• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:42
CEST 18:42
KST 01:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8149 users

Seoul Barcraft again~

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
rkffhk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
474 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 16:37:08
January 23 2012 16:32 GMT
#1
Hey guys,

Me and Eishi_Ki were playing League of Legends together Monday night here and we were just talking about how much fun we used to have at 신촌 station at Jason Lee's place, Yaletown. We were both craving a burger and since Eishi_Ki leased an apartment near Yaletown for the sole purpose of being able to barcraft with us at that restaurant regularly, I figure we should collectively find a reason to go visit and tell Jason to shut up and take our money.

Personally, I would love that Mushroom burger with the Poutine deal again.

Monday and Tuesday are the Lunar New Year, which is a big deal in Korea, so Yaletown probably won't be open... but I was wondering if we can find some time this week to meet up and have lunch or dinner. (Lunch is a lot cheaper, though)

Any ideas on a date? Personally, I'm on vacation from my job all this week and so I have all the time in the world to play here.


Regards,
~The guy with the old school TL shirt, a.k.a. the guy who kissed NeverGG's hand
"Did not realize gold was such an important threshold for people, I guess I honestly take it for granted that if people practice / invest enough time into this game then they would make diamond in no time." ~Caihead
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
January 23 2012 16:42 GMT
#2
Aye, sole purpose hahaha

In srsness, would be good to have another meetup, if you're in Seoul and you fancy meeting some handsome fellows, post it up and we will get something arranged

~ The Scottish guy
yaletown
Profile Joined October 2011
Korea (South)110 Posts
January 24 2012 19:23 GMT
#3
Believe it or not, I recently received an email from GOM TV asking me NOT to host Barcrafts anymore. I then asked for a refund on my 1 year pass, which I paid for if I'm not allowed to host them and they abliged.
Therefore I will no longer be PROMOTING Barcrafts. If you would like to informally gather and ask me to turn on the TV to your favourite programs under your account, I can accomodate that.

As for the reasoning behind GOM's email, I have NO Idea at all...
you're only as good as your last game
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
January 24 2012 19:25 GMT
#4
Lol GOM.

Why don't you invite In_Dove to have some drinks with you lucky fellas in Seoul? (if he resides in Seoul)
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
rkffhk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
474 Posts
January 25 2012 04:25 GMT
#5
On January 25 2012 04:23 yaletown wrote:
Believe it or not, I recently received an email from GOM TV asking me NOT to host Barcrafts anymore. I then asked for a refund on my 1 year pass, which I paid for if I'm not allowed to host them and they abliged.
Therefore I will no longer be PROMOTING Barcrafts. If you would like to informally gather and ask me to turn on the TV to your favourite programs under your account, I can accomodate that.

As for the reasoning behind GOM's email, I have NO Idea at all...


... I don't even...

Whatever. I want that mushroom burger. Who's in?
"Did not realize gold was such an important threshold for people, I guess I honestly take it for granted that if people practice / invest enough time into this game then they would make diamond in no time." ~Caihead
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
January 25 2012 06:08 GMT
#6
On January 25 2012 04:23 yaletown wrote:
Believe it or not, I recently received an email from GOM TV asking me NOT to host Barcrafts anymore. I then asked for a refund on my 1 year pass, which I paid for if I'm not allowed to host them and they abliged.
Therefore I will no longer be PROMOTING Barcrafts. If you would like to informally gather and ask me to turn on the TV to your favourite programs under your account, I can accomodate that.

As for the reasoning behind GOM's email, I have NO Idea at all...


wtf GOMTV... is that really Mr. Chae's stance?
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
January 25 2012 07:43 GMT
#7
Oh my god... Gom is killing esports...
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
January 25 2012 08:03 GMT
#8
GOM banning barcraft... do they really think they lose out on account buyers/studio audience because of the occasional barcarft? Whoever's behind this needs their head checked.

I'm up for meeting up, especially for the burgers. Although I'd prefer dinner and a few beers.

~ the aussie guy
Yhamm is the god of predictions
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
January 25 2012 08:07 GMT
#9
I don't think that they realize that a lot of people that go to Barcrafts buy tickets, and go to live events...
/facepalm
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
Tomken
Profile Joined January 2010
Norway1144 Posts
January 25 2012 08:18 GMT
#10
Gasp........ terrible GOM wtf.
MBCGame HERO FIGHTING!!!~
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
January 25 2012 08:29 GMT
#11
Banning Barcraft because you're afraid people will skimp out on tickets is even stupider in Seoul, considering attending the matches live are free too. Are they going to ban people from coming to the studio because they'd rather have those people stay home and pay to watch? Ridiculous.
Writer:o
RunningInSquares
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States215 Posts
January 25 2012 08:31 GMT
#12
I would say that GOM is probably trying to force more foreigners to show up to the live matches; but that was not a problem when I was there and to boot, they don't have enough space.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
January 25 2012 08:54 GMT
#13
hahahahahahahahaah omg gom are you serious
why so 진지해?
Mitchlew
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia428 Posts
January 25 2012 08:59 GMT
#14
How do they even enforce that?
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 09:04:30
January 25 2012 08:59 GMT
#15
On January 25 2012 15:08 Looms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 04:23 yaletown wrote:
Believe it or not, I recently received an email from GOM TV asking me NOT to host Barcrafts anymore. I then asked for a refund on my 1 year pass, which I paid for if I'm not allowed to host them and they abliged.
Therefore I will no longer be PROMOTING Barcrafts. If you would like to informally gather and ask me to turn on the TV to your favourite programs under your account, I can accomodate that.

As for the reasoning behind GOM's email, I have NO Idea at all...


wtf GOMTV... is that really Mr. Chae's stance?

It's understandable.

If one barcraft gets 80 people to watch on one stream they lost 79 viewers, now imagine there were 10 barcrafts in korea. Roughly 700 "potential" viewers lost.

They have to fight for each viewer and barcrafts work against that. People don't realize that when there are thousands of people watching but they only generate like 100 views it's pretty dumb(for the event). Just think of the real numbers; people are always complaining about how sc2 gets less viewers than LoL, yet they forget that barcraft take away viewers. (Viewers as in numbers)
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
January 25 2012 09:04 GMT
#16
On January 25 2012 04:23 yaletown wrote:
Believe it or not, I recently received an email from GOM TV asking me NOT to host Barcrafts anymore. I then asked for a refund on my 1 year pass, which I paid for if I'm not allowed to host them and they abliged.
Therefore I will no longer be PROMOTING Barcrafts. If you would like to informally gather and ask me to turn on the TV to your favourite programs under your account, I can accomodate that.

As for the reasoning behind GOM's email, I have NO Idea at all...


Fuck that shit
Thank God and gunrun.
OPL3SA2
Profile Joined April 2011
United States378 Posts
January 25 2012 09:14 GMT
#17
On January 25 2012 17:59 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 15:08 Looms wrote:
On January 25 2012 04:23 yaletown wrote:
Believe it or not, I recently received an email from GOM TV asking me NOT to host Barcrafts anymore. I then asked for a refund on my 1 year pass, which I paid for if I'm not allowed to host them and they abliged.
Therefore I will no longer be PROMOTING Barcrafts. If you would like to informally gather and ask me to turn on the TV to your favourite programs under your account, I can accomodate that.

As for the reasoning behind GOM's email, I have NO Idea at all...


wtf GOMTV... is that really Mr. Chae's stance?

It's understandable.

If one barcraft gets 80 people to watch on one stream they lost 79 viewers, now imagine there were 10 barcrafts in korea. Roughly 700 "potential" viewers lost.

They have to fight for each viewer and barcrafts work against that. People don't realize that when there are thousands of people watching but they only generate like 100 views it's pretty dumb(for the event). Just think of the real numbers; people are always complaining about how sc2 gets less viewers than LoL, yet they forget that barcraft take away viewers. (Viewers as in numbers)


This should simply be taken into consideration when comparing stream numbers. That's about it. As far as GOM's stance on the matter, it's pretty stupid. Maybe they are in the process of making special accounts that have the right to stream to an audience that are more expensive (and not sold on the main page - there would be little reason for that). But unless that's where GOM is heading, then their stance is just dumb.
Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?
Imbu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States903 Posts
January 25 2012 09:16 GMT
#18
On January 25 2012 04:23 yaletown wrote:
Believe it or not, I recently received an email from GOM TV asking me NOT to host Barcrafts anymore. I then asked for a refund on my 1 year pass, which I paid for if I'm not allowed to host them and they abliged.
Therefore I will no longer be PROMOTING Barcrafts. If you would like to informally gather and ask me to turn on the TV to your favourite programs under your account, I can accomodate that.

As for the reasoning behind GOM's email, I have NO Idea at all...

Wow.... I don't even know what to think about that....

It's weird that Blizzard seems so into the whole BarCraft movement that they even spotlight them no battle.net....

I home GOM reverses this.... it would suck that if in Korea you couldn't do something like this...
@DreamingBird
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
January 25 2012 09:17 GMT
#19
I don't see why they wouldn't just try to charge a license fee rather than attempt to shut them down.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
January 25 2012 09:18 GMT
#20
On January 25 2012 18:14 OPL3SA2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 17:59 KeksX wrote:
On January 25 2012 15:08 Looms wrote:
On January 25 2012 04:23 yaletown wrote:
Believe it or not, I recently received an email from GOM TV asking me NOT to host Barcrafts anymore. I then asked for a refund on my 1 year pass, which I paid for if I'm not allowed to host them and they abliged.
Therefore I will no longer be PROMOTING Barcrafts. If you would like to informally gather and ask me to turn on the TV to your favourite programs under your account, I can accomodate that.

As for the reasoning behind GOM's email, I have NO Idea at all...


wtf GOMTV... is that really Mr. Chae's stance?

It's understandable.

If one barcraft gets 80 people to watch on one stream they lost 79 viewers, now imagine there were 10 barcrafts in korea. Roughly 700 "potential" viewers lost.

They have to fight for each viewer and barcrafts work against that. People don't realize that when there are thousands of people watching but they only generate like 100 views it's pretty dumb(for the event). Just think of the real numbers; people are always complaining about how sc2 gets less viewers than LoL, yet they forget that barcraft take away viewers. (Viewers as in numbers)


This should simply be taken into consideration when comparing stream numbers. .

But how do you do that?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1132
ComeBackTV 940
SteadfastSC483
TaKeTV 479
LamboSC2387
IndyStarCraft 163
Rex115
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 483
LamboSC2 387
mouzHeroMarine 284
IndyStarCraft 163
ProTech151
Rex 115
UpATreeSC 83
BRAT_OK 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32672
Shuttle 1566
EffOrt 895
Light 671
Mini 592
Soma 472
firebathero 284
Rush 212
Snow 191
ZerO 161
[ Show more ]
hero 94
Liquid`Ret 54
Sea.KH 54
sorry 53
Killer 43
Mong 35
ToSsGirL 29
Sexy 23
Terrorterran 22
Trap 20
soO 20
Bale 19
Shine 17
Free 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7008
qojqva1758
Dendi920
420jenkins157
Counter-Strike
fl0m1342
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2038
crisheroes1270
XaKoH 209
MindelVK8
Other Games
singsing1743
B2W.Neo983
Beastyqt464
FrodaN313
ArmadaUGS198
Hui .196
KnowMe147
QueenE100
Mew2King84
Trikslyr61
Dewaltoss49
C9.Mang039
ToD33
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• FirePhoenix15
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3001
• TFBlade1216
Other Games
• imaqtpie337
• Shiphtur237
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 18m
Stellar Fest
20h 18m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.