing fine in the solo campaign, but when I try to play 1v1 vs the computer I must be doing something totally wrong.

Like I was trying to follow the Reactor Hellion Expand build since it was Noob friendly, but then I cannot even figure out what the numbers next to the build items mean.

10 Supply Depot
12 Barracks

Does that mean build 9 SCV's first? Which cannot be, because you would need the new supply depot first.

So maybe a guide that says: Start Here You Total Noob

thanks!
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
August 02 2010 20:22 GMT
#243
Its something worth discussing and I'm just gonna answer your question here:
10 Supply Depot means you buy it at 10 supply. You can see your supply in the top right corner of the game should say something like 6/11 (iirc) at the beginning of the game.
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
kennfusion
Profile Joined August 2010
2 Posts
August 03 2010 00:42 GMT
#244
@julmust

ok...see I get that now, and was totally lost on that and tried to even read the instructions on how to create the guides and it was lost.

But it makes sense with what you just said and makes those build orders totally look different now in my eyes. They make much more sense.

So FYI, I read an article on a mainstream site that lead me here...so I will not be the only clueless person here. We just need a good primer, and it will all fall into place.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 03 2010 04:28 GMT
#245
On August 03 2010 05:19 kennfusion wrote:
Could you please make an even Noob-ier thread in the strategy section? I am doing fine in the solo campaign, but when I try to play 1v1 vs the computer I must be doing something totally wrong.

Like I was trying to follow the Reactor Hellion Expand build since it was Noob friendly, but then I cannot even figure out what the numbers next to the build items mean.

10 Supply Depot
12 Barracks

Does that mean build 9 SCV's first? Which cannot be, because you would need the new supply depot first.

So maybe a guide that says: Start Here You Total Noob

thanks!

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Strategy_Article_Policy#Builds
Most of the time people won't put the max supply, only the supply when you start building the unit/structure.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
August 03 2010 14:05 GMT
#246
Someone also made this page too to help out: (Wiki)How To: Read Build Orders
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
August 03 2010 14:18 GMT
#247
Yeah that's far better at explaining BO structure than the policy article.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Erik383
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6 Posts
August 08 2010 02:04 GMT
#248
The Zergling page (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/index.php?title=Zergling&stable=1) states that lings aren't very usefull early game vs toss but I often see speedlings in ZvT to defend a fast expansion (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Speedling_Expand).
Eggcake
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland722 Posts
August 08 2010 19:45 GMT
#249
I would love to see some sort of overall unit comparison (especially HP/Shield/Damage/Range etc.). Something similar to the actual Buildingstab of the different factions.
Shankapotamus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States428 Posts
August 09 2010 02:12 GMT
#250
i think there should be a section on how to use force fields properly.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
August 10 2010 04:08 GMT
#251
Accidently double sent a message by pressing refresh on my PM page TT
since 98'
aletoledo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1 Post
August 10 2010 17:49 GMT
#252
Wow, Liquipedia for sc2 is amazing! I had to register to thank everyone for the contributions to this amazing resource.
Fiel
Profile Joined March 2010
United States587 Posts
August 15 2010 19:51 GMT
#253
Here are some other features I'd like to see:

- Inclusion of challenge missions into the campaign section
- Use a separate page for all spells, then use bracket includes to include them everywhere that they're needed. Right now, if you want to edit a spell you have to edit about 10 different places to keep things accurate. I'd be happy to make this change so everything stays consistent.
- For spells/abilities, include their hotkey with it (or is that already included?)
- Standardize ALL times to be game seconds and enforce this within articles. Calculating DPS is difficult when no standard is used (especially problematic for the Void Ray article)

Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
August 15 2010 20:13 GMT
#254
On August 16 2010 04:51 Fiel wrote:
Here are some other features I'd like to see:

- Inclusion of challenge missions into the campaign section
- Use a separate page for all spells, then use bracket includes to include them everywhere that they're needed. Right now, if you want to edit a spell you have to edit about 10 different places to keep things accurate. I'd be happy to make this change so everything stays consistent.
- For spells/abilities, include their hotkey with it (or is that already included?)
- Standardize ALL times to be game seconds and enforce this within articles. Calculating DPS is difficult when no standard is used (especially problematic for the Void Ray article)


1) and 2) are very nice propositions, we just need the manpower, i.e. someone to do it. I think hotkeys are included in most cases. About the game seconds, we are technically enforcing it and should probably be a bit more strict.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Spaceninja
Profile Joined April 2010
United States211 Posts
August 16 2010 18:19 GMT
#255
Is there a list of forum icons and such? I know what the star and the red hammer mean but I have no idea what anything else means, besides that they contribute a lot. I couldn't find anything regarding this in the liquipedia.
Haters Gonna Hate.
quasit
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden49 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 00:28:13
August 23 2010 23:36 GMT
#256
On August 16 2010 04:51 Fiel wrote:
Use a separate page for all spells, then use bracket includes to include them everywhere that they're needed. Right now, if you want to edit a spell you have to edit about 10 different places to keep things accurate.


I've fixed this.

Abilities are under http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/SCAbility/
Spells are under http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/SCSpell/
Upgrades are under http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/SCUpgrade/

If you wanna list the pages added under e.g. "SCAbility" go to http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Special:PrefixIndex and type "SCAbility".

A few things though. I haven't checked the actual abilities/spells/upgrades for errors (like if "duration" is correct), I just used the existing data on LP.
As someone else did the protoss spells they are actually mixed with abilities under SCAbility, and I can only move pages I've created it seems. So some admin has to move the protoss spells to SCSpell.

"then use bracket includes to include them everywhere that they're needed"
Well, I haven't fixed THAT yet. That's gonna take some time.


Btw, it's quite annoying I only can move/rename my own pages. It makes it harder to fix things. As everything must be checked by admins first before it becomes stable why would it matter if people could suggest to move pages? Only other option is to make a new page and delete the text on the old one, but you said in IRC you don't like that.
Owoc
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland2 Posts
August 26 2010 19:02 GMT
#257
Any chance support could be added for SVG images? The wiki uses several png icons which would be better off as svg, such as the race icons which are almost always shown scaled down. Making vector-based versions would also be a good opportunity to update the icons to how they look in Starcraft 2 as opposed to Starcraft 1.

Creating the actual vector images wouldn't be a problem, but I don't know how much work it would take for the staff to actually enable SVG support. The MediaWiki manual says it varies (link).
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
August 27 2010 08:48 GMT
#258
On August 17 2010 03:19 Spaceninja wrote:
Is there a list of forum icons and such? I know what the star and the red hammer mean but I have no idea what anything else means, besides that they contribute a lot. I couldn't find anything regarding this in the liquipedia.
I don't think there is anything about staff icons in the Wiki, but here is some info:
http://www.teamliquid.net/about/
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
August 30 2010 22:26 GMT
#259
Can some experience 2v2 players improve the 2v2 strategy page?
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/General_2v2_strategy

There is a huge emphasis on 1v1 strategy on TL but 2v2 seems neglected.
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
August 31 2010 00:02 GMT
#260
Do the editors pay attention to Liquipedia I anymore? There's over 30 changed pages that have yet to be approved (or rejected). Seeing changes that have lingered for ages without being approved might discourage to potential contributors.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings82
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O160
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 187
ProTech41
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1063
ZZZero.O 160
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4069
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
Other Games
summit1g10621
C9.Mang0266
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1120
BasetradeTV46
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP125
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 1m
Replay Cast
22h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.