• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:42
CEST 10:42
KST 17:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9468 users

[WoW] Teamliquid NA Guild

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-28 20:59:12
March 24 2012 06:26 GMT
#1
I've been given the go-ahead from GM/Plexa/Heyoka to create this thread. With the new scroll of resurrection and the recent release of Mists of Pandaria beta starting, me and several friends decided to come back to the game. I noticed that several people in the WoW:Cataclysm thread were looking for places to play together, so I've decided to take some initiative and create a new WoW guild for TL members to come and enjoy.

This OP will be edited frequently, as more information is discussed. Additionally, feel free to ask or discuss anything in this thread.

While the guild name is still up in the air, I've temporarily created a horde guild named <imba> on Lightning's Blade (US-PVP) until we become more established. We'll be starting fresh from level 1 on Sunday, March 25th. I'm hoping the guild can appeal to everyone, PvE and PvP players, questers, achievement whores, and everyone in-between. There are no requirements to join, and everyone from TL is invited.

Initially, I'm hoping we can gather a fair sized group of players to do dungeons and battlegrounds as we level, eventually leading up to rated battlegrounds, arenas, and raids. In the future, we can use this thread to discuss raid time / schedules, but obviously that is getting a little ahead of ourselves. Organizational roles such as officers or bank managers will be discussed in the near future.

My hopes are to build up a stable guild for Mists of Pandaria, the upcoming expansion. Obviously the pre-expansion lull is here with no further content being released but we can take this time to organize ourselves and create a new TL based WoW guild (hopefully with more success!).

About my WoW experience:
+ Show Spoiler +
I have a fairly extensive WoW history, having played from beta to early Cataclysm. I GMed and was raid leader for a PvE guild named "Aftermath". In Vanilla, we cleared all content including Naxx40 (Kel'thuzad), in TBC we cleared Kil'jaeden, and in WotLK we killed heroic LK / Ruby Sanctum. Typically bouncing between 20th - 80th US in progression.

I've also been Gladiator on Rogue, Holy Paladin, and Mage. Also had Rank 1 Season 6.


The basic TLDR Info
New Guild starting with level 1 characters on Sunday, March 25th.
Server: Lightning's Blade (US-PvP)
Guild: IMBA*
Faction: Horde
Mumble(Voice): 76.74.238.52 port 2412
Contact Info: "Masq" on TL, or "MasqIPY" on AIM, or ask anyone in IMBA.

---

FAQ / PMed Questions
+ Show Spoiler +
Q: What is a scroll of resurrection and how do I get one?
A: The scroll of resurrection FAQ can be seen here (http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/scroll-of-resurrection-faq). It's a free 7 day trial, and an account upgrade to the Cataclysm expansion. You also get a free level 80 or a free faction+server transfer. You can get one by asking in this thread.

Q: Hey Masq I saw your post about a new WoW guild and I am very interested. Are we allowed to start a new toon today? Thanks!
A: Although we won't be offically starting until Sunday, you can start whenever you like. Just /who IMBA and ask for a guild invite.

Q: Since you're all starting from level 1, am I allowed to transfer over a high level character?
A: Of course

Q: No one is online to invite, what should I do?
A: You can either send a request to join (using guild finder) or try again another time.

Q: Do you guys use any voice program like Ventrilo or Skype to communicate?
A: Yes, we have a mumble our members can use to play WoW, SC2, LoL, Minecraft, or just to chat. You can download mumble at (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/latest/download). Our server info is: 76.74.238.52 port 2412





NEED SCROLLS
+ Show Spoiler +
IF YOU NEED A SCROLL OF RES, PM ME WITH YOUR EMAIL!


Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 07:02:33
March 24 2012 06:58 GMT
#2
Hey Masq can we start our new toons right now? I promise I will not get too far! I just want to mess around a bit as I have not played WoW for a long time.

Thanks for setting this up, always fun to play with fellow TLers. Starting fresh from lvl 1 is a good way to start a new guild, smart move.

edit:

we can bring over our higher level toons? but wouldnt that defeat the idea of everyone starting at lvl 1? I got a 85 and many other 50-60 lvl toons with lots of gold and stuff, but i think it would be more fun to start from nothing like when I first played WoW. More challenging imo.
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
March 24 2012 07:04 GMT
#3
On March 24 2012 15:58 Golgotha wrote:
Hey Masq can we start our new toons right now? I promise I will not get too far! I just want to mess around a bit as I have not played WoW for a long time.

Thanks for setting this up, always fun to play with fellow TLers. Starting fresh from lvl 1 is a good way to start a new guild, smart move.

edit:

we can bring over our higher level toons? but wouldnt that defeat the idea of everyone starting at lvl 1?


Hey Golgotha,

You can start ahead of everyone if you want, but obviously you're going to miss out on the social aspect of everything due to being ahead of the curve. People CAN bring over higher level toons if they wish, but again, you're going to be missing out on the social aspect of playing with everyone and leveling up together.

I would suggest starting at 1, but for those that absolutely hate leveling, transferring is an option as well.

Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 07:19:34
March 24 2012 07:14 GMT
#4
Why lightnings blade? The top guild isnt even that good. Also I believe Nurfed left that server, however I forget the reason.
High Risk Low Reward
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
March 24 2012 07:22 GMT
#5
On March 24 2012 16:14 Spicy_Curry wrote:
Why lightnings blade? The top guild isnt even that good. Also I believe Nurfed left that server, however I forget the reason.


I chose lightning's blade specifically because I played here in the past. The community is average, the economy is average, and there are never queue times. I also have extra gold I can spread around for new players to help with bags and such. The top guild not being that good is a good thing, easier realm firsts
And regarding Nurfed, I don't remember why they left either, but I PvPed with several of them.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
March 24 2012 07:30 GMT
#6
haha you make a good point. I sent a request to Imba, I'll be messing around a bit online.
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
March 24 2012 23:03 GMT
#7
Updated with mumble information. Mumble IP: 76.74.238.52 port 2412

We have about 10 players currently. Hoping to gather some more players for tomorrow. So if you're interested, feel free to come at chat with us.
Haato
Profile Joined March 2011
Mexico81 Posts
March 25 2012 16:56 GMT
#8
Can we ask for resses in this thread if we plan on reactivating to join this guild?
death is easy, comedy is hard
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
March 25 2012 17:12 GMT
#9
can someone res me on EU ?
AskJoshy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1625 Posts
March 25 2012 20:09 GMT
#10
Why not name the guild Team Liquid like we did for Cataclysm? =o
Heroes, Hearthstone, and SC2 videos: http://www.youtube.com/AskJoshy
LunaSaint
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom620 Posts
March 25 2012 20:28 GMT
#11
Boo, wish I wasn't EU server. ):
KayBee
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden156 Posts
March 25 2012 20:59 GMT
#12
On March 26 2012 05:28 LunaSaint wrote:
Boo, wish I wasn't EU server. ):


Amen to that .. I would love to start over again with a few others. : /
#2GDStudio
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
March 25 2012 21:03 GMT
#13
On March 26 2012 05:09 JoshSuth wrote:
Why not name the guild Team Liquid like we did for Cataclysm? =o


I assumed TL wouldn't like the guild named after them. As I said before the name IMBA is just a temporary name and I have no problem changing it if thats what people prefer.
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
March 25 2012 21:04 GMT
#14
On March 26 2012 01:56 Haato wrote:
Can we ask for resses in this thread if we plan on reactivating to join this guild?


yes, send me a PM with your email and I can throw a res your way.
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-26 00:49:14
March 25 2012 21:58 GMT
#15
I'd be interested in this. I seem to be having some issues logging onto the Mumble server, though.

Nevermind, fixed.
Writer
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
March 26 2012 04:22 GMT
#16
If only I had the time (and energy) to play again, I would totally do this.
alesse
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
14 Posts
March 26 2012 04:36 GMT
#17
Hey Masq. I'm just curious, was it Aftermath of Mal'ganis? What was your name?
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
March 26 2012 04:40 GMT
#18
On March 26 2012 13:36 alesse wrote:
Hey Masq. I'm just curious, was it Aftermath of Mal'ganis? What was your name?


aftermath on lightning's blade, my name was "masquerader"
consumption
Profile Joined July 2010
United States24 Posts
March 26 2012 04:40 GMT
#19
Yo Masq this is gonna be freaking sweet I cant wait to join xD
I like cake
emji
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada82 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-26 06:27:10
March 26 2012 06:26 GMT
#20
I wouldn't mind getting in on this untill GW2 drops.

Who can send me a res? ^^
1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 192
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1126
Bisu 593
hero 158
HiyA 121
Shine 46
Mong 36
sorry 26
NotJumperer 25
Soma 22
Bale 21
[ Show more ]
Killer 18
EffOrt 16
ZerO 13
Sharp 12
Terrorterran 10
Noble 9
League of Legends
JimRising 494
Counter-Strike
ceh9533
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft763
crisheroes547
Other Games
olofmeister1009
singsing490
PiGStarcraft330
Livibee247
ArmadaUGS55
Pyrionflax29
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream569
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH329
• LUISG 22
• StrangeGG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2390
League of Legends
• Rush1186
• Jankos1068
• Lourlo1024
• Stunt447
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
1h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
15h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 2h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.