• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:54
CEST 13:54
KST 20:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9817 users

[G] Leenock's ZvP All-In: 10 Roach Rush - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
MaryJoana
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany156 Posts
May 23 2012 21:24 GMT
#181
On May 23 2012 23:22 oOOoOphidian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 23:11 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:01 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 22:19 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 11:35 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 09:59 TangSC wrote:
On May 22 2012 03:41 godsend1 wrote:
I've done this a few times on ladder, just feels like (in high diamond/sometimes play masters) that as soon as prot sees the gas they just throw down 3 cannons and chrono sentries. After that it's pretty hard to kill them.

I don't think scouting gas alone is enough reason to build 3 cannons and chronoboost sentries - are you sure they're not scouting your roaches as they move out?

a gas pool opening almost always sends off alarms to protoss players. have you actually played games with this build lately?
it's very common to see people drop multiple cannons after seeing a gas, because they know they are ahead even if you decide to take a third from there.

I really don't think it's as common as you say, perhaps you could provide links to professional players who drop 3+ cannons in response to gas-first? In my experience, it's not common at all to drop multiple cannons after seeing gas. In fact, I use a variety of gas-first builds against protoss that do not involve an early bust. Blindly building 3 cannons and chrono-boosting sentries is an incorrect response and will result in a build-order loss against openings like this:
http://drop.sc/185172


I'm aware that it's bad against stuff like zenio's hydra opener or even 2 base muta, but it's exactly what naniwa does every time he sees an early gas and tons of people copy that on ladder. I've even had people do it when the gas I made was actually just for a random extractor trick.

I've never seen Naniwa do it :S it's bad against a lot more than those 2 builds. I just think it's a mistake, they should chronoboost 2 zealots and respond based on the information they gather. If they scout speedlings, then yes definitely put down an extra cannon or two and chronoboost your first sentry. An early gas geyser alone is not enough information.

seeing gas that early is essentially the same as seeing speedlings. which is what they will see when playing against every all-in like this. I forgot to mention I like to do a variation of this in reaction to people who over-commit to cannon rushing and I saw spanishiwa do it as well, you really don't need the speedlings anyway especially now that you can deny all scouting with the new range queens. The roaches are enough to cripple someone and you can just drone behind it with 2-3 hatches. When I do that I usually get gas a lot later which makes it much harder to scout.


Can you elaborate as to the BO? I'd be really interested, now with the new Queens I can see that it may be possible to go speedless roach rush.
If you can't handle the heat, don't jump in the fire.
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
May 23 2012 21:55 GMT
#182
I play at a Master level and tried this twice today, got FACESTOMPED both times, like wasn't even moderately close to winning. They know something is fishy when they see speedlings preventing their scout and they promptly get cannons / sentries.

I think its almost better to meta-game them by getting the speed, denying scout, and going like 4 bases with mass drone while they are sitting back scared (if you are playing someone good enough to actually have game sense and realize and all-in might be coming)
Northern_iight
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada363 Posts
May 23 2012 22:13 GMT
#183
On May 24 2012 06:55 ChosenSC2 wrote:
I play at a Master level and tried this twice today, got FACESTOMPED both times, like wasn't even moderately close to winning. They know something is fishy when they see speedlings preventing their scout and they promptly get cannons / sentries.

I think its almost better to meta-game them by getting the speed, denying scout, and going like 4 bases with mass drone while they are sitting back scared (if you are playing someone good enough to actually have game sense and realize and all-in might be coming)


basically this. Same here, I use to do this in masters as well. But once they see gas first they auto throw down 2-3 cannons and sentries. When you get speed so early protoss just skip their initial harass with zealot/stalker and proceed with their tech. All ins are really tough to execute these days with ZvP
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
May 24 2012 01:49 GMT
#184
On May 24 2012 06:24 MaryJoana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 23:22 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:11 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:01 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 22:19 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 11:35 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 09:59 TangSC wrote:
On May 22 2012 03:41 godsend1 wrote:
I've done this a few times on ladder, just feels like (in high diamond/sometimes play masters) that as soon as prot sees the gas they just throw down 3 cannons and chrono sentries. After that it's pretty hard to kill them.

I don't think scouting gas alone is enough reason to build 3 cannons and chronoboost sentries - are you sure they're not scouting your roaches as they move out?

a gas pool opening almost always sends off alarms to protoss players. have you actually played games with this build lately?
it's very common to see people drop multiple cannons after seeing a gas, because they know they are ahead even if you decide to take a third from there.

I really don't think it's as common as you say, perhaps you could provide links to professional players who drop 3+ cannons in response to gas-first? In my experience, it's not common at all to drop multiple cannons after seeing gas. In fact, I use a variety of gas-first builds against protoss that do not involve an early bust. Blindly building 3 cannons and chrono-boosting sentries is an incorrect response and will result in a build-order loss against openings like this:
http://drop.sc/185172


I'm aware that it's bad against stuff like zenio's hydra opener or even 2 base muta, but it's exactly what naniwa does every time he sees an early gas and tons of people copy that on ladder. I've even had people do it when the gas I made was actually just for a random extractor trick.

I've never seen Naniwa do it :S it's bad against a lot more than those 2 builds. I just think it's a mistake, they should chronoboost 2 zealots and respond based on the information they gather. If they scout speedlings, then yes definitely put down an extra cannon or two and chronoboost your first sentry. An early gas geyser alone is not enough information.

seeing gas that early is essentially the same as seeing speedlings. which is what they will see when playing against every all-in like this. I forgot to mention I like to do a variation of this in reaction to people who over-commit to cannon rushing and I saw spanishiwa do it as well, you really don't need the speedlings anyway especially now that you can deny all scouting with the new range queens. The roaches are enough to cripple someone and you can just drone behind it with 2-3 hatches. When I do that I usually get gas a lot later which makes it much harder to scout.


Can you elaborate as to the BO? I'd be really interested, now with the new Queens I can see that it may be possible to go speedless roach rush.

I've actually tried out a bunch of variations like 3 hatch into 10 roaches, but I'm not sure what the best one would be. Typically around 20 gas or a later double gas seems to be good.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
May 24 2012 14:47 GMT
#185
On May 24 2012 10:49 oOOoOphidian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 06:24 MaryJoana wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:22 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:11 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:01 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 22:19 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 11:35 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 09:59 TangSC wrote:
On May 22 2012 03:41 godsend1 wrote:
I've done this a few times on ladder, just feels like (in high diamond/sometimes play masters) that as soon as prot sees the gas they just throw down 3 cannons and chrono sentries. After that it's pretty hard to kill them.

I don't think scouting gas alone is enough reason to build 3 cannons and chronoboost sentries - are you sure they're not scouting your roaches as they move out?

a gas pool opening almost always sends off alarms to protoss players. have you actually played games with this build lately?
it's very common to see people drop multiple cannons after seeing a gas, because they know they are ahead even if you decide to take a third from there.

I really don't think it's as common as you say, perhaps you could provide links to professional players who drop 3+ cannons in response to gas-first? In my experience, it's not common at all to drop multiple cannons after seeing gas. In fact, I use a variety of gas-first builds against protoss that do not involve an early bust. Blindly building 3 cannons and chrono-boosting sentries is an incorrect response and will result in a build-order loss against openings like this:
http://drop.sc/185172


I'm aware that it's bad against stuff like zenio's hydra opener or even 2 base muta, but it's exactly what naniwa does every time he sees an early gas and tons of people copy that on ladder. I've even had people do it when the gas I made was actually just for a random extractor trick.

I've never seen Naniwa do it :S it's bad against a lot more than those 2 builds. I just think it's a mistake, they should chronoboost 2 zealots and respond based on the information they gather. If they scout speedlings, then yes definitely put down an extra cannon or two and chronoboost your first sentry. An early gas geyser alone is not enough information.

seeing gas that early is essentially the same as seeing speedlings. which is what they will see when playing against every all-in like this. I forgot to mention I like to do a variation of this in reaction to people who over-commit to cannon rushing and I saw spanishiwa do it as well, you really don't need the speedlings anyway especially now that you can deny all scouting with the new range queens. The roaches are enough to cripple someone and you can just drone behind it with 2-3 hatches. When I do that I usually get gas a lot later which makes it much harder to scout.


Can you elaborate as to the BO? I'd be really interested, now with the new Queens I can see that it may be possible to go speedless roach rush.

I've actually tried out a bunch of variations like 3 hatch into 10 roaches, but I'm not sure what the best one would be. Typically around 20 gas or a later double gas seems to be good.

Banelings work best off three hatch, in my opinion: LiquidZenio's 3Hatch Ling/Bane All-In
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
May 26 2012 03:49 GMT
#186
On May 24 2012 23:47 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 10:49 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 24 2012 06:24 MaryJoana wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:22 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:11 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:01 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 22:19 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 11:35 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 09:59 TangSC wrote:
On May 22 2012 03:41 godsend1 wrote:
I've done this a few times on ladder, just feels like (in high diamond/sometimes play masters) that as soon as prot sees the gas they just throw down 3 cannons and chrono sentries. After that it's pretty hard to kill them.

I don't think scouting gas alone is enough reason to build 3 cannons and chronoboost sentries - are you sure they're not scouting your roaches as they move out?

a gas pool opening almost always sends off alarms to protoss players. have you actually played games with this build lately?
it's very common to see people drop multiple cannons after seeing a gas, because they know they are ahead even if you decide to take a third from there.

I really don't think it's as common as you say, perhaps you could provide links to professional players who drop 3+ cannons in response to gas-first? In my experience, it's not common at all to drop multiple cannons after seeing gas. In fact, I use a variety of gas-first builds against protoss that do not involve an early bust. Blindly building 3 cannons and chrono-boosting sentries is an incorrect response and will result in a build-order loss against openings like this:
http://drop.sc/185172


I'm aware that it's bad against stuff like zenio's hydra opener or even 2 base muta, but it's exactly what naniwa does every time he sees an early gas and tons of people copy that on ladder. I've even had people do it when the gas I made was actually just for a random extractor trick.

I've never seen Naniwa do it :S it's bad against a lot more than those 2 builds. I just think it's a mistake, they should chronoboost 2 zealots and respond based on the information they gather. If they scout speedlings, then yes definitely put down an extra cannon or two and chronoboost your first sentry. An early gas geyser alone is not enough information.

seeing gas that early is essentially the same as seeing speedlings. which is what they will see when playing against every all-in like this. I forgot to mention I like to do a variation of this in reaction to people who over-commit to cannon rushing and I saw spanishiwa do it as well, you really don't need the speedlings anyway especially now that you can deny all scouting with the new range queens. The roaches are enough to cripple someone and you can just drone behind it with 2-3 hatches. When I do that I usually get gas a lot later which makes it much harder to scout.


Can you elaborate as to the BO? I'd be really interested, now with the new Queens I can see that it may be possible to go speedless roach rush.

I've actually tried out a bunch of variations like 3 hatch into 10 roaches, but I'm not sure what the best one would be. Typically around 20 gas or a later double gas seems to be good.

Banelings work best off three hatch, in my opinion: LiquidZenio's 3Hatch Ling/Bane All-In

Yeah, as an all-in. Roaches let you pressure while droning behind it, which is why I've tried out variations like that.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
May 26 2012 04:20 GMT
#187
On May 26 2012 12:49 oOOoOphidian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2012 23:47 TangSC wrote:
On May 24 2012 10:49 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 24 2012 06:24 MaryJoana wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:22 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:11 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 23:01 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 22:19 TangSC wrote:
On May 23 2012 11:35 oOOoOphidian wrote:
On May 23 2012 09:59 TangSC wrote:
[quote]
I don't think scouting gas alone is enough reason to build 3 cannons and chronoboost sentries - are you sure they're not scouting your roaches as they move out?

a gas pool opening almost always sends off alarms to protoss players. have you actually played games with this build lately?
it's very common to see people drop multiple cannons after seeing a gas, because they know they are ahead even if you decide to take a third from there.

I really don't think it's as common as you say, perhaps you could provide links to professional players who drop 3+ cannons in response to gas-first? In my experience, it's not common at all to drop multiple cannons after seeing gas. In fact, I use a variety of gas-first builds against protoss that do not involve an early bust. Blindly building 3 cannons and chrono-boosting sentries is an incorrect response and will result in a build-order loss against openings like this:
http://drop.sc/185172


I'm aware that it's bad against stuff like zenio's hydra opener or even 2 base muta, but it's exactly what naniwa does every time he sees an early gas and tons of people copy that on ladder. I've even had people do it when the gas I made was actually just for a random extractor trick.

I've never seen Naniwa do it :S it's bad against a lot more than those 2 builds. I just think it's a mistake, they should chronoboost 2 zealots and respond based on the information they gather. If they scout speedlings, then yes definitely put down an extra cannon or two and chronoboost your first sentry. An early gas geyser alone is not enough information.

seeing gas that early is essentially the same as seeing speedlings. which is what they will see when playing against every all-in like this. I forgot to mention I like to do a variation of this in reaction to people who over-commit to cannon rushing and I saw spanishiwa do it as well, you really don't need the speedlings anyway especially now that you can deny all scouting with the new range queens. The roaches are enough to cripple someone and you can just drone behind it with 2-3 hatches. When I do that I usually get gas a lot later which makes it much harder to scout.


Can you elaborate as to the BO? I'd be really interested, now with the new Queens I can see that it may be possible to go speedless roach rush.

I've actually tried out a bunch of variations like 3 hatch into 10 roaches, but I'm not sure what the best one would be. Typically around 20 gas or a later double gas seems to be good.

Banelings work best off three hatch, in my opinion: LiquidZenio's 3Hatch Ling/Bane All-In

Yeah, as an all-in. Roaches let you pressure while droning behind it, which is why I've tried out variations like that.


you can do the roach all in with 3 hatch as well! The 3rd hatch just replaces the 2nd queen and is all about mind gaming.
http://drop.sc/183278

I don't really recommend trying to drone behind roach pressure. you almost always end up with a smaller worker lead than if you had just skipped the roaches anyway (unless you win outright from the roaches).
TheManInBlack
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Nigeria266 Posts
September 18 2012 19:25 GMT
#188
It would be very difficult to transition out of this should it fail I think.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
September 18 2012 20:08 GMT
#189
Impossible to transition out of this, I would argue. Still a good build to have in your repertoire though! I used it a few times this season.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
September 18 2012 20:13 GMT
#190
On September 19 2012 05:08 TangSC wrote:
Impossible to transition out of this, I would argue. Still a good build to have in your repertoire though! I used it a few times this season.

Isn't the 14 gas a giveaway? You cant deny scouting before that no?
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
Zealos
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom3576 Posts
September 18 2012 21:28 GMT
#191
Speed is sometimes gotten by Z's v P, so it isn't a perfect tell. I for one used this build to prop up my terrible ZvP all the way into mid masters, it is very very strong.
On the internet if you disagree with or dislike something you're angry and taking it too seriously. == Join TLMafia !
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
September 18 2012 21:47 GMT
#192
On September 19 2012 05:13 tehemperorer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 05:08 TangSC wrote:
Impossible to transition out of this, I would argue. Still a good build to have in your repertoire though! I used it a few times this season.

Isn't the 14 gas a giveaway? You cant deny scouting before that no?

You can't deny scouting of gas-first, but there are a wide array of options available to the player who opens 14g/14p.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
figaro
Profile Joined September 2012
Scotland9 Posts
October 12 2012 19:13 GMT
#193
I'm a low to mid master zerg and I've given this build a few goes in custom games. In my experience you can easily experience a build order loss on all maps but ohana due to toss's strongly reacting to 14 gas (not necesarily the best thing for them to do). On ohana this strategy is much less hit and miss and the toss really needs to prepare for you back rocks change allot and the short rush distance helps. I wouldn't use this as your only zvp strat but in a bo3 where Ohana comes up it's certainly a build worth throwing in. As ever thanks for the build tang <3
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
October 12 2012 19:31 GMT
#194
I have recently started doing a bad variation of this vs 1 gate expos. No reason not to really, it is almost guaranteed to flood a Protoss out of his unsafe expansion when properly executed, even with my horribly late gas (I scout on 13, so usually see the gateway around the 15 supply mark when I'm taking my nat).

Definitely not optimal, and not deserving of it's own thread, but it borrows a lot of ideas from this build.
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
Dubsy
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada186 Posts
October 12 2012 20:16 GMT
#195
When was the last time this build worked for anyone? I can't believe I used to die to this. I can't believe good Protoss used to die to this.

If there is no 3rd at 4:30, it's cannon time. Cancel whatever you have queued in the gate and pump sentries. If they bail and try to transition (research hallucination to be sure). A slightly late sentry immortal all in wins 95% of the time.
With a right-left, right-left you're toothless, And then you say "Goddamn they ruthless!"
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
October 12 2012 20:27 GMT
#196
Thank you.
Hey man
pixelAsurA
Profile Joined August 2012
United States15 Posts
October 12 2012 21:04 GMT
#197
You can do a 7 roach rush that hatches at 4:50 or so off of an 11 overpool that looks completely innocuous until it hits. I think that the timing on this 10 roach rush is a little late and the early gas telegraphs hard that something is up, and they have ample, ample time to react.
I never have anything interesting to say, but I have enough trivial things to say that it doesn't matter. ~~~ http://namelesspixel.net/node/92 ~~~ mid masters zerg streaming most of the time
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
October 18 2012 13:38 GMT
#198
On October 13 2012 04:31 Jermstuddog wrote:
I have recently started doing a bad variation of this vs 1 gate expos. No reason not to really, it is almost guaranteed to flood a Protoss out of his unsafe expansion when properly executed, even with my horribly late gas (I scout on 13, so usually see the gateway around the 15 supply mark when I'm taking my nat).

Definitely not optimal, and not deserving of it's own thread, but it borrows a lot of ideas from this build.

I occasionally mix this in against Gateway expand as well. Some weird games develop when they try to 4gate and are forced into their base.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
MahE
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada275 Posts
October 19 2012 04:07 GMT
#199
As a protoss, gas before 3rd means I'm expecting some kind of all in. Seems easily scoutable to me, and not hard to hold. Drop extra cannons and you're pretty much safe.
ineversmile
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States583 Posts
October 19 2012 05:11 GMT
#200
On October 18 2012 22:38 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 04:31 Jermstuddog wrote:
I have recently started doing a bad variation of this vs 1 gate expos. No reason not to really, it is almost guaranteed to flood a Protoss out of his unsafe expansion when properly executed, even with my horribly late gas (I scout on 13, so usually see the gateway around the 15 supply mark when I'm taking my nat).

Definitely not optimal, and not deserving of it's own thread, but it borrows a lot of ideas from this build.

I occasionally mix this in against Gateway expand as well. Some weird games develop when they try to 4gate and are forced into their base.


From the other side of the fence, as someone who goes 13 gate 15 gas Stalker-Nexus-Stalker, if I scout gas I don't even pressure the zerg. I just try to take my watchtower and maybe poke the other one for a second, then go back home and wall off. I also get a Stargate in that situation 100% of the time because a Void Ray puts a clock on the push and will always get charged against Roaches, and then when I take a third I can use that and a handful of Zealots to either clear the way or force a lot of non-drones. This also makes me safe against Nydus play by killing nearby overlords, and Mutas by going into Phoenixes afterward--and then I have a really good way to scout and harass the Zerg because of air control. So, that's the textbook response for a 1Gate Stalker Expo.
Nostradamus.146@AM, Nostradamus.398@KR, Nostradamus.922@EU http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/ins
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV377
Rex82
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
ProTech132
Rex 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31988
Hyuk 1095
Soma 787
Jaedong 708
actioN 583
Horang2 381
Larva 362
Soulkey 335
BeSt 312
Mini 255
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 221
910 215
Stork 212
Light 203
Last 184
Snow 153
ggaemo 102
Pusan 92
Rush 92
ZerO 75
Yoon 59
Killer 50
Mind 48
Creator 40
Mong 38
Shinee 34
hero 31
Sharp 25
Bale 25
Free 23
sorry 22
HiyA 16
yabsab 15
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7508
Dendi345
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1535
markeloff88
kRYSTAL_51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2777
Khaldor976
Other Games
gofns32665
singsing1599
B2W.Neo327
XBOCT295
Pyrionflax262
DeMusliM231
Mew2King88
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 49
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1322
Other Games
• WagamamaTV166
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 6m
The PondCast
22h 6m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.