• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10178 users

I need a beta key.. No, I deserve one. - Page last

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
grubal
Profile Joined April 2010
United States12 Posts
May 07 2010 17:56 GMT
#1
My mother died, and ever since I have known her, all she wanted was for me to aspire to be a great Starcraft 2 player. Her accident was a freak accident really, she was using the bathroom when one of the shampoo bottle's fell off the shelf above the tub. The bottle busted on the floor, she got up to clean it, slipped and hit her head on the back of the toilet.
She ended up with her head falling down into the bowl, and she actually drowned becuase she was uncious thus unable to save herself.. I know 99% of you will think this is a joke, but it really isnt. My mother was Jean Vaughan of Chestergap Virginia. The start of this post was a bit of strech, that is not really what she wanted, be she was actually an avid Starcraft BW player, (Beleive it or not). and she was looking forward to starcraft 2 like it was the fountain of youth. I played Brood War with her for close to 2 years, and I also had the same urge to get my hands on a Copy of Starcraft 2. All of the gamestops in our area no longer had any beta keys to give away. (I didn't learn about the give away until it was too late.) We both even bought extra copies of blizzard games to enter multiple accounts into the beta mailing list. Neither of us recieved any key.

I know that my mother dieing is not a good reason to get a beta key, but I really did have a connection with her through starcraft, we both enjoyed it so much, and I feel like if I was given the oppertunity I could play enough for the both of us, and I know she would be excited for me if she was still around.

This is not a joke, please refrain from mocking me, I know the Team Liquid community can be ruthless sometimes.

I constantly see threads giving away keys, and I have always seen them to late to catch one. I have entered countless contests, surveys mailing lists and more, only to end up with spam, wasted time, and no key. I do my best to follow the game on Team Liquid, watching all of the streams such as orb knows best, or Day[9]'s daily, but I know its just not the same.

I can watch as much as I want, but they does not mean I can play well, or play at all as far as it is concerned. Bottem Line.....


Team Liquid Community, I am asking for your assistance, actually, I am begging for it. If you have any questions you would like answered please, message me or reply. I know there are unused keys floating around somewhere, I just need it to end up on my screen this time.


Sincerely,

Jonathon Vaughan

Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 17:58:26
May 07 2010 17:57 GMT
#2
lol

On a serious note, pre-order SC2 and get beta.EZ
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Naf
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark68 Posts
May 07 2010 17:58 GMT
#3
My mother died, and ever since I have known her, all she wanted was for me to aspire to be a great Starcraft 2 player.

that's all i read really ....
GoodCat1
Profile Joined May 2009
Israel266 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 18:02:16
May 07 2010 17:59 GMT
#4
On May 08 2010 02:58 Naf wrote:
Show nested quote +
My mother died, and ever since I have known her, all she wanted was for me to aspire to be a great Starcraft 2 player.

that's all i read really ....


if you're no trollin'

you're a fucking jerk for using your mothers death as a reasong to get a fucking video game that will come out very soon..
ZerO FAN~!~!~!
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
May 07 2010 18:00 GMT
#5
If you had the money to buy extra copies of Blizzard games to try to opt in, surely you can afford the money it takes to preorder SC2 and get a beta key.
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
May 07 2010 18:00 GMT
#6
On May 08 2010 02:58 Naf wrote:
Show nested quote +
My mother died, and ever since I have known her, all she wanted was for me to aspire to be a great Starcraft 2 player.

that's all i read really ....


Are you really proud enough to post that that was all you could read?

Sad.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 07 2010 18:00 GMT
#7
This post is weird. If your mother did die recently, my condolences. If you are lying then you are a shithead. Either way I hope someone just gives you a key.
grubal
Profile Joined April 2010
United States12 Posts
May 07 2010 18:00 GMT
#8
On May 08 2010 02:57 Megalisk wrote:
lol

On a serious note, pre-order SC2 and get beta.EZ


I have pre-ordered, all of the game stops (I have checked for 5) around me are out of Beta Keys.
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
May 07 2010 18:02 GMT
#9
This is really hard to believe, link to obituary / news article on this and I will give you a key.
http://www.starcraftdream.com
btlyger
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States470 Posts
May 07 2010 18:02 GMT
#10
On May 08 2010 02:56 grubal wrote:
My mother died,


Stopped reading there.
"Minerals being mined. Minerals being mined. Minerals being mined." Learn how to post: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
grubal
Profile Joined April 2010
United States12 Posts
May 07 2010 18:02 GMT
#11
On May 08 2010 03:00 travis wrote:
This post is weird. If your mother did die recently, my condolences. If you are lying then you are a shithead. Either way I hope someone just gives you a key.


It has been months now, I've actually just accepted it really, Im moving forward now which is good, But I realize the selfishness involved in using my mothers death for a beta key, but I didn't want the focus to actually be about her death.

I mainly just want somthing to pass the time, and make any free time I have go by faster, so I don't have time to refelect on past events. And Thank-You for your condolences.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
May 07 2010 18:03 GMT
#12
Don't beg for keys.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 961
Mind 729
Larva 606
ggaemo 588
Stork 320
Leta 185
Bisu 158
PianO 150
Killer 45
Hyuk 34
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 21
Hm[arnc] 11
sorry 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe219
League of Legends
JimRising 391
Reynor101
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
Other Games
summit1g10263
Mew2King143
ArmadaUGS66
crisheroes26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Stunt1252
• Jankos1066
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
56m
Online Event
1h 56m
FEL
6h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.