• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:26
CEST 12:26
KST 19:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8881 users

Day9's union 2011 Address

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
DuncanIdaho
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States465 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 16:29:25
January 07 2011 17:38 GMT
#1
I looked to see if a thread has posted this video yet, but I'm not finding it anywhere too obvious, and since everyone needs to watch this and get involved in order to grow E-Sports, I thought I'd take the initiative and post it. Enjoy! And send any constructive thoughts to feedback@day9.tv

http://www.own3d.tv/video/51761/Day9_-_let_s_make_e-sports_happen_together_in_2011

Edit add-in:
or:



ty for the links and posting this pseudocalm! :D :D :D

And this could be us someday:
[image loading]

120,000 people gathered live in a stadium to watch a 2005 StarCraft championship in Korea--over 40K more than attended the Super Bowl that year.

Taken from: http://www.cracked.com/article_18763_5-insane-true-facts-about-starcraft-professional-sport.html?wa_user1=3&wa_user2=Tech&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=moreon


Make it happen, buy Day9 his meat to keep him strong.

Day9 with meat:
(Thanks to OrangeNinja21 for this awesome drawing!)

[image loading]
The spice must flow... Grammar lesson: "than" is used for quantity comparisons, "then" is used for chronological statements. The next forum user who says, "I'd do such and such, THAN I'd do such and such else," is gonna make me cry...
Eeeegor
Profile Joined April 2005
Australia809 Posts
January 08 2011 04:13 GMT
#2
Was just looking for this - thanks :D
Day9 Made Me Do It
Anomaly_
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada15 Posts
January 08 2011 05:45 GMT
#3
thanks been looking for this since it cane out
Argolis
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada211 Posts
January 08 2011 05:51 GMT
#4
I have a lot of faith that a person like Sean has the potential to really help push E-Sports to the masses. Everyone should watch this video imo.
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
January 08 2011 05:54 GMT
#5
Very cool thanks
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Exxo
Profile Joined November 2010
United States79 Posts
January 08 2011 06:09 GMT
#6
I wish I could download it!
Hi.
pseudocalm
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada98 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 07:24:26
January 08 2011 07:23 GMT
#7
Whoa, thanks duncan for putting this up here. I threw that vid up on my own3d when I noticed Sean didn't put it on his blip, and a couple days later it's linked on reddit, TL, and day9fan and nearing 20k views.
The sc2 community is great and Day9's energy and motivation is so contagious. I'm stoked that a lot of people are able to watch and hopefully donate or get involved in whatever way they can.
<3 <3 <3
I'd put my sensor tower in her minimap
Alphonsse
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States518 Posts
January 08 2011 07:30 GMT
#8
Bad thread title, it will get mixed up with the state of the game podcast that day appears on.
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 07:48:40
January 08 2011 07:35 GMT
#9
Kinda misleading title I agree but glad this found its way on TL.

Day 9 has the ability to have statues molded after him. I would choose no other leader to do what he is trying to accomplish.
pseudocalm
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada98 Posts
January 08 2011 07:40 GMT
#10
yea, i think he meant to say state of the daily address, since that's what i called it in my own3d description.
I'd put my sensor tower in her minimap
FindingPride
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 07:45:12
January 08 2011 07:44 GMT
#11
sigh if i had a income id be loading his pockets.
Day9 like boxer is a face of esports.
mrjameslo91
Profile Joined December 2010
Malaysia27 Posts
January 08 2011 07:48 GMT
#12
cant wait till the site is up!
SC II is the best thing happened in my life
Mr.Brightside
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia317 Posts
January 08 2011 07:50 GMT
#13
It's awesome that Day9 has the courage to take on an amazing task like this though as he said we're all welcome to help in whatever way we can. I certainly support him and his way of thinking, especially since I grew up with my adults and siblings (they are all 10+ years older) saying that gaming is a waste of time and life in general, if it's what you enjoy then why not do it? As long as you remember there are other things in life too I think TL and it's community and sponsors are already well on their way to helping Esports grow and I hope that Day9 at the forefront can spread the word that Esports is something that should be enjoyed by the masses but also taken seriously.
"Makin' Pylons, Makin' Probes, Fightin' Round The World" - Russell Crowe
ProtossGirl
Profile Joined December 2010
England123 Posts
January 08 2011 08:03 GMT
#14
Signing up for the UK division of the Day's Army.
Phwar Gate
GriNn
Profile Joined September 2010
United States243 Posts
January 08 2011 08:03 GMT
#15
any alternative websites for this video? not working for me for some reason.
Liquid`Tyler: I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok.
pseudocalm
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada98 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 08:07:09
January 08 2011 08:04 GMT
#16
yea grintor, i put it on youtube as well the other day
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKXyP3CT1XM <---there
I'd put my sensor tower in her minimap
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
January 08 2011 08:10 GMT
#17
I don't understand how if we donate to help him buy meat the money will get directly back to help fuel the development of esports. I donated when TL had the quest to donate a bunch of money for everything he does. He is a great ambassador and I am a huge fan, but I don't understand why he is asking for donations to buy meat.
GriNn
Profile Joined September 2010
United States243 Posts
January 08 2011 08:12 GMT
#18
On January 08 2011 17:04 pseudocalm wrote:
yea grintor, i put it on youtube as well the other day
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKXyP3CT1XM <---there


Thanks
Liquid`Tyler: I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok.
Foxt
Profile Joined December 2010
Belize181 Posts
January 08 2011 08:13 GMT
#19
The idea was that if day9 could live only with donations then he could put all his other income to support esports.
ProtossGirl
Profile Joined December 2010
England123 Posts
January 08 2011 08:19 GMT
#20
On January 08 2011 17:10 AirbladeOrange wrote:
I don't understand how if we donate to help him buy meat the money will get directly back to help fuel the development of esports. I donated when TL had the quest to donate a bunch of money for everything he does. He is a great ambassador and I am a huge fan, but I don't understand why he is asking for donations to buy meat.



then all his other income (and more importantly TIME) can go towards e-sports.

If you have any talents, skills services i'd implore you to offer up your time and services to him

feedback@day9.tv
Phwar Gate
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29876
firebathero 2332
Bisu 750
Hyuk 536
Horang2 408
BeSt 205
Larva 200
EffOrt 122
Light 108
Leta 99
[ Show more ]
Soma 98
Mini 71
Sexy 67
Rush 67
Killer 66
ZerO 61
Barracks 57
Pusan 53
ToSsGirL 51
soO 46
Yoon 39
Sharp 31
Aegong 29
Shinee 26
NaDa 22
Bale 20
sorry 20
Sacsri 19
Mind 18
Hm[arnc] 14
Noble 12
JulyZerg 12
Terrorterran 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
Fuzer 181
XaKoH 3
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1205
byalli884
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
crisheroes801
Other Games
gofns37802
singsing1758
olofmeister1152
Mew2King87
B2W.Neo67
ArmadaUGS52
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH39
• StrangeGG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 34m
OSC
11h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 34m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.