• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:05
CEST 12:05
KST 19:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9254 users

[G] Leenock's ZvP All-In: 10 Roach Rush

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-09 22:18:08
March 01 2012 22:25 GMT
#1
[G] Leenock's ZvP All-In: 10 Roach Rush

[image loading]

By Tang

Hello Teamliquid and welcome to my newest guide on ZvP!

As the title implies, I'm going to analyze the Korean Pro Leenock and his very aggressive 10 Roach Rush designed to kill FFE or Nexus-first protoss openings before the 8minute mark. You might remember Leenock using this style to defeat Naniwa in the finals of MLG Providence (if not, I'll provide links below). At the time, there was a lot of buzz surrounding the victory – Leenock was considered the underdog, and there were more than a few discussions on TL and on Reddit about how successful Leenock's early pressure was at exploiting Naniwa's FFE. The hype has died down a bit, but I think enough time has passed to revisit this build!

Many zerg players struggle and struggle playing a macro style against greedy protoss players who open nexus-first or forge fast-expand. This build is partly designed to keep protoss players "honest". The basic idea is to fake an expansion, get ling speed to deny scouting, and cancel the hatchery to execute an all-in Roach/Ling timing attack before Stargates or Warpgate tech finish:

10Roach and 20 Speedlings arrive at opponent's base at 7:20.

Before the start of season 6, I spent about a week practicing new styles of ZvP and I was surprised at how successful this build can be. It's very strong, hard to scout, and even harder to stop. It's not invincible by any means, and it's certainly not a "be all end all" to ZvP, but it is an effective all-in to incorporate in your set of ladder or tournament builds and I encourage all you Zerg players to experiment with it!

Reddit Link:

+ Show Spoiler +
Leenock's 10 Roach Rush - Please Upvote!


Stream Tutorial:

+ Show Spoiler +
Here is a stream tutorial analyzing the build order and execution with replay analysis:
http://www.twitch.tv/tangsc/b/310278958

NOTE: Due to technical difficulties, the stream video went blank between 7:00 and 20:15. Two of the replay analysis have been restreamed here (sorry for the inconvenience!):
http://www.twitch.tv/tangsc/b/310280534


Replays:

+ Show Spoiler +
Here is game one of Leenock vs Naniwa:


Tang vs CombatEX
http://drop.sc/122652/d

Tang vs ZsaKdosFroDo
http://drop.sc/122651/d

Tang vs SGYuvalShot
http://drop.sc/122650/d

Tang vs Chimpera
http://drop.sc/122649/d

Tang vs CCDP
http://drop.sc/122648/d

Tang vs FieryTycoon
http://drop.sc/122647/d

Tang vs aiRacilla
http://drop.sc/122646/d


Sample Game Overview:

+ Show Spoiler +
1)Open 14Gas, 14Pool, 15Overlord
[image loading]

2) At 100Gas, remove 2 drones from geyser (Continue mining gas with one)
[image loading]

3) Start a queen, 6 zerglings, and zergling speed
[image loading]

4) When lings finish, use them to chase away probe. When probe is off creep, refill your gas (Don't forget, or you end up with less roaches)
[image loading]

5) Take your expansion by the 4minute mark. Use lings to deny scouting of your main, kill pylon, and get map vision.
[image loading]

6) Instead of droning, continuously inject with the queen and produce 2 overlords (putting you at 20 out of 42 supply)
[image loading]

7) IMPORTANT: Use your lings and overlords to make sure there are no avenues for probe scouting
[image loading]

8) Patrol the areas outside of xel naga vision with a zergling. You cannot let the protoss player scout your lack of 3rd base or natural
[image loading]

9) Your spotting zergling will spot any probes moving out
[image loading]

10) By 5:05~, zergling speed finishes allowing you to easily chase and kill scouting workers/zealots.
[image loading]

11) After your hatch and 2 overlords, begin a warren. Continue piling larva by injecting with your single queen.
[image loading]

12) Once speed is done and you've denied scouting, cancel your expansion.
[image loading]

13) When warren finishes, you have 10 larva! Make roaches, hotkey, and rally to protoss natural
[image loading]

14) Move out, produce speedlings rallied to the roaches.
[image loading]

15) IMPERATIVE that you kill any stalkers/zealots/probes that could spot your incoming push.
[image loading]

16) Arrive at opponent's base at 7:15 or 7:20, before warpgate or stargate.
[image loading]

17) Focus down the cannons and attacking units (sentry/cannon priority)!
[image loading]

18) Try to get all the roaches in range of your target by moving closer and closer.
[image loading]

19) He's right! All-ins are good.
[image loading]


The Build Order:

+ Show Spoiler +
14Gas
14Pool
15Overlord
15 Queen/6Lings/Zergling Speed (Remove 2 from gas until you chase probe away)
20 Expansion Hatchery
19 Drone
20 Overlord x2
20 Roach Warren (4:20-4:30)
Zergling speed finishes, cancel hatch shortly after. (5:10-5:30)
Warren finishes around 5:45, begin 10 Roaches immediately (You should be at 20 out of 42 supply, allowing you to make 10 right away)
After roaches, remove from gas and produce 1 overlord.
Continuously produce lings rallied to your roaches.


Denying Scouting:

+ Show Spoiler +
This is the MOST important part of the build. Your first 6 zerglings are so crucial in denying your protoss opponent the crucial information he needs to respond to your attack.

Step 1: Chase away his initial probe so that you can fill up your gas without him knowing.
Step 2: Get a Zergling to the xel naga towers (Especially important on a map like shakuras where the Xel vision covers the whole middle of the map).
Step 3: Get a Zergling to the protoss front to "Spot" any units/probes leaving the base.
Step 4: Scout any possible locations where he could hide a probe.
Step 5: Deny any zealot/stalker scouting (Sometimes players send 2 zealots, watch game against CCDP)

Keep in mind you could also position overlords for map vision. Below are a few examples of how you can scout with your lings (Forgive the elementary design!)

Korhal Scout Path
[image loading]

Antiga Scout Path
[image loading]

Shakuras Scout Path
[image loading]


Execution of the Attack:

+ Show Spoiler +
The most important aspect of the execution is actually the above note on "Denying Scouting". I really can't emphasize the importance of using those zerglings to kill scouting probes and zealots.

Assuming you've successfully kept your opponent in the dark, you should encounter a pretty soft protoss defense: 1-2 Cannons, 1-2 sentries, maybe a zealot or stalker. Cannons will always be the highest DPS so typically you'll want to focus those down first, but you could opt to kill pylons first too. For example...

[image loading]

[image loading]

Either option is viable, the thing to remember is not to be shy with your roach engagement – Get up close and try to focus down those cannons and units! You want to have all 10 of your roaches within range of attacking a cannon. If there are two cannons, I usually take 5 roaches to each side and snipe both simultaneously. Once any cannons within range are destroyed, break in through a pylon, forge, or cyber core and kill probes with zerglings. If he has a very light defense because he's intending to produce voidrays, move your roaches in right away and go for the pylons powering the Stargate. You should be able to kill it before any air units are out.


Discussion Questions:

+ Show Spoiler +
1) Could you transition and expand after the roaches and lings are out? (Say 50ish supply)
2) How can a protoss player scout and respond to this?
3) If the protoss player is denied scouting info, are they forced to blindly build additional cannons?
4) Can this build be used against any none-FFE builds?


Feedback

+ Show Spoiler +
As always, I want to thank you all for reading and supporting! I welcome any constructive feedback/criticism on this guide. I want to know everyone's opinion on content so please contribute to this poll:
Poll: Are you happy with the topics I choose for my guides?

Yes, I enjoy reading about / incorporating aggressive styles. (221)
 
78%

(22)
 
8%

No, I would prefer if your future guides focused more on standard/macro styles. (21)
 
7%

Yes/No. I do enjoy aggressive builds, but I'd like to see more variety in the styles you choose. (20)
 
7%

284 total votes

Your vote: Are you happy with the topics I choose for my guides?

(Vote): Yes, I enjoy reading about / incorporating aggressive styles.
(Vote): No, I would prefer if your future guides focused more on standard/macro styles.
(Vote): Yes/No. I do enjoy aggressive builds, but I'd like to see more variety in the styles you choose.
(Vote):



In an effort to produce more content, I'm looking for more help in producing coaching and tutorial videos - if you're interested in contributing written or video content please check out www.TangStarcraft.com
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Trusty
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand520 Posts
March 01 2012 22:30 GMT
#2
Requesting TangSC meme:
All-in, OR IS IT?


Good job on guide
RaiD.RaynoR
Profile Joined February 2012
United States294 Posts
March 01 2012 22:33 GMT
#3
i also like to bring 1 queen all the way down you know, for shits and giggleZ
Redemption is the consequence of forgiveness
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
March 01 2012 22:35 GMT
#4
--- Nuked ---
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
March 01 2012 22:42 GMT
#5
On March 02 2012 07:30 Trusty wrote:
Requesting TangSC meme:
All-in, OR IS IT?


Haha this one definitely is all in. Though in about 2% of games you may contain him to 1 base kill his natural and be forced to expand yourself...but that seems unlikely.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 22:44:06
March 01 2012 22:43 GMT
#6
Using this every ZvP.

I hate late game t.t

edit: Can you make a thread like this for Zenio's 3 hatch baneling bust against FFE? There's some VODs of it from the latest Homestory Cup.
I love crazymoving
Trusty
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand520 Posts
March 01 2012 22:43 GMT
#7
On March 02 2012 07:42 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 07:30 Trusty wrote:
Requesting TangSC meme:
All-in, OR IS IT?


Haha this one definitely is all in. Though in about 2% of games you may contain him to 1 base kill his natural and be forced to expand yourself...but that seems unlikely.


Hehe, yeah just teasing
GGfytheWORLD
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)37 Posts
March 01 2012 22:45 GMT
#8
Plenty of other posts I can go to to learn about standard macro procedures, etc.
A fantastic guide, thanks.
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
March 01 2012 22:49 GMT
#9
Ahh, kinda like 4-gate nexus cancel, right?
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 22:52:48
March 01 2012 22:50 GMT
#10
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680

GloPikkle
Profile Joined October 2010
United States197 Posts
March 01 2012 22:52 GMT
#11
If only Leenock's ZvP was on par with his other MUs.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
March 01 2012 22:52 GMT
#12
On March 02 2012 07:49 KimJongChill wrote:
Ahh, kinda like 4-gate nexus cancel, right?

Yeah that's a good way of thinking it. It just requires a little more scouting than the nexus cancel.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Trusty
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand520 Posts
March 01 2012 22:55 GMT
#13
On March 02 2012 07:50 Oboeman wrote:
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680




14/14 is to keep P in the dark.

Gasless into roach/ling is pretty easy to spot - since you need more than 4 lings to kill 1 zealot, without speed.
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
March 01 2012 23:02 GMT
#14
On March 02 2012 07:55 Trusty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 07:50 Oboeman wrote:
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680




14/14 is to keep P in the dark.

Gasless into roach/ling is pretty easy to spot - since you need more than 4 lings to kill 1 zealot, without speed.


With the 3rd base, I actually want him to scout. I have a queen and creep to help my slow lings keep him out of my natural, and speed should still finish in time for me to catch his zealots without having to show any roaches.
Forbidden17
Profile Joined December 2011
666 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 23:06:24
March 01 2012 23:04 GMT
#15
On March 02 2012 07:50 Oboeman wrote:
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680


gassless = gl denying probe scouts. Your claimed timing of 7:45 and Leenocks 7:10 is the difference between a protoss who doesn't have warpgates / a completed stargate, or one who does.

edit: this type of all-in usually straight up wins or loses, it's rare to find an inbetween. Sure yours has more economy and has stronger reinforcements, but I sure hope those extra speedlings can jump over forcefields because that's the timing you're playing off of.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
March 01 2012 23:05 GMT
#16
On March 02 2012 08:04 Forbidden17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 07:50 Oboeman wrote:
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680


gassless = gl denying probe scouts. Your claimed timing of 7:45 and Leenocks 7:10 is the difference between a protoss who doesn't have warpgates / a completed stargate, or one who does.

That's what I was thinking. If you want to just put on pressure while macroing, do what Leenock does against Naniwa in the other games - same build but no hatch cancel, use the roaches to pick off forge/cyber/gateway/pylons but don't commit to an all-in, drone behind it.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Forbidden17
Profile Joined December 2011
666 Posts
March 01 2012 23:07 GMT
#17
On March 02 2012 08:05 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 08:04 Forbidden17 wrote:
On March 02 2012 07:50 Oboeman wrote:
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680


gassless = gl denying probe scouts. Your claimed timing of 7:45 and Leenocks 7:10 is the difference between a protoss who doesn't have warpgates / a completed stargate, or one who does.

That's what I was thinking. If you want to just put on pressure while macroing, do what Leenock does against Naniwa in the other games - same build but no hatch cancel, use the roaches to pick off forge/cyber/gateway/pylons but don't commit to an all-in, drone behind it.

oic, then yea if you don't want to all-in then it's a different story altogether
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
March 01 2012 23:08 GMT
#18
On March 02 2012 08:07 Forbidden17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 08:05 TangSC wrote:
On March 02 2012 08:04 Forbidden17 wrote:
On March 02 2012 07:50 Oboeman wrote:
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680


gassless = gl denying probe scouts. Your claimed timing of 7:45 and Leenocks 7:10 is the difference between a protoss who doesn't have warpgates / a completed stargate, or one who does.

That's what I was thinking. If you want to just put on pressure while macroing, do what Leenock does against Naniwa in the other games - same build but no hatch cancel, use the roaches to pick off forge/cyber/gateway/pylons but don't commit to an all-in, drone behind it.

oic, then yea if you don't want to all-in then it's a different story altogether

No no I'm agreeing with you, it's still a 14g14p.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
Forbidden17
Profile Joined December 2011
666 Posts
March 01 2012 23:08 GMT
#19
On March 02 2012 08:08 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 08:07 Forbidden17 wrote:
On March 02 2012 08:05 TangSC wrote:
On March 02 2012 08:04 Forbidden17 wrote:
On March 02 2012 07:50 Oboeman wrote:
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680


gassless = gl denying probe scouts. Your claimed timing of 7:45 and Leenocks 7:10 is the difference between a protoss who doesn't have warpgates / a completed stargate, or one who does.

That's what I was thinking. If you want to just put on pressure while macroing, do what Leenock does against Naniwa in the other games - same build but no hatch cancel, use the roaches to pick off forge/cyber/gateway/pylons but don't commit to an all-in, drone behind it.

oic, then yea if you don't want to all-in then it's a different story altogether

No no I'm agreeing with you, it's still a 14g14p.

haha i realized after I posted and didn't want to bother editing hoping you'll just read it the right way ^^
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 23:14:40
March 01 2012 23:11 GMT
#20
On March 02 2012 08:04 Forbidden17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 07:50 Oboeman wrote:
If you open gasless instead of 14/14 you can squeeze in more drones, and then you don't even need to cancel the hatch. I hit a bit later, but with bigger economy for more speedling reinforcements. Usually I hit 7:45ish with 8 roaches and 20 lings, producing lings continuously off of double injects. It's still early enough that protoss automatically dies if they didn't build a bunch of extra cannons. The roaches take down the wall and the constant stream of speedlings finishes him off even if he made a void ray.

I also have a variation of it (similar to zenio's baneling bust) where I take a fast 3rd hatch instead of a second queen, to make it much more difficult to scout. I try to show him the 3rd base, but prevent him from scouting my gas. I hit with 8 roaches and rally speedlings from 3 hatches with one queen.
http://drop.sc/103680


gassless = gl denying probe scouts. Your claimed timing of 7:45 and Leenocks 7:10 is the difference between a protoss who doesn't have warpgates / a completed stargate, or one who does.

edit: this type of all-in usually straight up wins or loses, it's rare to find an inbetween. Sure yours has more economy and has stronger reinforcements, but I sure hope those extra speedlings can jump over forcefields because that's the timing you're playing off of.


He usually won't have enough forcefields. You are correct that the timing lines up with warpgate and void ray. In the replay I posted, warpgate finished just as I was attacking, and he had a void ray out, and it didn't matter. If toss builds a bunch of extra cannons, they repel it quite easily, but without the cannons, they still die.

If you want to hit earlier, you can cut more drones, letting you bank more money for the roaches. That works too, but you'll have fewer lings later on. It's still intended to be an all in, despite having more hatcheries. They just give it more reinforcing power. You have the option of scouting his wall off before committing to zerglings, and you can drone behind it if he cannoned up, but you'll be behind anyway because you made the roaches.
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 765
Soma 627
BeSt 405
910 351
Light 323
Horang2 315
Hyuk 274
Jaedong 222
Pusan 122
Stork 121
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 105
Dewaltoss 91
Shinee 59
ZerO 54
Killer 46
Mong 45
Yoon 38
Mind 37
Rush 32
Sharp 28
Bale 26
ggaemo 25
sorry 19
yabsab 18
hero 17
ZergMaN 17
Snow 16
Noble 9
Creator 8
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc1171
XcaliburYe196
League of Legends
JimRising 360
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1481
pashabiceps1006
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2401
Khaldor649
Other Games
gofns28370
singsing1366
ceh9676
XBOCT317
Pyrionflax181
DeMusliM158
Mew2King104
ArmadaUGS39
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick597
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH270
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2226
League of Legends
• Jankos1547
• Stunt496
Other Games
• WagamamaTV177
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
55m
Stellar Fest
2h 55m
The PondCast
23h 55m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.